Will make point five past lightspeed.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

World Vassal Regional 2018 Standings and Play Reports Only Options
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, April 8, 2018 5:11:35 PM
Groups: Member

played Urbanshmi and won 204 - 32

We played in the Pen.

Vitiate's long run to get to my guys was tough, but she managed to get him there without taking any damage. Once he was there his presence was felt.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, April 9, 2018 6:35:01 PM

thereisnotry defeats Flying Arrow 207-105

Map: Throne Room. TJ hadn't played many competitive games on this map, so I had a bit of an advantage there. TJ chose the left side, and placed Bastilla and the Wookiee Commander in the Blast Door area, with the rest of his guys in the big room on that side. I set up on the right side of the map near the top, rather than the bottom.

Round 1: Just positioning. I send all my guys directly toward Gambit, and TJ moves most of his guys that way too. One of his Wookiees hitched a ride on the Kitty. He also activated ABM.

Round 2: Some more positioning, but then I manage to get some shots with Ezra and then Kanan, killing TJ's XT-6 Droid and Wookiee Warrior, respectively. Then TJ sent the Wookiee-Kitty missile of death straight at Ezra, dropping him in 2 shots. Shortly afterward Ven moved up to TRIPLE for 30s against Kanan, and then Push him for 20 more; Kanan didn't enjoy that, not one bit (sitting at 20hp right now). I responded with a Gernade 40 which caught the Wookiee and Kitty and Ven in its blast; Ven was nimble, Ven was quick...the fur-creatures, not so much. Leia stepped up to put the Kitty down. Animal rights activists cried out in protest, but then were silenced because she made it legal. Meanwhile Ahsoka went down through the main door in gambit to kill an Ug and a Wookiee Scoundrel via Rolling Cleave. She then dodged and deflected some shots.

Round 3: TJ wins init and uses his last Scoundrel to triple at +14 for 40s vs Ahsoka: Crit on the first shot (lucky Defense save for the jedi!), then a miss, which makes her disappear. I respond by using Kanan one last time for a Barrage that hits Ven (no damage), the R7 (dead), and Tott (20 dmg). Ven moves away from Leia and kills Kanan ("You killed Kanan! You b@st@rd!" lol), but Leia hit a lucky AoO shot for 10 dmg. Leia was a boss this game, I gotta say. Ahsoka jumps over Tott to kill the last Wookiee (other than the Commander), and takes 2 solid hits to the face from Tott, bringing her down to 60 hp. TJ keeps ABM on at the end of the round, knowing that if he wins the next init he can kill Ahsoka with Tott.

Round 4: He does win the init, but doesn't kill anything with Tott. Ahsoka survives with 30hp and jumps over to Assault Ven to death, then roll behind a wall of her friends to catch her breath. With only Tott left in the fight (and the Wookiee Commander on the way in) I pour the rest of my attacks into Tott that round after a nice grenade at the Wookiee.

Round 5: TJ wins init again and kills R2, which puts him over 100pts. My Ugnaught punches the Wookiee to death (lol, imagining how that would look...) and I finish Tott, which puts me at 197, and then 207 with Gambit at the end of that round. Ahsoka was down to 30hp, but Hera and Sabine and Leia were still doing fine.

In hindsight, things could've gone either way. Ahsoka making her save on the 60 dmg crit was huge, since she was a significant source of damage for the rest of the game. Hera put 40 dmg on Ven, which proved to be significant. I managed to kill the OR Wookiees pretty quickly, which eliminated the disgusting 120dmg activations that TJ's pieces were cranking out. If any of those factors had worked differently, we likely would've had a different result.

Once again, 'twas a great game, TJ! Thanks for playing.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, April 9, 2018 6:40:05 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Two minor timing errors in the report. ABM came on at the top of round 2 instead of end of round 1 and then stayed on until the end of round 4. And the Ugnaught killed the Wookiee Commander at the end of Round 4 instead of top of round 5... rolling a 17(!). That had me sweating because the Wookiee Commander was supposed to earn me gambit at the end of round 4 to put me over 100. Fortunately I won gambit and hit both of my attacks against R2 (needing a reroll to do it). All 3 of those rolls needed to go my way because Bastila wasn't close enough to the action to kill anything and Ghost Crew was clearing 200pts that round no matter what.

Good game!
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, April 9, 2018 6:43:53 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Two minor timing errors in the report. ABM came on at the top of round 2 instead of end of round 1 and then stayed on until the end of round 4. And the Ugnaught killed the Wookiee Commander at the end of Round 4 instead of top of round 5... rolling a 17(!). That had me sweating because the Wookiee Commander was supposed to earn me gambit at the end of round 4 to put me over 100. Fortunately I won gambit and hit both of my attacks against R2 (needing a reroll to do it). All 3 of those rolls needed to go my way because Bastila wasn't close enough to the action to kill anything and Ghost Crew was clearing 200pts that round no matter what.
Now that you mention it, I think you're right. Oh well, potayto, potahto. The result is that you get 1pt and I get 3pts, so it's all good.
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 6:11:34 AM

Darth Frenchy defeats Caedus 205-105 on Cantina

1st Round DF sets up on left, I set up on the right. Positioning and at the end of the round he snipes my door control. I do manage to push Vader and Sidious through before he can lock me totally out and play fish in a barrel.

Round 2 I zap/act Asajj and run Vader down to take out his R7 so I can at least open the door with my shadowtrooper but now the Champ is in position and I'm in deep trouble.

Round 3 I do manage to kill his snipers, but Sidious' lightning and Cad Bane prove to be too much as he kills everyone but a full health Vader

Round 4 is just for show as I cant kill enough and we each get gambit that takes the champ to 205 and me to 105.

Great game.
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 6:13:46 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Played Bryan (Dark_Drucul) today.

He won roll and chose my map (Rhen Var)

(Gotta run, more details to come)

Need a score or point count please
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 9:50:13 AM

Caedus wrote:
Darth Frenchy defeats Caedus 205-105 on Cantina

1st Round DF sets up on left, I set up on the right. Positioning and at the end of the round he snipes my door control. I do manage to push Vader and Sidious through before he can lock me totally out and play fish in a barrel.

Round 2 I zap/act Asajj and run Vader down to take out his R7 so I can at least open the door with my shadowtrooper but now the Champ is in position and I'm in deep trouble.

Round 3 I do manage to kill his snipers, but Sidious' lightning and Cad Bane prove to be too much as he kills everyone but a full health Vader

Round 4 is just for show as I cant kill enough and we each get gambit that takes the champ to 205 and me to 105.

Great game.

Great game and a lot closer than what the score would suggest.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2018 10:26:03 PM

Caedus wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Sorry - life n stuff

TimmerB123 - 200something to DarkDracul - 56 (or so)

3-0
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 7:47:43 PM

General Grievous and I got our match in today.

I won map and avoid his shooting galary by choosing my own cantina to square off in.

He took left, and the game was off.

Rd 1
Lots of intuition and positioning and we both secure opening round gambit. I activated Force Weapon this round. He locked the small middle door to prevent early round shenanigans.

Rd 2
After firing up ABM, I used Vima and the senator to take out 2 snipers. He galloped past satele and then Hypori jumped off the bike, knowing that his CEs were basically useless and hypori was the much better fighter. Towards the end of the round He blew Vima away with a crit (and failed deflect save) and then got blizz in position to incinerate the poor senator. I retaliated by shooting lobot through the energy shield he had constructed. We again both got gambit

Rd 3.
This is where vassal dice failed the good general. I ran Vodo in (with knight speed) to get to another sniper (and also grievous), and dropped the sniper. He punched 30 through the bubble with his other sniper (spotted of course), and then proceeded to miss 3 of 4 attacks on Vodo with Grievous (needing 10s). I kept ABM going, and ran satele up to base grievous as well. Jaq had picked off Gha (again through energy shield) earlier in the round, and I had successfully pushed him out of gambit.

Rd 4
In a continuation of last round, he won init and did 50 more to Vodo. Then vodo punched Grievous for 80 (FW plus ABM), and he failed both parry saves with a re-roll. Then Jaq ran 8 and miss/hit on Grievous killing him. That was the turning point of the game right there. If he had been able to hit Vodo one more time the previous round, or made even one of the parry saves, this game goes drastically different. Blizz is able to flame all 3 of my guys killing vodo finally, but it looks to be too little too late. Satele takes out one of the spotters and Bastilla runs up a bit to try and catch up with everyone. (No one in gambit anymore)

Rd 5
I take out the other spotter, but not before Jaq eats 50 (dropping to 10), and then I do a bunch of damage to Blizz and finally bastilla gets to gambit.

Rd 6
He drops Satelle to 30 (a crit would have killed her), and I finish cleaning up the last sniper and take out Blizz as well.

Final score urban jedi wins 220-105

This match turned on the series of rolls at the end of rd 2 beginning of rd 3. If the rolls are even decent for him, the game is much, much closer, and I think he even wins the match.

General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:25:54 PM

Thanks for the write up Urban, yeah the force was not with me. This whole tournament so far I can't roll over a 5 with Griecous if my life depended on it hahaha. And my energy Shields were useless against your mighty save rolls. Oh well it was a well played game with some great movements and could have gone either way depending on dice. Solid game and good conversation too!
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2018 11:59:13 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Caedus wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Sorry - life n stuff

TimmerB123 - 200something to DarkDracul - 56 (or so)

3-0

Here was the gist.

My Mandos took left of Rhen Var, Bryan's Fringies took right.

We both advanced, and virtually all action took place in the lower central room. My cloaked was helpful to get some shots in and keep Talon's disruptive and Ysalimiri at bay (both hurt me badly). I turned on Venku's Force Awareness to move everytime Bryan used Talon's movement CE. Between that and Kelborn's Resol'nare, it kept me quite mobile. I moved Maul into gambit round 2, and held gambit while keeping Bryan out for the whole game. He tore into Maul with both Wookiees from a distance, and smacked him for 50 with each (down to 40 due to Teras Kasi). Maul twin riposted both times leaving the Wooks with 30hp each. I finished them both off that round fairly easily. He tried to use Teebo (brought in through Lobot) to take out one of my cloaked sabateours, but since I out-activated and he hadn't moved, I simply moved him to hide. I don't think any of my bombs ever went off due to disruptive, but they still landed some 30 damage shots. Bariss moved in and was quite a nuisance. She smacked Venku for 60, and he hit her back for 60. I was able to finish her off with Maul, but he did fail the mines save and it left him with 30hp. A bit of shuffling around and I was able to protect Venku and Maul From a Morrigan strike with Pre-Vizla, and I was able to take out Karrde and Lobot. He popped a sabateur and a couple Mercs along the way that I sacrificed to protect my Uniques. I took out Unkar and Teebo. He finally took out Maul with Morrigan, and I finished her off between Pre, Kelborn and Venku.

Game was much closer than the score. I was able to spread the damage just enough to keep my important pieces alive. A few bad rolls along the way did not help Bryan either.

I actually like his squad - those Wookiees are scarey!

Obviously I don't think my squad is optimized, nor would it be tier 1 even if it were. It was really just an excuse to try Venku out. I was able to edge Bryan out through a solid map advantage, bad rolls for him, good rolls for me, and a (not obvious at first but definite) squad advantage.

Maybe at some point I'll get to use Venkus CE. I do like him - he has proven quite useful. He's a blasteded-if-you-do, blasteded-if-you-don't piece. Either I get my CE (which in theory could be quite nasty), or I outactivate (which if probably even better). Nice design Lillian and Bryan!
AceAce
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 4:54:17 AM

I can't get a response for our game we need to play from Darth Rattlehead.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 11:34:27 AM

I currently do not have access to my vassal due to circumstances beyond my control. I am giving the full win to Kez.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 2:32:08 PM

You have to get a hold of DarthRattlehead on Facebook, Richard Allen.
AceAce
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 4:07:25 PM

I have sent BM to him with no answer
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 11:04:10 PM

Shawn and I got our game in.

I won 216-167

Shawn "won" map so I set up on the left of the cantina. Shawn on the right.

Rd 1
I intuit up, and he battle readies up. Mostly positioning, with me getting satelle adjacent to the middle door, him having vader close by (most of the rest of his squad). I use Force Weapon with Vodo, and get a senator shot on Kylo who tries to use telekinesis, but I make the roll and he takes 30. Gambit for both of us.

Rd 2
He wins init, and "surprises" satele, but I take no damage off of a 1, and 2 FPRR to parry the second. He then unloads full on vader, gets 3 hits past parry. I turn on Bastilla, and then Satele Assaults vader getting 50 through, and then leaping a little further in to the other side of the bar in order to try and stop a cluster in the doorway. Shawn Chokes Satele over by Palps, and then finishes her off with Palps first attack, moving Palp a little closer to the Bar (this is a big mistake for shawn). Vima then gives up an AoO to Vader to go take on Palps while standing on the Bar and with loner, he takes 60. Senator yells at Vima to do it again and with a FPRR, Palps is down to 20. Shawns Reborn Trooper finally gets there and punches Vima for 20. Vodo uses knight speed to punch Vader twice, and Atton Locks the door.Rest is just some more positioning. We both get gambit.

Rd 3
Key init as I win the init (with Bastilla shutting down Palps). Vader Runs over and "surprises" the crap outta Vima who runs off screaming. Then I blow the door with the uggie, pop the XT, and Vodo runs in and finishes off Vader (needed to hit both on 9s). We get a repeat of a choke-off slam dance with Kylo and Palps and with bubble, Vodo hangs on with 10 left. I run Atton adjacent to the emperor, and the Senator yells at him to Shoot Palps and he obliges to finish off palps. He Mines both Vodo AND Jaq so that no matter who goes, that Vodo dies a horrid, fiery death. His Trooper Punches Jaq in the face this time. I run bastilla 14 toward the battle at the end of the round. I get Gambit, Kylo is 1 square away.

Rd 4
He wins init, and punches Jaq 2 more times. The senator yells at Vodo to smush that trooper and he does. Then Vodo dies his fiery mined death, doing 10 to Kylo and Atton in the process. Kylo misses Atton, then Atton dies his fiery death, and even avoid defeat cannot save him. Kylo takes nothing from this one. Bastilla runs and bases one of the bothans, and everyone is trying to stay away from each other to avoid getting mined. An uggie gets obliterated. I am still in gambit with Kylo still out, although in a different square.

Rd 5
I win init, and the Senator yells at Bastilla to "finish him" and she slashes the bothan in 2. That puts me to 206 and with neither of us able to kill anything else, the game ends. I am still in gambit.

Great game, and if Shawn had been able to keep palps away from "next to green" which is almost impossible on cantina, or if he had won the key init where Vader had died, the game would have been much, much different with a pretty easy Shawn win (IMO).

Caedus
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:53:47 AM

Due to an ejection, that is like to start a crying fit on this thread as well, I had to adjust the pairings for this week. As such, The ending deadline is moved to April 28th Good luck and sorry for the inconvenience.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 11:59:17 AM

Guys that deadline is only for people he doesn't care about. If you are not on his good side he will drop you. But if you are special he will give you extra time. So don't worry just bloomail him and say something nice. He gets offended very easily and might expel you from the tournament

Spryguy make sure to get that game in on frenchys time. Otherwise.....
Hahaha sham
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2018 6:25:38 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

FlyingArrow over HoneHeron 3-0
212-89

Played on Rhen Var.

Wookiees sniped an uggie and Lobot early. Nexu and a wookiee charged in maybe 30 dmg? It wasn't worth it whatever it was and then they died, even though the Wookiee got 6 shots at Obikin while adjacent. Mace killed them both and then Obikin drew first blood on Ven, but Ven cut through Soresu and took most of Obikin's life. Winning init the next round, Ven killed Obikin.

Tott charged in for a round of gambit, but was quickly killed by 2 Mace crits. A Wookiee Scoundrel got 4 shots at Mace in 2 rounds but only got dmg through once (for 40dmg though). Then Mace killed one Wookiee while Blizz (Lobot reinforcement) killed another. That left only one Wookiee, but it was enough to give Ven his Triple. Ven came in and killed Mace (but took some dmg on the Ripostes) for the win.

There were some gambit rounds in there somewhere for both of us, too, plus some scrub kills.

Closer than the final score indicates, because if Ven failed to kill Mace, then Mace might have killed Ven with a won init, and he probably had the advantage on Bastila/Wookiee Commander even though he'd have been down to like 30hp.
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2018 7:40:17 PM

Spryguy1981 beats Darth Frenchy 204-170 on Cantina

Reinforcements were EV-9D9

My mistake at the beginning of the game actually came back to save me. Gave Ven Zallow Satchel Charge when I meant to give him Relay Orders and in the end I was able to blow a door due to that mistake and catch Cad to win. Could tell both of us were tired as crap. It was a great game though. I may post a detailed report later. We did keep a logfile for post tournament results.