RegisterDonateLogin

Makes good bait for Gungan traps.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2019 World Vassal Regional Standings and Play Reports Only. Options
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2019 10:03:52 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

gandalfthegreatestwizard beats FlyingArrow 204-138 on Anchorhead (3-1).

FA won map roll and chose his map, I chose the right side. I set up my squad behind the central door on the right and FA set up all of his guys in the Storage Room (except the Cobalt Squadron Pilot). I brought in two Caamasi Nobles with Bribery.

Round 1: FA moved his squad out into the Central Plaza, leaving BB-8 and Leia just inside the Storage Room. I moved my guys into the East Plaza, with Jarael and Morrigan running into the gambit room. After I outactivated FA, I opened the door on his side with my R7. Boba got a long LOS through the central room and shot Chewie twice, hitting both (50 left) and then hitting Finn once (40 left). I got gambit. 10-0

Round 2: I won init and moved Jarael with Talon into the small room just above and to the left of gambit where she couldn't be shot at. Morrigan shot at Rose twice, hitting her once for 30 (10 left) and then moved through the door up into the Warehouse with Agile. FA moved his Resistance Trooper up and blew open the door to gambit on his side with his Cobalt guy. I blew open the door on my side with my Ugnaught and Boba killed Rose, giving Chewie a Retaliatory Barrage. The walking carpet killed my Ugnaught and R7, but missed Boba and Ponda. Boba then shot Han twice for 30 each (10 left). Han killed Ponda with two Long Shots, who failed his Avoid Defeat saves. Finn then rolled a critical miss and a critical hit to kill Marn who was still in my setup area. Talon Mobiled out and killed FA's Cobalt pilot and then hid, and I moved up a Caamasi. Rey promptly moved up to the door and killed the Caamasi with a reroll. I moved my Rodian to open the door to the Warehouse for Morrigan, and Evazan shot at Rey who Evaded and then he hid. FA moved BB-8 and Leia. I ran Jarael out to hit Rey and rolled a crit, but she made her Parry with a reroll. Chewie moved to hit Jarael for 40 unpreventable (30 left). Neither of us got gambit. 28-46

Round 3: I won init again. Jarael missed Rey three times in a row (she had +4 def from BB-8) but rerolled the last one for a hit. She made Parry with a reroll and made her Electrostaff save to avoid getting activated. Han shot at Jarael, who made her first save 15 Evade with a reroll but failed the second and died. Holdo moved up next to Rey and killed my remaining Caamasi. Boba moved out and hit Chewie twice. Han Bodyguarded the second one and died, giving Chewie a Barrage which hit Boba for 40 (70 left). The third shot killed Chewie and Boba hid. I ran my Rodian Brute out and he hit Holdo for 20. FA's Resistance Trooper missed the Rodian and moved up as well, and BB-8 moved up next to Rey and Holdo. Evazan shot at Holdo and killed her, and FA had no choice but to use her Ultimate Sacrifice on the Rodian. Talon ran out to hold open the door to the Warehouse for Morrigan. Leia shot at Evazan, hitting both for 20dmg total (30 left) and Finn finished off the Galactic Criminal (who failed Avoid Defeat) and then rolled a critical miss against Talon. Morrigan ran out, killed BB-8 and then interposed herself between the defenseless Talon and the Resistance thugs. Rey hit Morrigan twice and I failed both Evades (10 left). I get gambit. 126-87

Round 4: I won init again. I made the mistake of not running Boba right up next to Rey to shoot her, but she failed all 3 Evades and a reroll against him anyway and died. Boba also Wrist Cabled Finn, who failed his save. FA ran his Trooper past Morrigan, taking 30dmg on the AoO (10 left), and killed Morrigan. Leia hit Boba once and he failed Evade (60 left), and with her CE placed Finn next to Boba just outside of Disruptive. Talon moved up and rolled a crit against Finn, but Finn made his Avoid Defeat saves and lived (10 left). He then hit Boba with his first attack needing 7s (30 left), but in the moment of truth missed the second attack. We both get gambit. 161-128

Round 5: I won init again. Boba killed Finn and the Trooper and puts 30 on Leia (60 left). Leia hit Talon once (70 left) and Talon hit her back (40 left). We both get gambit. Final score: 204-138

Despite FA losing all the important inits and generally rolling badly, the game was very close near the end (if not the score) and if he had hit Boba with Finn in round 4 or won init in round 5 he would likely have won. He definitely played very well and I enjoyed the game.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 5:56:34 PM

UrbanShmi over DarkDracul 229-58 on Cantina.

I won map and set up on the storage room side, bringing in the Mirialan Jedi Knight. The first round was positioning, with me sacking a loth cat for a little more movement. We both got gambit. Round two the action started. I lost init, but intuitioned next to Malak with Satele, to force him to either activate Malak or take a boatload of damage from Cunning. He chose to activate Malak--I succesfully parried one of the attacks and made the Jedi Mind Trick Save. I first activated the Senator, giving the attack to Satele, but he defensed it. I assaulted so I had the option of moving away if I managed to kill him--unfortunately, he defensed one of the two attacks. I moved away anyway, bubbling the Aoo. On my next turn, I sacked the second lothcat to get the mirialan in range, then moved her 12 to get to Malak. She managed to kill him. From there, Bryan shot up the Mirialan some, and she bubbled a couple of times. I moved the Training Sergeant over to open the other door, and Bryan decided to take some shots on him instead of continuing after the Mirialan, either missing or getting bubbled. I healed Satele with the Consular, moved her around with the Jedi Lord, etc. He moved REvan into gambit at the end of the round, and it was 45-28.

I won init, intuitioned Satele next to Revan, and went first. The first one hit for 40, and he chose to counterpush. Since I didn't get to make a second attack and hadn't declared double, I ran Satele back into the room. Revan moved in to try to kill the Mirialan, but she made both of her Makashi saves and stayed alive. On my turn, I used the Senator to give her a 40-damage shot (and potentially and 30 damage follow up), and he failed his defense. The Mirialan also hit the Twin, killing Revan. Then on her turn, she moved and went to work on the Antarians, killing one of them.

From there, it was mainly clean up. Bryan managed to kill the Mirialan (who was a reinforcement) and the training sergeant, but he couldn't make damage stick to anything else. Unfortunately, Bryan's dice were epically bad throughout the game, or it might have been a lot closer.

Thanks for the match, Bryan! Good luck next round!
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 11:39:13 AM
Groups: Member

Spryguy over UrbanJedi 212-33 on Transit Station

Round 1 was gambit positioning

Round 2 Satele did some attack and got shot some

Round 3 it was a bloodbath of shooting. Jason sacked Ven to go after Leia and then Poe used Predictible Targets to kill 3 wookiees, Rey finished Satele. BB died in there somewhere

Round 4 I finished off the rest of the main attackers except the Wookiee Commander.
kiki
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2019 4:22:00 PM

kiki over TimmerB 171 - 161 on Freight Transit Station 2-1.

R1 - Tim wins map roll. I defer set-up. Tim sets up right side in the bottom train. I set top train left side. We both move our pieces along our respective trains.

R2 - I spin my commanders before using my scouts, Leia's CE was able to put Poe in a good position to use predictable targets. Han and Chewbacca are moved up and set up adjacent to each other and Poe to activate Resistance Bodyguard. I use a scout to open a door and use another scout to shoot Poe. Poe uses predictable targets and kills 3 of my scouts. Tim is all out I move my scouts and start shooting. Resistance bodyguard manages to spread the damage around. Han and Poe fall which triggers some barrages from Chewy.

R3+R4 - Clean up, Chewy falls and so do the majority of my scouts. By the end, it's just one scout trooper on 20hp who is based by Holdo. The scout kills and Holdo and in turn dies.

Don't remember much else because the game was yesterday for me.

A good game and a huge thanks to gandalf for pointing out some errors we made and were able to correct.

FWrightCoyle
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2019 8:40:02 PM

Love Love Love Love Cursing Blushing Flapper Flapper
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:33:57 PM

FlyingArrow over kiki 181-128 on Cantina
FA 2pts
kiki 1pt

kiki won map and chose his map. I took left side.

Round 1
BB-8 rushed to gambit round 1 while everyone else advanced.
10-0 New Republic

Round 2
I bunched up above the bar and BB-8 locked the top door. I made a bad play by leaving the Resistance Trooper alone below the bar while everyone else was above it. It was a mistake but it may have actually worked out better for me that way come to think of it. One scout opens the bottom door while another one-shots the Resistance Trooper. Gambit for both. 24-20 Imperial

Round 3
Leia turns on Force Sense. All of NR is above the bar while the scouts are coming in the bottom door, so everyone with Double has to move and therefore only gets one attack. His ugnaughts are more than 6 away from the top door so he can't open that door yet. Rey bases the scout that killed Resistance Trooper and deals 30 but fails to activate him with Jedi Mind Trick. Chewie deals 30 to a trooper on the other side of the door using Accurate Shot. The trooper that Rey had damaged activates and kills her with his own attack + cannon shot. Chewie can only see two troopers for the barrage and misses one (kills the other - it had missed both Evades from Chewie's attacks). Han deals 30 to another scout on the other side of the door. Two scouts move in and put 40 each onto Chewie (30hp remain). The second one bases Chewie. Rose tries to get the scout that based Chewie but misses one and he evades the other. But Finn then bases him and crits for the one-shot kill. Two Imperial commanders spin and then Holdo fills the spot the scout held so that no one else can base Chewie. She also hit an adjacent scout for 20dmg. BB-8 spins to keep the top door locked and Imperials get to unload with 4 more scouts yet to go. Two rush in to try to kill Han. Both have to take AoOs from Holdo on the way in (miss and crit: 20hp remain on the 2nd scout). Both scouts hit their shots on Han and he dies. Chewie can see 4 of the 6 remainig scouts and kills 3 of them with a barrage. The scout that killed Han had been holding the bottom door open, and the other 2 scouts leave the bottom door closed. Gambit for both.
95-87 New Republic

Round 4
Imperials have 3 Scouts (50hp, 50hp, 20hp), 2 ugs, 1 mouse, and all the commanders still in the back.
NR has Chewie (30hp), Finn (70hp), Holdo (20hp), Cobalt (10hp), Rose Tico (40hp), Leia (90hp), BB-8 (50hp).

Imperials win init. The 20hp scout is isolated on the left side of the door with the NR squad. He deals 30dmg to Holdo and then the Cobalt steps up to him and defeats him. Leia steps back and turns on Force Sense, and then jumps Chewie farther from the door - but as it turns out not far enough. An ugnaught blows the top door and a Scout runs 12 and gets a no-cover shot on Chewie. Hits the shot needing a 5 - dead Chewie. (I did not see that coming.) Rose bases the Scout and hits twice (10hp remain) but he makes the Taser save. BB-8 (based by 2 ugnaughts - one hits the AoO) goes over to Taser the scout again and this time he fails it - only 1 Scout remaining. That scout runs in and one-shot kills Rose. Finn stands still for a Double Attack on the scout - hits the first attack and the scout's Evade fails, leaving the scout at 10hp. Finn misses the other attack. Holdo bases him and needs a 7 to kill him but rolls a 6. Ugnaughts miss their potshots and Imperial commanders begin to advance. No gambit for either side.
128-121 Imperial

Round 5
Imperials have 1 scout (10hp), 2 ugs, 1 mouse, and all the commanders.
NR has Finn (70hp), Holdo basing the scout (20hp), Cobalt (10hp), Leia (90hp), BB-8 (40hp)

In a huge init, NR wins. BB-8 zaps the scout and he fails the save. An ugnaught takes BB-8 down to 30 then NR kills the ugnaughts and pack into gambit. Imperial commanders continue to advance. Gambit for NR.
150-128 New Republic

Round 6
A few shots are traded. Imperial Mouse breaks. Finn kills Nyna with the help of BB-8's Sensors. Finn's Double Attack went against Piett, and a crit or a hit followed by a hit from Holdo would have earned a 3pt win. But Finn missed entirely, so Holdo just held down gambit.
181-128 New Republic

Time's up.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2019 7:00:08 AM

I’ll let Daman list the details, but he beat me 2-1 Friday night
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2019 6:15:39 PM

UrbanShmi over jen'ari, 200-43, on Cantina.

He set up on the left side and I set up on the right. First round was mostly positioning, with both sides moving in to gambit at the end of the round. Early in the second round, he activated Boba to kill my reinforcement piece (OR rocket jumper). I had intuitioned Satele next to the larger down, and he charged Anakin around to take her on with overwhelming, but he missed one, and I managed to heal her with a master speed from the Consular, so Satele ended the second round with 80 hit points. He also Decoyed with Shmi when I went after Ani with the Aol Lord, so I killed her and cleared the way for my next round move. He had moved Panaka up at the end of the last round, and I was able to master speed and assault to put 60 on him. At the top of the next round, he won init, but I intuitioned away (taking 10 damage on an AoO), managing to get adjacent to Boba, R2, and Obi. He chose to activate Ani again, but missed on the first attack, even with a reroll, so only did 30 more damage to Satele, who then went to work on Boba. BEtween Satele's two attacks and a Senator shot, Boba went down, at which time jen'ari conceded, just short of the halfway mark.

It was a good game up until the tide turned slightly in my favor, with jen'ari making some really great plays, including locking a crucial door with R2 and moving R2 up so I had to go around to get adjacent to Boba.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, July 8, 2019 9:50:16 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:
UrbanShmi over jen'ari, 200-43, on Cantina.

He set up on the left side and I set up on the right. First round was mostly positioning, with both sides moving in to gambit at the end of the round. Early in the second round, he activated Boba to kill my reinforcement piece (OR rocket jumper). I had intuitioned Satele next to the larger down, and he charged Anakin around to take her on with overwhelming, but he missed one, and I managed to heal her with a master speed from the Consular, so Satele ended the second round with 80 hit points. He also Decoyed with Shmi when I went after Ani with the Aol Lord, so I killed her and cleared the way for my next round move. He had moved Panaka up at the end of the last round, and I was able to master speed and assault to put 60 on him. At the top of the next round, he won init, but I intuitioned away (taking 10 damage on an AoO), managing to get adjacent to Boba, R2, and Obi. He chose to activate Ani again, but missed on the first attack, even with a reroll, so only did 30 more damage to Satele, who then went to work on Boba. BEtween Satele's two attacks and a Senator shot, Boba went down, at which time jen'ari conceded, just short of the halfway mark.

It was a good game up until the tide turned slightly in my favor, with jen'ari making some really great plays, including locking a crucial door with R2 and moving R2 up so I had to go around to get adjacent to Boba.

Great play by UrbanShmi with Satele. The 12 square heal 20 was cool. I thought I could find an advantage with some door control, but she countered all my moves. My only hope was for Anakin to finish Satele had to hit twice needing a 9. rolled a 2 and rerolled to get another 2. that sealed my fate. If I killed Satele I had a chance. Satele with Master Speed is quite dangerous. even moreso in the hands of a Surgeon that is UrbanShmi.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 3:58:18 AM

2 games left to play. I know there have been lots of things that have come up for both groups. I'm going to extend this round until midnight eastern next Monday.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:27:59 AM

Current Standings

*Gandalf 3-0 8pts
FlyingArrow 3-1 8pts
Dr Daman 3-1 7pts
UrbanShmi 2-2 7pts
*Spryguy1981 2-1 6pts
Kiki 2-2 6pts
TimmerB123 1-3 6pts
*UrbanJedi 1-2 2pts
Jen'ari 1-3 2pts
*DarkDracul 0-3 1pt

*=game remaining

Gandalf, FlyingArrow, and Dr Daman are locked into the top 4. If spry wins he will make the top 4.

If spry loses with 0 points, UrbanShmi makes the top 4, as seen above.

If spry loses with 1 point, it will go to the tiebreaker between UrbanShmi and Spryguy1981.

In the event of a tie, they would each have two wins (tiebreaker #1) with no head-to-head match (tiebreaker #2).

Tiebreaker #3 is SOS minus worst win:
spryguy1981 24 or 25 = 10 or 11 (depending on gandalf getting 2 or 3pt win) + 6 + 8
UrbanShmi 17 to 20 = 8 + 7 + 2 to 5 (depending on how many points DarkDracul gets in his last match)

So if spry gets exactly 1 pt, he would win the tiebreaker versus UrbanShmi regardless of what else happens.

So if Gandalf wins, no other tiebreakers come into play:
1. Gandalf; 2. FlyingArrow; 3. Dr Daman; 4. spry or UrbanShmi

If spry wins with 3pts, then due to the tiebreaker he will get 1st even if gandalf earns a pt:
1. spry; 2. gandalf; 3. FlyingArrow; 4. Dr Daman

If spry wins 2-1, gandalf still takes 1st with 9pts:
1. gandalf; 2. FlyingArrow; 3. spry 4. Dr Daman

If spry wins 2-0, there are 3 players with 3-1 records and 8pts who all went 1-1 against each other.
Based on Tiebreaker #3 we would have:
FlyingArrow (7 + 8 + 8)
spryguy1981 (6 + 8 + 8)
gandalf (6 + 8 + 8)

Then spry and gandalf move to Tiebreaker #4 (SOS of defeated players minus worst win), but still tie.
And then to Tiebreaker #5 (full SOS):
spryguy1981 (6+8+2*+8)
gandalf (6+2+8+8)

Spry would win that tiebreaker as long as urbanjedi gets at least 1 pt in his last game. Otherwise roll-off to determine seed. Kind of a moot point anyway since spry and gandalf would face each other as 2/3 seeds and there's no home-field advantage for being seed #2.
1. FlyingArrow; 2. spryguy1981; 3. gandalf; 4. Dr Daman
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, July 21, 2019 8:59:45 PM

I'm giving the win for this round to Gandalf. We couldn't get schedules lined up. I had my daughter for 2 weeks and fell asleep the night I was supposed to play. Also assessing a double loss on round 4 to both UrbanJedi and Dark_Dracul as they didn't get it in and both agreed they couldn't play.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 8:50:14 AM

So Top 4 pairings should be:

Gandalf vs UrbanShmi 1 vs 4
Flying Arrow vs Dr Daman 2 vs 3

Gandalf and I have tentatively scheduled a match for Friday at 6 pm Eastern. I hope it's okay that we went ahead--I wanted to get something scheduled, as I leave for Gen Con on Sunday

If these aren't the pairings for some reason, please excuse my presumptuousness.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:50:40 AM

Looks right to me.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2019 3:42:17 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard over UrbanShmi 200-33 on Cantina

UrbanShmi won map roll and chose her map, I set up on the left side in/just outside the Atrium. She set up in/outside the Storage Room in the upper right. Shmi brought in a Mirialan JK, and I brought in 3 Rodian Brutes.

Round 1: I advance my squad into the Cantina, keeping most of my squad in range of Talon's bubble. I run Jarael into gambit, and open the door above gambit with my R7. Shmi moves her squad into the corridors, keeping them tucked away safely. She sacrifices a Loth-cat to get Satele a bit further. Shmi outactivates and makes a bold play: Satele runs 18 squares at the end of the round with Master Speed, ending up right next to Boba AFH. Gambit to me. 14-0

Round 2: UrbanShmi wins init and goes first, but I use Talon's pseudo-Intuition and Boba flies back to safety. Satele moves to attack Morrigan once at +20/40, but rolls a 1 (ouch) and can't reroll or get any more attacks because she's in Talon's bubble. Boba shoots and hits Satele three times for 90dmg (10 HP left), and Ponda shoots at her but misses. Shmi runs the Mirialan up 18 squares with Master Speed next to Jarael and out of Ysalamiri/Disruptive, and the Senator cannons her to kill Jarael (failed both Parry saves). Dr Evazan performed Homicidal Surgery on Satele, killing her, and Morrigan charged adjacent to the Mirialan JK and rolled a critical hit and a critical miss (10 HP left). Talon moved up to get the Mirialan in the bubble, but rolled a 1 against her. A Rodian also tried to kill her but missed. Shmi moved up some of her other attackers closer to the action and then Marn finished the Mirialan off with a crit. I ended the action for the round by locking the top door with the R7, and Shmi moved the rest of her squad up. We both get gambit. 61-33

Round 3: UrbanShmi wins init and makes me go first. I move Ponda next to Talon just in case with pseudo-Intuition, and move a Rodian to block the bottom door. Shmi blows up the top door with an Ugnaught and the Army of Light Jedi Lord moves inside to base Morrigan, taking one hit (bubbled) and then another hit (80 left) from a couple of Rodians. The Lord then hits Morrigan twice for 60 (10 left). Morrigan shoots the Lord back and hits him twice (20 left). Ponda moves up next to Morrigan to bodyguard her and kills the Lord with a 14. UrbanShmi conceded at that point as she saw no way to eat through all of my damage. The score at the end was 93-33.

The Army of Light build UrbanShmi played is a pretty dangerous tier 1.5ish squad IMO, with lots of movement and plenty of damage output, and with a good amount of beef. Unfortunately for Shmi, it was a very bad matchup for her with Talon's Disruptive and Ysalamiri stopping a lot of her tricks. Running Satele right up in my face at the start was a risky move which didn't end up paying off because she rolled a 1, and after Satele died without dealing damage it was much harder for the rest of Shmi's squad to pull it off. Thanks for the game.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 5:43:44 AM

I reached out to Damian a few days ago but have not heard anything back. At this point I can no longer play before GenCon.
Dr Daman
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:04:25 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I reached out to Damian a few days ago but have not heard anything back. At this point I can no longer play before GenCon.

Sorry, I've only just seen this. Bloomail hasn't been sending me emails lately. If we can't play at all, then you can have the win (keen to play the game, but it doesn't really bother me as I was only playing to make up numbers). If we can play after Gen Con, we can work it out via FB messenger if that helps.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2019 6:29:06 PM

Up to spry but I'm fine with playing after GenCon.
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 1:34:34 PM

Post GenCon is fine.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 10:38:56 AM

Dr Daman beats FlyingArrow on Anchorhead.