RegisterDonateLogin

Our operation is small enough not to be noticed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 88 The Midcost Beat Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 5:54:40 AM
Groups: Member

I'm posting the theme, if someone passes my total we can always disregard this.

The challenge this week is to create a Melee Beatstick that cost between 30-40. This is that range I feel we could use some more good characters, specifically OR and Sith so I want it to be one of those 2 factions, cost 30-40, Unique or Non-Unique.

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Jan 13, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Jan 15th, 2018..
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 9:09:13 AM

Busy day (phone wise) however, I've been working on this guy for about a month, ready to consign him to the backburner and I said "oh, why not ...."

Harch Dark Side Killer He actually started as a unique just because I wanted to use a funky Latin name but I just couldn't do it. He seems to fit Spry's criteria and since I've just done an Old Republic piece, here he is. I imagine he'd be quite the tank with a force battery, but he has No ranged defense so ... we have "Balance" in the Force, sorta Cool

Cheers,

surf
shmi15
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 10:31:23 AM

Hmm... tough options for me, but I will look, and find something in the Disney Universe to create for the Sith, as OR have yet to be established!
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 10:40:23 AM

Since I used my Sylvar a few CCCs back I guess I'll opt for the rotund Brotherhood of Darkness member...
Lord Kopecz
shmi15
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 12:21:16 PM

Alright, phase 1 of this guy is up. A complete shot in the dark on some things. But I am trying to go with a decent fighter, who can gain Lightsaber wielders throughout the fight.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28648/unidentified-jedi
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 4:29:14 PM

Since my other entry is over 40 points here is another one.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/15088/darth-maul--sith-assassin
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, January 15, 2018 6:38:02 PM

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
Since my other entry is over 40 points here is another one.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/15088/darth-maul--sith-assassin

Don't change your entry just becaue "I" said something. No one died and made Me president (but if there's a pay raise involved, we can talk!) RollEyes

Just change something. We do it all the time, or as Yoda said "Do, or do not, there is no try."
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:57:36 AM

I changed my mind guys!! That's my entry! Any thoughts???
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28650/alek-squint--jedi-knight
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 11:58:58 AM

After seeing Vader in the Sith, something I'm still not sure how I feel about, I wanted to create a new more powerful Kylo Ren but was kind of feeling the non-unique angle today. So instead here is a totally opposite idea from the KOTOR 2 world:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28647/sith-assassin-overlord
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 1:59:58 PM

Okie dokie here is my go:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28651/sithspawn--wookie-

To me the words Sith Spawn and Sith Mutant are interchangeable, however the rules may not say that, and the average person playing the game might not think so, so I put it in one of my newly created SAs. This and the Alchemist should make for a VERY deadly combination.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, January 19, 2018 12:08:23 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, January 19, 2018 1:21:22 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Busy day (phone wise) however, I've been working on this guy for about a month, ready to consign him to the backburner and I said "oh, why not ...."

Harch Dark Side Killer He actually started as a unique just because I wanted to use a funky Latin name but I just couldn't do it. He seems to fit Spry's criteria and since I've just done an Old Republic piece, here he is. I imagine he'd be quite the tank with a force battery, but he has No ranged defense so ... we have "Balance" in the Force, sorta Cool

Cheers,

surf

Interesting melee swarm killer Surf, seems costed right and fairly balanced by weakness to range/direct damage and being all offence. Good stuff!
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 11:48:40 AM

Lord Ball - I like this Kopecz, and he has the HP to soak up the damage. And Disruptive with him evens some of the playing field. I do feel like Kopecz deserves GMA. He was the swordmaster of the Sith.

CorranHornSux - I actually love "Extra blade" Even tho he almost always ignited both, he did occasionally only throw one out there ( Qui-Gon) He can be dropped in with Revan, and thats a deadly 120 right there. Parry keeps him alive, and I think he is a very aggressive piece. Parry MAY be a bit much with Force Cloak. But, I honestly like it alot.

Alexthegreat- Alex, I actually think you made an awesome thematic piece. I can totally see where you got these abilities. I would've costed him a little lower, just because of how thematic he is he needs a specific group to be good.

General Grievous - Man, this has a lot going on. Honestly It all looks good on a Unique piece. But it being non unique is just odd to me that it would be so dominate. Great stats and idea, I just wish it were a Unique instead of a Non UNique :(

blemelisk - talk about a walking Brick. His defense keeps him in check for sure, but 150HP is no joke. Is this suppose to be a zombie character? Battering charge is a bit much tho. 40 damage to all adjacent enemies from 12/14 squares away, and move them back is vicious... Just vicious.

Spryguy - I think this guy could be costed a bit cheaper. He gets 1 big swing and if it goes through thats good, but if its blocked, then he is a sitting duck. Nice and simple, but I think over costed.

Surf - I actually looked up this species to get more of an idea, but unfortunately not much on them :( I think you represented 6 arms being able to attack very well. But with such a low HP, I just don't see him as much of an issue to deal with, and he may get his ability off once... If he is lucky. I also think this guy is slightly over costed.

1. CorranHornSux

2. AlexTheGreat

3. Lord Ball

* Whoops, I was writing them down and rearranging them, and forgot to put Lord Ball in his spot!
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 12:02:26 PM

You voted for chs twice
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 12:14:24 PM

Surf, you are the king of non-unique and it's demonstrated by your heavy offense showing here.

LB, appropriately you created another Lord haha. But I'm not a fan of disruptive in the Sith, otherwise solid stuff and I choose my side is an interesting ability too.

Shmi, I really like the outside the box character you created here. Heavy on abilities but being unique and "The First" I'll ignore it because they fit so well as a schism-type piece that breaks the old Jedi order into the Sith. Great stuff and theme is beautiful here.

CHS, probably could have simplified Extra blade and just called it twin. I also would have dropped Stealth as most other characters only have one or the other (Stealth/cloaked/force cloak) But a Maul with Assassin is so appropriate that it outshines all else.

Alex, yes! Simple and effective! This feels like a good WOTC piece and that's a compliment!

Blem, I do appreciate you dropping GMA, but this guy still feels far to strong to me for his cost. I do like the idea of regen and battering charge though and thought you executed a Sith experiment well.

Spry, another streamlined, simple and effective piece that just feels Star Wars. You are an excellent designer and it shows here. No critique.

Very hard to choose between my top two spots but in the end I had to give Alex the nod for creating the only OR character (and still giving him hints of the Sith). Likewise the contention for third place was also a hard choice. But in the end there can only be three:

3rd, Shmi
2nd, Spry
1st, Alex
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:21:45 PM

1. Alex
2. Surf
3. GG
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:25:51 PM

1. Shimi
2. GG
3. Spry
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 7:23:35 AM

1 Surf Who wouldn't love a lightsaber wielding spider-man?
2 Spry
3 GG

Some very cool idea/designs
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 8:09:16 AM

3 GG Love the damage output , great low cost beatstick

2 Shmi I loved your piece man, affinity for old republic jedi rocks!!! ( I never thought I would vote for a disney character, I hope it will be the first and last time hahaha)

1 Lord Ball I like your piece a lot, even though I still believe you could lower it's hp to let's say 120. Big fan of low cost simple pieces!

An honorable mention to spryguy ( I believe that you could lower the cost, Charging assault+ momentum= GROOVY)

Awesome job everyone!! Next time more Old Republic faction pieces hahahaha!!
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 9:28:23 AM

LB - Lord Kopecz - Costed it at 41; close enough. Well, the "moment in time" explains some; not sure I agree with Riposte. Choose My Side is an interesting idea.

shmi15 - Unidentifed Jedi - Technically, isn't he the First Sith Lord (as opposed to unidentified?) Parry & LT2 are obviously extrapolations; I'm ok with Parry but LT2 may be a bit advanced for a lightsaber ability on an "Unidentified player." He also seems rather powerful, base-stats wise. Not sure I'm comfortable with That either, and they seem high for a 35 point character. I costed him at 44 Without FP's; With his FP's he more like 64 pts. Way past contest parameters.

CH123 - Darth Maul, Sith Assassin - Costed at 42 without FP's; with FP's 49. Thats just too much.Like the idea of a Maul, Sith Assassin.

Alex - Squint - I actually kinda like this guy. Costed 45, which is close enough.

GG - Sith Assassin Overlord - Costed 35 without FP's or CE. Costed 42 overall, slightly overcosted but not ridiculously so.

blem - Sithspawn - I actually costed it at 37, so overcosted a tad. An updated Mutant and a Wook at that. Interesting.

spry - Darth Stryfe. Costed it at 34 so overcosted; and as has been said, a simple hard hitting piece. Nice.

Rant following ..... This is Not an attack, just an opinion and I apologize, I should have mentioned this earlier in your custom section but been busy .....I find it fascinating shmi that you dinged me for only having a 90 hp piece and therefore he wouldn't survive, yet your piece is massively, IMO, undercosted. The contest is to make a 40 point max piece, not the perfect piece. As GG said, my guys a rolling tank with flaws. Something has to be sacrificed to remain at cost, yet you give your piece high base stats,10 SA's and FP's + a CE and think its costed at 35? Not sure how you costed it. I'm also surprised frankly that no one Else thought it was undercosted.

Votes to come ......

... and they're here.

3rd Place Alex. I like Squint as he's getting more powerful and heading closer to Darth-ness.

2nd Place Spry. Nice solid piece.

1st Place Blem. Updating the Sith Mutant is a Great idea.

Honorable Mentions to LB & GG. Like the pieces but didn't quite feel the love of the 3 winners.

PS shmi, you said my piece was overcosted; yet yours had 50 more HP, 3 more Defense, 2 more Attack, we had the same amount of SA's (I'll give you I had Triple to your Double Attack) you had 2 more FP's and a CE ... yet yours was costed 35 to mine being costed at 37 and "I" was overcosted????