RegisterDonateLogin

Kissed Luke to make Han jealous.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Presence of the Dark Side Options
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:55:17 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Ported from Lord Vitiate's character thread - (please post rules questions here, so everyone can benefit BlooMilk )

I gave a rather vague/sloppy answer there, so to clarify:

Quote:
How does presence of the dark side work with forced movement like sith battle manipulation?

As far as I see it, It doesn't.

Quote:
Presence of the Dark Side (Once per turn, an enemy that activates or ends its move within 6 squares of this character loses 1 Force point and takes 10 damage; save 11)

Clearly indicates on its turn, (and possibly/probably some other move that it optionally initiates, such as Coordinated Movement, Agile etc) Not anything the Opp player controls.

Quote:
Then why does mines trigger off of involuntary movement?

Mines affect terrain (squares), not the enemy character directly. In this case, if SBM or some other ability counts as movement (Levitation is in the FAQ on this) then it triggers if the character 'moves' into that square.

Push effects obey terrain (yellow/green squares) when determining where the affected character ends up. Mines would factor into that as well if present.

Feel free to debate if you wish, but do provide some documented evidence.
I'm only human, er, at a minimum, count as 'living'. Smile
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2018 9:20:23 PM
Groups: Member

I would also add that it doesn't trigger unless you actually "activate" the character. So if you combine fire, or if a guy gets jolted, or activated for some other reason, it would have no effect.
gholli69
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 3:19:31 AM

But what if you leave them within 6 of the character with POTDS by means of SBM and then they activate, they would then take the damage correct?
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2018 7:43:04 AM

gholli69 wrote:
But what if you leave them within 6 of the character with POTDS by means of SBM and then they activate, they would then take the damage correct?

Yes. If they are within 6 when they make they normal activation they must make the save