RegisterDonateLogin

Is in command now.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-set 21: What do you want to see? Options
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 4:05:45 PM
Groups: Member

So happy to see Kao Cen Darach, Ven Zallow and Nico Okarr get minis!

I would like to once again put in a word for Ima-Gun-Di.

Haha... what about... Deadeye Duncan? I hesitate to request what would basically be a meme piece, but it'd be interesting to see if the designers could do anything interesting with him.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2020 3:15:06 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Suggestion for a way to boost Jedi (in whichever faction):

Allies with Lightsaber Deflect gain Master Lightsaber Deflect (same as LSDeflect but works on a save 6).

Makes LSDeflect actually better than LSDefense in some situations.
jak
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2020 5:07:57 AM

here's my Jabba's Rancor- [http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27356/pateesa]
jak
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2020 5:12:56 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
My bois noa and teek, so I can die happy.

very few of use die happyFlapper

your love of Ewoks, would make an interesting psychological essayBlink
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2020 7:20:46 PM

jak wrote:
adamb0nd wrote:
My bois noa and teek, so I can die happy.

very few of use die happyFlapper

your love of Ewoks, would make an interesting psychological essayBlink

Grew up on the Ewok films when I was too young to know how bad they were. And even now I think they nailed some things for the spirit of star wars. They're awesomely bad.

Willow is one of my favorite films, and I've been a huge fan of Warrick Davis most my life. He really brought the ewoks (wicket) to life in rotj with his acting skills as a 9 year old. He's been in a few other star wars films in small parts.

My LGS had a box of A&E opened and the booster check list and I saw their was an ewok hang glider and wicket. I was playing saga edition at the time and justified i could use the pieces for that game. Been here since.

I like the ewoks, but swarms aren't my favorite. I really like what the vsets direction 3PO to make potent ewok lower act ewok squads, and I'd like to see that expanded. maybe some way to get more mileage out of your generic ewoks. Less but better ewoks.

I'd also like to see
Leebo
Mando subset or pieces
Lando Calrissian, Old Sportsman
I wouldn't mind seeing more "young" pieces. Lower cost variants of generally high cost unqiues. You can some fun with factions that way too. (fringe han, republic dooku, etc).
Darth Zenkarp
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2020 3:38:04 PM

For another V-set I’d like to see a few more black sun units. It’s probably not going to happen, but I’d like to see a set explore more into the entire organization of Black Sun and not just stuck with non-unique units.

The idea of the Ewoks is also a nice addition. I like all the Ewok units, and more really wouldn’t hurt, as I feel they are very much underutilized.
More units I want to see are- Boss Nass and more Gungans, more Neimodians, a few more Ugnauts, and more species without too many units like the Kaleesh, the Huks, the Caamasi, the Mon Calamari, the Chiss, and lastly, the Bothans.

I don’t expect to get any of these, but I’d be happy to see at least one.
-Darth ZenkarpWink
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2020 6:23:28 AM

Thanks y'all, teeks covered. So now I just need Noa and Teek Unleashed.

I also noticed that the separatist faction has no Unique Droid Followers. That seems wrong. Fix that.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2020 8:33:35 PM

The New Hope cantina scene is well covered. I'd like to see at least one new species from either Maz's cantina or the Episode 2 cantina.
kiki
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2020 9:55:06 PM

Seeing some more stuff from the latest star wars canon media (Clone Wars, more Mandolorian pieces, Fallen Order etc) would be cool
harryg
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2020 9:56:07 PM

Appo with a boost for 501st or some kind of Vader's Fist Synergy (Maybe even with Pong Krell?)

Orn Free Taa (could help Twi'Leks) and Onaconda Farr (more senators in general I think would be cool)

Po Nudo

Cliegg Lars? Some kind of synergy with Shmi or Anakin or something? It might not work but hey why not try

Breha Organa (Bail's wife)

The Daughter and the Son?????

Oola? (the slave dancer the rancor eats in Return of the Jedi).

more Mandalorian (the show) characters like Cara Dune

adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 5:19:55 AM

I'm surprised we don't have an Oola yet. +1
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 10:59:36 AM

I'd like to see Muuurgh, Han Solo's Togorian friend before Chewbacca came that appeared in the books The Paradise Snare and Rebel Dawn. He was a favorite character of mine from the Han solo trilogy of books
harryg
Posted: Thursday, August 6, 2020 3:02:37 AM

Adding to this Death Watch pieces. While Death Watch has expanded significantly I think the general Death Watch squad build is hit hard by CE suppression.

Additionally, while the Death Watch Maul does have synergy with Savage Oppress
it would be cool to see some kind of newer Death Watch/Mandalorian Maul that encompasses his time on Mandalore in Clone Wars Season 7.

Also more Partisan pieces, Lux is very cool.

I also second requests for pieces from Fallen Order and newer Clone Wars episodes:

-Those two girls with Ahsoka
-A Pyke Syndicate piece
- Jesse or Kix maybe
- a newer Republic Rex, a newer Republic Ahsoka
-the Bad Batch (similar design to Delta Squad maybe, with Crosshair, Wrecker, Tech, and Hunter filling similar roles to Sev, Scorch, Fixer and Boss respectively) and/or Echo/Domino squad to go with Fives
- a new Admiral Trench/Wat Tambor/Skako Minor battle droids

FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, August 9, 2020 9:28:17 AM

2 or 3 more appearances of Stifling Attack and/or Makashi Style Mastery.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, August 9, 2020 10:16:10 AM

Lots of untapped gold from Knights of the Old Republic I and II. Master Vrook could be an interesting piece (Does the OR need another variant of Prideful? Flapper), but there are also plenty of one-off quest figures that I think are interesting enough they could be cool tech pieces. Folks like the Dantooine militia commander Zherron, General Vaklu of Onderon, Komad Fortuna the Krayt Dragon hunter. HK-51 droids? Yuthara Ban? Jorak Uln? The possibilities are endless.

Hanharr and G0-T0 haven't made an appearance yet. It'd even be cool to see Bao-Dur, Atton, and Mira get Jedi-trained versions. (not sure exactly which of them were canonically trained as Jedi - it seems pretty clear that Brianna and Mical were trained as Jedi, and we have them already, but with the others it's a bit more grey).

None of these are specific requests, just sayin' that KotOR has a veritable army of interesting nobodies that could make for fun minis.
adamb0nd
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2020 8:12:00 PM

Ewok musicians. Would be a fun custom to make some storm trooper skull drums, and Teek has set a precedent for a sub faction in the sub factiom to develop further.

Also, Wilford Brimley died this month. We should make a musician noa in his honor.
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2020 5:08:23 AM

harryg wrote:

- a newer Republic Rex, a newer Republic Ahsoka

Seriously, how do we not have at least a new (Republic) Ahsoka? I get Rex since "Captain Rex" is so useful, but still, a new one would be nice. We've gotten like 8 new Obi-Wans.

Also Clone Commando Gregor
Mando
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2020 11:58:37 AM

Ahsoka Tano during the last story arc of Clone Wars Season 7. Prior to being Fulcrum, but after leaving the Jedi.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2020 2:48:32 PM

In line with theme of the CCC this week, I would also love to see more pieces like Yaddle that boost old early set characters into playability. Example giving Destroyer Droids Ion Shielding and +4 to save rolls, and a boost to the Separatist uniques from Clone Strike like:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23132/darth-sideous--hologram

Also we need to give Huges some kind of Overwatch/sentry/infantry turret where they can use up their attacks to set up an auto shot on the first enemy that moves close/shoots at them each round.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2020 5:42:22 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:
Lots of untapped gold from Knights of the Old Republic I and II. Master Vrook could be an interesting piece (Does the OR need another variant of Prideful? Flapper), but there are also plenty of one-off quest figures that I think are interesting enough they could be cool tech pieces. Folks like the Dantooine militia commander Zherron, General Vaklu of Onderon, Komad Fortuna the Krayt Dragon hunter. HK-51 droids? Yuthara Ban? Jorak Uln? The possibilities are endless.

Hanharr and G0-T0 haven't made an appearance yet. It'd even be cool to see Bao-Dur, Atton, and Mira get Jedi-trained versions. (not sure exactly which of them were canonically trained as Jedi - it seems pretty clear that Brianna and Mical were trained as Jedi, and we have them already, but with the others it's a bit more grey).

None of these are specific requests, just sayin' that KotOR has a veritable army of interesting nobodies that could make for fun minis.

I still want the Sith Governor on Taris.