RegisterDonateLogin

Will make point five past light speed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Holocron, Jedi and Sith Holocron FAQ Options
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 1:15:20 PM
Groups: Member

This should be pretty comprehensive. Swinefeld can correct me if I have any errors in it. If you have other questions please ask, and I will try and answer. Some of these may be different than what was ruled at Gencon, as I believe I may have mis-interpreted a couple of questions at gencon.

Holocron SA

1. How does it work?

During its turn, a holocron can choose an adjacent ally with a lightsaber that doesn't already have a holocron attached and become "attached" to it.

2. What does that mean?

The Chosen Ally can spend the holocron's force points to use an force powers the Holocron has so
a. Move Faster
b. Reroll an attack or save
c. Any other force power the holocron has

3. How does the holocron move?

When the chosen ally moves or changes position, the holocron is then placed in any legal adjacent square to the chosen ally

4. Can a holocron hold a door open?

Yes

5. Can a holocron score gambit?

No, per the glossary, holocrons cannot score victory points

6. Do I have to attach the holocron every round?

No, it remains attached to the chosen ally until such time as the chosen ally is defeated, the holocron itself is defeated, or you choose to attach to a different character

7. Can I choose to unattach the holocron just because?

No, once attached, it cannot un-attach unless it attaching to another legal ally or the original chosen ally is defeated

8. Can I choose to attach to another ally?

Yes, if the ally is adjacent, unique, and has a lightsaber

9. How do I defeat a holocron?

a. the holocron has no Force Points
b. no Unique allies adjacent at the end of the holocrons turn

10. Is there any way I can take Force Points away from the holocron? or do I have to wait for my opponent to use them all up.

yes, you can. Any adjacent character can replace its attack to remove two force points from the holocron. Additionally, any character can also spend 1 force point during its turn to remove 2 Force Points

11. So can Darth Maul run adjacent to the holocron, replace his attacks to remove 2 Force Points and then spend a Force Point to remove another 2, thus removing 4 total Force Points?

no. An enemy cannot do both on the same turn, but an enemy could spend two Force points to remove 4 Force points if they are able to spend multiple Force points on a turn.

SITH Holocron Specific

1. Does Dark Allure provoke AoOs?

Not at this time. The precedent is that non-voluntary movement does not provide AoOs

2. With Sith Lore, do my enemies get Force Renewal as well?

Yes, while the holocron is unactivated ALL characters with a force rating within 6 get Force Renewal 1.

3. More about Sith Lore, can I spend the Sith Holocrons force points on my own force powers

Yes, Sith Lore allows you to spend the Sith Holocrons Force Points on your own Force Powers, but the character cannot spend its own force points in the same turn

4. So Caedus could use the Sith Holocrons Force to use Sith Battle Manipulation? Could he do it twice?

Yes and yes

5. Could Darth Maladi use Burst Lightning twice using MOTF2 from the holocron?

Yes, Darth Maladi could use the Holocrons FPs to Burst Lightning twice as the only way she can use MOTF2 is if she is using the Holocrons FP. She could not do if she were using his own FP since she does not have MOTF2 on her card

JEDI Holocron specific

1. Can I use Light inspiration on the same character I am attaching to on the turn I am attaching?

No, you cannot replace your turn to move a character and then attach to that character. If you were already attached, you could move the character you were attached to and still remain attached.

2. Can I use the Jedi Holocrons FP on my own abilities?

No, The holocron ability says you can only spend the holocrons on Force Powers the Holocron has, so

a. Move Faster
c. In this case Lightsaber DEfense as the Jedi Holocron has that special ability

More GENERAL questions

1. If I use some ability like Barrel Through, Sith Battle Manipulation, or Force Repulse that moves multiple characters can I separate the holocron from its carrier?

Depends on the order you do it. Whenever you make the carrier change positions, it will reposition the holocron, so you could

a. Move Holocron, move carrier (and then holocron would go adjacent to carrier) or
b. Move Carrier (holocron would move adjacent to carrier) and then if the holocron was still in range or able to be moved by the ability, you could move the holocron at that point

2. If my opponent moves my carrier, who places the holocron?

The Carrier places the holocron in a legal adjacent square. If there are no legal squares, place in the nearest square

DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:58:59 AM

Holocron's cannot score victory points and Fallen Jedi is NU and not eligible to carry a Holocron.
Otherwise, Jason has covered it well.

Glossary Entry: Holocron This character is a crystalline storage device for Force Powers. It cannot move on its own and does not count as living, a legal target or the nearest enemy. It's not subject to commander effects and does not provide cover or block movement. It cannot gain Force points or spend to use Force Powers. It cannot score victory points for occupying specified areas in scenarios that include such victory conditions. On its turn, this character may choose a Unique adjacent ally with Lightsaber who is not currently chosen by Holocron until that chosen ally is defeated. That ally may use this character's Force Powers as if they were its own by spending this character's Force points instead of their own. Allies cannot spend this character's Force points and their own during the same turn. Whenever the chosen ally changes position on the battle grid this character is immediately placed into an adjacent legal square. On their turn, adjacent enemies can either spend 1 Force point or replace attacks to remove 2 Force points from this character. An enemy cannot do both on the same turn, but an enemy could spend two Force points to remove 4 Force points if they are able to spend multiple Force points on a turn. If at the end of its turn this character has no Force points or no Unique allies adjacent, it is defeated.]
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 11:20:57 AM

thanks Bryan. Edited the original post to reflect that.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 11:35:29 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Quote:
On their turn, adjacent enemies can either spend 1 Force point or replace attacks to remove 2 Force points from this character. An enemy cannot do both on the same turn, but an enemy could spend two Force points to remove 4 Force points if they are able to spend multiple Force points on a turn.

One more correction (11.)
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, September 7, 2017 4:07:47 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Quote:
On their turn, adjacent enemies can either spend 1 Force point or replace attacks to remove 2 Force points from this character. An enemy cannot do both on the same turn, but an enemy could spend two Force points to remove 4 Force points if they are able to spend multiple Force points on a turn.

One more correction (11.)

corrected
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 8:11:10 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
5. Could Darth Maladi use Burst Lightning twice using MOTF2 from the holocron?

Yes, Darth Maladi could use the Holocrons FPs to Burst Lightning twice as the only way she can use MOTF2 is if she is using the Holocrons FP. She could not do if she were using his own FP since she does not have MOTF2 on her card

No, The holocron ability says you can only spend the holocrons on Force Powers the Holocron has, so

a. Move Faster
c. In this case Lightsaber DEfense as the Jedi Holocron has that special ability

I thought I'd share another way to explain it in case it's helpful for anyone else.

The character carrying the holocron has her own Force Points and Force Powers.
The holocron has its own Force Points and Force Powers (which include Move Faster and FPRR, in addition to those listed).

With the light-side holocron, these things never mix so it's not too complicated. On any given turn, she can use her own Force Points on her own Force Powers, or instead she can use the holocron Force Points on the holocron Force Powers. No problem.

For the Sith Holocron, the Sith Lore SA allows its carrier to also use holocron Force Points on her own Force Powers (but NOT the other way around). So she still picks a pool of Force Points - either her own or the holocron's. If she uses her own Force Points, she only uses her own Force Powers (just like the light-side holocron). But if she uses the holocron Force Points, she can use any combination of her own and the holocron's Force Powers.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 8:40:26 PM

This is a useful thread.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:06:52 PM

urbanjedi wrote:

JEDI Holocron specific

a. Move Faster

From the glossary:

"That ally may use this character's Force Powers as if they were its own by spending this character's Force points instead of their own."

The Holocron SA grants access to the Holocron's Force Powers while using the Holocron's Force points. This is also the only way that the carrier is granted access to the Holocron's Force points. It might be better to say, "The holocron ability only says you can spend the holocron's Force points on Force Powers the Holocron has..." On the Sith Holocron, Sith Lore provides another way to access the Holocron's Force points, but for the Jedi Holocron, the only way to access the Holocron's Force points is when using its Force Powers.

(I'm not raising any questions or making any corrections. Just stating it another way.)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2022 9:43:04 AM

I found this and made it a sticky thread for easier access.