RegisterDonateLogin

Kissed Luke to make Han jealous.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 27, KOTOR Characters Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 5:21:23 PM
Groups: Member

So I am keeping with the theme of KOTOR I ran a few weeks ago, I am doing it again. This time it is going to be KOTOR Characters that DO NOT have a version of them made yet. I.E. G0-T0 or Hanharr, and other more minor characters.

Rules

1. The character must be canon and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction. EDIT: Since Canon is all screwed up, just a known character is fine.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. you may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat Oct 22, 2016 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 8pm EST on Monday, Oct 24, 2016.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the Winner will then post the next round
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:57:25 AM

While some love KOTOR, I'm a little burned out by them, still I haven't done this for awhile so ....

Four years ago I created a sub-faction called the Exchange and as part of that I created these two, slightly cleaned up.

GOTO

Not 100% happy with it, but it is what it is and I'm too busy to update him.

Calo Nord, Exchange Bounty Hunter

Calo as a WOTC character was worthless, yet in the KOTOR game he was Much more dangerous so, cleaned up and 4 years older, here he is.

Not sure who I want to go with ....
>Jase<
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:44:24 PM

Kamikaze13
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:10:19 PM

Kamikaze13
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 1:15:07 PM

Surf, I like Calo better, but he seems a tad bit under costed.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, October 19, 2016 3:10:44 PM

I think GOTO is great and I was totally going to post mine too but I like the Lobot alternative
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2016 6:06:50 AM

Kamikaze13 wrote:

Interestingly enough, I used donnyrides reborn calculator and it came out at 36; mine came out at 37; I rolled with it.
donnyrides
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2016 5:33:42 AM

IMO, Personal Shield might be good with some form of Save. Else how do you hit him short of being adjacent. The price is Ok but it does have one of those dangerous combos I've been trying to calculate for, Double twin. I similar piece is Dash. He has it, but the way they tone it down is by giving him damage 10 and make you spend points on other CEs to take him to the next level. For the dangerous combo, it only adds 3 points by the calculations. How much were you charging for the the shield?

I really like the piece though, I would just suggest giving your opponent and out with some form of save roll to be able to land a hit.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2016 6:04:14 AM

donnyrides wrote:
IMO, Personal Shield might be good with some form of Save. Else how do you hit him short of being adjacent. The price is Ok but it does have one of those dangerous combos I've been trying to calculate for, Double twin. I similar piece is Dash. He has it, but the way they tone it down is by giving him damage 10 and make you spend points on other CEs to take him to the next level. For the dangerous combo, it only adds 3 points by the calculations. How much were you charging for the the shield?

I really like the piece though, I would just suggest giving your opponent and out with some form of save roll to be able to land a hit.

... which is interesting because in the game he's also very hard to kill. I gave him the "Energy Shield" which was 3 pts.

I'm not sure, but wasn't he the most dangerous BH of his day; yes comparing apples/oranges but I see your point. I also mentioned I made him years ago.

His original piece had Avoid Defeat; if anything, I maybe should've stayed closer to 60-70 HP if I wanted to make a change ....

Kamikaze13 wrote:

... and while Kam thought him undercosted, the original piece was considered slightly overcosted. RollEyes You can't please Everybody I guess.
donnyrides
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2016 6:46:09 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the cost. And I really do love the piece. I just think the shield needs a chance for bypass. Save 11, save 16, farther than 6 away or something that gives the attacker an opportunity to connect.

SIDE NOTE* wish I knew more about the KotOR games. I have a very interesting character of the week idea.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2016 9:50:43 AM

Kamikaze13
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2016 10:27:16 AM

donnyrides wrote:

SIDE NOTE* wish I knew more about the KotOR games. I have a very interesting character of the week idea.

I've posted some I knew nothing about except what I read on wookieepedia, so I hope that doesn't stop you. Wink
donnyrides
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2016 11:21:34 AM

here's my try. I have no idea who the guy is though, so it feels like stats on a random name.

j'ane khan
jak
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2016 4:30:24 AM

General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2016 6:11:29 AM

Since the GOTO angle has been taken I will go completely random and do Bao-Dur's remote:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/26980/remote

That little guy was pretty impressive
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 5:57:10 AM

wish I knew more about the game. I just never got around to playing it. From a taste standpoint based on my own preferences my list goes :

1. Spryguy - Uthar wynn
2. Kamikaze - Halus, GenoHardan Overseer
3. Surf - Calo. BUT I really wish it had a save in the personal shield wording
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 1:05:25 PM

1st: donnyrides

2nd: >Jase<

3rd: General_Grievous
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 1:13:17 PM