RegisterDonateLogin

Has the droids you're looking for.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Week 113 - New Villains of Disney (but Legends is ok for abilities! Carry on!) Options
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:51:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

URoRRuR'R'R!!! BlooMilk
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2018 5:03:04 AM
Groups: Member

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33203/swamp-trooper

So here is my entry. I'm not sold on the Mud Trooper ability. But I also didn't want to just have Stable footing... Although, Stable Footing may be the best way to represent them.

I wanted an ability to represent their Hazardous mask they wore... But I don't know he best way to represent that. Suggestions for that to drop the Mud Trooper SA?
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2018 6:25:48 AM

swinefeld wrote:
URoRRuR'R'R!!! BlooMilk

Where did you learn to speak Wook? You're accent is atrocious!
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:42:48 AM

shmi15 wrote:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33203/swamp-trooper

So here is my entry. I'm not sold on the Mud Trooper ability. But I also didn't want to just have Stable footing... Although, Stable Footing may be the best way to represent them.

I wanted an ability to represent their Hazardous mask they wore... But I don't know he best way to represent that. Suggestions for that to drop the Mud Trooper SA?

I'd add breath mask for flavor. Won't matter 99% of the time, but the wiki does say they have goggles and oxygen tanks to deal with hazards.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2018 1:57:59 PM

Going with Unkar this week.

PS - My Regional is this Sunday, I'm looking at my squads, and I see nothing worth playing. I'm feeling so lost I may go to Jakku myself.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 6:11:48 AM

Surf, I think I just hate the current Unkar and how bad he is for the game too much that the rage blinds me to other versions haha. All that being said and natural bias aside I like your version a lot better. Dishonest and snitch I think could be dropped or rolled into the CE for simplicity. But current CE is very interesting too.

Gandalf, interesting that as others have put it you made a Thrawn that counters Thrawn with a built-on prideful like ability. Pretty cool stuff and if anyone can understand their enemy and help their forces fight better against them, it's Thrawn. Also cloaking device is super interesting. Great stuff.

Oakel, I like your version of TLJ Kylo better than the one we are getting haha. That said I would probably have swapped his powers to be the same as the ones he's giving Rey to make it easier to understand for gameplay without having to reference a rule book or another card that has one. And it could help trim some abilities.

Shmi, overall the theme is solid but I just can't see this guy being chosen over similar troopers in their price range. Speed 4 is a massive determint and breath mask is amazing when you need it but useless otherwise and poison doesn't pop up too often. However these guys do make an excellent Reserves option for AoE against a Vong poison build or Dr. Vindi. Also mud trooper has good synergies with advantageous cover.

3rd Shmi
2nd Surf
1st Gandalf
shmi15
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 9:12:36 AM

1. GTGW

2. GG

3. Surf
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 12:41:38 PM

1. surf

2. GG

3. shmi15
Oakel
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 3:53:14 PM

1st. Surf
2nd. GG
3rd. Gandalf
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 4:10:49 PM

Well, after a Miserable showing at the Regionals, I may Self Destruct 5o; not sure how I feel so lets just peek ...

GG - Dryden Vos. He's just a blah piece to me as is. You mentioned a CE AND Crimson Dawn ... and never finished the thought on the piece. GG, I think you missed creating a good sub-faction here by not creating a Crimson Dawn leader and handing out some good synergy/SA's with him.

Gandalf - Thrawn. Cloaking Device is interesting; the CE is also interesting, I wondering if the CE is too much, but it IS Thrawn. The CE has Two really interesting abilities ... so one hand too uch ... other hand it Thrawn ...

Oakel - Kylo. It still bugs me about the Affinity SA, although I could be talked into Internal Strife ... but an Imp Rey still bugs me.

shmi - Swamp Trooper. I could do without Breath Mask. I Love Mud Trooper and while I can see the rationale of Speed 4, its just a bummer. Now, if you had a Swamp Troop Officer that could Negate the Speed 4, that would be Fun!

Stuff And Things to Think On. Back in a bit.

Peace,

surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 4:38:33 PM

There is the critique I needed, and fair point some cool new subfactions could be done. But vote the suspense is killing me.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 5:46:35 PM

Well, everybody has Something Not quite right (… and I'd include myself in that) so …

Honorary Mention - GG. The Miss on Crimson Dawn/sub faction was just enough.

]3rd - Gandalf. While I liked Cloaking Device and the CE's two abilities, I though all Three was just a hair too much.

2nd - Oakel. Other than the Affinity, it's a good Kylo; just don't agree about a FO/Imp Rey.

1st Place - shmi. I love Mud Trooper, and with the right officer I think they'd be fun.

Cheers,

surf
shmi15
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 7:23:36 PM

I think Surf wins by a point?
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 8:03:15 PM

Yep by 1, congratulations Surf! Looking forward to see what you have for us this week.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2018 8:12:06 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Yep by 1, congratulations Surf! Looking forward to see what you have for us this week.

Cool. Thanks people. Appreciate this after the horrors of Regionals! BigGrin