RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo Milk? Bloo Milk! I like the sound of that.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Who wins? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Luke Skywalker 40 53.333333 %
Revan 35 46.666666 %

April 2009 re-Rock the Vote (Skywalker v Revan) Options
RevRevGar
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 9:57:01 AM
Groups: Member

yodaccm wrote:
I could see him standing in front of the council...

There is actually a scene in one of the comics of him in front of the council, and then him feeling the pains of destruction when a planet was decimated. He wasn't winy with the council by the way :]

-RevRevGar
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:12:10 AM

Awesome,

Take a deep breath and think this through a second. If the audiences around the world hated Luke, we would never have seen a single sequel, let alone any other SW story material. I understand your oft repeated "the entire story is about Vader". We know that it IS about Vader (in the complete story arc, grand scheme of things) but that knowledge came after the fact. Back in the day, it was a movie about a special kid who might become a Jedi. Later we discover the importance of Vader.

If the movie flopped in 1977, the only person who would have known the significance of Vader would have been George Lucas. Luke was the main character of A New Hope (why do you think that was the title?) and as such was vital to the movie's success. I'm not debating whether he was whiny or not, enough people liked him that a sequel was made. Then another. That being said, I reassert that there would be no Revan without Luke Skywalker.

awesome
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:34:14 AM

I know, its just he was saying that it was ALL because of luke, not the inspiration to george lucas.
Mickey
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:47:04 AM

I had to go with Luke. I'm more of a lightsider kind of person. I also think that this might be a generation gap thing too. I'm not sure if the Revan voters are going off novel info or more off the KOTOR experience. If it is off playing the game then you are voting on your own exploits because you were Revan in the game. For all of us old farts that grew up on the original episodes were were Luke because back then we had to rely on our imaginations and daydreaming for living those exploits LOL
amsnow
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 5:32:18 AM

saber1 wrote:
Awesome,

Take a deep breath and think this through a second. If the audiences around the world hated Luke, we would never have seen a single sequel, let alone any other SW story material. I understand your oft repeated "the entire story is about Vader". We know that it IS about Vader (in the complete story arc, grand scheme of things) but that knowledge came after the fact. Back in the day, it was a movie about a special kid who might become a Jedi. Later we discover the importance of Vader.

If the movie flopped in 1977, the only person who would have known the significance of Vader would have been George Lucas. Luke was the main character of A New Hope (why do you think that was the title?) and as such was vital to the movie's success. I'm not debating whether he was whiny or not, enough people liked him that a sequel was made. Then another. That being said, I reassert that there would be no Revan without Luke Skywalker.

that is true, but luke doesnt neccesarely gain that credit, people may have loved han solo, or chewie etc. sure a lot of people probably did like luke. but i dont think he gets the title of no sequel without him
Mickey
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 6:16:13 AM

Actually if it were not for Capt Kirk paving the way for sci-fi fandom I doubt Star Wars would have been such a great hit. Star Trek had already been running on tv with great success leaving people wanting more. Along came Star Wars which became an instant hit. All the credit goes to George Lucas for Star Wars. His special effects were and still are ground breaking. All sound and video today must give credit to what was done in Star Wars. He also was very innovative in marketing also. He retained full rights to merchadising of this films which gave him the money needed to do sequels.

You should really watch the history of Star Wars on the history channel.
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:53:53 PM

amsnow wrote:

that is true, but luke doesnt neccesarely gain that credit, people may have loved han solo, or chewie etc. sure a lot of people probably did like luke. but i dont think he gets the title of no sequel without him

Take away the other heroes and the sequel can, and likely will, still be made. Take away Luke and it just doesn't work.
amsnow
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 6:23:12 PM

saber1 wrote:
amsnow wrote:

Take away the other heroes and the sequel can, and likely will, still be made. Take away Luke and it just doesn't work.

im not saying luke wasnt the centerfold of the story, but that deesnt mean people liked him the best because of it
IG-108
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 3:01:09 AM

Well, it's almost the end of the month and the vote's close. While Skywalker is ahead by five votes, Revan could pull through at the end. Anyone have any last comments?
RevRevGar
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:38:49 AM

Hey Everybody! Today is the last day to vote. Luke is winning, and most likely will win. I appreciate all the comments people left. The attention is nice to have :]

Tomorrow I will post the victor after the voting is turned off and then make a thread for the May vote. Enjoy your day and any remaining voters please throw in your vote!

-RevRevGar