RegisterDonateLogin

Nom Anor says, "It's da bomb!"

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Power Creep Cancellation Tourn Reporting Thread Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2020 8:50:00 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Legacy + V11 over CotF +V15 on Rhen Var.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:25:17 PM

Looks like I don't need to mention the winner's bracket anymore regarding deadlines.

There is still one game outstanding from loser's bracket round 1.

Please complete your loser's bracket round 2 match-ups by June 17, 11:59pm EDT.
Naarkon
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2020 7:20:04 PM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow and I played our match.

Clone Strike + V18 vs Jedi Academy + V7 on Rebel Fortress.

We both kinda crowded into gambit and attacked each other. I made several nice evades in the beginning and he had a short string of attacks that all barely missed that helped to tip the balance in my favor. Doctrine of fear and armor is pretty tough for lots of small shooters to get through.

Jedi Academy + V7 won 119-213
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 5:48:35 AM

Tonight is the deadline for Loser's Bracket Round 2. There is still 1 game missing from that round.

Please complete Loser's Bracket Round 3 by June 24, 2020 (11:59EDT).
Please complete Loser's Bracket Round 4 by June 28, 2020 (11:59EDT).
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2020 12:45:04 PM

I'm conceding my round 2 game to Bryan (V14 and BH vs. V12 and TFU) as I can't play tonight.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2020 7:49:22 PM

KotOR + V-set 10 beats The Force Unleashed + V-set 12 90-71

Gungans were able to topple barely get around the Big Orange Wall

DarkDracul - TFU + V-set 12 (More Civilized Age + The Force Awakens)
--Big Orange Wall--
60 Darth Plagueis, The Wise
25 Barada on Desert Skiff
40 Skyborn Ranger on Uvak x2
13 Glitterstim Dealer
8 Muun Tactics Broker
7 Ugnaught Tech
35 Caamasi Noble x7
10 Killik Drone x2
(198pts. 16 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/216016/big-orange-wall
Map: Gangster's Vault

vs

TimmerB - KotOR + V-set 10 (Evasive Action + Rebels)
--Power Creep KotOR + Vset 10 - Cesta Fiesta--
35 Dengar on Swoop Bike
23 Captain Panaka
22 Zakarisz Ghent
20 Captain Tarpals
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
18 Jar Jar Binks
55 Gungan Artillerist x5
8 Ugor Droid Scrapper
(199pts. 12 activations)
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/216011/power-creep-kotor---vset-10---cesta-fiesta
Map: Great Library

Played on Gangster's Vault. Gungans on the right.

This game was a sludge. I thought I put Tarpals safely tucked away in the top right room. Bryan showed me my error in round 2 when he went with both of his Uvaks to get him. It was a good move, but it put the uvaks out of play for most of the game. I ended up killing one. Otherwise it was me tossing single cestas after round 2 at Plagueis and the skiff, both with Damage reduction. He got about average saves, and luckily the skiff didn't get Plagueis' CE to heal at the end of the round, so I eventually wore him down. I repeatedly threw a proximity mine 40 on the skiff, which made him very hesitant to disembark any of the scrubs after he let Plagueis off. Jar Jar scared him just enough to make him consider multiple attack vectors, but Plagueis never actually came in the room, despite blowing the top 1 square wide door with the killik early on. I used Ghent's override just enough to make him have to work for it. Plagueis ended up killing a couple of Gungans, and a final battering charge (actually the first one outside of Tarpals) killed my sheildbearer and another artillerist. I finished off his skiff, and took out a couple scrubs to finish the round after time was called. The difference was literally the Muun kills. I squeaked it out but have no idea how I would have ever wore down Plagueis before he took me out. 50/50 saves for 10 damage (after damage reduction) and lots of running around does not make for a quick game.
Naarkon
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 7:25:06 PM

FlyingArrow and I played Jedi Academy + V7 vs Legacy of the Force + V11

I won map roll and chose to use my map, Rebel Fortress.

FlyingArrow was able to get into gambit and set up with battle ready on Jacen. Starting in round 2 I was also able to get some guys in gambit, and from there it was mostly close quarters combat. Distraction on Ben and Disruptive on Han were pretty big, as it turned off Sha'kel's CE a couple times and prevented several evade rolls. I was able to hit Jacen twice with thud bug, which let me concentrate on Ben and moving into gambit early on. Predictive reflexes let Jacen hit back pretty well, and Callista and the bodyguard kept him alive for a while as well. Behind him, Han shot at any weakened guys and danced in and out of doctrine of fear using his own disruptive bubble to stop evades.

The MVPs were definitely Han and Sha'kel. Accurate and disruptive let Han do quite a bit of damage, and doctrine of fear helped keep my guys safe (although his cannon CE cost me a Praetorite who rolled badly). By the final round the score was 163-188 in my favor, and Han and Sha'kel were both low on health. FlyingArrow won init and needed 2 hits and one failed armor save to win, but was only able to hit once, taking Sha'kel down to 20 remaining. Sha'kel then cleaned up Han and ended the game.

Final score 163-238 in favor of Jedi Academy + V7
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 4:48:33 PM

Down to the top 6 squads.

winner of: MotF +4 vs Jedi Academy +V7

will play

winner of: KotOR + V10 vs Galaxy at War +V6

to make the top 4. (loser places 4th)

Then the winner will face Clone Wars + V9 (loser places 3rd)

Finally the winner of that gets to face Imperial Entanglements + V8 (possibly for a second time) for the title.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2020 3:13:32 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Down to the top 6 squads.

winner of: MotF +4 vs Jedi Academy +V7

Naarkon and I played, and if not for bad luck, I'm not sure if naarkon would have any luck at all.

We had a pretty rip roaring game going right up until about round 3, when I won init and with a went first with Saba (she was based by both shakel and the ossus guardian). I attacked the guardian because he had 1 less defense and would be easier to hit, and used precision, thinking that if I could hit both (needing 9s), and he failed both armors, I could kill the ossus, and even worst case if it lived, it would only have 10-20 hp. Well, Saba rolled double crits to erase the ossus, which was a huge game turning set of rolls. From there on out, the rest was mostly mop up. Had Naarkon won init, he probably could have killed saba, and then the tide would have been in naarkons favor. If the ossus had survived, he almost certainly would have killed Saba, and it would have come down to IG88 and some support vs his injured ossus and slightly injured shakel. Would have been a very tight match the rest of the way. Either way, it was a fun game throughout with the dice decidedly in my favor.

MOTF wins 235-79
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2020 9:59:34 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Tonight is the deadline for Loser's Bracket Round 2. There is still 1 game missing from that round.

Please complete Loser's Bracket Round 3 by June 24, 2020 (11:59EDT).
Please complete Loser's Bracket Round 4 by June 28, 2020 (11:59EDT).

Please complete the Round 4 games tonight. Since I didn't give a reminder until now, we'll extend it another day. Please complete Loser's Bracket Round 4 by June 29, 2020.

Please complete Loser's Bracket Round 5 by July 5, 2020.
Please complete Losers' Bracket Round 6 (i.e. Loser's Bracket finals) by July 11, 2020.
Please complete the tournament finals by July 17, 2020.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:46:14 PM

Loser's bracket should be called Consolation bracket lol. Loser's bracket sounds disparaging.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2020 1:48:12 PM

Fair enough, but we (almost) all wound up there eventually. I was just using the term that Challenge used.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2020 5:26:13 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard beats TimmerB 133-117 on Great Library (GaW+V6 beats KotOR+V10)

Tim won map roll and chose his map. I set up on the right.

Round 1: We advance our squads. Weequay moves into the middle room and gets killed by Dengar. Tim has his guys in the left doorway protected by the Shieldbearer and my squad is behind the (locked) right door, observing social distancing to prevent Cesta-11 from spreading. 10-0 to Tim

Round 2: After a few scrubs are moved around, I open up the right door and Sugi starts shooting at the Shieldbearer (she can't see Jar Jar so no Draw Fire). First hit gets past the Energy Shield and is bodyguarded to Panaka- in hindsight we played this wrong as Bodyguard decisions should be made before Energy Shield happens. The second hit is reflected to hit Sugi. An Artillerist throws 2 Cestas at Sugi who makes 1 save (20 left). Cad pops out and kills an unprotected Artillerist, then misses Jar Jar. Twin against Jar Jar is redirected to the Shieldbearer, but I make the save so Panaka takes another 30 (10 left). Another Artillerist kills my Bespin Guard, then Cestas Sugi who makes her save. Hondo comes out and kills an Artillerist, then Todo runs up in front of everyone else. Ghent almost hits Todo with his +1 atk, then Overrides the right door closed. An Artillerist puts 20 on Todo. Talon moves up next to the locked right door. Panaka kills Todo. Dengar kills Sugi. No gambit. 62-22 to Tim

Round 3: I win init and go first. Hondo runs up with the Talon move to base a few of Tim's guys and shoots the Shieldbearer after making the Draw Fire save against Jar Jar. Panaka bodyguards and dies. Ugor Droid Scrapper crits Hondo (50 left). I open the right door and Talon runs out to kill the Ugor, which was probably a mistake. Talon gets Cesta'd 4 times and makes 2 saves. Cad kills an Artillerist. Shieldbearer Atlatls Hondo, also affecting himself, Jar Jar, Dengar. Everyone makes their saves except the Shieldbearer who dies. Jar Jar and Ghent miss Hondo, then Dengar flies over to hit Talon for 20 (20 left) and then mobiles back to Hondo. 82-62 to me

Round 4: I win init and Talon runs away out of the middle room. An Artillerist Cestas Hondo, Ghent, Jar Jar and Dengar- Ghent and Hondo fail. Same again and Ghent and Dengar fail. Hondo tries to shoot Jar Jar but kills himself instead. Cad rolls out to shoot Jar Jar- first attack gets redirected and kills Ghent. Third and fourth kill Jar Jar and Cad runs to cover. Dengar decides to move into gambit instead of running after Talon, and and R7 locks the right door to stop him having second thoughts. Gambit to Tim. 122-107

Round 5: Time is up. I win init and kill an Artillerist and put 30 on Dengar. Tim can't kill anyone so it's game. Gambit to Tim. Final score 133-117
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2020 3:33:42 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard beats urbanjedi 205-136 on Anchorhead (GaW+V6 beats MOTF+V4)

I won map roll and chose Anchorhead. Jason set up on the right.

Round 1: We both advance.

Round 2: IG88A gets an early shot at Sugi after being levitated in, missing one attack to leave her on 40HP. Unfortunately for me Jason is way better at hiding his squad than me, so I can't shoot anyone.

Round 3: I win init and Cad runs in to shoot IG88A, hitting 3/4 to drop 80 after one Shields save is made. IG88A bases Cad and drops him to 20, but Cad manages to evade a couple of shots from Jason's cheaper attackers. Hondo drops 50 on Ganner, Lowbacca repairs IG88A up to 60 but Talon drops him back to 40. Jason leaves levitating in Saba with Ganner too late, and I'm able to surround Cad with R7s, Todo and my Bespin Guard so that Saba can't get to him without taking a bunch of AoOs- so she kills the Bespin instead. Sugi drops 60 on Saba.

Round 4: I win init and Cad is able to take out both Saba and IG88A, and then runs away. Lowbacca runs after Cad and kills him. Eventually I'm able to squeeze out a victory against the remainder of Jason's squad with only 20HP Sugi, 50HP Talon and an R7 left.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2020 3:38:33 PM

Down to 3 contestants remaining.

Clone Wars + V9 (Darth O)
Galaxy at War + V6 (gandalfthegreatestwizard)
Imperial Entanglements + V8 (urbanjedi)

Winner of Darth O and gandalf will play urbanjedi in the finals. In the finals, urbanjedi automatically wins map roll by virtue of winning the winner's bracket (or automatically loses map roll - his choice). The finals will be a rematch, regardless of who wins between gandalf and Darth O.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2020 3:47:16 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
In the finals, urbanjedi automatically wins map roll by virtue of winning the winner's bracket (or automatically loses map roll - his choice).

That should even out the final, it would have been a piece of cake for me or Darth_O otherwise. :)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2020 3:54:18 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
In the finals, urbanjedi automatically wins map roll by virtue of winning the winner's bracket (or automatically loses map roll - his choice).

That should even out the final, it would have been a piece of cake for me or Darth_O otherwise. :)

You versus Darth O is the real finals. I should have banned both IE and V8 from the beginning. Pairing them up was just dumb luck added to me not paying attention.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2020 1:38:44 AM

gandalfthegreatestwizard beats Darth_O 124-49 on Anchorhead (GaW+V6 beats CW+V9)

I won map roll and chose Anchorhead. O set up on the right with his Ewok Catapult in the Warehouse.

Round 1: We both advance, trying to keep out of each others' line of sight. I lock the right and left doors in gambit, and the Ewok Catapult blows the top gambit door up. I end the round by moving Cad to an aggressive position just to the right of gambit. No gambit this round. 0-0

Round 2: I won init and decided to Talon move Cad to safety and let O go first. The Catapult blows up the right door to gambit. I move fodder and start opening doors to go around the top of the map with an R7. Jind and a Sniper advance along the lower side of the map, staying out of sight behind corners. Rex and Dev both stay pretty much where they are in the East Plaza. Hondo moves into the Barracks, opening a door, and Todo Overrides another door. Padme moves into the Warehouse with the Catapult, and Yobuck comes with her. Cad runs up next to Hondo. 0-0

Round 3: O won init and elected to go first. Talon moves Cad into the Office. The Catapult blows up the right door to the Office with Siege Weapon; Cad makes his save so he only takes 10dam. Todo moves in and Overrides the bottom door to the Office, and Cad shoots Yobuck, hitting 3 times, then runs back into the Barracks. A Sniper moves up into the Office, and the Sniper moving around the bottom snipes the Bespin Guard. Hondo shoots the Sniper in the Office, then an R7 locks the Office door, abandoning Todo to his fate. Rex and Dev move up into the Warehouse. I open the right door to the gambit room. Yobuck kills Todo. Sugi kills the other Sniper. Jind moves into gambit just below the right door. Gambit to O. 32-29

Round 4: O won init and lets me go first. Talon moves Cad back down into the West Plaza and Hondo comes back down into the Plaza. The Catapult blows up the right door to the Barracks, and Padme mobiles out to shoot at an R7, missing twice. I close the bottom door of the Barracks with the R7 and spin Talon. Rex and Dev both move around into the little room just above gambit. Sugi moves up the right door and shoots at Jind needing 4s but misses one, then the other R7 locks the right door. Jind moves around the bottom of gambit and shoots Cad with Accurate, rolling a crit to drop 40dam (failed Evade so 30HP left), and I made the Jolt save. Yobuck moves around into gambit just above the lower door. Cad kills Jind and runs as far away as possible from Yobuck. Gambit to O. 53-39

Round 5: O won init and lets me go first, and Sugi runs away out of sight. Catapult blows up the right door. Dev moves up to the right door and shoots a Missile at Sugi and an R7; Sugi makes her save. Hondo shoots Yobuck with Accurate, dropping him to 20, but the Weequay proceeds to miss Yobuck needing a 6. Yobuck gallops in and kills Weequay and an R7, and drops 40 on Sugi and 20 on Talon. Rex comes in to shoot Hondo but misses 3/4 needing 10s. Talon misses the kill shot on Yobuck, and then Cad takes out Yobuck and Dev. No other damage could be dealt, and time was up, so we called it. 125-57
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 3:45:44 PM

So the 2 squads we all predicted to win are in the finals.

(Also the two that knocked out my KotOR/vset 10 squad 😰)
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, July 9, 2020 3:15:58 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
gandalfthegreatestwizard beats urbanjedi 205-136 on Anchorhead (GaW+V6 beats MOTF+V4)
Jason leaves levitating in Saba with Ganner too late, and I'm able to surround Cad with R7s, Todo and my Bespin Guard so that Saba can't get to him without taking a bunch of AoOs- so she kills the Bespin instead. Sugi drops 60 on Saba.

Yeah this one hurt, but great play by gandalf