RegisterDonateLogin

Has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

200pt Melee Only Tourney...Canton, OH...Jan. 17th Options
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 12:26:36 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Tournament Rules:
-200 pt - Constructed - non-DCI
-Melee Only - All characters must have the Melee Attack special ability.
-Allowing both of the Jedi Spirits (Luke and Obi).
-HoloSid will not be useable in this tournament.
-Swiss Format - 4 rds (up to 16 players)
-Each Round will be 1 hr.
-All maps are legal. Must bring your own map. If you do not have a map, you will be provided with a Death Star map. (also known as the Tractor Beam Room)
-Time and Location to be determined; will update post as soon as we know

House rule we will be using:
The Jedi Door Opening Ability for a Force Pt. (anyone with a force point can use 1 point to open a door within 6 squares. This can be used anywhere along movement but the door must be within 6 squares at the time of using the power. Cannot be used to close doors or to open doors that have been shut with Override. The door will close at the end of this character's turn unless a character ends adjacent to the door.)

PM me or "theshadowreaper" if you are interested.
amsnow
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:59:16 AM
Groups: Member

that sounds awesome, bane will be used im sure
Durge Dude
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 9:04:43 AM

I wish I was near there that I will have to try
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 12:26:27 AM

You'd be surprised as how fast Bane falls to a T1 (w/ Geo & GGDAC), with the right initiative of course.
Durge Dude
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 1:50:42 AM

T1s the BIGGEST metal shields EVER I love them I have 3
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 2:10:44 AM

160 possible damage in one turn...almost 7 to 1 HP/cost ratio...and are droids. Tough.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 8:56:17 AM

ps...the entry fee is $5.
Prizes will be divided by amount of players. Cash prizes only.
Durge Dude
Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 9:36:44 AM

Have you ever done something like you buy x amount of packs and winner has first choice and you go down the line and work you way back up that way even if you get last you get 2 pick instead of just 1 that is what we do when we play(critcounter,me and some others)
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 11:45:43 PM

Oh if it wasnt a 4 hour drive, I would be there. I never hear of anything in Knoxville. The gaming store I used to go to still has Yu Gi Oh tourneys but no SWM. Lame-os
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2009 1:12:56 AM

to Durge: We haven't done that style yet. We play closed-box tourneys where you get two random boosters and make any 100pt squad from the minis you get. No faction rules.

to Urza: Do you have at least 4 people in your area? If so, you can start your own tourneys. Our group just got into DCI, but before that we just put on our own tourneys. Hence the $5 entry for prizes. We usually have about 10 people per tourney so you end up with about $30 for 1st. Not too shabby for a weekend gig.
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2009 2:11:10 AM

We might be able to get some more. Opan Windu, MiCK and I play one the weekends and I know of one of two more that might be down for it.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2009 3:43:10 AM

Anyone interested, PM me for directions if needed.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:24:10 AM

Results:
1st: Ken (Ken_Watson76) (4-0)
2nd: Jason O (TheShadowReaper) (3-1)
3rd: Jack (DarthJax) (3-1)
4th: Jason S (Imyurhukaberry) (3-1)
5th: Jared (Kalos) (2-2)
6th: Tony (2-2)
7th: Dave (Jedimaster0805) (2-2)
8th: Dale (DarthSausage) (1-3)
9th: Cory (New-Rep-Wiz) (1-3)

Squads:
Ken: Utapaun Brawlers
Jarael 23
Jolee Bindo 23
Tion Medon 22
Jabba CL 15
Utapaun Warrior x7 98
Ithorian Commander 11
Obi Spirit 8
Total = 200pts

Jason O:
Gen Obi-Wan 55
Yoda CS 55
Anakin, CON 49
Jar Jar 18
Twi'lek Bodyguard 10
Aqualish Assassin 7
Ugnaught Demo x2 6
Total = 200pts

Jack:
Kyle Katarn BM 54
Shado Vao 48
Wolf Sazen 39
Jolee Bindo 23
Boussh 20
Luke Spirit 10
Ugnaught Demo x2 6
Total = 200pts

Jason S: Yoda's Towers
Yoda CS 55
Felcor x2 104
Jar Jar 18
Weequay Leader 13
Ugnaught Demos x3 9
Total = 199pts

Jared:
Darth Sidious Dark Lord 61
Dooku of Serreno 51
Darth Maul Champ 53
B'omarr Monk 32
Ugnaught Demo 3
Total = 200pts

Tony:
Gen Obi-Wan 55
Anakin, CON 49
Jedi Weapon Master x2 52
Captain Tarpals 20
Gungan Soldier x2 18
Ugnaught Demo x2 6
Total = 200pts

Dave:
Emperor Roan Fel 57
Antares Draco 33
Imperial Knight x3 66
Jarael 23
T1 21
Total = 200pts

Dale:
General Grievous DAC 57
Darth Tyranus Legacy 49
PROXY 41
IG-100 Magnaguard x3 48
Weequay Merc 5
Total = 200pts

Cory:
Ulic 61
Mando Quartermaster 26
Mando Blademaster x3 54
Mando Marauder 15
Total =
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:41:28 AM

My day went like this:
Swiss Round #1
First round was random draw and luck has it that I pulled Tony's squad. "Oh boy" I thought. I had played his same squad the weekend before and it was a very tough match. So, I was anticipating another good matchup here. And he definitely didn't disappoint.

My map choice was the Rancor Pit. Had to play a double Rancor squad in the Rancor Pit! (Learned very quickly this might have been one of the worst maps to choose to play two huge minis on!)

I won map choice so he chose side and set up first. He chose the side with the rooms and that left me with, of course, the Rancor Pen. Not only for the shear quirkiness of it, but rather because it suited best, I set up the two Rancors in the pen and the rest to the side opposite the bottleneck of the whole map.

The usual first two rounds were just charging at each other. I don't remember the specifics but I'm sure both my Rancors actually got to engage his squad. It was a big slugfest for sure. However, since my squad had Yoda CS to allow double saves, Parry x2 and double saves for Atatls really saved the day. In the end I think I won by only a few points. Good game number one.

Swiss Round #2
Entering the 1-0 bracket is always fun. This time it was against my oldest nemesis, Jason O. My evile twin! Muahaha. And with his squad having two of the same characters as Tony's and two the same as mine, I knew I was in for another tough one.

Again, I won map. He picked and set up on the rooms side and I got the Pen again. Dejavu? Or glitch in the Matrix?

Charge! He did take one extra round to allow me to get into position to block off the middle of the map, but I made one key error and forgot we were playing the the "Jedi Door Opener" house rule! He moved his guys so that 5 of his blocked the whole middle and only one of my Rancors could actually attack! I had a chance to allow both Rancors to attack, but moved Yoda instead. Oy-ve! That being done, I moved Jar Jar up next to my big guy and adjacent to his Obi & Anakin.

The lone Rancor was amazing. I think he might have taken 40 damage after 2 rounds of full combat. Jar Jar was a jerk but that went both ways since he had one as well. Heck, I choose not to attack with my Rancor for one whole turn since I risked doing more damage to my squad! Once I moved my Weequay out of the way, I was ready to do some more damage. I caught his Assassin hanging out and that was 7pts. Then he attacked with Anakin and failed his Draw Fire save. Jar Jar then bombad'd to the Twi'lek and she was soon toast. Up to 17pts with no losses. Thought I had it.

However, my luck finally ran out and I double failed a Bombad in the next round. My Jar Jar took 30 pts previously from a Bombad'd Rancor hit and now he was getting a twin shot from Anakin. Last round before time and he gets hit, go figure. He needed a 2 or higher and easily got the first one. Second roll....a 1! I thought I had won. But then he opted to reroll and the second roll was a hit. No more Jar Jar. That was the end of his phase and I started mine. Then I realized it, my Yoda was within 6 of his Anakin and outside of 6 of his Yoda. I could have cancelled the reroll and saved Jar Jar!!! I was shaking my head at the realization that I just lost the game by 1 pt due to my own oversight. Uugh. Lesson learned.

Swiss Round #3
On to the 1-1 bracket. Still tough competition here as we have some great players in our group. So, seeing that I had to play Dale's Grievous squad, I was ok with everything except that ElectroStaff will still activate your guys even if you make Parry saves. But with my guys having double saves, I wasn't too worried.

This time, with his Grievous having Blaster & Jedi Hunter, I opted to start the Rancors on the opposite side of the bottleneck. This was almost my own undoing since I forgot how long it takes huge characters to get thru all the difficult terrain on that map! But we finally engaged and I put my Jar Jar out front to nerf most of his squad. After doing some damage to himself, Dale chose to run Proxy around Jar Jar and attack my one Rancor. A brave move indeed. Proxy was using Tyranus' stats and so he had like a 25def vs my Rancor's 11 attack. Somehow I landed a couple good smacks on him.

Across the hall Jar Jar w/ Yoda's help was doing amazing. He was taking on the rest of the squad but finally fell to some bad dice. Yoda then made a bee-line to safety near the first Rancor and I then used my other Rancor to pin in Proxy and cut him off from the rest of Dale's squad. I figured if my Rancor could Parry his life away, I could defeat Proxy and win the game. The Rancor finished the game with 60pts left and Proxy was toast.

Whew. Another close one.

Swiss Round #4
Last round and 2-1. I ended up playing Dave who is always a tough opponent. His squad was based on Blocking and Cortosis Gauntlets. Luckily, the Gauntlets need a Lightsaber opponent to work, not just a force user! So my Rancors were in the clear. Just couldn't use Yoda.

Map choice went to Dave. So for the first time in the tourney I didn't use my map. He chose his default of the Throne Room. Hmm...not much manuevering space for huges on that either. But, I had a plan.

The first two rounds he waited to see where I was going. I headed right for the center of the map and setup outside the doors leading into the Throne Room itself. This seemed like a good idea until he pinned both Rancors in the room outside of the throne room. I made the mistake of not charging one inside when I had the chance! Dash it all. So now it was, again, one Rancor against his whole squad. Not to fear, Jar Jar to the rescue. I charged him in against my Rancor and couple of his guys. This nerfed the whole game to Jarael and Emperor vs my Rancor. Needless to say, with great dice rolls, I was easily winning that one.

He tried to use the T1 to lift one out and charge in with another, but the Rancor was holding up marvellously. I finally had done enough damage to his bodyguarding knights to start taking some of them out. With the Rancor only down 70pts, I skated my way to victory.

Swiss Round Final
3-1
Not shabby for using a squad of two parrying Felcors, a Yoda allowing rerolling saves, the extra damage Weequay and that pesky annoyance called Jar Jar.
>:)
theshadowreaper
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 2:27:09 PM

cough "no life' cough