RegisterDonateLogin

Thinks you need more Droids in your squads.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 58 - Jedi/Clone Options
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 5:14:18 PM
Groups: Member

During the Clone Wars different Troopers were assigned to different Jedi General as their second in commands. The Jedi would listen to advice from this commander and they formed very trusting relationships with one another (think before order 66). The Jedi would rely heavily on their second in command.

This week I want to explore those relationships.

Here is a wookieepedia site that has a lot of the commanders names on them.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_Commander

Your job this week is to design a commander OR the jedi general. The design must have some form of synergy between the two. So for instance if you choose Commander Cody, he must have some form of synergy/companionship with an Obi-Wan Kenobi. This does not have to be the normal Synergy like +2 atk +2 def, this is synergy like:
Decoy: If Commander Cody attacks in inactivated target this round, an ally whose name contain Obi-Wan gains Cloaked until he the end of the round.

I thought about the idea of finding a partner to design with. One designs the jedi and the other designs the commander but thought it would be too messy, but maybe in the future...

Rules

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, June 24th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, June 26, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 5:24:42 PM

A very interesting CCC. I will have to put some thought into this. Smile
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 7:44:57 PM

Considered remaking Etain/Darmam because I always thought the one we have was a weird fit. But instead here is an updated one from a slightly different angle:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23130/general-arligan-zey
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 9:57:29 PM

Here is the commander:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28015/clone-commander-doom whom is the primary entrant for the CCC.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Doom

However I feel it would be inappropriate for me to sub only this character as (far as I know) the Jedi he worked with dont exist yet so I submit them as well as without them, it would be impossible to judge the commander:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28018/master-tiplee

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28017/master-tiplar

Please note that Tactical Withdrawl is still being worked on, I welcome your comments, as currently, it could go off 4 times or more (could be reduced to max twice if worded as defeated only). The commander (and followers) play off of both generals, and their ability once whenever they have used a force ability. I wanted the commander to feel correct for his flavor as described in the wiki (Ill have to go back and watch the episode again). Indeed the Jedi's could be healed up a heck of a lot by using various force powers but that will require troopers be adjacent when that happens (something that isnt always a good idea, especially against grenades, missiles and flame throwers, or cleaving/rolling cleave enabled melee characters) thus to me, it very well balances out. Though other characters may give other abilities, currently the troopers are given grenades that are specifically anti droid, and the jedi help those troopers to use said grenades.

Considering the possibilities with all 3 of these characters, they could easily be a force to be reckoned with. But it is going to cost you a rather large chunk points for the privilege.

Edit: decided to add Tup to the mix, just to complete the set.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28024/ct-5385--tup---traitor
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 5:24:32 AM

There is a strange bond between Mace and Ponds. Mace's ego "badass-ery" (as evidenced by LotLS) mitigates Ponds effectiveness, but the more he humbles himself (in his WoTC incarnations) the more Ponds has to offer.

Clone Commander Ponds
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 1:43:15 PM

CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:49:06 PM

Captain Lock

This guy shows up for about 15 seconds in Clone Wars, but he somehow didn't get killed off in those 15 seconds.

This guy is designed much more for game function than flavor, but I think the flavor is still there. Battle Ready is really cheap for 17 points, but it's Order 66. (Maybe I should include Koth in that, but Koth wasn't there defending the gate, so that's why he isn't included right now).

His first CE is a little abstract, but Lock seemed pretty concerned for Koth's safety - one of his only lines is protesting a retreat because Commando Droids are coming to take Koth. One of the Horn Company troopers DID give Koth a moment of reprieve from the Commando Droid onslaught and enabled him to make it until the Magnaguards came.

The second part of the CE is two-fold, but entirely function-based: A, it allows Koth to take a few more hits (for CE use) and B, Koth + Clones is a terrible squad base already, so I don't think it hurts to make Koth even tankier than he already is.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 5:10:03 PM

hmmm,
I might submit Commander Fordo,
or Commander Alpha-17. its going to be tricky.

Fordo would have rapport with Yobuck or Yoda,
and Alpha-17 would have an anti-effect; he only works with jedee he could possibly beat, so not folks with a higher points cost.
Kamikaze13
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2017 8:58:05 PM

jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 6:07:10 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28027/rex--jedi-companion

No one wanted to go the jedi route eh?
SithBot
Posted: Thursday, June 22, 2017 8:00:21 PM

Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2017 4:52:45 AM

Tough one here, I guess I'll cast my votes for...

1 spry
2 Kam
3 GG gets the nod here for being the only Jedi
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2017 9:49:15 AM

1: CorellianComedian very simple but interesting way to get a piece that I havent played very often to be considered to be played.
2: Kam VERY interesting CE
3: GG pricy, (but you are getting 50 points of reinforcements) I also see this actually being used competitively because of the CE.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2017 11:12:34 AM

1. Lord_Ball. I love the idea of making Gendu playable and fun looking. might actually use that CE.

2. Sithbot. Allowing for the Clones to divert the attention while Obi-Wan slips past seems very Cody-ish.

3. Corellian Comedian - fun and simple, I love that it makes Eeth koth fun to play.
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2017 11:43:43 AM

1st: SithBot

2nd: CorellianComedian

3rd: spryguy1981
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2017 12:15:02 PM

1. Kam
2. GG
3. Lord Ball
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2017 4:15:27 PM

Sorry I was nowhere to be found feedback-wise Blushing

1st - Kamikaze's Commander Jet - I have to start off by saying how much I loathe that CE. It's long, it's wordy, it's more than one effect, my brain gets three words into it and goes NO! NO MORE! - and yet, this piece is GENIUS. You make him work so well with Mundi! I like how his abilities encourage you to keep Jet near Mundi, and he works wonders with the Flamethrower clones. You knocked it out of the park with Clone/Jedi synergy on this one.

2nd - Spry's Commander Bacara - This piece is fantastic. When I saw someone had done Bacara, my first thought was "Nope. No way you can beat the Super-Stealth one." But this is GREAT! Massive boost for Mundi, the rapport is great, and the CE is great - and if I'm not mistaken, is worded specifically to prevent use with Booming Voice. Ki-Adi is good, but the Elite Clones/Marines just aren't viable - this Bacara puts them on the map with some much-needed help. As if all that wasn't enough, you have an intelligent Twin Attack CE! And the best part: only four abilities and a CE. That is streamlined design at its finest.

3rd - SithBot's Cody - Very nice! Nice suite of abilities - he's a solid fighter, with good boosts for Obi-Wan (again, in an intelligent way, not just "let's throw X ability at him and see what happens."). Diversion is very creative, and well-done. I can see myself using this Cody (and THANK YOU for using Willing to Serve! SO MANY good combos with so many Kenobis!)
SithBot
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2017 4:37:10 PM

1. Blemelisk - print so many points into a squad and getting some fun interactions

2. Spry guy. Sleek, simple fun design that helps a Jedi and helps a subfaction all in one

3. Corelliancomedian - another way to make a Jedi fun to play
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 26, 2017 6:13:52 PM

Shoot I was super excited to see Koba enter the contest! Where did you go? Haha. But still some epic pieces here:

Blemisk, super cool abilities but there are just a ton of them and probably could have dropped a couple for simplicity's sake. For example dropping camaraderie and doom regiment, and making his CE just affect order 66 characters since its effect would already be applying to all of them anyways. Also probably would have dropped squad member as the republic has Gree to do that and focus on your real cool ideas here of a reserves piece. I think your tactical withdrawal, or even the idea of getting more troops when a key is triggered is awesome. And solid shields ability too. Keep working on keeping it simple for numbers of abilities (especially new ones) because you have some genius ideas brother.

Spry, simple and deadly boost here. What's not to like?

Lord Ball, lots of abilities here too but points for keeping them existing and simple. Love how you helped out certain Mace characters without making their best broken.

CC, love the CE! And so much truth and flavour there it's incredible. I don't like the idea of the republic getting battle ready with all of their movement breakers and swapping already but man that CE. And you kept it simple for me haha.

Kam, wordy CE is about the only critique I can give. Great special abilities and I think you synergized the most out of all of us.

Jen'ari, lots of abilities here too but cool battle armour ability and nice Ani CE!

Sithbot, lots of abilities going on but all but one are pre-existing so good use there. Another cool way to work with Obi although giving cunning and stealth to the only piece that has ever been banned for brokenness is an bold one haha. May have been a workaround but my bad for not being able to comment.

In the end I have to go with:

1st Spry
2nd Lord Ball
3rd Jen'ari
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 4:11:48 AM

Was doing the tallies this AM as GG said he thought it was done and this is what I came up with.

Me: 3+1+2+2+3=11
Kam: 2+2+3+3=10
GG: 1+1+2=4
CC: 3+1+2+1=7
Lord Ball: 3+3+2=8
Sithbot: 2+3+1=6
Blem: 3
Jen'ari: 1

If someone wants to verify the votes and if I did indeed win I'll go on with the new theme.