RegisterDonateLogin

It's against Bloo Milk's programming to impersonate a deity.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Last Call ... surf_rider56's Customs Options
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2018 8:22:21 PM
Groups: Member

Some pretty fun counters in here. Seps Double Agent could be interesting and give Seps the absolute init control they need. (only trick they have really for the game).
The Booming voice guy is fringe.... scary, but again cancelling booming voice is awesome! this piece would instantly change the game for the better imo. Lobot reinforcement that cancels full board swap (unless their are mice).
Ysalamiri hate is welcome as well.
Lobot is definitely good enough to replace the other Lobot and would change door control. Probably would see more blown doors, which is a plus.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 7:23:46 AM

According to Bloo, I haven’t been “on” since 9/11, which in some ways I suppose is rather fitting. Bloo says I hit 160,000 hits this last weekend; not bad on this seven-year-old thread. An achievement, I suppose; it’s been three and a half months since anybody posted, yet that was almost 8,000 hits ago. God Bless the Lookie Loo’s.
I wondered if I’d miss it; frankly, I’ve been busy so I guess the answer is no. I used to panic if my flash drive, with all my cards and lastest work was missing RollEyes While I haven’t really “officially” bailed out, SWM cards just isn’t doing anything for me right now. I don’t see Any pics worth using, never mind anything inspiring me to make a card. The Regionals were pretty much a NPE for me. Maybe I’m just old fashioned, but the card wordage keeps getting smaller and more complicated and I just don’t care enough to keep up.
I was barely interested enough in the CCC thread but even That isn’t, to me, any fun anymore. Too many “uninteresting” topics. This is No reflection on who did what or how I feel about anyone, but Ewok’s, Porg’s, Droid’s, Shifting the “Meta” … it hasn’t been of interest to me.
I’m at a crossroads and I see nothing of interest in any direction. Frankly, “Solo” wasn’t bad but it wasn’t up to par, and Rose Tico may have single handedly killed my decades old interest in Star Wars. Sigh …
Maybe in six months I may be motivated again …

One last character, just because ….

As a “Parting Shot” my own tongue in cheek caricature of myself …..

Peace. Out.
Surf

General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 8:32:25 AM

Well for what it's worth that Shadow is awesome and your card art is the best part of any of the CCCs. I always enjoy you posts but I get some of the new Star Wars burn out. I loved the prequels and the one-off Rogue One and Solo flicks. But TLJ really tanked my enjoyment of the series. And there are some ridiculous combos out there in the game but that's why I always push for simplicity in my custom designs. And what an interesting idea for a great many weeks is to create pieces that simplify the factions/playstyles... anyways I'll keep hoping to see more Surf work because Rebellions are built on hope, which means there will always be Rebels to crush right? I think that's what the saying means.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 3:10:44 PM

Well! ... it's been 30 months ... 40,000 hits later; My Gosh, over 200,000 hits. What did I create??

No, I'm not back, but I got something in the mail the other day. A new V-Set. God knows how I got on That mailing list.

Anyway, I haven't played since the Regionals in June of 2018. While out of habit, I still occasionally browse for good pics but I rarely see anything and never see anything really Inspiring.

I'm glad the game is continuing. I enjoyed that decade or so I put into it. I just wanted to stop by and say hello to any/everybody that is still on.

May the Force continue to be With You

Surf

PS it wouldn't be a Surf post without One pic so here it is

Raskta Lsu

The first card on that stray V-Set I acquired. I did my own version 7-8 years ago so I thought I'd compare them.

Raskta Lsu by surf_rider56, on Flickr

I nailed the basic stats (pat on the back) plus the Triple Attack, Duelist and Lightsaber Defense. I think she should have had more Lightsaber abilities since she was So good with the blade but hey, I'm in no position to bitch.

Happy Gaming!
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 6:06:41 PM

Surf! The man, the myth, the legend! How you doin’, ya old pirate? So good to see you!

I miss you and your discerning eye, creative topics and epic art/cards from the CCCs! (You should drop in, surprise win the theme and post a topic for old times sake haha). It’s about the only thing I’m involved with these days outside of a monthly minis game or so with my original game group.

Hope life is treating you well, and I’ve definitely browsed through your thread a few times, strength and honour Star Wars brother!
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 8:42:33 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Surf!
I'm back to clean up my mess and think seriously about the path forward.
I have definitely missed playing around in CCC.
Cheers man! BlooMilk