RegisterDonateLogin

You don't know the power of Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

SWM Vassal Mod UPDATE: version 2.0 Options
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2020 11:58:44 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

thereisnotry wrote:
Version 20.2 is now available. Use the new link, shown in the first post of this thread.
Fixed an error with the Sith Recruits, which had them starting with 2 FP...now they start with 1 FP, as they should.

Created more Scorecards, which give varying amounts of Gambit points when you select the "Gain Gambit" option or when you highlight them and press CTRL + G. There are now Scorecards designed specifically for 100, 125, 150, 200, and 500pt matches, with proper automatic Gambit points.

It's nice when characters that can Blast doors (via Satchel Charge or Thorium Charge, etc) can create the needed marker more easily. Same thing with characters that have the Override (and Manual Override) ability. Now you can! The next time you're playing a game, take a look at a character that has one of these abilities. However, please take note that characters in any squads you've saved beforehand will need to be replaced if you want to have this functionality. So, for example, if you have an Uggie in a squad you want to use, you'll need to load your squad, pull the Uggie out, and replace it with a new Uggie (from the Units list) and then re-save your squad.

Dude, you're on fire! I watched a match earlier...last night at this point. First time ever, really. (go figure) Impressive.
Makes me want to revisit MapExplorer, but you probably have the map images I would need at this point. BlooMilk
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, August 1, 2020 7:47:21 AM
Groups: Member

swinefeld wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
Version 20.2 is now available. Use the new link, shown in the first post of this thread.
Fixed an error with the Sith Recruits, which had them starting with 2 FP...now they start with 1 FP, as they should.

Created more Scorecards, which give varying amounts of Gambit points when you select the "Gain Gambit" option or when you highlight them and press CTRL + G. There are now Scorecards designed specifically for 100, 125, 150, 200, and 500pt matches, with proper automatic Gambit points.

It's nice when characters that can Blast doors (via Satchel Charge or Thorium Charge, etc) can create the needed marker more easily. Same thing with characters that have the Override (and Manual Override) ability. Now you can! The next time you're playing a game, take a look at a character that has one of these abilities. However, please take note that characters in any squads you've saved beforehand will need to be replaced if you want to have this functionality. So, for example, if you have an Uggie in a squad you want to use, you'll need to load your squad, pull the Uggie out, and replace it with a new Uggie (from the Units list) and then re-save your squad.

Dude, you're on fire! I watched a match earlier...last night at this point. First time ever, really. (go figure) Impressive.
Makes me want to revisit MapExplorer, but you probably have the map images I would need at this point. BlooMilk
Cool! If you need me to send some images to you, then just lemme know.
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 2:16:02 PM

Version 20.3 is now available. "What does 20.3 bring?", you might ask? Well, here you go:

--People have often complained that you have to move the characters away from their current square to see what terrain they are standing on (or beside). Some people have wondered if we could have transparent (rather than white) backgrounds, but that wouldn't work very well, because the minis would blend too easily into the map art. However, I have found a way to shrink the size of the characters. Here's how it works: Each square on any map is 50 pixels high and 50 pixels wide. Each Medium- (or small-) sized character was 48x48, which allowed for a 1-pixel-wide space around each miniature. Larges were 98x98, and Huges were 148x148. However, I have now resized each character in the game. Medium (and smalls) are now 40x40, Larges are now 82x82, and Huges are now 124x124...basically, everybody lost 4 more pixels per size.

I've shared the resized version with some people and they seem to think that this new approach to sizing is much better, because it is now much easier to see the terrain the characters are standing on, and you can still easily see what character you're using. However, there's pretty much no way to improve the art on the maps, short of going into every map and drawing new lines...but I figure that if they were good enough before this, then they should still be good enough now.

--Someone suggested that we could use a better Red player color (the old Red was very faded, almost brown), so I've got a new one in there.

--I've fixed the Sith Recruits so that they only start with 1 FP (as they should), rather than with 2 FP.

Please let me know what you think.

You should note that none of these changes are necessary or mandatory; you don't need to update your SWMinis_2.vmod file if you don't want to, and your version 20.2 file should cooperate just fine with your opponent's 20.3 file. However, if you like the idea of more easily seeing the map terrain during a game, then I'd encourage you to download the new version.

Obviously, you'll need to re-save your squads if you update your file, sorry. (I know, it's a pain in the blaster!)
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 2:51:08 PM

Thanks, TINT! BlooMilk
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2020 11:12:44 AM

Version 20.4 is now available.

The reason for posting this update now is because of the new Restricted Maplist. I've re-organized the order of maps in the mod, so that these maps are now at the top of the list. The maps that have moved off of the list are now included in the list below the Restricted maps (in alphabetical order).

Other features which I've been working on in the meantime and are now available if you want them:

--Identify-- Sometimes it can be difficult to remember which V-Set piece is which. This is especially true when the same Recommended Mini is used for multiple pieces that are in the same squad (such as in an Imperial Knights squad). Because of the way that HP work in the new mod, you can no longer R-Click on a mini to see its name (rather, you need to move it or something first). Well, I've made a solution. If you highlight a mini and press CTRL-I (or R-Click and choose Identify), you can type in the character's name. This functions exactly the same as the Condition function (CTRL-C), except the words will now appear above the mini on a white background (rather than on the mini and with a yellow background). (Yes, the Condition function still works the same as always). Use this function if you need it, otherwise you can ignore it.

Arca Jeth, Jedi Spirit has the Battlemind force power, which lasts until his next turn every time he uses it. This is just like Bastilla's ABM and Atris' Force Meditation. Therefore, Arca JS now has the same feature that Bastilla and Atris do: press ALT-A to toggle the indicator on and off. If you discover or remember other characters who have abilities like this, please let me know and I can include an indicator for them as well.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2020 9:27:19 AM

Version 20.5 is now available.

Thanks to TJ, I've added the Starport District map, and found the Outlaw City map. Both are now included in the mod and positioned at the top of the map list. Enjoy!
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2021 6:24:48 PM

Version 21.0 is now available.
--Added all the new characters from V-Set 21.
--Characters with the Door Gimmick special ability (not to be confused with Advanced Door Gimmick!) can now create an Open Door marker beside their mini, just as the other door-influencers can. To do this, highlight the character and press CTRL-H to Hold a door open via Door Gimmick (or choose it from the r-click menu).
--Added new images for certain V-Set characters. Thanks to Randy for providing some high quality images of some of his custom figures! (Master Thon and the Voxyn Queen)
--Maps! Do you like maps? I do. I recently bought a big map omnibus from JediCartographer. Some of those maps were already part of Vassal, but some were not. I’ve now added many of them to Vassal; you’ll find the new ones all together in a list right below the current Restricted Maplist maps. Try them out and see what you think…who knows? We may find 1 or 2 new tournament-worthy gems somewhere in there. (Thanks to urbanjedi for alerting me that this map omnibus was available.)

thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, July 12, 2021 9:07:55 PM

Version 22.0 is now available.
I've added all the new characters from V-Set 22. Please let me know if you notice any errors!

I’ve added some minor ease-of-use upgrades as well. I think each of them is handy, but none of them is essential. Try them out and see what you think:

--Talia, Nightsister Hunter has an ability called “Invisibility Potion,” which instructs you to remove her (and an adjacent ally) from the board. Then they appear later, up to 4 squares from the place where Talia originally was. This requires a marker, so I added one. You can now press CTRL-E to create an Invisibility Token (simply delete it when it’s no longer needed).
--Added an indicator for the “Smoke Screen” special ability (4-LOM & Zuckuss, Venku Skirata, ArtooDetoo, R2 GH). It functions just like the ability indictors for ABM and Force Meditation and Battlemind (Bastilla, Atris, Arca Jeth JS). However, please remember that the effect from Smoke Screen ends at the conclusion of each round, so you’ll need to manually turn off this indicator at the end of the round.
--Added player color outlines to the Door markers, to help players more easily keep track of whose door marker belongs to whom. Also, added the ‘Identify’ function to door markers; this means that you now have 2 ways to designate which character is holding a certain door open (CTRL-I or CTRL-C).
--The “LOS Thread” tool is now updated too. In the past, if you wanted to make public (visible to your opponent) the LOS thread that you’re drawing, you had to hold down the CTRL key while using the tool. This didn’t always function properly, so I’ve simply created 2 LOS Thread tools: one of them is always Private, and the other one is always Public. To remove the line drawn by the Public LOS Thread tool, simply press its button again at the top of the screen.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 12:20:16 AM

Rockstar!
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 4:39:27 AM

thanks for your hard work on this Trevor!
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, July 13, 2021 9:38:51 PM

First off. Thank You. Second, not to be that guy, but with the change to the size of gambit. Were you gonna be able to make that change?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 6:16:00 AM

What change?
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 6:29:37 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
What change?

Floor Rules Addendum: The first sentence of Floor Rules 622.2) is changed to:
2) Occupy the map center: TEN points are scored each round that a player ends a round with a model WITHOUT DIPLOMAT that costs TEN points or more within four squares of the center of the map; ignore low objects and walls when determining this area.

Isn't gambit 3 squares right now or am I reading this incorrectly?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 6:33:22 AM

The center point counts as a square. Gambit has always been four squares technically.
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 6:34:41 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
The center point counts as a square. Gambit has always been four squares technically.

Gotcha
UrbanShmi
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 2:47:10 PM

Is anyone else having trouble with the link?
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2021 4:02:26 PM

I can't get the link to work either.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2021 4:10:36 PM

The link works for me now, but I had to download the update for VASSAL itself before it would work. I'm good to go now
Darth_Jim
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2021 5:36:39 PM

Nope. Not for me.
Caedus
Posted: Friday, July 16, 2021 5:56:21 PM

Hey Jim. Vassal itself had a new update. I had to go as far as deleting everything and starting over. Vassal and all. Now I'm up to date.