RegisterDonateLogin

Recommended by 2 out of 5 Tusken Raiders.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Thank you design team!! Options
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 7:31:49 PM
Groups: Member

Hey, I just wanted to take a second to thank you guys for all of your hard work and dedication to keep this game going. Seriously, if you have ever been a designer, play tester, quality control guy or any of the positions I can't think of right now because it's 11... then thank you! It's because of you that we still have regionals and gencon can still draw over 30 people.

I didn't have the luxury of playing this game when you could get 8 guys together once every week. When regionals had over 20 on average, when you could grab a booster from the local store or even when gencon ran 60. Do I say this to imply "man thing have gone down hill" or "your guys work has been for nothing"? On the contrary, if it weren't for you all I wouldn't have been able to ever get know the game or the community that I enjoy so much!

I know there are plenty of people that are frustrated for one reason or another and giving you all grief. Don't take it personally and keep your chin up. The quality I have seen in the v-sets far surpasses that of what wizards ever had. Has there been a rotten egg or two? Of course! You all have put out more playable material in the vsets than wizard would have put out in 15 years. (IMO)

I don't want to rant and distract from the point. Thank you all, I can't say it enough, thank you for keeping the game and community going.
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 10:09:27 PM

Bump
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 10:44:18 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

For my own part, reading posts like this makes it worth all the effort.

Here's to 8 sets and counting. BlooMilk clink

No Bloo Milk ahh...

right back at it tomorrow Wink
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 2:46:19 AM

atmsalad wrote:
Hey, I just wanted to take a second to thank you guys for all of your hard work and dedication to keep this game going. Seriously, if you have ever been a designer, play tester, quality control guy or any of the positions I can't think of right now because it's 11... then thank you! It's because of you that we still have regionals and gencon can still draw over 30 people.

I didn't have the luxury of playing this game when you could get 8 guys together once every week. When regionals had over 20 on average, when you could grab a booster from the local store or even when gencon ran 60. Do I say this to imply "man thing have gone down hill" or "your guys work has been for nothing"? On the contrary, if it weren't for you all I wouldn't have been able to ever get know the game or the community that I enjoy so much!

I know there are plenty of people that are frustrated for one reason or another and giving you all grief. Don't take it personally and keep your chin up. The quality I have seen in the v-sets far surpasses that of what wizards ever had. Has there been a rotten egg or two? Of course! You all have put out more playable material in the vsets than wizard would have put out in 15 years. (IMO)

I don't want to rant and distract from the point. Thank you all, I can't say it enough, thank you for keeping the game and community going.

+1 In addition, I'd like to thank those who, despite years after WotC jumped ship, stayed with the game and still play it with enthusiasm. That doesn't mean you have to agree with every design presented (see Daala) or agree with evrything that has been done to rectify issues. (again see Daala) We're a smaller group now than in years past, but working together we can keep this fun and keep it going. I will never be a designer but I know my voice is heard.
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:06:22 AM

atmsalad wrote:

+2

Awesome job guys! As a playtester for the last 6 sets, I always appreciate working with the designers, cause they do pay attention to playtest reports. This game is doing very well and I just want to say thanks!
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:20:47 AM

The new set is great. Pieces are great, abilities and mechanical interaction show finesse and an amazing comprehension of the rules, and the cards are great quality also. Thanks again for the hard work.
harryg
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:33:25 AM

atmsalad wrote:

+1000000000000 thanks to everyone! It makes me so happy to know so many wonderful people are still involved with this great game!
SignerJ
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:12:23 AM

Atmsalad has said my sentiments perfectly. Thank you, designers!
fingersandteeth
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 7:56:57 AM

you guys are awesome.

ThumbsUp

Lets be honest though, without you guys, the guys that play often and with enthusiasm, there would be no reason to make figs. So long as we keep playing, talking and listening this game will persist.

dylan thomas wrote:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:35:33 AM

fingersandteeth wrote:
you guys are awesome.

ThumbsUp

Lets be honest though, without you guys, the guys that play often and with enthusiasm, there would be no reason to make figs. So long as we keep playing, talking and listening this game will persist.

dylan thomas wrote:

+1
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:30:25 AM

fingersandteeth wrote:
you guys are awesome.

ThumbsUp

dylan thomas wrote:

I want to hear you sing that. At our annual gathering at Hooters during GenCon. After your usual allotment of alchohol.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 3:31:01 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:
fingersandteeth wrote:
you guys are awesome.

ThumbsUp

dylan thomas wrote:

I want to hear you sing that. At our annual gathering at Hooters during GenCon. After your usual allotment of alchohol.
Wait, what.....I didn't see tickets for that on the GenCon website. Will generic tickets work?
jak
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:22:50 AM

juice man wrote:
Darth_Jim wrote:

Wait, what.....I didn't see tickets for that on the GenCon website. Will generic tickets work?

yes, Joe is a hooters virgin
Jonnyb815
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:10:55 PM

Good Job This set takes me back to the old days which WOTC would of just made a fun game that was create without all the boosted damage we got.

For the record Vset 7 still sucks in my eyes. Vset 8 best set ever.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:22:10 PM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
For the record Vset 7 still sucks in my ideas.

But Daala was Vset 6. I thought everyone was supposed to hate Daala. What happened? BigGrin
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:41:43 PM

Thanks for v-set 8 - lots of fun stuff.

I am having some difficulty understanding Jonny's sentence structure, but I really don't see the problem with v-set 7. I guess his issue is one of the following:
a) the Republic pieces in it are underpowered.
Padawan Commander has won a Regional.

b) Oppo Rancisis is disappointing.
He's fine. We don't need a Tier 1 Oppo tearing up the meta.

c) Some sort of personal grievance with a member of the design team on set 7.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:41:46 PM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
Good Job This set takes me back to the old days which WOTC would of just made a fun game that was create without all the boosted damage we got.

For the record Vset 7 still sucks in my eyes. Vset 8 best set ever.

And I still remember when Jonny was with us at Hooters and was actually talking to a waitress and had a big smile on his face. I yelled across the room "Jonny! Show her your squad!" Did you ever get her number? Wanna try this year?
Jonnyb815
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 5:42:23 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Jonnyb815 wrote:

But Daala was Vset 6. I thought everyone was supposed to hate Daala. What happened? BigGrin

Its not Daala that really is the problem its Vset 8 brought out counters to yodabuck and Lancer to off set the balance to Swarms.

All that Being said the Designers did a really good job maybe even too safe of a job to make sure the last set was balanced.

For the record I only saying thanks to this set and past sets not Vset 7. That set gets a F- or a 20% out of 100
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:07:34 PM

Jonnyb815 wrote:

For the record I only saying thanks to this set and past sets not Vset 7. That set gets a F- or a 20% out of 100

Yeah but why? You don't have to say that, this is an appreciation thread. You can be, you know, nice and just leave that negative bit out. It serves no purpose.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:39:22 PM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Jonnyb815 wrote:

Its not Daala that really is the problem its Vset 8 brought out counters to yodabuck and Lancer to off set the balance to Swarms.

All that Being said the Designers did a really good job maybe even too safe of a job to make sure the last set was balanced.

Isn't 20% still better than WotC? Or at least as good?