RegisterDonateLogin

May not look like much, but she's got it where it counts.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-set 15: what do you want to see? Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 4:21:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

jen'ari wrote:
SITH VADER

seconded ThumpUp
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 10:44:26 AM
Groups: Member

General_Grievous wrote:
Kamikaze13 wrote:
Kamikaze13 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Maybe. But Agen Kolar says two versions of a minor Unique in back-to-back sets is a perfectly valid design choice.

Agen Kolar might be just a wee bit biased in that regard. LOL

Okay, so I just realized that Kolar was just trying to keep up with Grievous... Blink

You can never have too much Grievous.

Grievous, Tactican
Grievous, Kaleesh General
Grievous, Dooku's Second
Grievous, Confederate Hero
Grievous, Commander of the Malevoleance
Grievous, Pilot
Grievous, Conqueror of Coruscant
Grievous, Hero of "insert battle/planet here"
Grievous, Slayer of Witches

Not biased at all though hahaha

I'm surprised you haven't suggested a Grievous mini-set... Flapper
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 11:16:54 AM

Kamikaze13 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
Kamikaze13 wrote:
Kamikaze13 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Maybe. But Agen Kolar says two versions of a minor Unique in back-to-back sets is a perfectly valid design choice.

Agen Kolar might be just a wee bit biased in that regard. LOL

Okay, so I just realized that Kolar was just trying to keep up with Grievous... Blink

You can never have too much Grievous.

Grievous, Tactican
Grievous, Kaleesh General
Grievous, Dooku's Second
Grievous, Confederate Hero
Grievous, Commander of the Malevoleance
Grievous, Pilot
Grievous, Conqueror of Coruscant
Grievous, Hero of "insert battle/planet here"
Grievous, Slayer of Witches

Not biased at all though hahaha

I'm surprised you haven't suggested a Grievous mini-set... Flapper

After all, it has been done before: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/Set/1287/luke-skywalker

Those are gonna be some long abbreviations, though. "That's a great squad you've got there, but I think GGCofM would work better than GGCoC."
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 11:27:10 AM

Hahaha that Luke set is awesome. Challenge accepted!
Darth Ryl
Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2017 7:34:01 PM

Cade Skywalker's half sister Gunn Yage, Imperial maybe will synergy to Cade.
DarthMaim
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 9:40:26 AM

DarthMaim wrote:
New Rogue One Vader!

New Shaak Ti!

Let's go...............................................

( On knees begging )

Please bring these 2 minis. Shaak Ti is waay over due. One that is compatible with her power in the "Force Unleashed" video game that was released many years ago on X-Box 360.

I just bought Rogue One, and that Vader scene at the end never gets old. I beg of you guys.........pull the trigger on a Vader of Scarif. Get er done!
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 9:59:44 AM

anything from the CCC Weekly Winner's list
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 11:25:42 AM

donnyrides wrote:
anything from the CCC Weekly Winner's list

Massive + many many many 1s to this.

Tons of amazing, fresh, thematic, fitting and balanced pieces here that would become great additions to the game!

Especially all of the week 28 entries.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:55:18 AM

i want to see this powerful version of luke:

Taken from the Star Wars book Dark Tide: Onslaught, Luke’s powers in black hole manipulation don’t come without controversy. Still, the book is relatively clear in explaining what Luke Skywalker did; he used the Force to grab onto the black hole that stood in front of him, put all his effort into moving it away from him, and he brought it next to a vehicle which then got sucked straight into it. So, yeah, he grabbed a black hole and caused it to do his dirty work. How’s that for a badass power you didn’t know Luke Skywalker had?
donnyrides
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:03:33 AM

Cost 200
100 HP
10 D
0 Att
0 Damage

Force Powers
Force 999
Gravity (Force 999 - Replace turn, you win the game)
Lord Starkiller
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:15:19 PM

Wanted to make this my first post!

As my name indicates I'm quite a fan of TFU. At least the first one (we don't speak of the other one)

As such I kinda want to see a return of TFU mechanics, maybe tweak the "Unleashed" ability like being able to spend either extra force or health points to "upgrade" a force ability to an Unleashed version like having a longer range, or doing extra damage. Stuff like that. If it's too OP then feel free to ignore.

Personally I want:

1. Lord Starkiller (The "Dark Lord's Armor" version from the non-canon Hoth DLC)

2. Lord Starkiller (In his "Tuskin Raider" outfit)

3. The Grand Inquisitor from Rebels

4. Fives from The Clone Wars

5. General Pong Krell from The Clone Wars

FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:50:45 PM

Lord Starkiller wrote:

These two are already out there:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/1421/pong-krell
http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/1633/the-inquisitor--jedi-hunter
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:57:23 PM

Lord Starkiller wrote:
Wanted to make this my first post!

As my name indicates I'm quite a fan of TFU. At least the first one (we don't speak of the other one)

As such I kinda want to see a return of TFU mechanics, maybe tweak the "Unleashed" ability like being able to spend either extra force or health points to "upgrade" a force ability to an Unleashed version like having a longer range, or doing extra damage. Stuff like that. If it's too OP then feel free to ignore.

Personally I want:

1. Lord Starkiller (The "Dark Lord's Armor" version from the non-canon Hoth DLC)

2. Lord Starkiller (In his "Tuskin Raider" outfit)

4. Fives from The Clone Wars

Awesome list! And welcome to the forums!

TFU is an amazing game and would be awesome to have some more incarnations/builds of this key figure in the old canon. Huge +1 for more starkiller. Maybe a breathmask Raxus Prime version or an incredibly acrobatic Felicia one. But more Starkiller!
CorellianComedian
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:27:15 PM

Lord Starkiller wrote:

This isn't quite what you were suggesting, but maybe something like:

Exertion: Once per turn, when this character would spend Force points, it may gain 1 Force point. If it does, it takes 10 damage. This damage cannot be reduced.

It's the kind of ability that would be hard to find a sweet spot of both useful and not OP - it would tend toward being either entirely useless or waaaay overpowered - but I've thought for a long time that it would be cool if there was a way to exchange Hit Points for Force Points. Maybe something like a non-Force power version of Force Focus:

Exertion: Usable on this character's turn: this character takes 20 damage that cannot be reduced. For the rest of the turn, this character's Force powers' range is increased by 2 and when they deal damage, deal an additional 20 damage
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:31:09 PM

I'm also a big fan of TFU but I would love to see some minis to be added from the same period from the Dark Times and Rebellion comic books.
My preferances are:
1) A rebel squadron for Deena Shan and Luke (Legacy collection) making them more playable. An elite stealth squad commandos possibly.
2) Ahsoka Tano
3) Kento Marek
4) Rogue one squadron
5) Bail organa (affinity)
Lord Starkiller
Posted: Sunday, April 23, 2017 7:31:07 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Awesome list! And welcome to the forums!

TFU is an amazing game and would be awesome to have some more incarnations/builds of this key figure in the old canon. Huge +1 for more starkiller. Maybe a breathmask Raxus Prime version or an incredibly acrobatic Felicia one. But more Starkiller!

Well I gave a shot at making my first custom which is Lord Starkiller from the Hoth DLC. I wanted to make him as accurate to the game as possible and would like some constructive feedback if that's not too much to ask.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27538/lord-starkiller--dark-lords-armor-
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, May 7, 2017 5:43:47 PM

Bump.
blemelisk
Posted: Sunday, May 7, 2017 6:22:49 PM

Republic Tank (huge)
X Points
HP: 150
Defense: 16
Attack: 10
Damage 20

Rigid
Mounted Weapon
Double Attack
Damage Reduction 10 (20?)
Main Cannons (Replaces attacks: Make two (2) attacks against one (1) target at +10 attack, 30 damage, ignores damage reduction *or* Make one (1) attack against a legal target at +10 attack, 60 damage, ignores damage reduction) *I'm leaning towards two attacks as the 2 main guns are linked, but there is a chance one wouldnt hit*
*new* Pilotable/Gunnery Position (Choose one character with either Gunner or Pilot, adjacent to this one, remove it from play and it is considered inside this vehicle. If the character has Gunner, it receives a +4 attack and +10 damage to its attacks and abilities as well as greater mobile attack, if the character has Pilot, this character gains +4 move, +4 Defense and Evade *or maybe another ability*. If this vehicle is defeated, the character inside is also defeated, save 11)

This is just a rough sketch of the ideas of vehicles i have in mind. Id love to see more things like this. It may not be very useful in the competitive play, but would be great in the more fun games that I have no doubt many of us play.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, May 7, 2017 6:24:29 PM

Y'know, some sort of boost for Lightsaber defensive abilities would be cool. In the CCC recently, I came up with a commander effect where allies automatically succeed at saves for Lightsaber Block/Deflect/Reflect/Defense. My fellow competitors agreed that was too powerful. I'm not offended or anything, it's exactly the sort of thing that I tend to overdo. BUT, I think the general direction could use some exploration.

Lightsaber defenses are the worst defenses in the game. Seriously. Except VCA 16 or Dark Armor, maybe. In order to be defensively viable, a Jedi/Sith has to have (A) in-built automatic defense against melee OR non-melee (i.e. Parry, Stealth, Evade, Shien Style), (B) damage reduction such as Force-Attuned Armor or Force Bubble, or (C) Lightsaber Defense with Master of the Force.

Random spacers and fringers get abilities like Evade or Parry, abilities that automatically have a 50% chance of blocking applicable attacks. Jedi with just Lightsaber abilities can spend a Force point to maybe block one hit.

Let's say Cad Bane unloads on an Ishi Tib Scout. He's going to hit with all 4 attacks. It is statistically unlikely, but theoretically possible, that this 14 point piece will Evade all 4 attacks. There is only a 6.25% chance of this happening - basically meaning it won't. There is a slightly more reasonable 12.5% chance that it will survive with 10 HP left. Although the scout will still die, there is even a 25% chance it will evade the first two attacks.

However, 55-point Belth Allusis has a flat 0% chance of blocking all four attacks. He has a 0% chance of even blocking two. A 55-point Jedi Master must spend 1/6 of the Force points he will have all game for the potential of blocking one hit. On top of that, he just has to eat the remaining 3 attacks. Nothing he can do about it.

Add to that, let's compare a Jedi with Evade (or regular Soresu) to a Jedi with Lightsaber Deflect and Master of the Force 2.

They each get shot once. The Evade Jedi has a 50% chance of deflecting without a FP. The Deflect Jedi has a 0%. The Evade Jedi has a 75% chance of deflection with one FP, the Deflect Jedi has a 50% chance. The Deflect Jedi can reach a 75% chance by spending TWO Force points.

Now, let's say they get shot twice. The Evade Jedi has a 25% chance of dodging both shots for free, with a Force point for a reroll. The Deflect Jedi must spend 2 FP (it's maxium) to even have that 25% chance of dodging.

I know that complaining about a 14-point piece maybe dodging four attacks is pulling at straws. But Lightsaber abilities are still pretty bad. They are limited use, use up FPs you could spend on offensive Force powers, and for all the trouble and limitation of using them, they are still 0% more effective than Parry on a 7-pt Felucian. I think a steep boost to saves for Lightsaber abilities (meaning your Parry, Soresu and what-have-you are still at bland save 11 no matter what), or maybe an automatic-success-once-per-turn, would be worth looking into.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:32:06 AM

+1 to the republic assualt tank idea and CCs better lightsaber defense or even a fringe version of The Exile's CE.

Also I would love to see:

More dawn of the jedi pieces, should probably be a sub-faction if we're going that route but Je'daii for the OR and Ramayana Infinite Empire for the Sith (with rivals/bonuses to promote pure Infinite empire squad) Look at Surf's custom thread for some awesome examples.

And more Vong, we just had a great Custom challenge week with Vong as the theme and some ideas are more peace brigade style forces, hunters/stalkers, an embrace of pain for an awesome new emplacement that can torture/turn enemies or grant EoP to allied characters (or just vong) and a "healer" grafting shaper that kills off savage allies to heal their HP off of adjacent vong. Also how about a World Brain? And the implanted savage slaves/slavers for the brain to boost as in Caedus's era. And again tons of great new ideas in Surf's epic custom thread to keep this core but forgotten faction of our game strong and fresh.