RegisterDonateLogin

Twin suns got you down? Cool off with Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

World Vassal Regional 2018 Sign up and Reporting Thread Options
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 2:48:33 PM
Groups: Member

@thehutts

Rage quitting is the only thing left when differences are too far gone.

Ex: play testing or the other vassal tournament.
But you should understand that it is not like I have a play group to play with anymore. I live on the east coast.
These vassal things are my only way to play. I just want those have to follow the rules and be fair.
Is you don't get your way here you have a whole group to play with, no big deal.
Heck I even said I wanted to play though the over abuse in authority just say I could play.
But to not back me when I am right makes you wrong and gives you no right to comment.
There is simply no way that people don't see that this is special treatment. Even frenchy sees it. And it is garbage, it should be called out.
You should say.
Jen'ari is right that it is special treatment and against the rules set by caedus, even if he was an asshat about it.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:02:34 PM

Lying and cheating imply intent to deceive. There was none whatsoever.

By definition, unless you can prove that he intentionally made the judgment call to give someone an unfair advantage, then he is neither.

Proving intent is impossible.

Thereby nobody can say for certain that he is a liar or a cheater.

Stating "fact" and "by definition" afterwards does not make it so.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:07:14 PM

As long as we're being pedantic -

jen'ari wrote:
He is the moderator (fact) the organizer (fact)
He is betraying everyone's trust (fact).

The fun thing about absolute statements is that all you need to do is come up with one example where it doesn't apply then it makes the entire statement false.

Moderator? Agreed
Organizer? No arguement.

Betraying EVERYONE'S trust? FALSE

He has not betrayed my trust. Your statement is false.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:09:30 PM

jen'ari wrote:

I am officially done with this thread either way

If only it were true
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:09:34 PM

Being a liar is easy to prove.

He said no exceptions.
Then made an exception.

Red handed liar.

Being a cheater is easy to prove.

He said no exceptions
Then made an exception.

Intent to decieve has nothing to do with being a liar or cheater.

I applaud your attempt timmerb keep fighting whatever liberal fight you are fighting. (I say this because only those with that mindset can try to defend being aliar with having to prove intent)
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:10:35 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
As long as we're being pedantic -

jen'ari wrote:
He is the moderator (fact) the organizer (fact)
He is betraying everyone's trust (fact).

The fun thing about absolute statements is that all you need to do is come up with one example where it doesn't apply then it makes the entire statement false.

Moderator? Agreed
Organizer? No arguement.

Betraying EVERYONE'S trust? FALSE

He has not betrayed my trust. Your statement is false.

Actually he has you are just not recognizing it.

Which is another liberal tactic.

I will be done as soon as hone responds
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:28:42 PM

I didn't invent the fact that intent has to be there for it to be cheating or lying (as part of my liberal agenda or otherwise, lol)

From dictionary.com:

Lie - a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

(I bolded words for emphasis)

So you are claiming that when he wrote the rules at the beginning he intended to break them at some point in the tournament to give someone an unfair advantage?

That seems a bit far fetched.

The onus is on you to prove intent if you are claiming such labels to be fact.

Good luck with that
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:48:55 PM

intent

Darth Frenchy asks "hey i am going to be gone, i don't want a auto loss. can you help me out?"

Caedus: yes I will give you 3 days.

THE RULE: no exceptions

intent is there. He did not have to have intent when he made the rule. By doing an act you are intenting to do it (when it is a rationally made choice). Caedus rationally chose to break his own rule. He intended to break his own rule and did so. he is a liar.

p.s. keep looing at definitions. there are more. like this one.

to express what is false; convey a false impression.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:07:50 PM

jen'ari wrote:

I am officially done with this thread either way

And yet, you weren't.

So I guess that means you are a liar.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 4:19:53 PM

Huh? Blink

[crickets chirping]

Confused

The only reason I posted here one day (and 5 PAGES!) ago was because during the last tournament people were complaining that I and my opponent weren't keeping people up to speed on our plans, so I thought I'd post a quick update about my game plans with my opponent for this round. I never anticipated that this kind of...Bomb...would happen. I'm sorry, guys. Etienne and I likely would've had our game completed before the deadline anyway. But I guess that doesn't matter now....

Wow. It's ironic: it's both impressive and also disheartening, how something so small and so innocent could re-ignite the great Sith war. Wow, I truly am sorry. I'll remember this the next time I have an FYI update to post for the group.

Oh well. Back to real life now. Meh

[crickets chirping]

TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:29:13 PM

Trevor, you didn't do anything wrong. Don't second guess the completely appropriate and courteous post you made.

We all know what the real problem is here.
DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:42:13 PM

No worries Trevor dude, you did the right thing. Posting to the group is the best evidence that you're attempting to schedule and complete a match. Thanks for maintaining good communication with everyone and best of luck in your Round 3 match with kezzamachineII!
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 5:46:43 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:

We all know what the real problem is here.

ya, its Caedus and his willingness to grant special treatment to certain people.

Do you really think TINT needs your support here Tim or DD?

he doesn't. why would he actually feel bad? it makes no sense. you guys are so ridiculous when it comes to throwing out support when it is not needed or required. patting peoples back that don't need patting is often times called grooming.

TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:42:25 PM

Anyone other than Jen'ari and his real life brother Deaths_Baine have an issue with the way Caedus handled this situation?
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:56:18 PM

Honest question. It's no trap.

I think anyone that can discuss the issue like an adult should feel free to speak up and have a respectful discussion about it.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 7:12:03 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Well, you did say anyone...

The rules definitely said no exceptions to the deadline of 10 days for games. Does Caedus have the authority to change/ waive the rules? If yes, then fine. If no, probably not the best thing to have done. However, it doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things, and jen'ari and Deaths_Baine have been extremely offensive and unjust in their criticisms.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:17:16 PM

Wow just read through all that. Ok this is thoughts from the North.
Jen man, you may have had a valid point way back at the start about sticking to the laid out rules. Heck for the record I have been a TO for all of the Canadian tournaments and we lay out rules, we follow them, but there are times when one or both players request an exception and if it doesn't completely break the game and everyone else is ok with it, I grant it. Because it's a game and there's too few of us left to get caught up in small things. But if someone isn't ok with it then we don't do it, heck I probably would have had your back on it if you brought it up and stayed peaceful-like. It's definitely worth a discussion. But brother man you got kicked out for mistreating another person. The things you are saying, venomously going after everyone even new people. That's not cool, respect and love over being right even to people that treat you badly or that you feel wronged by is the way to be. You kill your case by acting this way.

There's ways to respectfully bring things up and remember we are all just people with different opinions and experiences that share a passion. There are things we don't like, and yes valid things, not just me thinking there is way to much bastilla in this tournament. But that's a different discussion for another day (cough cough needs to be toned down cough haha).

Anyways everyone hug it out and put others ahead of ourselves.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:19:56 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
Well, you did say anyone...

The rules definitely said no exceptions to the deadline of 10 days for games. Does Caedus have the authority to change/ waive the rules? If yes, then fine. If no, probably not the best thing to have done. However, it doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things, and jen'ari and Deaths_Baine have been extremely offensive and unjust in their criticisms.

Basically +1 here for my thoughts
HoneHeron
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2018 3:36:19 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Wow just read through all that. Ok this is thoughts from the North.
Jen man, you may have had a valid point way back at the start about sticking to the laid out rules. Heck for the record I have been a TO for all of the Canadian tournaments and we lay out rules, we follow them, but there are times when one or both players request an exception and if it doesn't completely break the game and everyone else is ok with it, I grant it. Because it's a game and there's too few of us left to get caught up in small things. But if someone isn't ok with it then we don't do it, heck I probably would have had your back on it if you brought it up and stayed peaceful-like. It's definitely worth a discussion. But brother man you got kicked out for mistreating another person. The things you are saying, venomously going after everyone even new people. That's not cool, respect and love over being right even to people that treat you badly or that you feel wronged by is the way to be. You kill your case by acting this way.

There's ways to respectfully bring things up and remember we are all just people with different opinions and experiences that share a passion. There are things we don't like, and yes valid things, not just me thinking there is way to much bastilla in this tournament. But that's a different discussion for another day (cough cough needs to be toned down cough haha).

Anyways everyone hug it out and put others ahead of ourselves.

+1
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2018 3:58:16 AM

You know Grievous,
this is always so one sided.

Caedus is way out of line because of what happened in Round 2.

Victimize me all you want. Once he upheld a cheating move I no longer wanted to be a part of something with him in charge. The only reason I wanted to stay was because I have no one to play with out here on the east coast.

But make no mistake, his willingness to cheat is absurd. Frenchy even asking for special treatment is absurd after Round 2 when 2 people had to concede b/c they felt there was no extension. The whole thing is ridiculous.

By the way, Caedus's response to me in his first post was absurd and very directed. Face it, Caedus does not like me ever since the Yaddle discussion. His post was very "don't care about you at all"

This is what he said when I was just discussing it " YOU MAY TAKE YOU BALL AND GO HOME JUST LIKE YOU DID THE LAST TIME."
and
"Now either QUIT or keep playing, but please, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, QUIT EFFING BITCHING!!"

So its not like he was nice or thoughtful in his initial response.
As the event organizer HE should have given it some thought and checked himself before commenting. He was one sided from the start. He has no business organizing events if he is one sided and unfair.

If that is too harsh language whatever, it is true.

Think about what happened here.

Everyone is under the impression that calling someone names is worse than cheating.
It is not.