RegisterDonateLogin

Do not defy the Bloo Milk, Master, not again.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Hey What's up??? Options
Dean_Miller
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2021 6:09:18 PM
Groups: Member

Hey just seeing what is going on around here?

Still living in Springfield Missouri and wondering if anyone on bloomilk is living in Springfield.

Also does anyone know if vassal works on Apple computers? I just got one and I am interested in playing on vassal again but I am only looking to play original game not really looking to V-Set anything.

I could not log into my old account so I made this one minus any real screen name just went with mine.

I hope everyone is doing well
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2021 7:11:33 PM

Hey Dean!
Yes, Vassal works on a Mac. I think TimmerB123 has a Mac, so you might want to connect with him about specifics.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2021 7:16:04 PM

Runs just fine on a Mac. A very minor few keyboard shortcuts don’t work, but they aren’t necessary. You should be able to get it up and running the same way as on a pc.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2021 10:29:36 PM

Howdy Dean!
You've returned,
"just when you thought you were out, the minis pull you back in" hehe.

Yeah, VASSAL can be made to work on Linux, Android, Apple, Xaomi etc you name it.
It can also be made to work on different browser client and have RSS etc feeds as a 'beeper ticker" for the gamestate moves.
While VASSAL is #1, there is also SWMinisplays Flash applet,
Tabletop Boardgame Simulator/Emulator etc,
which also cater for SWMinis.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Friday, October 15, 2021 8:44:15 AM

Hey Dean! I don't have a Mac but I'd be happy to play you anytime, my friend.
Dean_Miller
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2021 12:49:33 PM

Yeah I really want to get this thing set up. I bought this Mac because I am now a adjunct professor at Drury University here in Springfield and it works much faster for moodle and those types of programs where we build the online part of the class. So I am wanting to get it going on here. It took me forever to be able to figure out to get mini manager to transfer all my old squads to my old laptop so now I am wondering if I can do that on my mac also. So different, the total loss of the right click took me like a while to get used to especially when grading in the moodle for classes.

I am really looking for to playing some again. I have never stopped gaming as i played x-wing, armada and imperial assault. I stopped x-wing when the reloaded to 2.0. That kind of pissed me off. Armada and IA seemed to be doomed. I wont play Legion because I dont have the time or patience to assemble and paint. If that was so I would be playing Crisis Protocol also.

I play A song of ice and fire miniatures from CMON but they seem to have real issues with balance and playtesting so I just play with people I know not competitively. I love things like terra foming mars, scythe, twilight imperium and the such.
Dean_Miller
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2021 1:27:41 PM

ok so I got vassal set up on the mac and it was not too hard. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the vsets? I will watch the video if I need to just wondering if anyone has like a simple fix that i can do quickly?
Udorian84
Posted: Sunday, October 17, 2021 3:14:30 PM

Dean_Miller wrote:
ok so I got vassal set up on the mac and it was not too hard. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the vsets? I will watch the video if I need to just wondering if anyone has like a simple fix that i can do quickly?

I don't know the answer to your question but I do know that they separate the Vsets from the WOTC pieces by alphabet.
So the first alphabetic A-Z is all WOTC pieces, then it restarts at A for the Vset pieces. If that helps you not need to do anything extra.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2021 4:53:19 AM

Udorian84 wrote:
Dean_Miller wrote:

I don't know the answer to your question but I do know that they separate the Vsets from the WOTC pieces by alphabet.
So the first alphabetic A-Z is all WOTC pieces, then it restarts at A for the Vset pieces. If that helps you not need to do anything extra.
Udorian is correct. There is no way to 'turn off' the V-sets on Vassal...just don't scroll down to them if you don't want to see them. The V-Set minis are not mixed in with the WotC list of minis (on purpose), so I think it's pretty straight-forward.
Mando
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2021 6:07:37 AM

Dean_Miller wrote:

I play A song of ice and fire miniatures from CMON but they seem to have real issues with balance and playtesting so I just play with people I know not competitively. I love things like terra foming mars, scythe, twilight imperium and the such.

Welcome back Dean! Haven't seen you in a long while, but it is good to see some of the older players still hanging around and coming back to the game. That's awesome you like playing board games! That is my biggest hobby and Terraforming Mars is my favorite board game I own. Everdell is a close second. Just curious, but do know about Board game arena? Its a free online platform for playing board games I just found out recently from the guys on the youtube channel Shut up & sit down. It's a hidden gem for those who enjoy board gaming! Its free and you can play against people all over the world on any of their library of games (which are all publisher approved), and i like how it has built in voice chat also. They keep adding games to their library and they have some big games in there so far. www.boardgamearena.com if your interested.

Anyways, its awesome to see you around again! We might do a vassal tournament in the future with just WotC pieces if we have enough interest, so it'd be fun to play against you again if we get that going.
Dean_Miller
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2021 6:51:05 PM

ok yeah I see what you mean about the v-sets and where they are kept.

Mando I have not really checked out board game arena but i may have to.
AceAce
Posted: Sunday, November 7, 2021 8:20:39 AM

What happened with VSet 1?