RegisterDonateLogin

I do not want the Emperor's prize damaged. We will test it on Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lobot...or Lobot? Options
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 1:19:09 PM
Groups: Member

I find myself making squads withe the new Lobot, CLO and then I finish the squads and realize I have 4 uggies/md's. So I drop the 4 uggies and Lobot for old school Lobot and have him bring in a Human BG and 3 uggies/md's.

I keep debating...well the new one has 10 more HP...but the Universe Lobot allows me to bring in a Human BG instead of an uggies so I can give Lobot 60 hp if I want...the new one has recon...but I rarely ever win a game because of recon and I often win games because my opponent didn't get points for killing my uggies and BG...the new one has reserves 30 so you can bring in Dash if you roll an 11...Dash is already in the squad : ) and I generally only get reserves 1/4 of the games I play...

Hmmm, so what do you guys think, is the new Lobot the best fringe Override or does that role still belong to the universe Lobot? T3-M4 still has some nice offensive options depending on how much room you have in the squad. So what do you guys prefer as your fringe override?
mercenary_moose
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 2:03:12 PM

CLObot in my mind is easily the best among them. Door control, init control, and reinforcements in one package sold it for me.
Lachesis
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 2:13:31 PM

lol clobot, i still like old lobot cause its the closest thing to a side bar u can get its nice
shinja
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 2:16:23 AM
Groups: Administration

I don't like either one because then I have to bring a box of Reserves/Reinforcements along to the tournament. I keep my minis sorted out in drawers at home, so anytime I need Reserves/Reinforcements, I have to find everything I could possibly need again.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 3:12:34 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

shinja wrote:
I don't like either one because then I have to bring a box of Reserves/Reinforcements along to the tournament. I keep my minis sorted out in drawers at home, so anytime I need Reserves/Reinforcements, I have to find everything I could possibly need again.

And it gets much worse when you have one of them in a Kazdan squad Razz

IG-108
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 3:21:14 AM

I guess the Lobot you pick could depend on if you want 20 points of immediate reinforcements, or mabye get a chance at getting 30 points of reserves. But Lobot CLO has the advantage of being cheaper, more HP, and has more abilities.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 3:24:42 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I'm still addicted to my custom 20pts that don't count toward victory points.
kenred2
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 3:25:15 AM

It depends on a squad build... the original Lobot helps net 7 points for override and 20 fringes during squad placement. With the original Lobot, you can put in another override (T3-M4) and an extra Ugnaught Demolitionist... or whatever that totals up to 20 pts. It's not bad, but because you now have 27pts worth of fringe, it might take away some of the elements for the "faction" you are trying to create.
Now for the Lobot, CLO... the points are much cheaper.. and 15pts is a good gap for both 2 useful abilities, Recon and Reserves 30 with an addition, override. It's a multitasking, versatile character that doesn't have a lot of HP (at least it's 10HP higher than the original Lobot), but adding some kind of a Body Guard or draw-fire, etc it may well prolong it's elasticity during gameplay.

If we compare the 2 lobots... I'd say Lobot, CLO is better. Forget about Fringe reinforcements 20 and pretend that the original lobot cost 7 points and you are required to spend up to 20 pts to make up to 27pts. If you use Lobot CLO, 15pts.. you basically can add up to 12 points to make up the 27pts (and you can use either fringe or whatever character(s) use on that particular faction). For this reason, Lobot CLO has a lot of potential than its predecessor, because of Recon and reserves.
graloth
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 3:57:18 PM

Sithborg wrote:
im with u Laugh "ok let me see nice squad i guess ill bring in this, this and this.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 5:55:59 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

graloth wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
im with u Laugh "ok let me see nice squad i guess ill bring in this, this and this.

Yep, especially when you are considering using an MTB...
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 9:44:10 AM

Sithborg wrote:

This is still where I am at aswell. If I have 4 uggies in the squad and 15 points...I will use old lobot because Lobot+Human BG+3 uggies will be better than Lobot CLO+4 uggies everytime. Especially considering your opponent gets no points for killing the human bg or uggies. But the added advantage of dropping the BG for more activations or bringing a larger piece if you just want another shooter makes Lobot King.

But if I only have 24 or 26 point left for fringe...I think Lobot CLO and 3 uggies or Lobot clo, a caamasi and 2 uggies would be great. So really he is just another option when you are short of points.
vanlanning
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 10:23:56 AM

I like CLObot, because he can see enemy camasi's in gambit and get recon, a total backfire in stratagy.