RegisterDonateLogin

Do not defy the Bloo Milk, Master, not again.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 93 - Custom Character with Custom Abilities Options
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 5:57:57 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

shmi15 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
Shmi brother, waaay overthinking it. Just create, have fun, help with friendly critiques for others and then vote on what you think the best or most accurate pieces to a week's theme. This week is just a new custom character with two custom abilities so really vote however you want. Sometimes people's pieces don't mesh with my ideals of what constitutes a "good piece" either, so we try to be unbiased and helpful in tweeking each other's designs for the better.

Anyways all that being said, wasn't sure which direction to go so entering a design I cooked up awhile back for a different week and never ended up using:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28150/villip-gnullith-hybrid-stalk

He asked me for this information. I was only letting him know how I rated it.

And its all friendly, hopefully no one has a bad day because their CCC was critiqued a way they didn't like.

BlooMilk
blemelisk
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:07:49 PM
Groups: Member

Looking for honest input:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30790/veteran-imperial-commander

Currently Id say he is....20ish? Maybe?

Im looking at 2ish paths to finish him:

1: he remains imperial only (keeps name) and:
Add ability: -2 cost to Mounted weapon characters in squad (so to get a few more gropos or maybe another MW character)

2a: he is slightly renamed and can be in a Republic squad as well
Affinity added only.
Done

2b: same as 2a but also add
Add ability: -2 cost to Mounted weapon characters in squad

I have created a piece yet again to try and help huge pieces. This guy doesnt directly increase their combat abilities, but does make them more mobile, and makes huge pieces more useful to a squad. He also removes a burden for some troopers making them indeed far more combat effective. To me this piece makes the most sense in either an Imperial Squad (x)or Republic squad. The only other type of squad that this could be useful in is a Sep squad, but that character would look a lot different (similar abilities sure, but otherwise would be droid or etc).

This character, to be able to use his abilities, would have to be near the front lines and thus will be vulnerable. I didnt give him much survivability on purpose, and thus you might want to bring some bodyguards or some other way to protect him. I also made him subject to CEs (he is only a commander after all and thus would answer to those above that rank), so as to give him your chosen boosts in combat effectiveness which he shares with other troops, after all he is a veteran.

Please note, his final cost will be decided once I have him finished. He currently isnt finished. If i get 0 feedback on him I will finish him Sat night with (likely) the 2b option above, as it would in my opinion make him the most useful and most playable while (hopefully) not being "too much."
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 6:51:01 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Must say, lots of people have been commenting on lots of custom pieces, which is great for the game and a good way to exchange ideas however much we tease the crap out of each other BlooMilk

High fives to one and all. ThumbsUp

Cheers

s

+1 much respect and good stuff
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:24:07 PM

Surf the only thing I'm not sure on is move in for the kill, feels not super useful and adds complexity/having to count before you move. But everything else is sound and I really like the dishonest ability. Also thanks for sharing the colouring process!
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:36:37 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Surf the only thing I'm not sure on is move in for the kill, feels not super useful and adds complexity/having to count before you move. But everything else is sound and I really like the dishonest ability. Also thanks for sharing the colouring process!

Like Ephant Mon, this Chevin is Speed 4; but Wook says they can move much faster when they need to. MIFTK lets him temporarily lose the Speed 4 restriction. If he gains Mobile Attack he'd be better at attacking with Speed 6 than Speed 4 (gaining Mobile And Twin would be even Better. Cool ) FYI Dishonest is now Thief in Chevin 2.0 BlooMilk
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:32:46 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

Like Ephant Mon, this Chevin is Speed 4; but Wook says they can move much faster when they need to. MIFTK lets him temporarily lose the Speed 4 restriction. If he gains Mobile Attack he' be better at attacking with Speed 6 than Speed 4 (gaining Mobile And Twin would be even Better. Cool ) FYI Dishonest is now Thief in Chevin 2.0 BlooMilk

Unrelated question about Thief. Most of the supplies SAs grant a specific action you can do, rather than one that just is. How does stealing Relay Orders via Communications Supplies function here?
Lord_Ball
Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 6:45:17 AM

The way I interpret it, is you would treat it as though instead of thief the Chevin had whatever supplies ability. Which if that's the intent then it should probably Grant an immediate use of the ability.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 7:11:04 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
The way I interpret it, is you would treat it as though instead of thief the Chevin had whatever supplies ability. Which if that's the intent then it should probably Grant an immediate use of the ability.

My intent is not to gain the the ability (ex. Medical Supplies) but use it to gain Grenades 10, Heal 10, Relay Orders, or Satchel charge for himself. Once he has he can then use it the rest of the skirmish.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 11:19:00 AM

Oh so it's like he was the recipient of it
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 11:50:51 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
Oh so it's like he was the recipient of it

... well yes, as a "Thief" he is the "recipient" of the ability BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 6:29:44 PM

The group has tweaked everything just about within an inch of each characters life. The voting may look like a knife fight in a dark ally ..... wait that was grading my Period Six Honors class. Come to think of it, it'll still be that nasty.

On a more serious note, about a year ago, for whatever reason, we stopped colating our enries into one post, making it harder to review each character easily. I would like to reinstate this practice. Here is what we have so far. Should someone throw a new piece in before voting starts tomorrow night, I will add it to the list.

cheers

surf

CHS - http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/24127/mandalorian-invasion-trooper

shmi - http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30775/mr-bones

LB - http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30776/rebel-turncoat

swine - http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/11075/x-7

Alex - http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30700/knight-of-zakuul

jen - http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30777/shadow-killer

jak - http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30773/ssi-ruuk-warrior

GG - http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28150/villip-gnullith-hybrid-stalk

NewGuy - http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30782/maul

blem - http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30790/veteran-imperial-commander

surf

swinefeld
Posted: Friday, February 23, 2018 7:56:31 PM

I wasn't involved a year ago, but I had a similar thought this morning and made myself a list so I wouldn't overlook anyone's entry.

Thanks! BlooMilk
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, February 24, 2018 9:22:03 AM

I will vote on everyone tonight or tomorrow....

Surf - The 16/40 is nice, and a Czerka giving him twin means he can be a pretty good shooter. There are some things that slow him down, Speed 4 and then one of his bonuses having to be within 6 of a Commander. Not a broken design, but not something I'm jumping to play either.

Jenari - I think this piece makes Nightsister squads interesting, but I also see it having a place in some other factions as just a good piece. Talon Squads she can work in, Imps also. Nice design.

GG - Nothing broken about this character.. And I don't think its designed bad. Unfortunately I never play Vong, and I refuse to play against Vong also, so its hard for me to tell you all the interactions that could go on with changing a Fringe character. Off the list you gave me I don't know how many you could fit in a squad to try and break a single Fringe piece.

CHS - I think this piece is very thematic in the Invasion aspect. I like the idea of getting a bonus for having more in your squad, seems neat. I also think it could see some table time in some squads, which is very interesting. Nice Mando build!

LB - I still think I am against being able to swap anyone all the way into your opponents starting area. I don't mind him setting up in the enemy territory, but not while being subject to CE. Very clever idea, and in some factions I think it could work in. But Imps is not one of them.

Swine - I think you nailed this character. I love the complete Assassin feel to him. Proper abilities, and nothing I think is broken. Nice work for sure.

Alex -Alex I think this is the best character you have made. And its not a knock on any other design, I just really like this piece. Eternal Empire is awesome, and I wish more abilities restricted squad building like that. Would love to see you flesh out this Subfaction with future CCC pieces!

Jak - Very tough piece. He has really strong survivability. But without benefitting from CE's, he loses a lot of his firepower... I would have to sit down and try and build some squads for him to fit in... Maybe something with more SA than CE? I dunno.

NewGuy - I think you made a very fun Maul, and a very unique one. I would play this guy also, I think he is very playable for his cost, and performs some unique functions on top of being a good enough attacker. I liked Maul from the show, and I think this is a very good representation of him. Nice work!

Blem - Wow... This is a very very unique way to design a character, and give Mounted Weapon some playability... I need to look at some combos with this before I actually grade it... I honestly don't know much about it. So I will add you to the list of finalists for this week until I see more with him.

Wow... Lots of great characters this week. I'll have to look harder at these guys to decide on the top 3 and an order.

Swine
Alex
Jenari
CHS
Newguy
Blem

Ok.... This was a very tough week to judge. It came down to some close calls.. BUt I went with what I would play/ be excited to play if the rest of it was fleshed out...

First Alex ( The SA EE is what made me vote for you first. Absolutely love squad building conditions.)

Second NewGuy

Third Swine
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 5:50:20 AM

@surf, I was clicking the link you posted surf and when I clicked mine it went to a different piece. Mine is the nihhtsisters shadow killer
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 8:26:56 AM

jen'ari wrote:
@surf, I was clicking the link you posted surf and when I clicked mine it went to a different piece. Mine is the nihhtsisters shadow killer

Apoligies, it's what happens at the end of a long day. Fixed. Cool
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 9:59:28 AM

Initial thoughts as I get ready for a Ducks/Edmonton game (thought of you GG.)

BHS - Has certainly changed since the beginning; I say it not as a bad thing. I'm no Mando guy so I'm not sure what to say.

shmi - Thematic from the book; my only question regarding playablity wise is now that I'v stared at it for a few days is that if it was coming at me I'd shoot it to pieces hard enough that ARMS wouldn't help (What does the acronym ARMS actually mean?)

LB - The whole infiltrate/espionage thing still seems like it still needs debate regarding its usefulness, and frankly I'm not sure what to cost them. As is I'd say he's north of 17 but I'm not sure.

swine - Very interesting piece; an assassin with potential speed 8; more useful against loner's I think because you can't take your eyes off it because of SS. Could be quite the pain.

Alex - Lightsaber Pike seems to have moved in since last I checked; seems to be nothing more than Twin Melee 2, which is a sneaky way to get two abilities for the price of one. Jen also said 5 days ago Zak Armor is too much like Dark armor and I agree with that. The debate centered around Imp/Sith Faction and we didn't spend the time to talk about what Blem said a few days ago in that the three "new" abilities all sound like renamed old abilites; EE - Rival, Z Armor - Dark Armor and Pike - Twin Melee 2.

jen - Now that I look at it, Vanish looks like Shapeshifter in that it can't be targeted by non-adjacents. Looks interesting but I'm still not sure how the combo's would work. Dart and Vanish (Cloaked with the added "Replaces attacks") ... I get the idea, just not sure if the mechanics feel right.

jak - Still looks like its undercosted for such a powerful piece to me but if every else is ok with it ... Also, now that I look at this, is Double Claw how you get around not having melee on this; think so just not sure.

GG - Not a Vong guy at all; seems interesting but other than my joke about more "supplies" to steal, not sure what to say.

NewGuy - Costed about right; interesting idea bringing Ezra into Fringe, not sure I like Holo having that change squad part ....

blem - Another piece that's changed tremendously since I last saw it. CA still seems interesting. Who has HW still seems to be a question unanswered, so not sure what to make of VI, but I like the direction of losing HW.

Votes hopefully after the game. Go Ducks BigGrin
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 9:32:15 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

shmi - Thematic from the book; my only question regarding playablity wise is now that I'v stared at it for a few days is that if it was coming at me I'd shoot it to pieces hard enough that ARMS wouldn't help (What does the acronym ARMS actually mean?)

BigGrin

Ya know, I have no idea... I don't have the book with me, and I can't seem to find it anywhere...

jen'ari
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 3:24:37 AM

@surf

Vanish gives her cloaked.

Cloaked is like "super Stealth" still has to be in cover.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 5:34:22 AM

shmi15 wrote:
LB - I still think I am against being able to swap anyone all the way into your opponents starting area. I don't mind him setting up in the enemy territory, but not while being subject to CE. Very clever idea, and in some factions I think it could work in. But Imps is not one of them.

I changed it to a small base sized alien as the turncoat (all these Polis Massans I have can finally be used for something!) when swapping was first brought up, therefore you can't really swap in anything too crazy. To explain any swap shenanigans - it would be as though they were disguised as someone else only to remove their disguise revealing the ewok assassin he truly is!

who to vote for... tough choices

1 jen - I think one of the best uses for the Dart is probably to try and burn through an enemy Force Users FP
2 shmi - a semi-beastly droid, but nothing too crazy really
3 blem - name could probably be simplified to just "Veteran Commander"
jak
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 7:23:58 AM

SR-." Also, now that I look at this, is Double Claw how you get around not having melee on this; think so just not sure."

the same way the Togorian Black Sun Vigo doesCool
in fact, none of the 12 characters with DCA have meleeOMG