Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 7:31:03 AM
Groups: Member

1st: Caedus
2nd: Donny
3rd: Naarkon
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 4:29:47 PM

Let me preface this by saying a lot of the books/comics many of these came out in were years ago and I haven’t read them since they came out; I read up on them in Wook but you can only get so much from that source compared to reading the original story and getting the “Feel” of the character ….

Jak: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25468/githany
I like the character of Githany, basically a greedy, powerhungry b!itch. Betrayal/Distraction fit very nicely and while Kiss of Death sounds right, I’m not sure how I feel about its execution as such; Donny was right, 50 was too much, but it still doesn’t feel quite right. That and I don’t remember her being That powerful with the force; more of low knight level, not at a Masters level … could be wrong Cool

donnyrides: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25403/kasim--sith-blademaster
The main thing that bugs me about this piece is that while the Mastery styles speak Blademaster, nothing else does, and I have a bug about gifting abilities the character doesn’t have himself (Parry.) Addind Lightsaber Duelist, Precision, Riposte, Defense, etc. would’ve made him more Blademaster-ish is what I’m trying to say; maybe an “apprentice” gaining something powerful/specific.

>Jase<: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25472/yuthara-ban Ban was an instructor at the Sith Academy; not very instructor-ish, maybe a Dark Tutor or a CE granting something. I can say I never played the game, but I don’t remember her utilizing Poison; also Donny’s right, she was more of a 2nd string character and upper 40’s is too much for her.

Spryguy1981: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25476/darth-angral--sith-lord
I like the Lightning Shield idea, but was it as powerful as Force Shield? Shields 1 instead? I would’ve personally used Force Whirlwind from his Wook description instead of Rage. Nice character otherwise ….

CorellianComedian: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25478/lord-adraas
I agree with Naarkon, the Rivalry SA is a little confusing, although I also agree that the CE is interesting; my major gripe would be his cost; his base stats + SA's alone make him 37, with his FP's + CE he's closer to 55, which for his character would be ok considering how powerful he was.

Lafcadio: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25481/darth-gean
Regarding your question on price, I'd have said 47, but anything within 5 can be quibbled endlessly so close enough. I guess my only concern is there's so little known about her that its entirely extrapolation; the Ferocious bit has been dissected so on to other things; Very few characters have ever started with Force 5 which bugs me, and Wook says "powerful enough to break through her Master's Force barriers" is the only clue to her abilities, other than surviving Gravid's attacks. You didn't address either very well so not sure what to make of it.

I'm long winded, lets get to the point ......

3rd Place Caedus: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25479/darth-tenebrous

Very Difficult character to attempt; not sure how I'd approach him at all; he'd sit on my back-burner for a year or more. Kudos for even trying. My calc on the cost is like 76 so Bravo for erring on the overpriced side when unsure. My only gripe might be Master Duelist (and handing it out in a CE) because I think its too much. Lighsaber Duelist is +4 and you jumped to +8; maybe a +6 against enemies without Duelist of some type to show his superiority compared to them?

2nd Place CerousMutor: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/9225/saes-rrogon

I remember liking the books very much; like the tie-in to the Lignon ore. I costed him at 61 and he seems a pretty close approximation to the character in general. High Fives brother.

1st Place Naarkon: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25480/darth-ruin

CC and Donny got it right. You came up with an excellant variety of SA's to show his ultimetly doomed ideas of uniting and instead creating havoc, or Ruin to the Sith. Anarchist, Betrayal & Force Bond tie Dark Temptaion in nicely; other than wanting to create a "scholarly" SA (I'm a stickler for the Holy Wook) I couldn't have done any better. Bravo
CorellianComedian
Posted: Saturday, May 21, 2016 6:26:16 PM

Analysis may come later, for now, just my top three:

3rd Place: Darth Angral, Sith Lord by spryguy 1981: I like how self-contained he is. Lightning Shield gives him solid defense, Lightning 2 is a good direct damage option, and Throw gives him a good ranged attack. Perhaps most importantly, he does the Twin/Flurry combo correctly - Flurry alone is hard to do correctly; I find it utterly useless without other abilities boosting it, but Twin/Flurry/Deadly is a nice balance for his cost - sometimes he'll get a crit and pull an extra 80 damage, but it's no worse than the potential for Boba BH to disintegrate something.

2nd Place: Darth Ruin by Naarkon: Looks like a lot of fun to play. I think I'd have a blast just chucking some Dark Jedi at my opponent whether or not I end up winning. Anarchist + Dark Temptation is a great combo thematically, and Charisma (which seems to have been updated since I read it last?), Stealth, and Lightsaber Block give him some nice survivability.

1st Place: Kas'im, Sith Blademaster by donnyrides: spectacular piece. He packs some powerful abilities, but isn't overdone. I love seeing SSM not being overdone on a piece. His Force powers are good, and he's just a well-rounded beatstick that can jump in and bring on the hurt without putting too big a hole in the budget.
CerousMutor
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 3:04:19 AM

1. Caedus
Darth T! Beastly piece, makes me think Plagiues needs a make over!

2. Surf
Love this idea, a nice thinking piece. Played well could be very nasty.

3. Donny
Kasim, strong combatant with great support!

Really tough choices as everyone tried to bring something new.
Really liked this one!

Solid props to Adraas and Angral!! Theyd get votes if I could.
Caedus
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 4:22:50 AM

3rd Place CC Really like the piece. I see what you're trying with the rivalry. The only thing I have on this is that your CE makes you CE reliant and I feel that Bastila and suppression pieces could hurt.

2nd Place Surf This piece is amazing and the only thing keeping this from first is that high-powered shooters, namely BFAH, could end him in one turn. Other than that, he is pretty sweet.

1st Place Naarkon Just an overall sound piece that really captures his character. Excellent job sir!
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 5:31:49 AM

1st Spryguy Darth Angral, Sith Lord
These are my favorite kinds of pieces. Nice and tidy. The objective was clear on this piece, make a beat stick that wasn’t too out of control. Deadly attack and Flurry attack with twin is delicious. Then throwing in LS throw so we get all that goodness from range. I love it. But the best part was the Unique ability, "Lightning Shield". All Jedi and Sith before a fight would put up a form of force barrier around them to protect them from force attacks. This ability replicates that and takes it a step further to relate to being used in a game. My personal build style and judging style incorporates how the piece will interact with other pieces that already exist. This piece would work very well with the standard DWIII/Darth Bandon combo. Great work.

2nd Naarkon Darth Ruin
The mix of abilities is really nice. Cunning with Temptation is great especially without twin, just double. And the hand outs to both "Dark Jedi" and pieces whose name contains "Dark Jedi" make old pieces new again. Nice work.

3rd CC Lord Adraas
The CE alone makes this a no brainer for me. shutting down an enemy CE is sweet magic. The minmaxing in this game has gotten out of hand and this is a great piece to bring CE dependent squads to their knees. Imagine Vong without board-wide bugs or Evade. Imagine Imps without board-wide swap. Best of all, imagine not having to use Bastilla to accomplish this. Stats are great and the cost doesn't break the bank. well done.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 6:08:35 AM

Naarkon has the lead, but with Jak's, Jase's, & Laf's votes still out there, Donny, Caedus & Spry still have a shot ....
Naarkon
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 7:13:08 AM

I skimmed Wook entries on the characters, but since I'm not too familiar with any of them, I didn't primarily look at thematic stuff.

1st - Lafcadio with Darth Gean
Like I said in my comment earlier, conditional force renewal is a really nice touch.

2nd - Caedus with Darth Tenebrous
I really like the combo of master duelist and telekinesis.

3rd - Jak with Githany
Some really nice abilities make this a really solid but fun piece.
Lafcadio
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 7:19:19 AM

Good job guys!
Sorry, I don't have enough brain-power to deeply analyze each one of these...

I'm not familiar with the backstory of any of these pieces, so I'm probably not able to fully appreciate how well your pieces' SAs etc fit them. Sorry.

My votes are:

3rd (1pt): spryguy1981
2nd (2pts): >Jase<
1st (3pts): donnyrides

Good job all!
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 7:36:04 AM

....shows how bored I am watching kids write essays .....

With only Jak & Jase left to vote ....

Naarkon 11pts

Donny & Caedus 9pts

Spry 7pts

Looks close guys (and feel free, I'm a history guy, so check my math Blink
jak
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 12:47:05 PM

1-Lafcadio
2-Naarkon
3-Caedus
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 11:24:14 AM

We seem to have reached a standstill. Anybody know Jase? What should we do gentlemen?
jak
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:33:29 PM

deadline is a deadline, if one of us misses it, our votes do not countSmile
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 3:25:07 PM

jak wrote:

Well, a couples of hours is one thing (life) but a day, I agree with Jak; if everyone else is ok with it, shall we declare Naarkon the winner and move on?
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 4:11:58 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
jak wrote:

Well, a couples of hours is one thing (life) but a day, I agree with Jak; if everyone else is ok with it, shall we declare Naarkon the winner and move on?

+1
Lafcadio
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 5:44:28 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
jak wrote:

I think that seems reasonable.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:36:46 PM

Ditto to that.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2016 6:56:38 PM

Well, 5 of us say yes, so if somebody see's Naark lets get the next one up.