RegisterDonateLogin

More machine than man.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 86 - *TLJ Edition* New non-unique Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 7:23:35 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/8/2010
Posts: 3,133
Alright so last week was a bit slow and I'm hoping to get some more input this week. Still trying to stay away from major spoilers for the handful that haven't seen it, this week's theme in conjunction with Shmi is to create a new non-unique piece from the film.

Praetorian guard, Casino Police, weapons dealers, jedi caretakers, first Order executioner troopers, bomber pilots, heck even porgs or that weird bloomilk seal thing haha. Make some non-uniques!



1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.


You will have until Sat, Jan 6, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.


Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Jan 8th, 2018..
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 8:38:32 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/8/2010
Posts: 3,133
Here is mine:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28585/elite-praetorian-guard

Costed at 25 so you can bring all 8 for an epic match up haha
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 4:32:10 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,029
looks like I'll be sitting this week out as well

But here's an "entry" for your amusement
jak
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 6:18:46 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 10/17/2010
Posts: 3,469
Location: Beggers Canyon Tatooine
I'm back baby!RollEyes

for your amusement, and consideration.

OMG http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28587/porg
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 6:45:04 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,810
All these people sitting out is LAME!

I will probably be making Vulptex or Fathier.

Since we have been introduced to another BB droid, I wonder if there is a BB non-unique possibility. Kind of like the R series (R4, R7, R2, etc).
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 7:10:25 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,029
jen'ari wrote:
All these people sitting out is LAME!

In my defense I find the more I think about the movie the more I dislike it, so for my own sanity, I'd prefer not to think about it.

I sat out the previous 2 weeks because I hadn't quite seen the movie yet until the end of last weeks competition and before that I was busy with the holidays and knew I wasn't going to be able to vote so I just didn't enter.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:34:15 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/8/2010
Posts: 3,133
Lord_Ball wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
All these people sitting out is LAME!

In my defense I find the more I think about the movie the more I dislike it, so for my own sanity, I'd prefer not to think about it.

I sat out the previous 2 weeks because I hadn't quite seen the movie yet until the end of last weeks competition and before that I was busy with the holidays and knew I wasn't going to be able to vote so I just didn't enter.


That's fair LB. We are missing your creativity and sorry you didn't like it. Definitely an entirely new direction for the series. And who knows there may come a time when they push Star Wars so much that even I don't like a movie. But for its shortcomings I still enjoyed it and I'm really hoping the first part of episode 9 is undoing the end of episode 8.
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:58:10 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,234
Man.... I wanted to do the guards as well... But should I do that? Or create something different... Hmm..
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 10:24:59 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/8/2010
Posts: 3,133
shmi15 wrote:
Man.... I wanted to do the guards as well... But should I do that? Or create something different... Hmm..


Well we are already on the Guard train, easily the coolest new non-unique so I say do it up!
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 12:44:20 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,810
Lord_Ball wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
All these people sitting out is LAME!

In my defense I find the more I think about the movie the more I dislike it, so for my own sanity, I'd prefer not to think about it.

I sat out the previous 2 weeks because I hadn't quite seen the movie yet until the end of last weeks competition and before that I was busy with the holidays and knew I wasn't going to be able to vote so I just didn't enter.


I totally understand sitting some out that don't tickle your fancy. I have sat out of two in my day. Both because they were pieces that I didn't want in the game haha (vong was one) or just know nothing about.
I just like seeing other people's design/thoughts. Makes it fun to see different views come out in design
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 2:19:19 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,029
General_Grievous wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
All these people sitting out is LAME!

In my defense I find the more I think about the movie the more I dislike it, so for my own sanity, I'd prefer not to think about it.

I sat out the previous 2 weeks because I hadn't quite seen the movie yet until the end of last weeks competition and before that I was busy with the holidays and knew I wasn't going to be able to vote so I just didn't enter.


That's fair LB. We are missing your creativity and sorry you didn't like it. Definitely an entirely new direction for the series. And who knows there may come a time when they push Star Wars so much that even I don't like a movie. But for its shortcomings I still enjoyed it and I'm really hoping the first part of episode 9 is undoing the end of episode 8.


I like to look at a movie for it's plot and character development first (hence why I actually find the prequels to be good movies, they actually are good storytelling, even if the acting/scripting isn't the best).

The main points behind TLJ's Plot make absolutely no sense, as I outlined in the Last Jedi threads in off topic. Poe and Kylo had good character development, Rey was ok, but not much growth in her character since TFA. That's about it really. It did some interesting things, but ultimately fails for me if you actually think about the plot.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 2:27:29 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,810
Lord_Ball wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
All these people sitting out is LAME!

In my defense I find the more I think about the movie the more I dislike it, so for my own sanity, I'd prefer not to think about it.

I sat out the previous 2 weeks because I hadn't quite seen the movie yet until the end of last weeks competition and before that I was busy with the holidays and knew I wasn't going to be able to vote so I just didn't enter.


That's fair LB. We are missing your creativity and sorry you didn't like it. Definitely an entirely new direction for the series. And who knows there may come a time when they push Star Wars so much that even I don't like a movie. But for its shortcomings I still enjoyed it and I'm really hoping the first part of episode 9 is undoing the end of episode 8.


I like to look at a movie for it's plot and character development first (hence why I actually find the prequels to be good movies, they actually are good storytelling, even if the acting/scripting isn't the best).

The main points behind TLJ's Plot make absolutely no sense, as I outlined in the Last Jedi threads in off topic. Poe and Kylo had good character development, Rey was ok, but not much growth in her character since TFA. That's about it really. It did some interesting things, but ultimately fails for me if you actually think about the plot.


I thought that the movie was about Rey, Kylo, Poe, and Luke's Growth. Which all had substantial development and wonderful plots imo. My only issue with the movie is the timeline for Finn and Rose's mission and the fact that they needed screen time. You can add Phasma and BB-8 to that list as well.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 3:52:12 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/19/2008
Posts: 1,799
Location: Orange County, CA
Well ... back from the great white north (no GG, not That north.) Seattle was 30 degrees. I've lived in SoCal for 50 years and forgot what living in snow's like. I prefer a "cool" 50 myself.

Been also sick for the last few weeks, but I did manage to see the movie twice; the second just to confirm my opinion from the 1st time.

Don't like Rose; she's every millenial I've ever met. Saw lilltle point in Finn the 1st 80% of the movie so last contest was a no go from me. This contest I already did 3 months ago.

In my thread dated 10/03/17 I did the following



Elite Praetorian Guard Not much in Wook yet on these guys, but they were supposed to be samurai type and threatening ….. thought about acrobatic/agile but wanted to keep costs closer to 20 than 30.







... and I must say, considering it was 10 weeks before the movie I think it came out spot on.

Lots of Praetorian Guards out here, but I think mine definitely was "First In." RollEyes


Cheers,

surf
blemelisk
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 4:52:29 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 2/17/2017
Posts: 240
Reserving this space as I plan on making 2 variants of the 'speader' used on Crait: V-4X-D Ski Speeders. One will be when they were new in the comic, and the old run down versions from the movie.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 5:25:53 PM
Rank: Moderator
Groups: Member , Moderator

Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 6,273
Location: Southern Illinois
surf_rider56 wrote:

Elite Praetorian Guard Not much in Wook yet on these guys, but they were supposed to be samurai type and threatening ….. thought about acrobatic/agile but wanted to keep costs closer to 20 than 30.

>image<

... and I must say, considering it was 10 weeks before the movie I think it came out spot on.

Lots of Praetorian Guards out here, but I think mine definitely was "First In." RollEyes


Cheers,

surf


CQF on a Melee attacker that doesn't have any sort of ranged attack?
Bump attack to 12, same thing. Wink

Nifty piece though!
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 5:59:08 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,810
My official entry is the Fathier


http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28590/fathier
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 6:28:07 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 9/19/2008
Posts: 1,799
Location: Orange County, CA
swinefeld wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Elite Praetorian Guard Not much in Wook yet on these guys, but they were supposed to be samurai type and threatening ….. thought about acrobatic/agile but wanted to keep costs closer to 20 than 30.

>image<

... and I must say, considering it was 10 weeks before the movie I think it came out spot on.

Lots of Praetorian Guards out here, but I think mine definitely was "First In." RollEyes


Cheers,

surf


CQF on a Melee attacker that doesn't have any sort of ranged attack?
Bump attack to 12, same thing. Wink

Nifty piece though!


Interestingly enough, CQF +8 Attack = Cost 22; no CQF & +12 Attack = cost 24. Go figure .....
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 7:07:27 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,234
Ok... So I went with a crazy one. Input greatly appreciated to see how he should be. Wording on some abilities are odd, but the general idea is there.



http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28591/siege-cannon
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 7:16:48 PM
Rank: Moderator
Groups: Member , Moderator

Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 6,273
Location: Southern Illinois
surf_rider56 wrote:
Interestingly enough, CQF +8 Attack = Cost 22; no CQF & +12 Attack = cost 24. Go figure .....


That's why I consider cost-calculators a rather loose baseline, then try to factor in/out the 'intangibles', not that I'm very good at it either way. Laugh

aside:
I need to dig through my files for card templates and set up an app, because seeing stuff in card form is more fun (and practical, for gauging space concerns at least). BlooMilk
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 7:18:40 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 1,234
surf_rider56 wrote:
Well ... back from the great white north (no GG, not That north.) Seattle was 30 degrees. I've lived in SoCal for 50 years and forgot what living in snow's like. I prefer a "cool" 50 myself.

Been also sick for the last few weeks, but I did manage to see the movie twice; the second just to confirm my opinion from the 1st time.

Don't like Rose; she's every millenial I've ever met. Saw lilltle point in Finn the 1st 80% of the movie so last contest was a no go from me. This contest I already did 3 months ago.

In my thread dated 10/03/17 I did the following



Elite Praetorian Guard Not much in Wook yet on these guys, but they were supposed to be samurai type and threatening ….. thought about acrobatic/agile but wanted to keep costs closer to 20 than 30.







... and I must say, considering it was 10 weeks before the movie I think it came out spot on.

Lots of Praetorian Guards out here, but I think mine definitely was "First In." RollEyes






Cheers,

surf





I guess you have this point costed as far as SA/Base abilities.... But still... CQF makes no sense on a piece with only Melee attack. Thats my biggest issue by far tho.
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Bloo Milk Theme Created by shinja
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net.
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.