RegisterDonateLogin

Otoh Gunga style

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Rolling Mini of the Day (Urai Fen) Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 8:11:58 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I think part of it is that she hides in the back for most of the skirmish. By the time she comes out, there's no more fodder to attack and she always needs 12s or more to hit anything.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2016 9:10:25 PM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
I think part of it is that she hides in the back for most of the skirmish. By the time she comes out, there's no more fodder to attack and she always needs 12s or more to hit anything.

That makes sense, but you'd think she'd manage to hit Bane more than once out of every 4 or 5 tries Flapper
fingersandteeth
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:14:22 PM

Leia's got some great tricks and is what i would consider a great support jedi and its all about how you position her. You don't want her sitting on the back lines and you don't want her picked off so she's kind of a half way commander. You really need to get more out of her than her CE.

I had a lot of fun playing her with the new NR han, Chewie, Ganner and Wedge last Chi town regional. With some decent positioning and a mouse or two you can make it hard for her to get picked off and the double evade save is great for getting the edge in shooting matches. force sense comes in real handy with so many stealthy shooters about.

she isn't much of an attacker but her throw gives her good range and as a result can get involved clearing fodder or minor threats. This is one reason i like keeping her near the action, its a nice 12 square pseudo assault she has.

Force Absorb is her ace in the hole against big force users. While she'll only be good at slowing big beats down, having her base someone to absorb a defensive force power out of her turn can lead to Han or one of your other bigger beats laying the smack down where they might normally struggle to make a dent.

It might seem she'll losing favor with all the range hate coming but her CE will be great for followers with parry, block or djem so and with less range threats she can stay closer to the action for some cheeky throws.

She's a solid 8-9 in my opinion. Needs the right support and meta but she's a sweet package and one I always try and consider because that CE is money.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:18:33 PM

Tim used Force Absorb against me to prevent Vergere's Force Spirit in NZ Vassal last year.
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 3:27:49 PM

Looks like I went a bit low on her. Happy to go to an 8, does anyone want to argue in favour of a 9?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 1:01:10 PM

8 works for me.
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2016 1:57:43 PM

Yeah, Deri played her perfectly against me at Chicago last year, and as luck would have it, I never dropped in adjacent to her as I completely forgot about absorb and would have gotten Krayt stuck (and probably killed) if it had happened.
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2016 7:34:04 PM

Nightsister Hunter, from Evasive Action

Quote:
25 points, Fringe
Hit Points: 60
Defense: 17
Attack: 8
Damage: 10

Special Abilities
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, she makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Accurate Shot (Can attack an enemy with cover even if it's not the nearest enemy)
Bloodthirsty (+10 Damage on melee attacks against enemies at half Hit Points or less)
Bludgeon (Attacks against adjacent enemies count as melee attacks. Medium or smaller adjacent living enemies hit by this character's attack are considered activated this round; save 6.)
Bounty Hunter +4 (+4 Attack against Unique enemies)
Deadeye (On this character's turn, if she doesn't move, she gets +10 Damage)
Plasma Bolt -4 (Enemies get -4 to saves to prevent damage from this character's attacks)
Stealth (If this character has cover, she does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)

Force Powers
Force 3
Burst Lightning (Force 1, usable only on this character's turn: range 6; 10 damage)

It's difficult to gauge the Nightsister Hunter, since she's from a recent set, but she seems like one of the strongest non-uniques in her price range. As a Fringe piece with Stealth, she's open to a vast array of synergies - she can pick up Superstealth, join the Black Sun, and pick up strong CEs from pieces like Jabba Crime Lord, Mitt'Thrawn, and Talon Karrde. Apart from Stealth, she doesn't have much defense - she's pretty fragile for her cost with just 60 hit points. But she has a vast array of offensive tricks - she can melee attack adjacent (handy with all the Shien Style floating around), she has Burst Lightning so she can kill an extra piece of fodder on her turn, and she has twin and Accurate Shot. She also has Deadeye, which encourages her to sit still, and plasma bolt to help her attacks get through. There's plenty to like on her, and I expect to see her on competitive tables, 9/10.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 1:56:15 PM

Dark Side Marauder, from Universe

Quote:
22 points, Imperial
Hit Points: 90
Defense: 18
Attack: 10
Damage: 20

Special Abilities
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies)

Force Powers
Force 2
Sith Rage (Force 1: +10 Damage on all attacks this turn)

The Dark Side Marauder has some pretty good stats and hit points for a 22 point piece, even by modern standards, but even so it's prohibitively expensive for a single attack melee piece. You could give it Twin, or make it non-melee, and even then it would only be barely playable, 2/10.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:55:15 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Nightsister Hunter, from Evasive Action

Quote:
25 points, Fringe
Hit Points: 60
Defense: 17
Attack: 8

Special Abilities
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, she makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Accurate Shot (Can attack an enemy with cover even if it's not the nearest enemy)
Bloodthirsty (+10 Damage on melee attacks against enemies at half Hit Points or less)
Bludgeon (Attacks against adjacent enemies count as melee attacks. Medium or smaller adjacent living enemies hit by this character's attack are considered activated this round; save 6.)
Bounty Hunter +4 (+4 Attack against Unique enemies)
Deadeye (On this character's turn, if she doesn't move, she gets +10 Damage)
Plasma Bolt -4 (Enemies get -4 to saves to prevent damage from this character's attacks)
Stealth (If this character has cover, she does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets)

Force Powers
Force 3
Burst Lightning (Force 1, usable only on this character's turn: range 6; 10 damage)

It's difficult to gauge the Nightsister Hunter, since she's from a recent set, but she seems like one of the strongest non-uniques in her price range. As a Fringe piece with Stealth, she's open to a vast array of synergies - she can pick up Superstealth, join the Black Sun, and pick up strong CEs from pieces like Jabba Crime Lord, Mitt'Thrawn, and Talon Karrde. Apart from Stealth, she doesn't have much defense - she's pretty fragile for her cost with just 60 hit points. But she has a vast array of offensive tricks - she can melee attack adjacent (handy with all the Shien Style floating around), she has Burst Lightning so she can kill an extra piece of fodder on her turn, and she has twin and Accurate Shot. She also has Deadeye, which encourages her to sit still, and plasma bolt to help her attacks get through. There's plenty to like on her, and I expect to see her on competitive tables, 9/10.

Glad you like her. She was actually toned down considerably before release. I'd venture to call her an 8, but it's too early to really tell.

TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:44:35 PM

Yoda, Force Spirit, from Masters of the Force

Quote:
20 points, Rebel

Hit Points: --
Defense: --
Attack: --
Damage: --

Special Abilities
Unique
Speed 4 (Can move only 4 squares and attack, or 8 squares without attacking)
Affinity (May be in a New Republic squad)
Light Spirit (Ignores characters and terrain. Cannot open doors. Cannot attack or be damaged, and does not count as a legal target, the nearest enemy, or adjacent. Not subject to commander effects. Does not provide cover. At the start of the skirmish, choose a Unique allied character with a Force rating. That ally gains Force Renewal 1 and Mettle while within 4 squares of this character. This character is defeated if the chosen ally is defeated. An enemy within 6 squares can spend 1 Force point to defeat this character; save 11. This effect replaces that enemy's attacks.)

Force Powers
Force 1
Force Renewal 1 (This character gets 1 Force point each time he activates)

Commander Effect
Characters in your squad within 6 squares with a Force rating can spend Yoda, Force Spirit's Force points. (A character still can't spend Force points more than once per turn and can't combine its own Force points with Yoda's.

Yoda is an interesting take on a force battery - he can give one piece Light Spirit, while the rest of his squad can share his force points via his CE. The Rebels already have a bunch of Force Batteries, so it feels difficult to play him there - you're almost always going to be better off with a simple force spirit like Obi or Anakin, or the full force battery in Yoda of Dagobah. While Yoda, Force Spirit is pitched between these two is cost and scope, he feels a little less cost efficient, and overpriced at 20 points. He does have more potential in New Republic - I could definitely see a squad where he haunts Kyp Durron and serves as a force battery for Jaden Korr. Yoda, Force Spirit does feel overpriced, but there are some New Republic builds where he has potential, 6/10.
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:48:43 PM

I think he could be pretty solid in a squad with the new Son of Skywalker.

TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 2:08:07 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
I think he could be pretty solid in a squad with the new Son of Skywalker.

Five point rapport, right? I didn't really think about him, since he's not quite released yet.
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2016 2:52:39 PM

Yep, and maybe haunts someone else so just the relay orders have to keep up?

Leia with extra force for surprise attacks is really good.

TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 11:07:17 PM

Bith Rebel, from Universe

Quote:
5 points, Rebel
Hit Points: 10
Defense: 13
Attack: 3

Special Abilities
Micro-Vision (+4 Attack against targets within 6 squares)

Rebel Rebel, your head is too big
Rebel Rebel, you lost your wig
Rebel Rebel, your survivability is so low
Bad piece, I loathe you so.

1/10.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2016 12:11:56 AM

TheHutts wrote:
Bith Rebel, from Universe

Quote:
5 points, Rebel
Hit Points: 10
Defense: 13
Attack: 3

Special Abilities
Micro-Vision (+4 Attack against targets within 6 squares)

Rebel Rebel, your head is too big
Rebel Rebel, you lost your wig
Rebel Rebel, your survivability is so low
Bad piece, I loathe you so.

1/10.

RIP Bowie

FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2016 12:46:26 PM

He's only bad because he has no support whatsoever.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2016 12:54:41 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:

Yes, but can you express that in adapted Bowie lyrics? He's strictly worse than a Tantive IV Trooper, right?
Weeks
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2016 8:22:53 PM

TheHutts wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Yes, but can you express that in adapted Bowie lyrics? He's strictly worse than a Tantive IV Trooper, right?

He's crap
Put him back in your box he's crap
he's crap
You should not play him in your squads

If you say 1, I'll agree with you
If you say why, that's why
Because my use for you would break my squad in two
If you should walk into my squad
tremble like a jawa
Jakster
Posted: Friday, February 5, 2016 11:05:55 PM

Weeks wrote:
TheHutts wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

He's crap
Put him back in your box he's crap
he's crap
You should not play him in your squads

If you say 1, I'll agree with you
If you say why, that's why
Because my use for you would break my squad in two
If you should walk into my squad
tremble like a jawa

He says: Oh Baby, just you shut your mouth.
I give you microvision, I give you milk of bloo...