RegisterDonateLogin

Side effects may include: nausea, heartburn, and Aing Tii flow-walking.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Rolling Mini of the Day (Urai Fen) Options
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 10:48:32 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Umm, what? Mara Jade has been the premier NR piece since the day she debuted.
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 11:03:56 AM
Groups: Member

TheHutts wrote:
Mara Jade, Jedi, from Alliance and Empire

Quote:
45 points, New Republic
Hit Points: 110
Defense: 20
Attack: 12
Damage: 10

Special Abilities
Unique
Cunning Attack (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)
Deadly Attack (Scores a critical hit on an attack roll of natural 19 or 20)
Lightsaber (+10 Damage against adjacent enemies)
Stealth (If this character has cover, she does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, she makes 1 extra attack against the same target)

Force Powers
Force 4
Lightsaber Assault (Force 1, replaces attacks: Make 2 attacks)
Lightsaber Block (Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)

Mara Jade Jedi's been the New Republic's premier spearhead since her release in 2007, even though she didn't necessarily become top-shelf until Ganner's levitation gave her the movement she needed. With her non-melee, Cunning, Lightsaber assaults, she can drop 120 damage on most pieces, and the traditional melee defenses of Riposte, Block, and Djem So all don't work against her, making her devastating against a lot of pieces. Since she's reliant on her Force Power, she can struggle in some metas; Ysalamari shuts her down, as does Force Absorb and Defense. But she's dominated other metas; Solo Charge (http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/82551/solo-charge) was hugely successful and popular during 2010 and 2011. When there's nothing cramping her style, Mara Jade Jedi is absolutely deadly, and she's easily one of the best and scariest Jedi in the game. 10/10.

Don't forget Jaded Galaxy during the 150 pt era. Mara, Han GH, Dodonna, Dodonna, ugos, lobot (mtb and more ugos). Very, very potent squad. Mara has always been one of the best.
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 11:07:45 AM

Darth O wrote:
Would you use a Lancer as a throw-in for a squad without Pawn of the Darkside?

No. I would never use the lancer as a throw-in with any squad. Just as I wouldn't use ANY mid to high point cost piece as a throw in. I wouldn't throw in Anakin solo into a NR squad or Jarael into a fringe squad, etc. Your squad needs to work well within itself and each of attackers need to actually contribute to the squad. Unless you are specifically working to abuse the lancer, 2 IG-86s is probably a better squad add, but again it depends on the squad. Maybe a sniper/spotter is better. It all depends on what you want the squad to do, what is already in the squad and what weaknesses the squad still has.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 12:58:23 PM

Thanks Sithborg and UrbanJedi, I've altered the original to include your feedback. Obviously, since I started playing in 2010, quite often I don't quite know what I'm talking about before that.....

More stats, I arranged the pieces into four eras (in terms of release date), and took the average rating.

Era 1: Rebel Storm -> Bounty Hunters, average rating = 3.33 (15 pieces covered so far)
Era 2: Alliance and Empire -> Knights of the Old Republic, average rating = 6.88 (8 pieces)
Era 3: Clone Wars -> Masters of the Force, average rating = 7.00 (10 pieces)
Era 4: V-sets, average rating = 7.23 (13 pieces)
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 2:19:57 PM

Watto, from Galactic Heroes

Quote:
11 points, Fringe
Hit Points: 30
Defense: 16
Attack: 4

Special Abilities
Unique
Flight (Ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving)
Loaded Chance Cube (Enemies within 6 squares must roll 2 dice for every save and choose the lowest roll. Enemies with a Force rating are immune to this ability.)
Slave Owner (At the start of the skirmish, choose one living follower. That character gains Slave and Self Destruct 20. If the chosen character would join an opponent’s squad, that character is defeated instead.)
Strong Willed (Cannot be affected by Jedi Mind Trick)

You know that useless Toydarian Soldier? Noone's ever going to play that chump, but thanks to the v-sets, his piece is used for a couple of eminently useful pieces, including this Watto. Watto has two distinct Special Abilities. Firstly, his Loaded Chance Cube is relatively marginal, as it only works within 6 squares (tricky to use on a fragile piece) and it doesn't work on enemies with a force rating. But his Slave Owner opens up some interesting squad types, as it basically gives a living follower Savage, and access to Savage synergies with Celeste Morne and Malakili. It's especially good for factions that don't have great damage boosts - for instance it's just about the only way to make Mara Jade Jedi's Lightsaber Assaults even nastier. There are plenty of squads in the builder with the Watto and Celeste combo, giving Savage to all sorts of pieces; Arica, Wookie Jedi, Maul Sith Infiltrator, and even The Ganner. I don't recall ever seeing a Celeste/Watto build making a splash at tournament level, but I do think that the potential's there, 8/10.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 4:37:08 PM

Kelborn, from Galactic Heroes

Quote:
28 points, Mandalorian
Hit Points: 90
Defense: 18
Attack: 9

Special Abilities
Unique
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Greater Mobile Attack (Can move both before and after attacking. This character can make extra attacks even if he moves this turn, but he must make them all before resuming movement.)
Cloaked (If this character has cover, he cannot be targeted by nonadjacent enemies)
Coordinated Command (Allied Mandalorian commanders gain Relay Orders)
Cunning Attack (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an enemy who has not activated this round)
Gauntlet Knife +10 (+10 Damage to 1 adjacent target; this counts as a melee attack)
Relay Orders (Each allied commander can count distance from this character as well as from itself for the purpose of commander effects)
Resol'nare (After initiative is determined, this character and allied Mandalorians within 3 squares may move up to 6 squares. You may not use Resol'nare in the same round with Battle Ready.)

There are very few auto-includes in the game. R2-D2 Astromech Droid makes it into every Republic squad. Ganner and Dodonna make it into every New Republic squad. Mas Amedda makes it into every Imperial squad. The Yammosk makes it into every Vong squad. Kelborn joins that elite group, with his game changing capabilities for the Mandalorians. Even without his two most interesting Special Abilities, Kelborn's a solid attacker for the Mandos; he's a Cloaked Cunning attacker,who can get up to 120 damage with the help of a Mandalorian Captain against an unactivated enemy, and that alone is just about worth 28 points. But on top of that, he has two great Special Abilities that push him into the rarefied air of the elite minis:

Coordinated Command - Kelborn has Relay Orders himself, and also hands it out to allied commanders. It makes it a lot easier to take advantage of Commander Effects, and the Mandos have some really strong ones, especially twin from the Captain and death shots from Jaster Mereel. Darth Maul Death Watch Overlord is a good, tough commander with Cloaked who can use Relay Orders.

Resol'nare - even more importantly, Kelborn also gives himself and allied Mandalorians who start the round within 3 squares of him, 6 squares of movement at the start of each round. I hate to sound like a broken record, but efficient movement breakers are some of the most powerful pieces in the game, and Kelborn's another one - he allows the Mandalorians to get up the board quickly, and gives them some unpredictability.

Kelborn's a really well thought out piece; he's very powerful for 28 points, but the Mandalorians needed him, and with his help they've been much more competitive - Fenn Shysa and Mandalore the Vindicated are also great recent additions to the faction, but Kelborn is the Power 11 piece in the mix. The Mandalorians took out a couple of Regionals last season, and a Kelborn based Mando team went unbeaten through Swiss in the NZ National tournament last year, Mandos are finally a major force in the game. 11/10
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 7:06:08 PM

Luke Skywalker, Rebel from Rebel Storm

Quote:
17 points, Rebel
Hit Points: 40
Defense: 17
Attack: 7
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Unique
Impulsive Shot (If a Unique allied character is defeated, this character can make 1 immediate attack)

Force Powers
Force 2

Famously, there were just about as many Rebel Luke Skywalkers made by WOTC as there were Yuuzhan Vong; the four or five really good ones, like Rebel Commando and Snowspeeder got all the play, and the rest got left at the bottom of the box. Unsurprisingly for a piece from Rebel Storm, Rebel Luke's stats simply aren't good enough for the modern game; he's not going to get any play with his 40 hit points and lack of defensive abilities. Having said that, Impulsive Shot on a good piece could actually be very powerful in a Rebel squad, which are often based around a bunch of cheap uniques; give this Luke upgraded hit points and attack, and he'd potentially be really useful. But for now, if you want to play a similar mechanism in Rebels, try those new Tantive IV Troopers; they're the best thing the Rebels have got for ages. 2/10.
countrydude82487
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 10:15:14 AM

TheHutts wrote:
Kelborn, from Galactic Heroes

Quote:
28 points, Mandalorian
Hit Points: 90
Defense: 18
Attack: 9

Special Abilities
Unique
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Greater Mobile Attack (Can move both before and after attacking. This character can make extra attacks even if he moves this turn, but he must make them all before resuming movement.)
Cloaked (If this character has cover, he cannot be targeted by nonadjacent enemies)
Coordinated Command (Allied Mandalorian commanders gain Relay Orders)
Gauntlet Knife +10 (+10 Damage to 1 adjacent target; this counts as a melee attack)
Relay Orders (Each allied commander can count distance from this character as well as from itself for the purpose of commander effects)
Resol'nare (After initiative is determined, this character and allied Mandalorians within 3 squares may move up to 6 squares. You may not use Resol'nare in the same round with Battle Ready.)

as you pointed out , this is an auto include for any mando squad today. SOme much utility for a piece that it cant be helped. THat being said this is my favoirte mando piece released for a while. It is a decent attacker and tech that brought mandos up to a more competitive level.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 11:16:33 AM

TheHutts wrote:
Luke Skywalker, Rebel from Rebel Storm

Quote:
17 points, Rebel
Hit Points: 40
Attack: 7

Special Abilities
Unique
Impulsive Shot (If a Unique allied character is defeated, this character can make 1 immediate attack)

Force Powers
Force 2

Famously, there were just about as many Rebel Luke Skywalkers made by WOTC as there were Yuuzhan Vong; the four or five really good ones, like Rebel Commando and Snowspeeder got all the play, and the rest got left at the bottom of the box. Unsurprisingly for a piece from Rebel Storm, Rebel Luke's stats simply aren't good enough for the modern game; he's not going to get any play with his 40 hit points and lack of defensive abilities. Having said that, Impulsive Shot on a good piece could actually be very powerful in a Rebel squad, which are often based around a bunch of cheap uniques; give this Luke upgraded hit points and attack, and he'd potentially be really useful. But for now, if you want to play a similar mechanism in Rebels, try those new Tantive IV Troopers; they're the best thing the Rebels have got for ages. 2/10.

interestingly enough, This Luke DID receive an (easily forgotten) upgrade.

Luke Skywalker, Farmboy 15

Hit Points: 50
Attack: 6
Rarity:
Base: Medium
Special Abilities
Unique
Pilot
Accurate Shot (Can attack an enemy with cover even if it's not the nearest enemy)
Deadeye (On this character's turn, if he doesn't move, he gets +10 Damage)
Impulsive Reprisal (If a Unique allied character is defeated, for the remainder of the skirmish this character has +4 Attack and +10 Damage)
Rapport (A character whose name contains Biggs costs 1 less when in the same squad as this character.)
Force Powers
Force 2
"But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"

Not much better
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 11:25:26 AM

TheHutts wrote:
Watto, from Galactic Heroes

Quote:
11 points, Fringe
Defense: 16
Attack: 4

Special Abilities
Unique
Flight (Ignores difficult terrain, enemy characters, low objects, and pits when moving)
Loaded Chance Cube (Enemies within 6 squares must roll 2 dice for every save and choose the lowest roll. Enemies with a Force rating are immune to this ability.)
Slave Owner (At the start of the skirmish, choose one living follower. That character gains Slave and Self Destruct 20. If the chosen character would join an opponent’s squad, that character is defeated instead.)
Strong Willed (Cannot be affected by Jedi Mind Trick)

You know that useless Toydarian Soldier? Noone's ever going to play that chump, but thanks to the v-sets, his piece is used for a couple of eminently useful pieces, including this Watto. Watto has two distinct Special Abilities. Firstly, his Loaded Chance Cube is relatively marginal, as it only works within 6 squares (tricky to use on a fragile piece) and it doesn't work on enemies with a force rating. But his Slave Owner opens up some interesting squad types, as it basically gives a living follower Savage, and access to Savage synergies with Celeste Morne and Malakili. It's especially good for factions that don't have great damage boosts - for instance it's just about the only way to make Mara Jade Jedi's Lightsaber Assaults even nastier. There are plenty of squads in the builder with the Watto and Celeste combo, giving Savage to all sorts of pieces; Arica, Wookie Jedi, Maul Sith Infiltrator, and even The Ganner. I don't recall ever seeing a Celeste/Watto build making a splash at tournament level, but I do think that the potential's there, 8/10.

Wow! I had a large hand in designing this piece and I don't think I would have given him an 8. I'm happy you think that though.

What I am pleased with is that he seems to have hit the mark that we were aiming at - fun, different, and useful but not top tier.

I like seeing that many people are building with him, even though I don't think I've seen too many (if any) squads use him at tournaments.

In the uber-rock meta (mace/GOWK, Malgus, etc) theoretically I envisioned a Stealth N Blue squad with Watto and the Rancor Keeper being quite nasty. The issue is that you have to have something in your base squad, and bring in Watto OR the Rancor Keeper with Lobot, but unless you're playing Jabba too, you have to put one or the other in the base squad, which weakens it in most matches.

Long story short - you have to build with it from the start, and that will never be tier 1.

But there are some fun builds with him, and room for more synergy with future characters.

TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 12:57:44 PM

I was wavering between a 7 and an 8. Googling, I'd forgotten that a Watto squad did get 6th place in the NZ Nationals last year, run by Mike Moore Smuggler and going 3-2:

Quote:
“Don’t Stop, Asajj”
Separatist – Rhen Var
Celeste
Asajj, Sep Assassin
Lobot
Malakili
Watto
San Hill
Poggle
Uggie
13x Drones

And it looks like he featured in a Regional or two as well. I think he deserves a low 8 - not Tier 1, but I do think Watto/Celeste builds are good enough to compete at a tournament level. Probably better in last year's meta than in this year's - Watto squads generally involve pumping up your main attacker ever more.

TimmerB123 wrote:
Luke Skywalker, Farmboy 15

"But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!"

I've never played that Luke - but I do think he's OK for 15 points and might actually get some play if he wasn't Luke and competing for playtime with all the other Lukes. It'd be interesting to see Impulsive Shot on another mini sometime though - only Luke Rebel and Grievous Kaleesh Warlord have it, and it could potentially be really strong on a good mini.
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:23:15 PM

Vanguard, from Galactic Heroes

Quote:
Old Republic, 40 points
Hit Points: 80
Defense: 20
Attack: 12

Special Abilities
Trooper
Advanced Shields 1 (When this character takes damage, he reduces the damage dealt by 10 with a save of 6)
Draw Fire (If an enemy targets an ally within 6 squares of this character, you may force that enemy to target this character instead if it can; save 11)
Jolt (An enemy hit by this character's attack is considered activated this round; save 11. Huge and larger characters ignore this effect.)
Rapport (A character named Aric Jorgan costs 1 less when in the same squad as this character)

Commander Effect
Allied Old Republic soldiers and troopers are treated as having the same name as each other, only for purposes of special abilities whose name contains Squad.

Allied Old Republic soldiers and troopers within 6 squares gain Squad Cover (+4 Defense while 3 allies with the same name as this character are within 6 squares).

Trooper squads in Old Republic squads have been a tricky beast - since every tournament Old Republic squad starts with Bastila Shan JM and also needs some door control and activations, there just wasn't room for enough Troopers and Commanders to make a viable Old Republic grunt squad, despite some strong individual pieces. So most Old Republic squads revolved around uniques like Carth Onasi, Atton 'Jaq' Rand, Satele Shan, and Master Thon. The Arkanian Jedi General in the most recent v-set was a good answer for this problem - squads of 20 point Old Republic Troopers with Greater Mobile Attack and Prideful are suddenly nasty, if not necessarily Tier 1. Unfortunately, at 40 points, the Vanguard gets left out in the cold from these new builds, since he doesn't fit in under the General's 30 points for Prideful. The Vanguard does have some power - Jolt is potentially nasty, and Advanced Shields on a shooter gives him some survivability. The Vanguard's a decent piece for 40 points; he might be somewhat overcosted, but his main problem is that he just doesn't slot comfortably into any OR build and he's not going to get much play as a result, 4/10.
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 3:39:38 PM

Biggs Darklighter, Rebel Pilot, from Command of the Galaxy

Quote:
27 points, Rebel
Attack: 10

Special Abilities
Unique
Pilot
Red Squadron Ace (Counts as a character named Red Squadron Ace)
Bravado +10 (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an adjacent enemy with a higher point cost)
Camaraderie (An ally whose name contains Luke Skywalker gains Pilot)
Evade (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Squad Assault (+4 Attack while 3 allies with the same name as this character are within 6 squares)

The proud wearer of Star Wars' most impressive moustache got short thrift from his original WOTC version, and was in need of a remake. Biggs Mark II follows a similar template to the Red Squadron Aces from Renegade and Rogues, with the same Bravado + 10 and Squad Assault, but he does have inbuilt Evade and GMA, along with 20 base damage, making him more of a ranged threat than the Aces, who have to be adjacent to be effective. Most interestingly, he also has Camaraderie, giving a character whose name contains Luke Skywalker Pilot; nb. because of the way this is worded, it doesn't work for pieces like Luke's Snowspeeder or Luke and Leia on Speeder. This opens up Rebel Luke for Pilot bonuses, including Vander's +4 +10 against adjacent enemies, Speed 8 and evade from the Klatooinian Captain, and and General Lando Calrissian's defense bonuses.

I think that this Biggs probably combos best with Luke Hero of Endor - giving him Speed 8 is at least a minor movement breaker for him, and the potential damage and defense boosts are also helpful. I don't know if it's quite tournament quality, but I've enjoyed running a squad of unique Rebel pilots, plus he also has options among a fleet of Red Squadron Aces. Biggs is another in a long list of good solid v-set pieces, fairly costed and strong enough to have tournament potential, 8/10.
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 4:42:35 PM

Clone Trooper Commander, from Clone Strike

Quote:
13 points, Republic
Defense: 14

Special Abilities
Order 66

Commander Effect
Trooper followers within 6 squares get +3 Attack if they do not move this turn.

Before doing these random profiles, I had no idea that Clone Strike had both a Clone Trooper Commander and a Clone Trooper Sergeant; they are almost equally quaint with their almost identical stats, costs, and negligible CEs. It's hard to decide which is worse, but I think this guy takes it out with his terrible Commander Effect....

Have I got a deal for you! If you leave your fragile Clone Troopers in the open for an entire round, I'll give them +3 attack at the start of the next round.

I guess this Commander might have some kind of (very marginal) application in Naboo Trooper squads, but Clone Trooper squads are much better off with Queen Amidala or Captain Rex for mobility. And Clone Trooper squads are terrible anyway. 2/10.
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:45:39 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Biggs Darklighter, Rebel Pilot, from Command of the Galaxy

Quote:
27 points, Rebel

Special Abilities
Unique
Pilot
Red Squadron Ace (Counts as a character named Red Squadron Ace)
Bravado +10 (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against an adjacent enemy with a higher point cost)
Camaraderie (An ally whose name contains Luke Skywalker gains Pilot)
Evade (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Squad Assault (+4 Attack while 3 allies with the same name as this character are within 6 squares)

The proud wearer of Star Wars' most impressive moustache got short thrift from his original WOTC version, and was in need of a remake. Biggs Mark II follows a similar template to the Red Squadron Aces from Renegade and Rogues, with the same Bravado + 10 and Squad Assault, but he does have inbuilt Evade and GMA, along with 20 base damage, making him more of a ranged threat than the Aces, who have to be adjacent to be effective. Most interestingly, he also has Camaraderie, giving a character whose name contains Luke Skywalker Pilot; nb. because of the way this is worded, it doesn't work for pieces like Luke's Snowspeeder or Luke and Leia on Speeder. This opens up Rebel Luke for Pilot bonuses, including Vander's +4 +10 against adjacent enemies, Speed 8 and evade from the Klatooinian Captain, and and General Lando Calrissian's defense bonuses.

I think that this Biggs probably combos best with Luke Hero of Endor - giving him Speed 8 is at least a minor movement breaker for him, and the potential damage and defense boosts are also helpful. I don't know if it's quite tournament quality, but I've enjoyed running a squad of unique Rebel pilots, plus he also has options among a fleet of Red Squadron Aces. Biggs is another in a long list of good solid v-set pieces, fairly costed and strong enough to have tournament potential, 8/10.

Biggs is indeed best paired with Luke HoE and Vandar. In fact one of my favorite and IMHO one of my best squads feature that combo. yeah Luke is the main melee Threat but Biggs is pretty dangerous adjacent to easily dropping off 80 with +18 attack. Not bad. A more than decent shooter who gets better up close and personnel, plus makes Luke slightly better. I would give him an 9/10
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 7:40:37 PM

Gonk Power Droid, from Universe

Quote:
12 points, Fringe
Hit Points: 10
Defense: 15
Attack: 0
Damage: 0

Special Abilities
Droid (Immune to critical hits; not subject to commander effects)
Power Coupling (At the end of its turn, this character can choose 1 adjacent Small or Medium ally who does not have Melee Attack. That ally gains Extra Attack until the end of this character's next turn, or until this character is no longer adjacent.)
Self-Destruct 20 (When this character is defeated, each adjacent character takes 20 damage)
Speed 2 (Can move only 2 squares and attack, or 4 squares without attacking)

The GONK power droid is certainly an interesting piece - with one potentially uber ability (Power Coupling) balanced by two negative abilities in Self-Destruct 20 and Speed 2. I think, overall, that the limitations of Power Coupling (the recipient has to stay adjacent to GONK until after it makes its attacks) together with Speed 2 are too prohibitive to make the GONK truly useful. One of the GONK's potential uses has been obsoleted by the v-sets - if you want a detonator for the Muun Tactics Broker, that you can bring in along with the MTB with Lobot's reinforcements, you're much better off with a Klaatonian Assassin in most scenarios. I do hear that the GONK is more practical in tile wars, where the Speed 2 is less of a restriction, and fans of Power Coupling should note that the v-set Mandalorian Technician has the same ability. I think the GONK deserves a three, since it does have some unique possibilities, but it's not going to see a lot of play in this day and age, 3/10.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 8:56:25 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

He's key to many possible puzzles where you are trying to maximize the damage output in a single turn.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:05:34 PM

I once bought a gross of gonks for no apparent reason beyond the fact that I could. Still have most of them too.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:10:45 PM

Make a good stand in for extra mouse droids, and I recall a time near the beginning of the game. When Imperial night sisters and their lightning were dominating the playing field and one player kept bringing them. I brought Aurra sing, and a ton of Gonk droids and absolutely obliterated the witches with many Jedi hunting attacks. Balance was restored thanks to the gonka
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 9:19:11 PM

Yeah, I remember those Gonk squads. One player used Chewie RH and a bunch of Gonks...Chewie could BG for them, and then he had something like 9 attacks on his turn. I did see better squads though:

Han RH
Aurra Sing
Chewie RH
Gonk x2

All the figs would be clustered in a group, with Chewie BGing for everyone and then Han would get Triple Accurate (Cunning) and then you'd activate the gonks and give their boost to Aurra, who also got Triple Accurate (Jedi Hunter). That was HUGE damage output back then. It was pretty nasty. It had virtually NO mobility and so it was never more than Tier 2, but it did give many squads fits for a while.