RegisterDonateLogin

Your uncle wouldn't allow it.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Potential BlooMilk Booster League? Options
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 7:55:30 AM
Groups: Member

Now, I'll start this off with saying that I'm not trying to steal SWMGamers' idea, just that I want to play some sealed matches but their league is full, thus no room for me. Anyone interested in having something like that here?

And for those who don't know, here's what I'm talking about:
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=181&t=8447

Potential Members:
1. Demosthenes
2. Darth Percocet
3. Eroschilles
4. skeeve3000
5. trick624
6. EmporerDragon (?)[/b]
7. TheStarkiller
8. spryguy1981
9. Sashlon
10. Emissary
11. swinefeld
12. The Celestial Warrior
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 8:16:56 AM

Potential Members
circrush13
DarthMatter
Weeks
Billy Dooku
creme_brule

Demosthenes wrote:
Now, I'll start this off with saying that I'm not trying to steal SWMGamers' idea, just that I want to play some sealed matches but their league is full, thus no room for me. Anyone interested in having something like that here?

Its funny because i just found out about there league last night & tried to get in but its too late for sign-up's which is understandable. I think its a great idea & puts alot of interest thats been forgotten back in the game. It makes great use of the open booster program on this site.

I just mentioned over on SWMgamerz that it would be decent if all the players signed up & like the NFL, put all the players in Divisions & make out a schedule of weekly games, then have the playoffs & then SWM's superbowl, winner gets bragging rights. I think it would bring everyone together, everyone talking & getting along & most important of all putting interest in the game.

If your gonna start another league im down for helping anyway i can. I wouldnt even mind sitting on the sideline & overlooking games & open boosters for people, so Demosthenes, if you wanna do this im in it with ya & will help out.. even if it means i cant play i would just like seeing it go down like that..

Even though it was SWMgamerz idea, i doubt highly that Dean would care if you branched off on the idea & made another league. He seems to really wanna help the game go on & i think this would. So yea PM me if you wanna do this & need help im in..
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 8:32:07 AM

Sure! I could definitely use some help. I like your idea for having divisions, as it could put an interesting spin on the format that Gamers employs. I have a friend who would likely be interested, so for right now, I think we should just try to gauge interest, and then go from there. Tell everyone! =)
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 8:36:34 AM

Demosthenes wrote:
Sure! I could definitely use some help. I like your idea for having divisions, as it could put an interesting spin on the format that Gamers employs. I have a friend who would likely be interested, so for right now, I think we should just try to gauge interest, and then go from there. Tell everyone! =)

I mean like i said the idea is from SWMgamerz, but them guys over there, they are generally really good people. I think people judge them way before they even get to know them & you know what i did that too which i was wrong. So even though technically we wouldnt need permission, still would be good to see if Dean would be alright with the idea. So hopefully he'll respond to this thread.

Now back to the idea, yea i mean basically in the beginning think out a way to schedule, sign ups, just prep everything, the league rules etc. before actual schedule is made out, just do all the prep stuff first, so drop me a PM on how you wanna go on with this & what you wanna do first & we'll bounce ideas off eachother if you dont mind me doing so..
skeeve3000
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 10:00:13 AM

I would be interested in playing. I have just finally got Vassal to work and would like to play more games. I thought about getting in the SWMGamers league but it was too late also. If we can find one more person at least we would have 4 people and could maybe get started. let me know!
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 2:51:22 PM

Great to see more people interested! Hopefully we can get at least 8, that way we can run the Division scheme that Darth Percocet is interested in running.

And to explain to everyone who doesn't know what a Booster League is:
It's basically like a Sealed Tournament to begin with (on Vassal), but after each match, win or lose, you get a booster pack to open, so to speak. The TO will open a booster (set to be determined) and PM you your pieces, at which point you can construct a new squad for the next match, consisting of pieces you already had as well as pieces from your new booster. And it keeps going like that throughout the season! =)
trick624
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 2:55:04 PM

sounds interesting
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 3:06:54 PM

Demosthenes wrote:
at which point you can construct a new squad for the next match.

Does that mean it's accumulative so that by the end of the league, the players will have a large pool of minis, or do players only use the minis from the newest boosters?
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 3:09:45 PM

It will be cumulative, yes. That way, those who pull really crappy boosters in the beginning will get more of a chance to pull good pieces towards the end. It starts off as sealed matches, basically, and ends up being constructed matches.
TheStarkiller
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 3:19:22 PM

Totally in, since i missed out on the SWgamers deadline.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 4:07:02 PM

Count me in on this one if you do it.
Sashlon
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 4:27:19 PM

I would definatly be in on this because like some others, I missed out on the gamers league, and would love to play in one.

I don't see that the 2 would have to be in competition with each other or anything. We're all on the same side, right?

Count me in!
Emissary
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 5:04:28 PM

You can count me in as well. It gives me more time to get better at Vassal and I've always liked this type of format anyway. Makes the game more fun for me.
erictedders
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 6:12:00 PM

Um yeah, for some reason that site seems to be a little user unfriendly for me. Can't log on and whatnot. Can you explain what this league is and how it works?
Demosthenes
Posted: Monday, March 15, 2010 6:26:48 PM

@erictedders - Sure. In essence, it's a Vassal Tournament, set up as a Sealed Tournament initially, and as time goes on, it becomes Constructed. In the beginning, each player gets 2 random boosters, and has to come up with a squad (point level TBD) based on those boosters. Then, after each match, each player gets another random booster given to them, which they use to make a new squad, in addition to all the pieces they already have.
skeeve3000
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:55:41 AM

From what I saw on Gamers, the initial two boosters can be from any set and are picked by the player. I then think that all future boosters are random.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 1:44:38 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm interested, but I'll need to get up to speed with using Vassal here pretty soon...
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:17:56 AM

skeeve3000 wrote:
From what I saw on Gamers, the initial two boosters can be from any set and are picked by the player. I then think that all future boosters are random.

Yep, that's how it works. Match winners will get a LotF or post-LotF booster at random, while match losers will get a pre-LotF booster at random.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:48:16 AM

I'm part of the other league so I don't want to take up a valued slot, but I have a lot of time on my hands and would be available to get in the extra games. So if you need someone to make it even or don't care that I am in the other league, count me in...
Demosthenes
Posted: Tuesday, March 16, 2010 2:59:19 AM

Everyone's welcome to join, even if you're in the other league. =)