RegisterDonateLogin

Chocolate milk, strawberry milk. A Jedi craves not these things.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 66 - Support The Imperial Mission Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 11:08:28 AM
Groups: Member

After consultation with Sithbot, the challenge this week is:

In the midst of strife and battle, there are those that serve peace and stand as beacons of light amidst the backdrop of war and chaos. In Star Wars, some of these people make up the Imperial Mission. Hailing from the Legacy comic line these guys were one of the new cool Imperial orders that popped up under the reign of the Fels. And while the Imperial Knights have grown and become a powerful force in SWM, the lone Imperial Missionary sits alone and waiting for his turn. I never quite liked how he was done, also that he's best in the Sith so I think it's long time these guys got fleshed out as a mini faction.

Challenge is to design an Imperial Missionary character to help make them into a sub faction. Unique, non-unique whatever you want.

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, August 19th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, August 21st, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 11:37:12 AM

surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 1:47:32 PM

Regarding the Imp Missionary, while "Victory Without War" is quite an interesting ability, the whole piece just isn't very Imp/Sith like At All.

Having said that, the younger Fel created it and it may be in the "Legends" category now, but it is what it is so ....

Imperial Mission Worker It would've been too easy to do Astraal Vao (No offense GG) so I just said "What did the real Mission do and I came up with this.

For better or worse here she be.

PS - No GG, you haven't distracted me from My Rogue One Mini Set. Cool

Edit - I upped "Financial Aid" to characters between 10-20 pts. I looked at possibilities and decided this is where my comfort zone is BigGrin
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 2:44:00 PM

Awesome stuff Surf! That is actually a lot closer to what I had envisioned for the Imperial mission than even my own. Victory without war is kind of dumb and I never really liked it. You are tempting me to redo mine haha. Only thing I may look at is financial aide, as is, the potential problem complications or those most likely to benefit from it are:
IG-86 at a total of 13 with Gha and her (as much as I would love a swarm of them probably to cheap haha
On a similar note Gauvin death gang at 10 (with her and gha)
Black sun Commanders/characters
Jawa Scavenger at 10
Felucians at 4
Black sun klat thug at 3

There are a few others but I think as is that's pretty potent for making swarm fringe shooters at 3 points. How about making it only reduce the cost by 1? Or alternatively make it melee only? Or lastly keeping it as is but giving them -10 damage? Converting them to the good work so they can use her heal.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 2:45:17 PM

And hahaha I will keep trying to get you in every contest haha
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 2:55:05 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Awesome stuff Surf! That is actually a lot closer to what I had envisioned for the Imperial mission than even my own. Victory without war is kind of dumb and I never really liked it. You are tempting me to redo mine haha. Only thing I may look at is financial aide, as is, the potential problem complications or those most likely to benefit from it are ... Gauvin Death Gang ....Black Sun

...and who seems to get much of the "charity" that is donated? Seem's like it gets funneled into places it shouldn't go to ....

I'm not sure how much you can abuse it; I was thinking Kel Dor BH's; instead of 5 at 65. 5 would cost 50, you could buy 6. Is that Really a big deal? Now the Klat BS Thugs ... maybe I should have raised it up to 8 or 9. Ah well, whats done is done ....

I had a half hour lunch ... I'm still working on my Rogue One Partisans and Commando's
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 3:07:35 PM

Fair enough Surf and it is still a neat idea, that's about the only thing I would change, you could up the lower cost limit like you said. But again really like the direction you went with!
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 12:47:45 PM

Surf I would alter your financial aid to living Fringe, It not like the imps gave a crap about helping out droids, so it works on 2 levels - avoids the IG-86 issue and is more accurate representation.

I came up with this
Imperial Peace Broker
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:21:08 PM

saber1
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:44:19 PM

Moff Konrad Rus

Leader of the Imperial Mission who gives a little boost to the existing Imp Mishes.
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:09:31 PM

@surf: upping the cost threshold for Financial was a good move. Med Pack, while only healing 10 damage is big due to the heal slamming (especially on top of Med Supplies).
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2017 11:02:25 PM

For some reason my account is unable to post comments anymore?? So I'll share them here:

LB, Just trying to figure out peace broker, so you activate a character in your squad in your squad and (optional) if there is an enemy adjacent of equal or lesser cost. And then (optional) you may remove (your or the enemy?) character from play and (non-optional) no one can damage anyone the whole round? If I have it correctly then that last sentence makes it a bit too strong I think. especially if you don't have to kill off an ally. But even then sacrificing scrubs to prevent attacks from everyone is a bit strong.

Jen'ari, The Mission might be too strong as is, 25 point Boba/Cad or 50 point Revan is pretty crazy. Non-uniques only maybe? Or more specific type? Also could an enemy Missionary heal and convert that character for their squad?

Saber, not sure about the first part of the CE, seems like it would epic convert people, which could be fine but no choice? And I may change the wording so Kun's -4 to saves doesn't apply

Surf awesome change and perfect now
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:09:18 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
For some reason my account is unable to post comments anymore?? So I'll share them here:

LB, Just trying to figure out peace broker, so you activate a character in your squad in your squad and (optional) if there is an enemy adjacent of equal or lesser cost. And then (optional) you may remove (your or the enemy?) character from play and (non-optional) no one can damage anyone the whole round? If I have it correctly then that last sentence makes it a bit too strong I think. especially if you don't have to kill off an ally. But even then sacrificing scrubs to prevent attacks from everyone is a bit strong.

I do need to reword it a bit, before initiative you can chose an ally an 1 enemy of equal or less cost adjacent to that character - neither of those character may make attacks (I should add in "or use abilities/force powers that deal damage"). you could sacrifice the chosen ally (giving your opponent victory points), to make it so no damage can be dealt to any characters (ally or enemy) this round - basically gives you a free round to setup your plans, however your opponent gets the same opportunity.

I decided to omit the second part.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 9:59:47 AM

Much better, similar enough to negotiation ability though if you wanted to simplify further?
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, August 17, 2017 4:20:54 PM

Overall its probably better than Negotiation, but negotiation seems to be more flexible (as there are like 4 versions of the ability). It definitely different enough in function to validate its own ability.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 6:27:36 AM

1 saber1
2 surf
3 GG

Jen'ari - could be a fun character, but "The Mission" seems a bit off to me (aside from the this character/that character issue), as the missionaries were trying to help many not just a single being, so I'm kind of lost on the direction there (which might actually play a role in personally finding it to be overly complicated)
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 9:56:25 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:

Jen'ari - could be a fun character, but "The Mission" seems a bit off to me ... overly complicated)

Gotta agree with LB on this one, and since there's only five entries this time out (and I can't vote for myselfCool ) its down to GG, LB & saber1 ... now I just have to figure out who gets what .... Scared
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 2:51:37 PM

GG
LB
Surf

I was at GenCon this week so I didn't get the chance to post one.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 3:03:06 PM

1. Surfrider

2. General grievous

3. Lord ball
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 3:04:54 PM

Sorry I didn't clean up the piece.

Mission is about helping those that need it. It could be anybody you choose as the squad designer.
It sure feels individualist when it is you getting the help.

The mission is a broad term but it is also a personal term. As in you are the mission.
You is both singular and plural.