RegisterDonateLogin

The Force is with Bloo Milk, but it is not a Jedi yet.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Why do you play SWM? Options
Echo24
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:24:06 PM
Groups: Member

Why do you play SWM? I don't mean "are you casual or competitive" or whatever, I mean what is fun about it for you? What specific feelings does it envoke that engage you?

I imagine most people appreciate the flavor of it being a Star Wars game, which is great and is an ok answer, but I'm more interested in the actual game mechanics that give you that ill-defined feeling of "fun".

I ask partially for my own understanding of how players of games in general think while I work on my own non-SWM game designs but also so that hopefully the active SWM designers can find common threads in replies to bring out and emphasize the core of what people find fun, engaging, and compelling about SWM. I'm also just plain interested in the answers. :)
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:37:31 PM

I think the biggest appeal of the game for me is the diversity - lots of different builds. Having said that, I do think we have had builds that have been too extreme. It doesn't work if it turns into rock, scissors, paper.

It's actually pretty fun playtesting. It's like you have a random piece, and have to try and make the best possible build out of it. It sometimes can result in lop-sided games though, which is obviously a byproduct of having diverse builds.

kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:54:16 PM

this is an awesome question,
and i look forward to reading what other folks have to say on it.
I am especially interested in your cryptic allusion to another game of some kind...
maybe it is for another scale of starship?

SWMinis has a lot going for it -
i seldom play 'competitive', though there are still those options available for a game thats been OOP since 10'/11'
there are 4 tournaments in the AUSNZ region, 2 in ACT being standouts, the SupaNova open being fun, as well as OZGenCon/FreeComicDayCup.
there are more in PNG, Malaysia, Thailand and Japan. It would be awesome to see more of a 'global cup' emerge in futures...

there's of course the regular games nights leagues,
and you just can't beat playing SWMinis with a beverage of your choosing
on a friday or saturday, with friends.
There's 200, 300, 'epic format' and 1000pt plus 'big leagues',
there's tile wars, campaigns from the books, campaigns, dynamic duos,
era-specific recreations,
and of course,
using the figures as a token for,
the SWRPG games BigGrin

you knew this was coming,
but... for me,
its collecting and seeing
the custom figures that people from anywhere around the world come up with.
pepakura, paper tokens, mixed media custom miniatures,
right through to
'custom once off production runs' and 3D printed awesome.
I am primarily about collecting and recreating, of the ways to play.
you can play the game very cheaply, for as little as $3USD (paper tokens etc),
or as much as you want to put into a game like this.

I digress horrendously though;
you ask, what about the game mechanics itself, keeps me coming back.

I have to agree with Surf, Ironlightsaber, Darth O and others;
'simplicity' usually, its a nice game thats quick to learn,
and is for all ages, 4 to 99 easily.
anyone can play, and its not as complicated as say...
Warhammer40K, DUST, WeirdWars,
yet more sophisticated than
GOBS, Superheroes of the Unknown etc.
Melee is for things directly adj,
unless otherwise specified, a non-melee attack is, wherever you can draw a line to! BigGrin
that is nice and easy, no log tables or ranges to remember.

every turn start, init. checks are like flipping a coin to see who will move in
all the subsequent rounds of that turn,
and this adds nice stochastic chance to the game.
many a game has looked like I might lose, and then BAM! I get init next turn,
and reserves, and opportunist mean I'm right back in the game.
it comes down to a close battle.
by the same token, a purely-chance game might as well be dice poker or yahtzee.

I gripe about fibonacci turn biases, certain hobsons choice autoincludes,
certain abusive combos...
yet, its the ability to be able to recreate at scale,
various engagements from the movies and books,
easily on the table.
I want to run a what-if? done.
I want to play that battle from AotC or ESB? done.
it can handle 2 characters a side, to 2000 a side, relatively easily.

Its about, being able to have pincer moves and strategies,
instead of 'chess+" where, you just march your minis from one end to the other.
even in W40K, it tends to be chess + and chariots where fast movers come on strafing runs,
or overpowered demons rip your squad to shreds.
You actually have to reposition your squad.

as well as using the terrain to your advantage (especially in tile wars),
so, your opponent might spread too thin, and you can flank and route,
or you might have miscounted the distance from one detachment to another,
so you pay the price and have to retreat.
you plan in advance where your fallback areas might be
very few of the maps have 'dead space' or 'nomans land' where no-one ever goes to that part of the map.

Being able to use a jedi, have them come and make 4 or 6 attacks,
and use lightsaber defense, survive a round,
only to be taken down by a whole swarm or a tank,
that is awesome! they're not overpowered though - sustained fire,when they run out of force points,
will defeat them.
Force Pushing something into a pit, and it being instadefeated, that's fun!
locking a door, thus forcing folks to blow it up or move into a trap, that's fun!
Quick Reactions and attacks of opportunity defeating an enemy, triggering rolling cleave and some more attacks,
thats FUN!
lightning a squad of troopers? they're gone.
ultra-stealth to flank a squad, for folks that like stealth tko?

A small squad combination can still be better than the large swarm squads or specialized squads,
it just depends on the synergy between pieces.
Seeing 40+ acts squads duke it out in the large format, that is awesome!
things like squad assault cause bottlenecks, which is balanced by AreaofEffect weaponry.
but, often the Area-of-Effect weaponry has Heavy Weapon,
so it is a tradeoff to be stuck in LoS, to potentially take out 8+ figures.

there's also suppressive fire and psychology/morale checks, well, sort of...
a potential LoS to an area can 'suppress' movement there,
and some CEs lower boardwide the ATK and DEF value on defeat of a unique,
so that sorta encapsulates a morale effect during the battle.
I'd be pretty dismayed if a hero and the leader of the faction was downed in the battle...

while we're at it,
I would make forcepoints work differently -
the SWTCG and Decipher had a 'force pool' added to by all on the board,
4 points per turn renewed, or 1 point per turn...
also, this'd allow folks to essentially combine force points in the force pool,
so they take from the total, much as in SWTCG.

this way, the force becomes a little more used and also, a little unreliable,
as is the case for magic casting in Warhammer.
or W40K.
it might not work on a turn, or you're out of force points, so you can't bank on it.
to offset,
things which alter team wide might function as MotF 2.

some of the synergies from Myths and Legends TCG are also fun -
they're not as min-maxer prone as the "magic the gathering TCG" direction a lot of folks want to shift SWMinis into.

that said,
as has been said of custom our groups' made in the past and my customs,
at what point is it no longer simple SWMinis, and SWRPG lite?
much more than 15 abilities on a card, at size 4 font, you physically can't read any more...
Cost X, Attack X, Shields X etc,
where X is some relationship - SWMinis doesn't use surds or fractals or complex relationships in its abilities BigGrin

So, SWMinis is a complex-ish game, but a fun game that folks can learn to use relatively quickly.
it lets you recreate events easily, and lends itself well to RPGing.
it's got pieces that recreate what we see in the movies.
you can have a lightsaber and melee orientated squad, or a blaster and bazooka themed fringe squad, or a beast/creature squad, or even an all alien squad, or a vong tko squad.

that's my two shekel from where I sees it anyhow hehe BigGrin
thanks for a great topic, and I'm looking forward to seeing what folks have to say!
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:42:24 AM

I really enjoy the vast amount of different characters and the endless ways to combine them with each other. The large amount of playable factions is a huge plus to me! I remeber when I was getting introduced to the game I was facinated that they had characters from the movies like the Ewoks and the Jawas as playable peices. I bombarded my friend with questions like "can a squad of just ewoks do well in this game?". I like the idea that you can play with anything in this game and have fun doing it. I like the distinct flavor that the factions give and their different playstyles.

I also really enjoy the strategic aspect of the game. It has the most depth I've seen in any game I've played.
kkj
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:48:59 AM

To be honest, i was attracted to the game just because of the awesome miniatures. I love tiny, detailed miniatures and when i bought the Clone Wars Starter in 2008 i was just fascinated by the figures! I had no idea of the rules and didn't even know that the whole game is only in english (i'm german), but i finally learned the rules and now i just like having all the great characters from not only the movies but also the games, comics, books! They are definately some of the best looking star wars figures out there. Of course i love playing the game but it's really all about the figures for me. I don't mind that much that a Clone Trooper is a little worse than other options and such "problems", i just want to play epic battles that resemble the movies :D Nothing's cooler than creating two themed squads and documentating the results of each round with photos to relive them later! Plus there are just SO many cool custom maps out there, most designed in professional quality that often even trumps the official maps.

Also, as had been said, the rules are quite simplistic and i love that. While i prefer more complex rules in starship games like Star Wars Armada i really like the simplistic approach of this game. I think sets like Clone Strike are among my favourites because you get two quite balanced factions that manage to represent the movie characters's personalities and abilities with just a handful of succinct special abilities and stats!

I personally like when i have different versions of a character to choose from, like the 3 official Padmés, each offering a completely different effect and each useful and different from each other. Or having a Obi-Wan Kenobi Padawan, General and Jedi Master Version for example.

This beeing said, i really DON'T like unnecessary versions or reboots of characters just for the sake of making more miniatures. 11 official Vaders is a bit much i find, i just want to have great representations of the characters that are not completely unplayable in casual games. I think a Commander Vader à la Imperial Commander and one à la COTF are enough and for beatsticks Lord Vader, Jedi Hunter and the vanilla Darth Vader are enough for me. Of course i will still buy the others, blasted WOTC haha but yeah i don't have a stronge urge to, since i already have almost all the "cool" ones that i want.

Also, this game has quite a big luck factor to be honest in form of iniative rolls and almost every second offensive special ability having a 50/50 chance of failing. And i do like that. Special Abilities like Bombad Gungan are just plain funny, same with Chancellor Palpatines Force Alters. It just leaves space for interpretations and often funny explainations are needed for weird/unlikely outcomes.

Just imagine, right in the middle of a battle, Battle Droids suddenly seem to fail a ridiculous amount of attacks on the chancellor, because Palps just uses the Force to throw a trash can or something in a Battle Droids face when nobody notices :D
Or COINCIDENTLY a Battle Droid is suddenly pulled towards a magnetic ceiling just right before he shoots. Clone Trooper: "What the heck was that?" - Chancellor: "Oh, i don't know, must have been a malfunction?" *grinses politely*

Just a lot of options to make fun of while still not feeling completely out of place. I honestly haven't had so much laughs in any other game!

Finally, i'm just a huge Star Wars Fan, im not really a gamer at all, i just play games based on the franchises i love like Star Wars, BSG and Firefly, so the high quality miniatures (at least most of them) and the funny and immersive gameplay that really chatches the atmosphere of the universe are both bigh factors why i really love this game. I played some Imperial Assault too, but sold it now, because i realized it just lacks the distinctive features i love so much about this game. IA is well balanced but i just miss the humour, the massive EU-fanservice, the prequel-era, the fast and easy stat-card-only system that does not need a pile of tokens, mission cards, command cards, condition cards, map tiles, etc and it lacks (as i find) a more realistic combat system. In IA most figures have a max range of like...8 squares or something? In SWM you can shoot across the map which equals not even 50 meters or something like that. In Star Wars most blasters can shoot hundreds of meters if you really have to, so yeah, i think SWM has it more realistic, although maybe not as balanced. Plus i prefer having a cover system and no range system (SWM) over having no cover system and a unrealistic range system (IA).

I guess you could say i prefer flavour over substance, but that's just as far as it gets. I find SWM is still quite well balanced if you play casual and thats all i care for.

Cool topic and and i enjoyed reading your post @kobayashimaru, although i skipped some parts haha
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 5:36:21 AM

@kkj,
well said!
I admire the succinctness,
and the comparison to IA was fair - especially RE the distances.
though, they tried for Tannhauser style of half RPG, half minis game...
the result was not quite either.

re my verbose feedback,
brevity is something I'm working on BigGrin -my post was not bauhaus heheh
it is a little longwinded, however, I really really enjoy the fun of SWMinis hehe.

re deutschesprache cards...
Agis Neugebauer may know a folk or two who've translated a few cards;
properly, and printed a few too.
now you know the pain from Settlers of Catan - for the longest time, it was Deutschesprache only.
same with snakes and phoenixes, or, "Myths and Legends the card game" - it was originally only in spanish.
it is better in the original any how.

I thought SWMinis all sets were also released in German...
was it only a few which were released in regionalized versions?
it's silly to think of how many players we lost because it was only in English.
luckily, we can get to work making 'custom' transliterated cards -
that would be an awesome project for the VSetters to work on eventually.

there is an awesome SWMinis club in Berlin!
they posted a photo of Bully Herbig and Til Schweiger playing SWMinis one time!
even joergsprave plays SWMinis!
(joerg has both shot and used as munition in his slingshot, some SWMinis.
the stormtrooper was lodged in the coconut).

it won't be long, and I suspect the german players will do for SWMinis what they did for Chess,
combinatorially map many squad compositions and innovate a nice notation for SWMinis compositions. BigGrin

(I enjoy almost as much as Star Wars, some "Perry Rhodan and the Deutsche-kateers!"
I hear they are making a proper Perry Rhodan movie!
have you read much Perry Rhodan or Kurd Lasswitz "Auf Zwei Planeten", or O.W. Gail?
Kurd Lasswitz is funny, yet so much better in the original german!)

KKJ, are you excited for German Modiphius miniatures, of some star trek?
If so, you're lucky! Germans get either promo Picard or promo Kirk,
even the ultra rare "captain kork' from Traumschiff Surprise!
Agis Neugebauer comes to the rescue again - he's already made a comparison chart.
also, KKJ,
are you on lead-adventure.de?
if not, why not? there are awesome resources there in english or german too!
a great place to trade!
kkj
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:24:01 AM

@kobayashimaru Yeah all the sets were released here in Germany i think, at least i saw some boosters in stores here and bought some Clone Wars and Alliance and Empire when they still had them. But i think i just bought like 10 boosters in total from local stores, 4 CW and 6 A&E i think. From there on i just bought them online or purchased singles. They made an inoffcial translation of the rulebook but it had to be used in conjunction with the english original to understand it. But anyway, the stat cards are quite simple and my english is also not bad, so i really have no problem with the game as it is now. Just these longe posts here are not always my best grammatical performance...haha.

Funny Til Schweiger playing SWM lol, do you know the name of that SWM Club in Berlin and is it still activated and or already defeated? :D Unfortunately i'm from Munich, but maybe i'll be some time in Berlin in the future, who knows. Do you know anything if they use V-Sets or not? I don't think Germans need translated stat cards or even rules, because for example as i said i also play Star Wars Armada and i have everything in german like most of our local players, but yet we all keep using the english names for upgrade cards and stuff. It's quite funny and weird haha, because we all wait for the german releases and then just keep using english designations. I guess it's because the whole international community is english and of course, it's Star Wars and a english game.
I think just that for most german players or potential players V-Sets are not of interest as there are no real stat cards (i know you can print them) or miniatures and most players here were casual, at least it seemed like this after what i have read on german forums and archives. It was a non-translated and non-officially-supported game here (at least i think so?) so it was quite hard even in the past to find really competitive players. Now that the game is effectively dead, at least in Germany, casual play is the only thing intriguing to new players. "Wow look at those incredibly detailed miniatures that look so much better than the IA ones!" - common reaction

I just checked out lead-adventure.de, thanks, but i don't want to spend even more time on the internet searching for real players haha and don't need to trade as i just purchase singles and i don't really have any miniatures that i would not want to have. Also, sorry i have to disappoint you, but i'm not a real Star Trek Fan, though i just watched Star Trek Beyond in cinema last week! (I liked it! Though i do have a little grudge against J.J. Abrams, just don't like his style of rehashing everything instead of creating new ideas. EP7 was a good movie, but for a Star Wars Movie it was very uninspired/non-inventive i find. Rogue One looks promising though!)

I just also want to add that SWM can very easily be modified, like adding a range system, changing stats, etc while IA is not so mod-friendly. But its a completely different game anyway. As you said, RPG/Skirmish crossover.
Echo24
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:56:24 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:

I am especially interested in your cryptic allusion to another game of some kind...
maybe it is for another scale of starship?

Haha, no, nothing that has anything to do with Star Wars or miniatures in general. Since I've been a part of the SWM design team for the past 5 years or so I've gotten more and more interested in board game design as a subject in general, and very recently I've been diving more into it. That's all a bit off topic (if people want to discuss game design as a general subject I'd be very happy to do so in the Off Topic forum), but I thought that getting the point of view of SWM players on what makes this game fun to them would help both me in my personal understanding and journey to design board games but also the current designers of SWM.

Great answers so far guys, keep 'em coming! ThumpUp
CorellianComedian
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 10:14:59 AM

Well, I like complicated games, and so often times nothing hits the spot like a good game of SWMinis.

I like building squads. I've built way more than I would play in 2 years, I think. The game has a lot of replay value because there are so many different things you can do.

I enjoy seeing my strategies work (which does not happen nearly as often as I'd like Flapper ). One of my favorite games in the last year was when I ran Revan Swap with Kaan, 2 Acolytes, and a Sith Lord or so for Lightning. My opponent had a squad based on Jango and a Diplomat wall. It was a horrible matchup for him, but even so there's no feeling like running Revan 18 squares can blasting a massive hole in your opponent's army and strategy.

I enjoy the Unique tanks. One of my favorite parts in any given action/adventure movie is when a good guy makes an epic last stand against overwhelming hordes of grunts, so I love pieces like Bane, GOWK, or Grand Master Luke where you can drop them somewhere and let them tank it out on their own.

Very closely related to that is being able to ignore timeline. Pitting Qui-Gon Jinn against Darth Revan, or GOWK against Caedus, or having a squad with Darth Bane and Exar Kun, or any of the other plethora of duels and team-ups that never/couldn't have happened in the story.

And on top of all that, I really like seeing how my squads match up against my friends' squads. When I build a squad, it often has answers to the type of thing I usually use. So, of course, I am usually completely blindsided when my opponent brings a Mando strike team when I was ready for a 2-on-2 lightsaber duel. Having to adapt my strategy is stressful, but also very enjoyable.
kkj
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 1:00:09 PM

Btw @CorellianComedian i DID read you kind message, thanks for that! Bloomilk just won't let me answer you for some reason...
harryg
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:39:49 PM

I play to discover new builds and to utilize stuff I'm proud of creating. I also play to simulate massive battles between characters that I know and love in my favorite ever franchise. Most importantly I play to have fun BigGrin
DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 5:44:40 PM

SWM is not entirety dominated by luck based mechanics or a best squad or who starts in China. It has the personal customization of a deck building game, the varying abilities and synergies of a role playing game, and the straightforward minutia of chess with little green army men.

It has a thrilling sense of excitement and humor.
It's like a game of chess where before declaring checkmate you have to make a save or an initiative roll.
What fun!
buttcabbge
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 11:09:11 PM

Some of it is just that my favorite games generally involve either A. Analysis of Probability; B. Creative Problem Solving; and C. Manipulation of Space. It's a rare game that combines all three in a really deep way, and actually, the other game I can think of that does this very well is Scrabble (another game that I love, even if I lack the raw memorization abilities ever to be any kind of a serious tournament player).

The other thing I love about minis is the modularity of it. 200-point constructed is great, but Tile Wars is fun, and over the years I've played plenty of scenarios with my friends, and way back in the day when we didn't have much stuff my buddy and I would do big elaborate drafts and then construct the best two or three squads we could out of what we drafted.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2016 5:54:03 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

One of my favorite parts of games is searching for synergy, especially synergy that isn't preprogrammed for you. Several types of games include this. Economic engine games, deckbuilders, tableau builders (e.g. Race of the Galaxy), and of course CCG/squadbuilders like Star Wars Minis.

I also like the tactical aspect of moving the pieces on the board.

Top it off with great looking minis and maps (including maps of virtually every conceivable Star Wars location) and the universe is Star Wars? Favorite game by far.
Echo24
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 9:20:35 AM

Thanks for more great responses. It's interesting seeing the different player psychographics come out; some people play SWM as an experience (for which flavor and excitement are very important), some approach it more as a puzzle to solve (where the more important factor is being presented with interesting problems and decisions). I think most players, maybe all, are some combination of these two types and it's important for the game to offer something to both of these players while trying not to minimize either type.

Personally I fall much more strongly into the camp of seeing the game as a puzzle. I enjoy squad building, or more specifically squad iterating. I enjoy analyzing the problem I am trying to solve (at its most basic, how to win games), finding different solutions through squad building, testing those solutions in game, and then revising them and trying again. I'm a Star Wars nerd like most everyone here, but the flavor is secondary to me, and I'll play almost any squad type if I feel it's the best solution to the puzzle (although there are certain squad types that I'm better at piloting than others).

As a designer I think it's important to identify both how I experience the game as well as how others do, so that everyone can have something they enjoy in it.

Again, great answers so far that have really gotten me (and hopefully others) thinking! BigGrin
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 10:26:38 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Daniel,

At one point you described Johnny, Timmy, Eddie or whatever. Stereotypical approaches to CCGs. Hardcore competitive, likes the big splashy card/pieces, likes to find something clever. I don't remember what's what - I'm sure you can clarify.

Anyway, I definitely recognized myself as not the hardcore competitive one but the one who wanted to find a clever combo and see it work. Caedus+Mines was exactly that for me. Before that it was whatever I could do with pre-errata Daala and Zygerrians. I ran Daala post-errata but I had a lot more fun figuring out the combos of what you could do with Zygerrians. This one was my favorite, even if it wasn't the most competitive. 46-square round 1 deep strike:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/133582/sandtrooper-deep-strike

(Probably still broken, just not as broken as the other pre-errata Daala/Zygerrian stuff)
Echo24
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2016 11:08:47 AM

Haha, yeah, those are Mark Rosewater's player psychographics. Mark has been the head designer of Magic: The Gathering since 2003 and is one of the biggest writers on game design; he actively updates a blog about design and has a weekly column about it called Making Magic.

I'll give my view of the different types, but if you want to hear Mark's version, here's an article he wrote about it: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/timmy-johnny-and-spike-2013-12-03

Spike is the super competitive player; the tournament player. He just wants strong things that he can win with. He doesn't really care if they're thematic, and doesn't really care if they're complex or intriguing, he just plays to win. Spike is, I think, the easiest psychographic to come up with ideas for. A large percentage of myself is a Spike player, but I don't really like being a Spike designer. The Gormak Bomb Disposal Expert was a Spike piece at heart. It was made to be a piece in the puzzle of the competitive game.

Timmy is the player who likes big impressive individual things. Winning or losing doesn't matter so much; he wants stuff to blow up. This is a pretty common type of "casual" player. The Corporate Alliance Energy Pummel and Leviathan are total Timmy pieces. They're not really very competitive, but they're huge (literally!) and pack an appropriately huge punch. Timmy pieces can be fun to design, and you can usually get safely through development by just giving them a big point cost. Spikes and Johnnys won't really care about it because you can't build a great squad with it, but Timmy will love it no matter what the point cost is. Timmy wants us to make a 200 point Abeloth. Laugh

Johnny is the one who likes finding combos and sees the game as a way to express himself. He's the combo player; the one that likes the complex or non-obvious things that wind up being awesome together. It's not all about winning, it's about doing something clever. I absolutely love designing for Johnny; the Negotiation ability from the Diplomacy subset is Johnny through and through. So far none of the Negotiation pieces have been very competitive, and they weren't designed to be, so Spike doesn't really see the value in them. They're little techy pieces, which isn't Timmy's style. But they can be super strong and more importantly create complex decisions and game states in just the right situation and squad, and Johnny loves finding those situations and squads. It's not so much about winning as it is about making your opponent say "Wait, what are you doing again?" You're definitely a Johnny, TJ.

Most players are combinations of the three types (I'm like 70% Spike and 30% Johnny if I'm playing, but flip those numbers if I'm designing), and I believe one or two more types were added later, but these are the basics.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2016 9:36:33 PM

I got into it back in ROTS days for the cool minis and a neat looking strategy game. Also Grievous in the starter! Heck yes. And kept playing and collecting as our group grew. And then when WOTC dropped the game and at a similar time my life was going through some pretty crazy changes during the war, this game and this community really was a steady anchor. I remember thinking of how much I couldn't wait to see what the next new pieces would be and it always gave me something to look forward too.
It has always been a great escape and there are some awesome people on here. Best times are also the campaigns we have waged war in. Hoping to get another one going soon but I'll be playing this game until the end. Strength and honour brothers and sisters.

Also shout out to Matt Francella (Jedi Cartographer and who has an awesome SWM map pack going right now which you should all support because it's some of the only new physical material we get for our game and he has some really good stuff coming), Christopher West, and Lily Wan (epic customs!) for continuing the maps and miniatures and breathing fresh life to go along with the great cards the designers have done. Keep at it all and support the community.