RegisterDonateLogin

Range 6

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Official Balance Committee Rulings Options
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, June 6, 2021 5:42:52 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Daala ban needs to be added here, I reckon.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 11, 2021 9:05:38 AM
Groups: Member

Updated with Daala Ban and Reinforcements' Cost floor rules addendum
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 12:56:23 PM

we need the rules changes for Diplomat added.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2021 7:02:41 AM

Temporary Diplomat ruling added

7/2021
Weeks
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 4:27:14 PM

Echo24 wrote:
I think I'm ready to support SWM 2.0. Kill everything but 400 or so cards, re-write the rule book so it's clearer and more in line with modern game design sensibilities, pare down the glossary and FAQ so they actually expound on the rules rather than being required reading, and go from there. The encyclopedia of changes to old things and explanations of new things is starting to get cumbersome I think.

I am glad that the balance committee favors re-costing things and small word changes, though. They definitely have usability in mind to a certain degree, which is admirable.

4 year old comment but I’d be super interested in making a return if something like this was to happen.
Udorian84
Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2021 5:26:28 PM

The game is awesome! Just takes a lot of time to get into the flow. I still don't know anything really but everyone is really helpful. If you would be interested if some demands are met I think you would be really interested if you just played some.

There is a tournament on Sunday! I am sure peopke would love to look over some of your squads to see if they are ready for today's game.
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2021 12:44:32 PM

Udorian84 wrote:
The game is awesome! Just takes a lot of time to get into the flow. I still don't know anything really but everyone is really helpful. If you would be interested if some demands are met I think you would be really interested if you just played some.

There is a tournament on Sunday! I am sure peopke would love to look over some of your squads to see if they are ready for today's game.
David Weeks is a long-time player of the game who stopped playing a few years ago. He even won the GenCon Championship once (I think it was 2013, or perhaps 2014)...he then designed the Ani-Obi 85pt piece as his reward.
Weeks
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2021 2:29:21 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Udorian84 wrote:

David Weeks is a long-time player of the game who stopped playing a few years ago. He even won the GenCon Championship once (I think it was 2013, or perhaps 2014)...he then designed the Ani-Obi 85pt piece as his reward.

Thanks Trev, it was 2014. A few months before my daughter Mara was born. Training her to kill Luke as we speak :)

My comment is really more centered on the fact that there’s so much in the Star Wars universe that’s changed since the game started it might be a good idea to hit reset and recalibrate. I read through some of the rules updates and I like a good many of them. I feel like when the game had good base squads and good counters to them it was really fun. I’m an outside guy now and if everyone is still having fun with it then by all means keep going. My comment just represents where I’m at.

P.S. Great job fixing Mouse Droids btw.
Udorian84
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2021 5:04:37 PM

Ani obi is a ton of fun! So great job with that.
Awesome job winning gencon!
I guess you already know what you like and things. I don't know everything but it seems like there are good counters for things right now. It definitely is hard trying to determine what to play.
DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2021 9:27:44 PM

ehh . . . this has been on the books for a long time but I don't see it listed above. (Sorry if I missed it)

Reserves (Do Not Stack) Players may only benefit from one instance of Reserves per Initiative. When a player rolls Reserves for an initiative they may only add characters via one chosen character’s Reserves Special Ability that round.
DarkDracul
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2022 9:49:18 PM

A couple of V-Set 24 Errata (Sorry everyone, these unintentionally slipped past QC).

1. The Twi'lek Jedi General's CE doesn't get extended by Booming Voice.
Once per turn, on this character's turn, if it has an ally within 6 squares, you may place that ally in a square adjacent to this character.

2. Nightsister Zombie only creates new Zombies with its attacks (not with Ethereal Spike.)
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2022 8:29:01 AM

Thanks for the quick and excellent fixes!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2022 6:32:22 PM

Yes, good fixes, thanks Bryan. Certainly not your fault that these things slipped through; playtesting and QC was undermanned for the set, in part due to my absence. I think Tim posted before that Greez Dritus is also missing Unique on his card.