RegisterDonateLogin

If I told you half the things I've heard about this web site, you'd probably short circuit.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Fall 2017 Vassal Regional Pairings and Reporting Options
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 9:10:09 AM
Groups: Member

TimmerB123 wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:
I'm getting so crushed in round 1.

You really need to stop saying statements like this. It just makes your opponents feel worse if they lose. ;)

I watched the tail end of this game. And it was very very close till the end. Yo-Buck did have some bad rolls when I was watching, but this Father squad is very deceptively good. The Inquisitor was already dead when I got there, but the ability to drop 80 auot damage after round 2 is very nice. And Obi-Wan's survivability was cray good. 26 Defense against adjacent enemies with Beskar and Lightsaber D is a very nice combo. Played by an expert player, ths squad will make for some very interesting matches
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 9:11:25 AM

Just finished my game with McNizzle. What a terrible round 1 match up for the both of us. Cloaked Blast Bugs vs Super Stealth Self Destruct. 20+ Acts with possible act control vs 34 activations.

I won map. We played on Outlaw City. He took the right side and set up first. I hate the match up, but I saw that I could collect gambit easy enough, so my plan was to collect gambit, and try to prevent him from getting in the room using my pieces with Aggressive Negotiations, and hiding my cloaked pieces behind them.

First round, was mostly just positioning, but there was a ton of acts. First round chewed up right around 25 minutes and that's with us playing over the phone not typing on Vassal. I was able to collect Gambit opening round. So I'm up 10 to nothing. So start of the 2nd I go to execute the 2nd part of my plan and that's seal off the room with Diplomats. Well I didn't notice this wall at the bottom of the map, and it threw a real monkey wrench into my plan. He was able to Grenades. He killed one of my dudes, and ran a Gran in the room, giving me a chance at an AoO, I passed naturally. Then I ran Dooje Brolo over, shut down his Super Stealth, and blast bugged his Gran, and moved into the spot that his Gran held. Thinking Good Move Bronson! Well turns out he could get line of sight on another diplomat without seeing my Cloaked Warriors, so he grenades again, this time taking down Dooje Brolo. I think I'm sunk at this point, because Dooje was my secret weapon against him. I keep going, knowing that I'm collecting gambit at least, and he isn't. He doesn't really advance on the room, much to my luck. Towards the end of the round, I pop out with my piece holding gambit, and I Blast Bug a gran of his who is adjacent to another piece, and I pick up 8 more points. I pick up another round of gambit.

Third round, I think we had about 6-8 minutes left heading into it. So I want to eliminate as many points as I can that he can rack up. So I pull my guys out of range of his, he is able to kill my piece that I've been racking up gambit with, he loses his piece in the process. I'm able to claim gambit with Quorreal who I ran up the map. I try to place him in the spot where I think the least amount of his guys can grenades him. He grenades, I make my saves, as was par for the course for most of the game. We ended up playing about 25 minutes over time limit.

I collected gambit at the end to take the final score to 46-31, 2pt win for me. McNizzle you are a good sport, that matchup was terrible all around haha. Good luck in the rest of the tournament!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 7:54:06 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Darth Frenchy over FlyingArrow on Outlaw City
3-0

I didn't kill anything.
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, September 17, 2017 8:05:57 PM

All the match ups for Round One are done. Except for Deaths baine and Darth Rattlehead. Deaths Baine could only play this weeekend.... And he never heard a word from Darth Rattlehead. We are going to need a ruling on this situation unless someone can get a hold of both of them and set up a match between the two... Otherwise... Lets set up Round 2 Matches
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 1:01:24 PM

Deaths_Baine sent in the info a long time ago trying to get Darth_Rattlehead to play. Darth_Rattlehead got back to him today w/ 3days left. At this point deaths_baine cannot play the game.

We need a ruling on this. once the ruling is made we can move into round 2
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 1:07:56 PM

I concede move along
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 1:50:53 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
I concede move along

Lame.
Here we go round 2!
Naarkon
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 5:05:18 PM

I should have the next round of pairings up sometime tomorrow.
shmi15
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 5:51:19 PM

Naarkon wrote:
I should have the next round of pairings up sometime tomorrow.

Oh boy..... Round 2 is upon us! I can not wait! Lots of excitement in round 1. Looking forward to some more good and fun match ups for round 2
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 6:35:35 PM

My 1 goal for round 2 -

Put my most important piece on the board!
shmi15
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 6:46:09 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
My 1 goal for round 2 -

Put my most important piece on the board!

This is now my goal for round 2 as well!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 6:50:40 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

urbanjedi wrote:
I'm getting so crushed in round 1.

I got so crushed in Round 1.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 7:56:06 PM

Darth_Frenchy VS FlyingArrow

FlyingArrow Reinforcements: Ugg, Caamasi Noble, Salacious Crumb, Targeting Droid and Rodian Black Sun Vigo

Same map, he wins roll so I choose left side of Outlaw City

RD1: I am able to get gambit through the top doorway, blow some key doors and then hide the demos. He sets up just outside of the First door on the right side, he locks it with Lobot.
RD2: I move vindicated to open a door then launch Jango into the midst of his guys trying to take out Lobot and his targeting guy specifically. First 2 attacks I put on those two... and wouldn't you know it they are both ones!!! I damage some other guys, but miss 4 out of 7 attacks... lol He throws some damage onto Jango, I use the R7 to open the door Lobot had locked and killed his Czerka with the Resurrecter.
RD3: I furious with Jango getting the targeting guy and lobot this time along with some scrubs. He puts all hes got into Jango, but cant get him this round. Misses a ton of shots, catching his end of the crap vassal dice
RD4: He misses his attacks on Jango leaving him at 20hp. I pick off the last of his gents.

All in all a rough matchup for TJ compounded by lucky dice for me and unlucky dice for him.

Final Score 200-0
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 12:35:26 PM

Are you still gonna be able to post match ups today?
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, September 19, 2017 9:01:18 PM

I hurt myself today. To see if I still feel.

FIXED
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 5:47:35 AM

jen'ari wrote:
I hurt myself today. Just to see if still I feel.

Get the quote right! ;)
Naarkon
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 6:10:15 AM

shmi15 wrote:
Are you still gonna be able to post match ups today?

Life got a little crazy and I had to take care of some stuff. New pairings will be up by the original start time of round 2.
Naarkon
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 8:30:19 AM

New pairings are up. Kezza has been dropped since I never received any registration from him.

I have treated the match between Deaths_Baine and DarthRattlehead as a bye for Deaths_Baine and 0 points for DathRattlehead, as I believe that is how similar situations have been handled. If there is another precedent or if you have any feedback, bloomail me or start a new thread on the topic.

Please try to keep this thread for play reports only, it makes it much easier to find the results. Bloomailing me your match results when you are the winner is also appreciated.
kezzamachineII
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 11:28:25 AM

Naarkon wrote:

Name: Kerry Logan
Screen Name: kezzamachineII
Map: Simulation Deck
Squad: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/179162/amphistaff-of-destiny

How come you have all this info from September 11 if I'm not registered?! I sent two BMs to the organiser on the 12th (NZ time) of September. None back. What the hell?
Naarkon
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 12:43:01 PM

kezzamachineII wrote:
Naarkon wrote:

Name: Kerry Logan
Screen Name: kezzamachineII
Map: Simulation Deck
Squad: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/179162/amphistaff-of-destiny

How come you have all this info from September 11 if I'm not registered?! I sent two BMs to the organiser on the 12th (NZ time) of September. None back. What the hell?

I am so sorry man. I must have put you in and then gotten mixed up. Give me a bit, and I'll have it fixed.

Edit: You know what, I think you could be a little more understanding when errors like this happen. I'm doing this on my own time just because I want to, and I'm working with tools (like the bloomail system) that don't work well for this sort of thing. You registered late, and at a time when my inbox was getting filled with messages. I'm still putting you back in, but c'mon man. I'm not getting paid for this.