RegisterDonateLogin

+1 on the GTL.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 6 Sith Options
jak
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 8:03:15 AM
Groups: Member

design aNew Sith that hasn't been made by WotC or Vsets.
They must have a totally unique SA, FP, or CE(you make it up)

Let' start next week with this oneCool

NEW RULES
1. The character must be canon and from the chosen faction. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction. EDIT: Since Canon is all screwed up, just a known character is fine.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. you may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline (from Tuesday-Thursday you may get advice and change your character accordingly) Friday at midnight [US central -600] before any votes are cast is the deadline.

The schedule will be like this: Monday the winner of last weeks CCC will announce his/her choice for the character (including the faction), from Tuesday till Friday characters can be created/updated but on Friday you must have picked one character to submit. Then voting will be held on Saturday, Sunday and Monday until noon [US central -600]. Monday night the winner will be announced and the next character picked.
jak
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 8:07:30 AM

donnyrides
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 10:03:40 AM

Here is my entry

Kas'im, Sith Blademaster
>Jase<
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 11:24:42 AM

Shaddai
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 1:05:49 PM

Not legal for the contest, I created him for my home campaign. I figured this thread might be appropriate for some feedback.

Technically this character is new since this version debuted after WotC lost the license. :-)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25463/darth-bane--the-conquerer
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 1:31:47 PM

Shaddai wrote:
Not legal for the contest, I created him for my home campaign. I figured this thread might be appropriate for some feedback.

Technically this character is new since this version debuted after WotC lost the license. :-)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25463/darth-bane--the-conquerer

Welcome,

That's VERY aggressively costed; Assuming you "Forgot" Renewal, your costs should be closer to 64 (Renewal 1) or 65 (Renewal 2.) Not sure I understand the CE if you're going by the "Rule of Two" because they went into hiding to lay low ......
Shaddai
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 1:46:41 PM

There is no Renewal. I did that as incentive to take a complimenting apprentice. His prime susceptibility is ranged, which dominates the game. So...

I originally had him at 48, not sure why I dropped him to 40... he was supposed to cost more than Nihl.

The old story is Legends. It's debatable if Bane went into hiding after making the rule. My guess is the open Sith lasted at least a few more generations after his establishment, probably longer.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 1:57:11 PM

Shaddai wrote:
There is no Renewal. I did that as incentive to take a complimenting apprentice. His prime susceptibility is ranged, which dominates the game. So...

The old story is Legends. It's debatable if Bane went into hiding after making the rule. My guess is the open Sith lasted at least a few more generations after his establishment, probably longer.

But I don't remember Bane ever being "helpless" in using the force, which is what he'd be pretty quickly with just 2 fp's and MOTF 2.
Shaddai
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 2:07:12 PM

Yeah, so I would suggest an apprentice with renewal for the both of them. I've noticed a cookie-cutter use of renewal recently, I'd be more inclined to raise his pool, kinda like the ol' Rebel Storm days. Keeps the number of powers down too. Comment noted, thank you for the suggestion.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 3:03:36 PM

Now that I am not spending a lot of time running the Imperial/Republic Campaign am I allowed to jump in on this?
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 5:12:44 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Now that I am not spending a lot of time running the Imperial/Republic Campaign am I allowed to jump in on this?

Come on down, you're the next contestant.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 7:02:17 PM

CorellianComedian
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2016 10:12:29 PM

Great choice Jak! I was at a loss for ideas until I remembered this guy:

I know it's a bit much. I might possibly drop Force-Attuned Armor. His CE and Rivalry are a bit over-the-top, but they're there so that he can be useful with Malgus even though they take up over half of your squad.

Adraas's CE reflects how he enjoyed hampering Malgus and then taunting him. You often won't use Malgus's CE, so Adraas can block his CE to shut down pretty much any important CE - Thrawn, GOWK, etc.

Rivalry boosts Malgus because he gets so annoyed with Adraas that he starts taking his anger out on his opponents. It also reflects how Malgus eventually got so fed up he killed Adraas.

I know his Force powers are very similar to Malgus, I was considering trading Force Lightning for either Sith Lightning 30 or Force Lightning 1, and/or switching Force Repulse 2 for Shockwave. Shockwave is really cool, but seems generally useless, even though it perfectly captures what he did in the "Deceived" trailer.

So, maybe by downgrading his Force powers and dropping Force-Attuned Armor, I could lower his cost. His CE is very powerful, but most of the time, if you have Sith commander, it's CE is often not used (new Caedus or Darth Malgus), or it's a cornerstone CE that you can't afford to suppress (new Revan, Lord Krayt). I also had Aggressive Negotiations on him at one point, but that's probably overkill and over-crowding.
Caedus
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 4:59:20 AM

Naarkon
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 5:35:15 AM

This is mine.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25480/darth-ruin

I threw this guy together quickly using my phone, so I didn't have time to check his cost, which is probably way off.
CerousMutor
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 7:22:42 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/9225/saes-rrogon

My entry, no real time to work on a new Sith so here is one of may early ones.
From the FREAKING AMAZING Crosscurrent novel Saes saved his entire ship, the Harbinger, after it got caught in a hyperspace accident that catapulted it through time from the Old Republic to the Legacy/FOTJ novel series.
Jedi/Sith Clones Thrawn secret experiments!
Amazing novel.
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 7:25:44 AM

Well, I gotta admit, I'm quite surprised at the choices everybody has made so far. Here I was contemplating a non-unique, no Force or low force grunt, going with my idea that the Sith had billions/trillions of people under their control.

I like Ruin but could never find a good pic (my limitation showing on what cards I make) so I made a "Phanius, Umbaran Jedi" as a pre-Ruin. I like Githany; I made a card for her 4-5 years ago and it makes me want to revisit mine (no Jak, I won't enter it BigGrin .)

What to do, what to do ..... Cool
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 7:26:55 AM

CerousMutor wrote:

From the FREAKING AMAZING Crosscurrent novel Saes saved his entire ship, the Harbinger, after it got caught in a hyperspace accident that catapulted it through time from the Old Republic to the Legacy/FOTJ novel series.
Amazing novel.

Yes, liked the character/novel too CM ThumpUp
CerousMutor
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 7:29:17 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
CerousMutor wrote:

Amazing novel.

Yes, liked the character/novel too CM ThumpUp

I thought he was the perfect way to help SMMs
Ether that or a non-unique commander, don't have the time though Angry
surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2016 7:31:28 AM

Did Jak mention a time frame for the contest? I suspect I'm running out of whatever time we have ......Mellow