Programmed for etiquette and protocol.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

N/U Wars Vassal League! Options
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2021 7:32:04 AM
Groups: Member

DarkDracul wrote:
Week 3.

I won map, I won key inits, my rolls were garbage but I made some good moves with Rolling Cleave.
It really came down to a few important inits. gg UrbanJedi.

All true, and exactly how this barnburner of a game played out. One of the closer games I have played recently.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2021 9:41:39 AM

Week 4 Pairings are posted.

As always, the deadline is midnight on Friday. I'll post the next pairings on the following Saturday. Please contact your opponent to start finding a mutually-convenient time for your match.

======

As for Uvaks and the ban for them.... Thank you to everyone who gave their input. I think the simplest solution is going to be this: Each player may use Uvaks (as many as desired) in a squad ONCE during league play. So if you've already used them, then you can't use them again...and if you haven't used them yet, then you're free to use them once before the end of the league. That seems like the fairest way to go about it. Uvaks will be completely banned in the playoffs.

urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2021 12:43:59 PM

thereisnotry wrote:

Match Reporting
The winning player reports the match, in this thread. Please include the following information:
--The Week # that this match was part of.
--Winning player: Points, Score, Faction
--Losing player: Points, Score, Faction
--The map that you played on, along with a brief summary of the action. Be sure to list any MVPs or epic plays. (Don’t forget to blame the Vassal dice!)

match week #1
urban jedi (2,135,OR) winning player
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/223197/non-u-or

timmerb123 (1,131,OR) other player
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221785/nu-sweeping-crew

Played on ravaged base
Dice,Dice,Dice

Missed attacks, made attacks, missed makashi, made makashi, init.

As one would expect in a mirror match it came down to the end and was a super close match.
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 5:42:05 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Adamb0nd vs UrbanShmi.

3-1

150 pts to 130 pt

AB: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/223175/9-for-mortal-men--doomed-to-die
Star Port Terminal

US: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221934/republic-squad-for-trevors-tourney
Ravaged Base

Laura won map roll and we played hers. I locked the middle door and managed a gambit round one. We basically piled up forces on both sides of the door. Round two it opened and there were save 11s everywhere. The entire game was neck and neck, and we were never more than 15-20 points appart. I couldn't seem to make my saves (even with a porg bonus), except on my 3 point pieces, while the +4 gungan saves paid off a few times vs my splash or friendly atlatls.

I managed to get initiative the final round, which is well. The game likely would have gone the other way if I hadn't. One of the better games I've played and also one of the closest. GG!

adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 6:23:40 AM

I don't know why I thought my wraith squadron pilots had twin- but FA just pointed out that they certainly don't. Neither Shmi or I contested this during play

http://www.bloomilk.com/Character/1555/wraith-squadron-pilot

I must have seen it on another piece while considering squad building and mixed up my brains. There is no way I would have beaten Shmi without my pilots shooting twice. I don't know how we remedy that (bye? give her 3-0?), but im fine with whatever ruling needs to take place to give her the win she deserves.

Sorry Laura!
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 6:27:45 AM

I'm mildly dyslexic and I think in briefly glancing at the stats, this is what threw me off

LOL Blink Bored
DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2021 11:24:11 PM

Match: Week 4

Darkdracul (3, 150, Old Republic) defeats Thereisnotry (1, 123, Sith) on Starport Terminal.

thereisnotry: http://www.bloomilk.com/squad/221991/nu--sith-troopers

Darkdracul:
--Antarian Ranger Miniverse--

I won map. (Starport Terminal).
Round 1
Trevor rolls a big 20 init to start the game. We move towards Gambit. ARTS Trooper Shatter Beams my door but I keep just outside of the gambit room. Trevor runs into the gambit room to set up shots. My Covenant Sentinel finds it's way into gambit.

Round 2 (8-0)
Trevor wins init again then Verpines with a Crit (50dam) to kill a Ranger. My Covenant Counselor spends for Force Sense, pop an xt and two Rangers shoot a Sniper. Only one hits for 30 dam. An Uggie and Infiltrator block for Snipers. My Ranger rolls a 1 but the Lieutenant hits for 30. Scrubs move. The ARTS trooper rolls big and kills the Infiltrator. My Executor runs into the gambit. Two Snipers run and put 20 damage on the unstealthy Consular. A Camassi Noble blocks up a square next to those Snipers.

Round 3 (29-22)
Trevor rolls a 7, I roll a 6, so I use Anticipation and roll a 4. My Executor “surprise moves” towards the Snipers. His Sniper goes, xt pops, an Eternal Sith Trooper . . 30dam to Executor. Sentinel fprr and can’t hit an EST. Executor takes 10dam AoO from EST to base the Snipers and LS Sweep with his Sith Hunter. 30dam hits all around. A Sniper kills that Executor and misses the Sentinel. A 2nd Sniper misses the Sentinel. My 1st Ranger misses, 2nd Ranger kills a Sniper. A EST puts 10dam on the Sentinel. Arts Trooper rolls big killing EST. Lieutenant kills a Sniper, Ranger kills an uggie.

Round 4 (81-49)
Roll a 19 and win my first and only Init. My unkillable Sentinel bases two Snipers to fprr and kill a Sniper. Finally, his Sith Trooper Capt kills that Sentinel and his EST gma doubles needing 7s to kill a Ranger but rolls a 3 and 4. The Consular uses Force Sense for the last time & AR Capt kills the EST. A Sniper misses a Mouse and both Snipers run to hide in Gambit. The Rangers creep around the I-Beam.

Round 5 (115-67)
I roll 4 and Tint wins Init. A Sniper puts 30 on a Lieutenant. The ARTS Trooper takes an AOO to base his unactivated Sniper and Capt to Scramble Signal and hose his CE. The Sniper gets revenge by killing the Lieutenant. The Rangers clean up and collect gambit.

Final (Darkdracul 150 - Thereisnotry 123)

So glad I paid for Vasaal Premium this week. Thanks for hosting this Tint, awesome OR vs Sith Battle!
Mando
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 5:49:48 AM

Darth O and I got our game in last night. Darth O won 174-43. 3pt for Darth O, 0 pts for me. He'll post the report on it.

my squad was:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221848/glitter-vong

and darth O's squad was:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221936/hackin-quednak

close match even tho the score doesn't show it exactly. Darth O rolled amazing on saves and inits!
Darth O
Posted: Friday, January 29, 2021 7:34:36 PM

Mando wrote:
Darth O and I got our game in last night. Darth O won 174-43. 3pt for Darth O, 0 pts for me. He'll post the report on it.

my squad was:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221848/glitter-vong

and darth O's squad was:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221936/hackin-quednak

close match even tho the score doesn't show it exactly. Darth O rolled amazing on saves and inits!

Would have been a very different game if I hadn't won the 2nd init especially. I won map roll, so Mando set up on the right of Starport District. I chucked my Yammosk in the middle to block off the top route around the ship. Mando placed his in his starting zone.

Round 1: I move most of my dudes next to the Yammosk and Protector. Mando uses Plasma Eels three times on my Yammosk (made 2/3, 10 dmg) Subaltern (made 3/3), a Domain Lah Warrior (made 2/4 with armour, 20 dmg) and the Protector (made 1/5, dead). I had moved another Warrior up for the 3rd one, and he took 10 dmg (1/2 rolls). So overall I made 9 saves out of 17 but definitely got the important ones to keep the Subaltern alive and the Warriors damaged for Scarification. I then base a damaged Quednak with my own Quednak to bring him down to 30 HP.

Round 2: I win this massive init. This lets me kill the damaged Quednak with a Warrior and use Rolling Cleave to kill another one. A Quednak then kills that Warrior and my Quednak with a gallop and a normal attack. Another Warrior is able to kill a 3rd Quednak which was on 30 HP after Glitterstim. I base the final Quednak with 3 dudes.

Round 3: I win init and kills the final Quednak. After that Mando throws everyone forward in an attempt to get a few points, but isn't able to finish anyone off.

Round 4: Mando wins his first init of the game, but it means nothing now. I kill the Glitterstim Dealer and the game ends with no more attackers on Mando's side.

That 2nd init and enough Plasma Eel saves to give me scarification and only lose the Protector more or less sealed the game. It was fun to see a Quednak mirror match though!
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2021 9:45:32 AM

Week 5 Pairings are posted.
Hey everyone, we're now in the middle week of this 9 week event. I hope you're having fun!

Please contact your opponent asap to schedule your game.
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2021 7:02:31 AM

Hey folks. Some good news and some bad news. I landed a new job! But transitioning out of my current one and into my new one is going to consume most of my available free time for 60-90 days. I'm going to have to drop the league, as I just don't have the time or schedule for it presently. Thanks for the good games, sorry for the short notice, and good luck!
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2021 9:47:38 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
Hey folks. Some good news and some bad news. I landed a new job! But transitioning out of my current one and into my new one is going to consume most of my available free time for 60-90 days. I'm going to have to drop the league, as I just don't have the time or schedule for it presently. Thanks for the good games, sorry for the short notice, and good luck!
Congrats on the new job. Thanks for letting us know you'll have to drop.

This is going to create a bit of a change to our league rankings and pairings. Since we no longer have an odd number of players, there will no longer be a Bye. I think the simplest thing will be to go back and retroactively negate the scoring for those who have already had a Bye...now nobody will gain any points for their Bye weeks.

Also, since Darth O was Adam's opponent and urbanshmi had the Bye this week, I'll ask those two if they'd be willing to play this week.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 8:00:40 AM

I’m confused, are we allowed to play the same faction 2 weeks in a row?
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 2:30:53 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Why would you say that? We can't play the same faction 2 weeks in a row.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 2:35:25 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Why would you say that? We can't play the same faction 2 weeks in a row.

thereisnotry wrote:
Week 3 (January 14-22)
urbanshmi (0, 30, Fringe) vs Mando (3, 132, Mando)
Darth O (3, 150, Sith) vs thereisnotry (1, 127, Sith)
DarkDrakul (3, 150, Vong) vs urbanjedi (1, 104, Mando)
TimmerB123 (0, 31, Mando) vs FlyingArrow (3, 150, Sith)
adamb0nd (3, 150) vs Bye

Week 4 (January 23-29)
urbanjedi (2, 135, OR) vs TimmerB123 (1, 131, OR)
thereisnotry (1, 123, Sith) vs DarkDrakul (3, 150, OR)
Mando (0, 43, Vong) vs Darth O (3, 150, Vong)
adamb0nd (1, 130, NR) vs urbanshmi (3, 150, Republic)
FlyingArrow (3, 150) vs Bye

Maybe something was recorded incorrectly? Even if not, no doubt it was a simple oversight.
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 2:38:29 PM

Yeah, oops!
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 2:44:13 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Yeah, oops!

Not really a big deal, I just saw it and got really confused. LOL
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 5:27:17 PM

I think as far as Adam dropping, we need to drop all the byes AND all matches vs Adam. It would be unfair (in a good or bad way to those that played him based on if they won/lost).

Then it's as if he were never in the tournament.

(Totally understand your position Adam, that is not a knock on you. Just trying to figure out the most fair way to do it)
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 5:48:42 PM

Match: Week 5

TimmerB123 (3, 171, Yuuzhan Vong) defeats Thereisnotry (0, 60, Republic) on Rhen Var.

TimmerB123: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221804/nu-vongy-wongy-

thereisnotry: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/221546/nu--gungans

This match was MUCH closer than the score.

Trevor wins the massive map roll to give him a chance in a bad matchup. I put a lot of points into tech, so I really only had 2 main attackers - 2 Quednaks and a Yun-Yammka Fanatic. But they could do devastating amounts of damage. All I needed was on really massive galloping attack to wreck his squad, but he did a very excellent job preventing that. I was racking up gambit while he was trying to position to get any sorta attacks (or rather cestas etc). He had two 70hp, a 60hp elite (with bodyguard), a 40hp R7, and a DIPLOMAT!!!. Man that diplomat ruined my plans. He kept blocking my large based quednaks. He put me in a bad position, and I had to make a lame suicide run with a quednak that killed one artillerist and 60 on a warrior. The cesta shots he did get I had really good saves on, so that was big. He's clogging up the main center door with his 70hp and 60 hp Gungans. I bring my Fanatic in to try and get his Warrior and Elite down to the magic 30hp. I roll a critical then a 1, lol. Bodyguard takes 30. He has 2 attacks with his warrior and misses one, leaving my Fanatic alive. I toss a range 8 thud bug and get 10 off the warrior - which was key. Next round the fanatic goes again and puts 30 on the warrior and the bodyguard takes the rest and dies. They finish off the Fanatic. He brings his only piece with 40 or more hp up to block the quednak. I bring my Advance scout over and score a lucky hit for 10 damage. Since it's activated I have to gallop with the Quednak and hit both with a gallop and regular attack on the droid, killing them both, but stopping my movement. I lock the door. Next round he blows the door with an uggie and I'm forced to move my quednak. Still his diplomat is getting in the way in those 2 wide hallways everywhere. This game is really close, and all I have is a 30hp left Quednak that is a legit damage dealer. Trevor gets his diplomat within 6 of my Advance Agent Officer with my PV scout adjacent. He wins init and throws the cesta, but I make both saves. With nothing more than 30 hp in the way, I mow almost all of his squad. The buzzer rang right after that.

Trevor really did a fantastic job keeping me at bay all game long. Saves def went my way too.
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 7:21:24 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
I think as far as Adam dropping, we need to drop all the byes AND all matches vs Adam. It would be unfair (in a good or bad way to those that played him based on if they won/lost).

Then it's as if he were never in the tournament.

(Totally understand your position Adam, that is not a knock on you. Just trying to figure out the most fair way to do it)
Yes I was thinking that exact thing.

It's easy enough for me to update...

...and...done!

FYI...

The standings will seem a bit wonky now, because some of us have played 3 games and some of us have played 4. It'll all start to normalize eventually.

As it stands now, urbanshmi and Mando and myself have played against Adam, which means that we have all played 1 less game than everyone else. Furthermore, some of us have had unnecessary Byes (Mando and TimmerB123 and FlyingArrow), which are also now not counted. This really doesn't mean much at this point, other than the fact that some catch-up games will need to be played once the final round of Round Robin play has been completed.