RegisterDonateLogin

I'm a Toydarian. Mind tricks don't work on me. Only Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 189 - Rebel Storm 2.0 - Mini V-Set Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2020 10:38:34 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Imagine if Rebel Storms was released as a V-Set today. This week's challenge isn't to make new minis, but to update old ones. Since we are upgrading pieces, and not inventing them from scratch, the rules will be a little different this week...

1. Pick 3 mini's from Rebel Storm.
2. Recreate that piece exactly. (HP, Cost, Special abilities, etc.)
3. Add Special abilities and commander effects until the character's are competitive and appropriately priced by modern meta and power creep.

The contestant with the best 3-piece mini-v-set wins! Pieces should be judged on likelihood of seeing game-play in competitive scenes, balance, and flavor/representation.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities, but must be from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sunday, July 12th, 2020 @8pm EDT to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 5pm (Not 8:00 because us Americans will be illegally setting off fireworks in our backyards) on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EDT on Monday, July 13th, 2020.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2020 12:29:40 PM
Groups: Member

Hey... You might want to change the rules... I edited them a bit for the last CCC Week...
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2020 1:04:47 PM

Ope. Thanks! I'll update tonight if still wrong.
Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2020 1:20:56 PM

Check the deadline. I had decreased it to leave time before my 4th of July celebration. Also, there's a typo in "must" in the first line.
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2020 5:09:28 AM

Should be ok now?

Do y'all think this weeks idea is OK? Or is it too much? I can update it so it's just 1 piece if the 3 is overwhelming or too much. I liked the updating a piece idea, but updating 1 existing piece feels like only half a CCC because the piece already exists when you start.
Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2020 8:35:49 PM

adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 5:14:44 AM

General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 1:53:16 PM

Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2020 8:00:00 PM

1.Grievous
2.adamb0nd
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2020 6:29:33 PM

1. Gg
2.zenkarp
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2020 6:46:12 PM

1. Darth Zenkarp
2. GG
3. adamb0nd

Nobody is going to like my comments for this but here goes...

Zenkarp's Bothan Spy boost is too small. Lando is actually pretty good - he can be double/twin/GMA with a +10dmg boost from Talon. 80 dmg at that cost isn't bad at all. Gamorrean Guard is actually too good. The Fringe bodyguards have a very delicate balance. Take a look at their HPs and the cost progressions. They aren't all equally good, but none is strictly better than the others as you go up in cost/HP. However, this Gammorean Guard strictly outclasses the Twi'lek. Lower cost, same HP, better damage, and no drawbacks. I would've considered that diqualifying, but GG and adamb0nd had worse transgressions.

GG uses Escape Death on Bossk and adamb0nd uses Spy on Princess Leia. Those abilities are arguably broken on epics - they shouldn't be anywhere close to pieces with a cost under 20. Those were both disqualifying for me, which leaves Zenkarp at the top of my list by default.

The Ewok (adamb0nd) and IG-88 (GG) both have enough v-set boosts that they don't need a reboot at all. They're playable as-is. The RS IG-88, though, is the first one to be dropped from an IG squad if you don't want to bring all 4, so the reboot there works better than an Ewok boost. And GG's take on IG is pretty good. GG's Boba is also pretty good, but probably too similar to Boba BH. Dengar's a nice, simple boost and works just fine. Overall, that leaves GG ahead of adamb0nd.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2020 9:42:50 PM

2nd Adam
1st Zen

Close one for me and awesome to see you guys both put tons of work in, I like the simple fixes for Zens, arguably Adams are stronger but Spy is a tricky one, and I suppose so is escape death haha, presumed dead maybe would have been safer. Also I would argue that playable doesn’t mean good and the goal is to upgrade to competitive in today’s crazy meta.

It also looks like a tie Zen, did you want to post up the one for this week or want me to present something?
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:37:21 PM

Alright I have heard nothing so I’ll post a new one up shortly