RegisterDonateLogin

For my ally is Bloo Milk. And a powerful ally it is.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-set 11 What SA/FP do you want to see? Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2015 8:25:43 AM
Groups: Member

Echo24 wrote:
jak wrote:
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but a Republic Threepio may be nice.

Holy crap, not only is it kind of amazing that this doesn't exist, but I've never even thought about it or seen it suggested before. Why don't we have a Republic Threepio???

Yeah definite third this.

Even something new like:

Diplomat (If an attacker has line of sight to any enemies without Diplomat, this character is not a legal target and does not count as the nearest enemy, even if adjacent)
Distraction (Suppresses adjacent enemy commander effects)
Protocol Droid (This character and adjacent allied characters count as fringe characters for the purpose of special abilities and commander effects.)

Also I would like to see more Nightsisters, just watched that arc of the clone wars again with the wife and was thinking how cool a Mother Talzin with force shields, chain lighting and giving Asajj/Savage dark armour and double would be. Also Nightsister hunters and of course the night brothers.
theConsortium
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2015 10:00:17 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Echo24 wrote:
jak wrote:
Don't know if it's been mentioned, but a Republic Threepio may be nice.

Holy crap, not only is it kind of amazing that this doesn't exist, but I've never even thought about it or seen it suggested before. Why don't we have a Republic Threepio???

Yeah definite third this.

Even something new like:

Diplomat (If an attacker has line of sight to any enemies without Diplomat, this character is not a legal target and does not count as the nearest enemy, even if adjacent)
Distraction (Suppresses adjacent enemy commander effects)
Protocol Droid (This character and adjacent allied characters count as fringe characters for the purpose of special abilities and commander effects.)

Also I would like to see more Nightsisters, just watched that arc of the clone wars again with the wife and was thinking how cool a Mother Talzin with force shields, chain lighting and giving Asajj/Savage dark armour and double would be. Also Nightsister hunters and of course the night brothers.

Adding C-3PO to the Republic sounds like a commendable idea to me, especially on account of his complete absence in the WotC and V-Set lines (I too must admit that it never occurred to me until reading these posts). In any case, it's an excellent idea, and I for one am willing to vouch for it.

I agree General, Mother Talzin would also be a worthy inclusion to the game. I recall reading the Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir comic by Dark Horse some time ago, and Talzin held a rather pivotal role in the story itself, at least in her relationship to Sidious and Maul (General Grievous also appeared in that comic, although that's beside the point). Perhaps a Rapport with Maul or Ventress wouldn't be out of the question?
juice man
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2015 5:28:41 PM

Yeah, that's a puzzler. (3-PO)
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2015 5:46:12 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm quite sure a Rep 3-PO has been suggested in the past.

I agree, it's a puzzler as to why we don't have one yet.

Maybe it's because he is the 2nd most annoying SW character next to Jar Jar? Razz

obiwan1knight
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2015 5:54:28 PM

+1 to a republic 3-PO. That is all.
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2015 5:57:20 PM

Republic C-3PO? Which one?

Proto-C-3PO: "My parts are showing? Oh, my goodness, oh!"

Battle-C-3PO: "DIE, Jedi dogs. Oh... what did I say?"

or...
Midwife-C-3PO: "My lady, is there anything I might do?
Padmé: "No, thank you, 3P0."
C-3PO: [walking away] "I feel so helpless."
Sthlrd2
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2015 6:17:56 PM

swinefeld wrote:
I'm quite sure a Rep 3-PO has been suggested in the past.

I agree, it's a puzzler as to why we don't have one yet.

Maybe it's because he is the 2nd most annoying SW character next to Jar Jar? Razz

I've suggested it a while back but no one seemed to notice or give it much thought.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2015 11:35:12 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:
Hey, I just realized... don't we still need ... a useful Saesee Tiin?

This might sorta happen sooner. Tangentially.

General_Grievous wrote:

We already have the Nightsister Mother, which is basically the NU version of Mother Talzin. Not to say we couldn't do her as well at some point.

As for Nightsister Hunters - hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately we will not be getting Nightsister Hunters in vset 11. Wink
juice man
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 6:03:19 AM

DarkDracul wrote:
Republic C-3PO? Which one?

Proto-C-3PO: "My parts are showing? Oh, my goodness, oh!"

Battle-C-3PO: "DIE, Jedi dogs. Oh... what did I say?"
These two, with Battle C-3PO having affinity for Seps.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/19421/c3po-battle-droid
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 6:06:26 AM

Just a c-3po with Battle Droid stats and draw fire with 30hp would be awesome in the republic. A cheap piece to take a shot for someone and combine fire!
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 6:28:18 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
CorellianComedian wrote:
Hey, I just realized... don't we still need ... a useful Saesee Tiin?

This might sorta happen sooner. Tangentially.

General_Grievous wrote:

We already have the Nightsister Mother, which is basically the NU version of Mother Talzin. Not to say we couldn't do her as well at some point.

As for Nightsister Hunters - hate to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately we will not be getting Nightsister Hunters in vset 11. Wink

Haha well I had to ask. And the way I see it, there are many different Nightsister mothers from clone wars games to the show to the books. I feel she is unique enough to warrant her own piece.
Also Consortium that comic is amazing, my favourite one and it's too bad it didn't make it into the final season (darn disney!) but I would love to recreate the five way duel with Grievous, Dooku and Sideous versus Maul and Talzin.
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 11:02:58 AM

Also would be cool to see another Revan from the Old Republic game.

Three ideas here:

Revan, Master of the Foundry (boost for HK and extermination droids)
Dark Revan, Master of the Revanites
Revan, Force Spirit (can be in a squad with a character named Dark Revan)

But there is a whole sub faction waiting to happen there, after Lost Tribe of the Sith of course.

Oh and just watched the Mortis arc again. How cool would a fringe Father, Son and Daughter be? All totalling to 200 points and allowing each other to activate again.
jak
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 11:54:12 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:

Wait a minute! Has the set list even been set for set 11?
How do you know we won't get a night sister hunter!?
Unless..................Blink
pegolego
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2015 12:46:44 PM

jak wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

How do you know we won't get a night sister hunter!?
Unless..................Blink

Unless indeed... Smile
Sthlrd2
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 10:12:30 PM

jak wrote:

Lol. You called it right when I was going to say this thread should change to what SA/FP do you want to see.BigGrin jak, you seem to be ahead of the game,Confused uhh the game must really be dying if I said thatFlapper
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 12:25:54 PM

Some FPs/SAs I would like to see:

Special Abilites:

Prideful (While this character has a higher printed cost than any other character in your squad, Separatist allies whose name contains battle droid with a Damage value greater than 0 get +4 Attack and +10 Damage until this character is defeated)
Tactician +8
[on a cheaper General Grievous, Tactician piece]

Firefighter (characters within 3 squares cannot be affected by abilities whose name contain flamethrower or burning. Characters within 3 squares that are burning immediately lose burning.
[good for a generic Coruscant firefighter or a battle droid/clone trooper fire fighter from the clone wars)

Jedi Trainer (At the start of the skirmish, choose an allied character with a Force rating. That ally gains 1 Force point and Shien Style.) generic light side OR/R/NR Trainer. As well as a Sith Kas'im piece.

Immediate Force Reserves 30 (If you roll exactly 5, 10, 15, or 20 for initiative, you can add up to 30 points of non-Unique characters with a Force rating from any faction to your squad, adjacent to this character, immediately before your first activation of the round.)
Rival (This character cannot be in a squad that contains any other Unique characters.)
Force Bond (Non-Unique allies with a Force rating gain Savage and Protective +10 (+10 Damage while a wounded ally whose name contains Abeloth is within 6 squares))
[all for Abeloth Epic, BHC or unique 200 point scenario piece)

YVH Upgrades (Droid characters whose name contain YVH gain Heretic Droid (Enemy Yuuzhan Vong Characters within 12 squares gain Droid Fanaticism (At the start of this character's turn, if a nonliving enemy with a printed Damage rating of 10 or more is within 12 squares, this character gains Savage until the end of the turn).)
YVH Reinforcements 30 (During setup, after seeing your opponent's squad, you can add up to 30 points of Fringe characters whose name contains YVH to your squad.)
New War, Same Weapons (Droid characters in your squad whose name contain YVH gain Killik Hunter (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against Killik enemies).)
[Lando Calrissian, War Profiteer]

Bribery (During setup, after seeing your opponent’s squad, you may add up to 10 points of Fringe characters to your squad. After setup, you may choose to select up to 10 points of your opponent's characters brought in through reinforcements instead of your original selection. These characters join your squad for the rest of the skirmish, and set up in your starting area. Living characters brought in through this ability gain Mandalorian.)
[on a cheap Mandalorian Almec piece)

Dark Inspiration (At the start of the skirmish, choose an allied character with a Force rating. For the rest of the skirmish, that character gains Ajunta Pall's Blade (+10 Damage to 1 adjacent target; this counts as a melee attack. A character hit by this attack is now burning. Each time a burning character activates, it must attempt a save of 11. On a failure, that character takes 10 damage. On a success, that character is no longer burning.))
[on Ajunta Pall, Dark Spirit]

Cloaking Modifications (At the start of the skirmish, choose an allied character with mounted weapon. For the rest of the skirmish, that character gains Cloaked)
[Darth Tenebrous]

Coordinated Command (Allied Separatist commanders
[Po Nudo]

Probe Killer Swarm (Replaces turn: all enemy characters within 6 squares take 10 damage, save 11. This ability is also triggered when this character is defeated.)
[Sep Assassin Probe]

FPs

Embrace the Void (Force 2; usable on this characters turn, this character gains the following force ability. Living enemy characters within 12 squares gain savage until this character's next turn, they may choose to avoid this effect with a save of 11, if they fail this save they join this character's squad until the end of the round)
(Odion)

Force Flash (Force 1, usable only on this character's turn: For the rest of the round, this character gains the following Force ability: this character cannot be targeted by non-living characters within 6 squares. Living characters within 6 squares have -4 Attack.)
Blood Trail (force 1; usable only on this character's turn: Choose a target enemy within 6 squares. For the rest of the round, allied characters ignore cover when targeting that enemy.)
[BHC Jacen/Cadeus, New Luke/Ben from Legacy era, and Nightsister)
jak
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 2:17:43 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
For the love of the Force, make Shaak Ti, Jedi Master and Maris Brood playable!

Maris Brood on Bull Rancor that transfers an ability to dismounted version of her

+1
jak
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 2:25:59 PM

A question
Please.....who are the designers for Set 11?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 2:34:34 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sthlrd2, The_Celestial_Warrior, Lou, FlyingArrow
obiwan1knight
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 7:06:20 PM

One SA that I really liked from the LEGENDS custom sets is the Pawn ability.

Pawn (Counts as a non-unique for purposes of allied force powers which effect non unique characters)

I think this ability given to the right sith character could make Sidious Sith Master pretty good.