55 Kazdan Paratus
39 Luke Skywalker, Legacy of the Light Side
33 4-LOM, Bounty Hunter
22 Wedge Antilles
32 Elite Rebel Commando x2
9 General Dodonna
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(199pts. 10 activations)

Maybe not the best way to utilize Kazden, but the idea here is to use Dodonna and the Ugnaughts to force your opponent to activate out before they can get a clean shot. Hopefully, that will allow me to get a few initiatives in before they can start picking off my pieces, allowing me to start bringing in some IG-86 opportunist abuse with Kazden's reserves ability.

Advice? Keeping in mind I don't have a huge selection to work from, but that I can pick up most non-unique pieces from my local shop as needed (and quite a few uniques as well).
Mickey
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:06:54 AM
Groups: Member

Akbar or the new R2 give you recon to get you two rolls at your initiative.
markedman247
Posted: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 5:39:47 AM

Remember he's working on the here and now.

Looking at your collection (Love how you can do that here :) )

Drop:
Wedge (-22) - He isn't helping you much since you don't have additional pilots and he's not that spiffy as a stand alone shooter
4-Lom, BH (-33) - unless he's there by personal preference as your favorite shooter, I would potentially drop him for a bit more help.

Subtracted: 55 pts

Add:

Gha Nackht (+12)= He helps out Kazden's droid reserves by both repairing and reducing the cost. Getting 2 IG86s instead of 1 helps out
Bith BSV (+20)= Helps keep your ERCs from becomming shot down OR get a [Rebel Commando Strike Leader] to help keep them under cover (+18)

Total: 32 and 30 respectively
Remaining: 23/25

Add:
GenoHaradan (+21) Also gives you another stealthy shooter who may make someone pay when they get close.
Total: 33/31
Remaining: 2-4 pts (Ug for the last 3 pts).

Just a suggestion with your collection. Hey, that rhymed.

Guitardrumr
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:11:31 PM

markedman247 wrote:
Remember he's working on the here and now.

Looking at your collection (Love how you can do that here :) )

Drop:
Wedge (-22) - He isn't helping you much since you don't have additional pilots and he's not that spiffy as a stand alone shooter I agree, I just didn't have many shooters to choose from in Rebel.

4-Lom, BH (-33) - unless he's there by personal preference as your favorite shooter, I would potentially drop him for a bit more help. I do like him, but he was just there to make sure my opponent couldn't use one of the bigger unique shooters to rush my team and take out Kazden. Effectively, he was there as Kazdens body guard, and he proved effective at rushing my opponents Thrawn as well, to get rid of switching.

Subtracted: 55 pts

Add:

Gha Nackht (+12)= He helps out Kazden's droid reserves by both repairing and reducing the cost. Getting 2 IG86s instead of 1 helps out Nice idea. I didn't think of rapport working with reserves for some reason, so I skipped over him when looking through my fringe. The IG-86's are 17/piece though, so still can't get 2. The Magnaguards however, are 16/piece, I could drop two of those and wade into their lines with them, especially if I can get reserves early on and pull that Droid Fire Control Officer (or whatever his name is exactly, gives +4 to atk)

Bith BSV (+20)= Helps keep your ERCs from becomming shot down OR get a [Rebel Commando Strike Leader] to help keep them under cover (+18) Evade would be good for them to have. Another piece I kinda skipped over without much thought.

Total: 32 and 30 respectively
Remaining: 23/25

Add:
GenoHaradan (+21) Also gives you another stealthy shooter who may make someone pay when they get close. I like these guys, Cloaked is amazing, and once they get close, they still have to get past a base 20def to hit him. When they fail to take him down in one hit, you make them pay with poisoned blade.
Total: 33/31
Remaining: 2-4 pts (Ug for the last 3 pts).

Just a suggestion with your collection. Hey, that rhymed.

The only problem with fringe, is that I can only use 50 points. My local place plays Faction Pure, with 50 points fringe. So, with Gha Nackht in, I have to choose between the Bith and the Genoharadan.

So, I end up with one of two builds:

--Rebellious Kazden--
55 Kazdan Paratus
20 Bith Black Sun Vigo
48 Elite Rebel Commando x3
12 Gha Nachkt
9 General Dodonna
8 Juno Eclipse
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(200pts. 12 activations)

or

--Rebellious Kazden--
55 Kazdan Paratus
21 GenoHaradan Assassin
48 Elite Rebel Commando x3
12 Gha Nachkt
9 General Dodonna
8 Juno Eclipse
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(198pts. 11 activations)

Gha Nackht for droid love, and Juno to keep disruptive near Kazden to avoid the Thrawn/Ameda combo switch.
markedman247
Posted: Thursday, March 12, 2009 11:20:44 PM

Ah, "Faction Pure" wasn't specified otherwise I would have given choices. I assumed it was a standard build using your pieces. Understandable.

4-Lom, BH is a great piece but could get the same effect when using the original 21 pts 4-Lom and a Czerka. However, i didn't see those two pieces on your list so I didn't suggest it.

In the next set, the Rebs get some nicer options with the Commandos. The moment you pick up Crix and/or Madine, you will have more options for your pure squads. Those elite Coms hitting for +30 at the beginning round.

Guitardrumr
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 12:14:49 AM

markedman247 wrote:
Ah, "Faction Pure" wasn't specified otherwise I would have given choices. I assumed it was a standard build using your pieces. Understandable.

4-Lom, BH is a great piece but could get the same effect when using the original 21 pts 4-Lom and a Czerka. However, i didn't see those two pieces on your list so I didn't suggest it.

In the next set, the Rebs get some nicer options with the Commandos. The moment you pick up Crix and/or Madine, you will have more options for your pure squads. Those elite Coms hitting for +30 at the beginning round.

Yeah, sorry. I do have Czerkas (I may not have updated the list recently), but I don't have the original 4-Lom.

I will be getting a bunch of minis out of the new set, since that's what the prize set is going to be or this run of matches. With what everyone has paid in, I think he said it was gonna be 3 cases split between 7 people. The way they do it, is open all the packs, then go down the rankings, picking one mini at a time. 1st chooses first, 2nd chooses second, and so on. I'm next to last on the list, but with that many packs, I should be able to get some of the good rares. I'm hoping for Luke, Crix Madine, Rieekan, R2, and the new Commandos.