RegisterDonateLogin

Official beverage of the Boonta Eve Classic.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Dark Allure and Lift Options
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2019 10:38:50 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Dark Allure (Replaces attacks: move 1 character with a Force rating within 6 squares adjacent to this character; save 11 negates)

Can you move the target character by any path to get adjacent to the Sith Holocron, or does it have to be the shortest route? I know how this works for Force Pull, but I'm not sure if that ruling applies to this ability as well.

Lift (Replaces attacks: touch; move 1 adjacent Small or Medium ally to any space adjacent to this character. This move does not provoke attacks of opportunity.)

Can you move the Lifted character by any path? Or does it have to either a) be the shortest possible path or b) any path as long as the character is always adjacent to the character with Lift (this would follow the FAQ entry for Levitation 1 which says you can move the character by any path as long as it is always within 6 squares).
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:30:32 PM
Groups: Member

I would say it works just like pull. Pick the adjacent square, and then use the shortest path to get to the square.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2019 9:59:26 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Thanks. It looks like there was already a ruling about part of my question on Lift back in WOTC days, now that I've looked a bit harder for it. It doesn't say if it has to be the shortest route though, just that they have to stay adjacent to the character with Lift.

Nickname wrote:
The character can only be moved through adjacent squares or the square containing the lifting character.

It doesn't look like the question about Dark Allure made it into the Holocron FAQ. But for both abilities it makes sense to take the 'precedent' of Force Pull. Especially when, if ruled otherwise, Dark Allure would be just like Pull used to be (except a little less of a NPE as it only works against Force users and has a save attached).
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 9:51:57 AM

Yes, the intent was for it to work like Force Pull.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, July 29, 2019 5:00:38 AM

FYI - not sure if this was mentioned - There was a floor rules errata to Force Pull (requiring the shortest path).