RegisterDonateLogin

Comes with a trial size packet of "Bloo-B-Gone" teeth whitener.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Other SWM 2015 GenCon Results? Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2015 2:46:50 AM
Groups: Member

How did the 200pt Mystery Map tourney go? How about the 500pt Epic tourney? What happened to the Bounty Hunter Challenge format? That was super cool, especially with the release of awesome 100pt minis! Definitely another fav event of mine. Isee that there is a 100pt championship on Sat. Is there no 150pt championship? How about 150pt V-set only events? How about the "Jedi Challenge" series? No Epic Duos or Dynamic Duo formats anymore? How about a "Fantastic 4" event?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2015 6:31:19 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

We eliminated most of the tourney formats in the last couple of years due to poor attendance. Bounty Hunter challenge was discontinued for cost reasons.
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2015 6:36:08 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
We eliminated most of the tourney formats in the last couple of years due to poor attendance. Bounty Hunter challenge was discontinued for cost reasons.

Ah lame! Well can you post the rules for bounty hunter challenge? And heck the others too if you have them. (And will there still be BHC pieces? They are some of the favourite up here) and what is Jedi challenge?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2015 8:52:22 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
[quote=UrbanShmi]We eliminated most of the tourney formats in the last couple of years due to poor attendance. Bounty Hunter challenge was discontinued for cost reasons.

Ah lame! Well can you post the rules for bounty hunter challenge? And heck the others too if you have them. (And will there still be BHC pieces? They are some of the favourite up here) and what is Jedi challenge?[/]

Nope, no new pieces.

Jedi Challenge was traditionally a 100, 150, and 200 in the same day. We don't do it anymore because people stopped buying tickets. Plus, people really lice the casual events, and this way we get to run a greater variety.
AndyHatton
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2015 9:26:47 AM

I'm very disappointed there won't be any more BHC pieces, they are among my favorite.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2015 9:52:26 AM

Jak just won tile Wars. I was 2nd with Ommin/Dance of Death.
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2015 10:47:29 AM

AndyHatton wrote:
I'm very disappointed there won't be any more BHC pieces, they are among my favorite.

Agreed they are awesome and the closest we have to epics for legal play
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2015 8:15:26 PM

Tint, myself, and Hinkbert won the Royal Rumble. Bryan won the 100pt tournament. And Bryan, TJ, and I won the team event.
DarkDracul
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2015 11:47:30 PM

A special thanks to the Best Team Ever for my second team tourney win. Mando, Vong, and Imperials; crushing dreams and taking names...ThumbsUp
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2015 7:27:59 AM

DarkDracul wrote:
A special thanks to the Best Team Ever for my second team tourney win. Mando, Vong, and Imperials; crushing dreams and taking names...ThumbsUp

Pshhh, I smoked that team in my game. ;)
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2015 10:01:37 AM

Had a great time last night, Team Chicken Limo still rock and almost took the win home.

Great to see everyone, thoroughly enjoyed my matches with Bill and Deri!
jak
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2015 6:02:13 PM

Juice man (Joe) won epic 500

Lou won mystery(R-tarded) map, I took 2ndCool ( the last mystery map event in GC history.
wait till you see the map we had to play onThumbDown Cursing Angry

Deri won sealed, he was the one who pulled Obi/Ani, so auto champ in that format this year.
whoever pulled Obi/Ani wins.
jak
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2015 6:04:57 PM

DarthMaim wrote:
How did the 200pt Mystery Map tourney go? How about the 500pt Epic tourney? What happened to the Bounty Hunter Challenge format? That was super cool, especially with the release of awesome 100pt minis! Definitely another fav event of mine. Isee that there is a 100pt championship on Sat. Is there no 150pt championship? How about 150pt V-set only events? How about the "Jedi Challenge" series? No Epic Duos or Dynamic Duo formats anymore? How about a "Fantastic 4" event?

little late to request GenCon events after the Con startedBlink
Sthlrd2
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2015 7:14:16 PM

jak wrote:

Deri won sealed, he was the one who pulled Obi/Ani, so auto champ in that format this year.

Maybe Deri was the winner in standings, but whoever pulled Khalee Lah were the real winners. That was the best custom there right??? *Hint* (I did that one, so the correct answer is yes.)
DarkDracul
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2015 10:00:01 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:

Pshhh, I smoked that team in my game. ;)

Perhaps you should just play with yourself Tim...lol
DarkDracul
Posted: Sunday, August 2, 2015 10:53:55 PM

jak wrote:

I had a great shot at beating it in the final. I pulled many of the v-set 10 pilots and the Gloomwalker infiltrator and they are money. I was easily destroying my opponents just as Deri did. I was dealing out 100 damage in one phase with the Mando squad leader and Mando pilot. (accurate shooters) Kell and Wraith grenader self destructed 50 damage on Obi-Kin. At the end game Obi-Kin only had 50hp remaining. A few more sucessful attack rolls by me and a couple of failed saves by Deri would have done it.

Obi-Kin is obviously overpowered in sealed. However, what I pulled could beat it. I'm confident I would have killed Obi-Kin in the hands of most players. Obi-Kin being ran by Deri, one of the best players in the game... not so much.
It was a hard fought game and came down to the wire.
So congrats to Deri on the win!

Darth_Jim
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2015 8:56:01 AM

I was 3rd in Mystery Map at 3-1 and would just like to say that while Jak is right that the map was terrible for the format, in fairness to Chris he didn't design it with that in mind. They are fun scenario maps or RPG, beautifully done but definately not for competitive play. It worked for my squad, though. I ran Caedus/Celeste/Embo and slaved Embo...he was all over that second map. I think Joe hates Embo as much as I hate Vong lol.
juice man
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2015 9:54:43 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:
I was 3rd in Mystery Map at 3-1 and would just like to say that while Jak is right that the map was terrible for the format, in fairness to Chris he didn't design it with that in mind. They are fun scenario maps or RPG, beautifully done but definately not for competitive play. It worked for my squad, though. I ran Caedus/Celeste/Embo and slaved Embo...he was all over that second map. I think Joe hates Embo as much as I hate Vong lol.
You bet your sweet bippy I do.Cursing
juice man
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2015 10:01:13 AM

jak wrote:
If I won map roll, I would have had a way better chance. Think he still would have won, but I could have shot many more times. (Stupid Rhen Var Citadel.)Crying
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2015 3:29:28 AM

Any chance we could get some play reports from "Juice Man for 500 Epic Tourney" and "Lou from the 200 Mystery" and from whoever won the "100 pt championship"? Or maybe just a little of the details of these tourneys? ie; # of participants, winning squad factions and list what minis they had on their winning teams? Thanks :)