RegisterDonateLogin

Affinity: Your squad may contain Bloo Milk, regardless of faction.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 70 Bounty Hunter's Challenge Options
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 4:33:50 PM
Groups: Member

spryguy1981 wrote:
Sorry Jen'ari we already have a BHC Luke and I specified one we didn't have a BHC version of in the rules! But you have time to change!

We have a New Republic Luke, not a Rebel Luke

I'll just be disqualified.
blemelisk
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 2:02:36 PM

Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 5:11:31 AM

1 Caedus Cad's attack is probably a little low Hostage Shield should probabaly be 16 not 2, but overall pretty cool.
2 blem a long overdue character
3 spry
Caedus
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 8:49:25 AM

1st Surf - Love Aurra and this piece

2nd Saber - awesome representation

3rd spry - excellent piece
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 9:30:19 AM

Saber- pretty simple techy piece that thematically fits while being outside the box

Surf, she is a monster haha. I have never been a fan of boardwide strafe and she does it brutally so. 80 damage at +25 to every force user on the board seems to strong. I think dropping strafe and giving her mobile instead would have balanced her more. With that change I think she would have been balanced. But sorry I didn't comment before now. I know uniques especially costly ones aren't your jam so I appreciate the entry even more!

Caedus, a natural progression of the existing Cad Banes and a true Clone Wars fitting monster. This is the master hunter from the show I love. Love it!

LB, Ritual of anathema is terrifying haha, and I probably would have stuck with the old Karan's version despite yours being more accurate. I am torn because on the one hand super thematic, on the other hand as much as my namesake is all about the dead jedi I think that power is too strong and could just blatantly win you the day against any force team.

Spry, solid upgrade but a ton going on here, probably could have stood to lose a force power. But he makes a nice epic! You rock at those brother so good stuff for thematic and playable!

Jak, I think this guy almost has too much going on, even for his cost but on the other hand Imperial Droids are always sweet, and that CE makes my Separatist heart smile.

Jen'ari, despite that rage on a Luke will never sit right with me (just like Jedi Hunter on the GH version, sup with that?) and that we technically have a Luke BHC already, you did do a good job making a thematic rebel one, very Return of the Jedi haha

Blem, you took critique well and made a balanced super shooter, not to mention I always like epic Droids or droid boosting abilities. My only complaint is an unwarranted biased one in that it will be super weird to see basically C-3PO trading shots with the likes of Dooku, Yoda, Palpatine and Vader haha. Doesn't feel like a model BHC character. But this is coming from the guy that made a non-unique Vong for it so what do I know haha.

Grievous *introspective* what were you thinking man? A massive Vong beast? Madness. Hahahaha

Very hard to pick a final three this week guys. Great range of variety and ideas here!

1st Caedus, you had me at Clone Wars hahaha, but also your version seemed almost overcosted, which, when dealing with powerhouse-pieces like this actually is probably a good thing.
2nd Blem, Made some solid changes and actually introduced a new character too
3rd Jak, likewise to the new character (funny that they were both evil droids) and awesome job boosting up Dark Troopers who really need it

jak
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 11:31:35 AM

1st-Blem
2nd-LB
3rd-GG
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 4:20:39 PM

1: Caedus: always did like Cad, and this really represents him well
2: saber1: Talon has always interested me from the EU, I hope we might see more of him at some point in the new 'canon'
3: Jak: i like your M-OC, they must be in season 2 (that I havent watched yet) cause i dont remember them being in season 1.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 4:39:59 PM

1. Blem
2. Caedus
3. Jak
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 6:09:57 PM

I'm going to "Recuse" myself on this one guys; I obviously didn't understand the whole BHC concept (Still really don't) so I don't feel qualified to understand it well enough to vote on it.

Carry On.

See ya next contest.
saber1
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 8:09:24 PM

I commented on each entry's page so I'll just jump straight to voting. (If I did overlook anyone's entry, my apologies!)

1st: Blem
2nd: Caedus
3rd: jak
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:02:03 AM

General_Grievous wrote:

LB, Ritual of nathema is terrifying haha, and I probably would have stuck with the old Karan's version despite yours being more accurate. I am torn because on the one hand super thematic, on the other hand as much as my namesake is all about the dead jedi I think that power is too strong and could just blatantly win you the day against any force team.

One thing to consider is the fact that he is geared towards a team of force users (Affinity, Camaraderie, and CE all favor a Force Rating) and unfortunately they are likely to fall victim of the ritual themselves, it really is a last ditch effort ability. You could move your force users out of range, but that gives your opponent opportunity to do the same, or leaves Kaan exposed and would likely fall before pulling it off.

The Vset version of thought bomb is like a minor boost of Unleash the Force and feels like too much of a gimme (when defeated) and really lacks that feel of desperation that the ability deserves (that's just one other thing I never liked about the Vset Kaan).

As is it's really no worse than other precedence in the game such as WotC abilities: Execute Order 66/Force Immunity, and several Vset pieces.

surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 1:13:04 PM

.... so who won?
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:30:59 PM

13 points each for Blem and Caedus, and each have three first place votes and two second place votes, so if voting is done, we have a tie! Congratulations guys and coordinate with each other for a new week!
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:58:06 PM

Blem you go ahead.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:13:44 AM

Good stuff Blem! Post up the next week!