RegisterDonateLogin

Unlikely to lead to fear, anger, hate or suffering.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Holocrons Options
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 8:04:06 PM
Groups: Member

Are the Holocrons affected by pre set up SA or CE's? Like Dark Master, or Light Tutor? Or Force Bond Are they subject to Force abilities that don't target?

Examples

If I bring the Holocron in through Farfallas Reinforcements, does it gain Army of Light? since the CE happens pre-gameplay? If so, can I then use the Army of Light Consular, which gives all Army of Light Allies Force Bubble, to give the Holocron Force Bubble, which, in turn, would give any OR character Force Bubble?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 8:23:21 PM

Holocrons are not subject to CEs and thus would not gain anything when brought in via reserves/reinforcements when Farfalla is in the squad.

Light Tutor, however, will work on a Holocron as it meets the requirements (Character on your squad). Dark Master won't though, as they are not unique. Force Bond would also work, if there was a bond the Holocron was eligible for.
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 9:39:13 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
Holocrons are not subject to CEs and thus would not gain anything when brought in via reserves/reinforcements when Farfalla is in the squad.

Light Tutor, however, will work on a Holocron as it meets the requirements (Character on your squad). Dark Master won't though, as they are not unique. Force Bond would also work, if there was a bond the Holocron was eligible for.

I guess for some reason I thought if the CE took place before the skirmish started, then it by passed the not subject to CE ability.
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 9:54:19 PM

I also believe that even though you COULD light tutor the Holocron, it wouldn't do much good since per the holocron ability it cannot gain Force Points, thus pretty much defeating the purpose of tutoring it.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2017 10:27:26 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

shmi15 wrote:
Are they subject to Force abilities that don't target?

Depending on what it is/does, yes. If doesn't target, and the stat line or the Holocron ability doesn't exclude it, it probably works.
shmi15
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 8:08:48 AM

swinefeld wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Are they subject to Force abilities that don't target?

Depending on what it is/does, yes. If doesn't target, and the stat line or the Holocron ability doesn't exclude it, it probably works.

Ok, So any Force Ability that does not "target" does in fact work with a Holocron.

How would Dark Master work with it? Dark Master allows you to Spend FP from them, and the Holocron allows you to spend its FP, is there a any type of " Bridge" there.

Random Example

Darth Sidious Dark Masters the Sith Holocron, could who ever is next to the Holocron spend Sidious FP? It doesn't seem like they could. but sometimes I never know!

If the Holocron is in the Imperial faction, can you use Palleons CE to swap it out before the match?

urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 8:22:29 AM

Dark master requires a unique so holocron cannot benefit from dark master

shmi15
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 8:23:32 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
Dark master requires a unique so holocron cannot benefit from dark master

One off the list, and Palleons CE?
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 9:14:46 AM

They cannot be taken out of the squad because they are not subject to commander effects (well that and because they are not an allied imperial commander).

I don't believe they can brought in for the same reason (not subject to CEs), which would also mean you can't bring in any droid or savage character with Pellaeon's CE which I also believe to be correct.
shmi15
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 3:09:42 PM

I guess I am just making this up in my head somewhere that before a Skirmish starts, things that prevent them from being subject to CE , don't work and they are actually subject to them?

So I guess this would be a simpler question, can you swap out a Savage character who is Imp, for another Imp?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2022 9:52:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

shmi15 wrote:
EmporerDragon wrote:

I guess for some reason I thought if the CE took place before the skirmish started, then it by passed the not subject to CE ability.

It's not about whether it's before the skirmish started, but some CEs affect the *player* or the *squad* instead of the character. For those types of CEs, the character might not have to be subject to CEs.