RegisterDonateLogin

All who gain Bloo Milk are afraid to lose it. Even the Jedi.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 128 - PORGS!! Options
Oakel
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 11:49:38 AM
Groups: Member

In the spirit of the fast approaching Thanksgiving season (Given that most of us are US based), my mind has turned to festivities and turkey dinner. To correlate this to Star Wars, I simply think about that tasty roast Porg that Chewie was struggling to bring himself to eat in Episode VIII. So, with that awkward and goofy connection, I give you our next CCC:

Make a SWM representation of a Porg, and finally give those delicious-looking creatures a purpose beyond shameless Disney merchandizing.

While this is not a "design the most competitive piece as you can" prompt, I will be assessing my votes with some levity, but also usefulness in potential gameplay.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Nov 17, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Nov 19, 2018.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 1:05:03 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 2:05:08 PM

You do not know what you have unleashed.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35424/porg
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:12:33 PM

As requested, a SWM representation of Porg.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35425/porg--bounty-hunter
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 5:20:05 PM

jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 5:54:52 PM

kiki
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:28:32 PM

shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2018 9:24:16 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 11:06:25 PM

Oakel
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:07:36 AM

I love the turnout on this guys! Please forgive the huge name, just trying to give a way to differentiate it from the 5 entries just named "Porg".

Porg, Flightless Bird of Ach-To

Just going to say that I am borrowing from a couple of your ideas, so I credit you all with contributing to this one. My initial thought was to give them a one-off Jedi Mind Trick, but I liked the pun I came up with too much to not go with it. My only regret is I didn't get to use an ability named "Chewie Snack".
jak
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 6:54:35 AM

LOL one time, I saw two guys making out in the park, that was the gayest thing I ever saw, until I saw the CCC for PorgsThumbDown
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 6:59:34 AM

jak wrote:
LOL one time, I saw two guys making out in the park, that was the gayest thing I ever saw, until I saw the CCC for PorgsThumbDown

It's 2018. Making fun of gay people for being gay isn't funny anymore.
Oakel
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 9:39:58 AM

jak wrote:

Looking at all the people who have contributed, maybe we can all be a little gay for the week. Sometimes you gotta be gay for the good of the game.], y'know? Heart

Cheers! BlooMilk ThumpUp

jak
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 10:34:32 AM

not making fun, PC adam........ but 2 guys making out is gay.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2018 10:59:14 AM

Hahaha valid point Jak but I think most entries are edible joke-ish entries so there is that. Also Ewoks and Gungans say hello. In each generation a new terrible alien is unleashed upon Star Wars fans, forever to curse us with merchandise until the end of time.
kiki
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 12:49:13 AM

1. adam

2. shmi

3. Oakel

Tough decisions this week...

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 3:02:37 AM

1. GG
2. Kiki
3. Adam
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 6:48:48 AM

Adam. I don't see anything Savage about a porg

CC. Pretty cool concept, I just wish it didn't effect melee. I don't really see how it would effect a melee person

Gandalf I really like that piece, I won't vote for it in this CCC but really enjoy it

CHS. Simple, fun

Kiki speed 8 and squad cover are not needed imo or warranted. I don't think porgs work together to have better defense

Shmi I like limited flight. Swarm and porgs attacking is just not welcome

GG. Simple like it

Oakel. I don't think the porgs were in control of things that much.

To be honest I think that most peoples porgs went way too far in what we saw, hard thing to design (myself included) to not want to do too much. If I got to redo mine it would probably have been simpler as well after reading everyone's and thinking about porgs more.

1. GG

2. CHS

3. Shmi
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 11:11:47 AM

1. Oakel

2. jen'ari

3. CC
Oakel
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2018 11:10:46 PM

1. CHS

2. Jen'ari

3. CC

All very close, lots of creativity here!

Gandalf wins a category of his own, with the smart-alec contest! ;) Very clever though, and definitely a character that I would like to see in game with the Vibro-ax, and to start fleshing out the potential of a Trandoshan squad.