RegisterDonateLogin

To pass it up is a big mistake-y.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Last Call ... surf_rider56's Customs Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, July 9, 2017 5:19:54 PM
Groups: Member

Super sad about the pictures but waiting to see if you get them hosted elsewhere? They are super cool and your customs I think is the most visited thread on bloomilk. Keep going Surf, you are our only hope!
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 6:24:10 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Super sad about the pictures but waiting to see if you get them hosted elsewhere? They are super cool and your customs I think is the most visited thread on bloomilk. Keep going Surf, you are our only hope!

The problem GG is that I'm not redoing, as such, all the pictures. I'm not re-uploading (more on that later.)

However, I'm sorta on Flickr now. Not sure how I feel about it, but I've got some "experimental" stuff I'm uploading to see how it works .....

Master Skywalker, the Last Jedi I whipped this up after reading about how Luke wipes the floor with the Knights of Ren and thought " What would an unstopple older Luke look like?"

Je'daii Rori Fenn on Butch Any time you do Je'daii its extrapolation. I thought Butch would be an interesting piece.

Rakatan Elite Trooper A melee, viscious tank, but a vulnerable one against blasters

Kada Jahr, Jabba’s Security Chief A rare unique from me, I had to cobble this pic together (thought it came out well.) Total extrapolation from the game and she doesn't have much of a description so. hey it is what it is ... but the pic was the thing.

Chiss Fleet Marine Just a grunt that the Chiss would have, but a hard hitting one.

Xexto Smuggler Well another case of interesting pick and an interesting mix of stuff.

Test Experiment over. Harder than I wanted it to be. Maybe with time it'll be easier. Comments about cards?

As for the "Pre-Disaster" stuff, I may do some limited re uploads. I may ask for help deciding that stuff.

Peace,

surf
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 7:41:24 PM

Do you have the ability to send them to someone, and spread the work around somehow?

btw

surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 8:08:47 PM

blemelisk wrote:
Do you have the ability to send them to someone, and spread the work around somehow?

btw

I'm in an intersting position, so to speak. I've got Every card I've ever made .... and they're all in PowePoint. Without bragging, if I subtract card templates, blanks I use to start a project, odds and ends, etc, I have ove 1,900 cards of various factions (and I have 19 farctions.) I "lost" a possible job as V-Set card maker for the simple reason that I don't even own, never mind know how to use, Photoshop.

To go back to organize, clean up to a good quality and create a jpeg card and then actually upload the more than 1,500 cards I've released in 10 years is too much.

However, I'm thinking I may be willing to "release" faction or job related cards; the best 10-20 grunt Separatists, my Top 10 Smugglers, Techs, Shooters, etc. plus whatever new stuff I create.

See, the problem is, what do I re-release? I'd need input, a fair amount of it and frankly, except for the same handful of people that give me feedback, I don't think i'd get a real "consensus" from the people, so to speak. The Silent Majority will remain Silent.

... and as a closing comment, see, even You, Blem, didn't comment on the new cards Cool
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:09:36 PM

Sorry surf! Threads have been getting buried lately in the ad bots and the ranting in the general section. Hard to find the casual chill custom section posts. Alright now to the reviews!

That is a beat stick Luke if I ever saw one. I feel like he should be closer to an even 100 like the BHC Luke as this character definitely rivals him. But great mix of super powerful abilities on a deserving Skywalker

Rori and Butch, yes! This should be the next OR piece that gets done! Remind me to do Huge beasts if and when I pick another CCC topic. So cool! Rori pushing and sensing while Butch does the heavy strafing. I really want to hold a giant rancor in my hands as I happily make batwing flapping sounds and tear my opponents pieces off of the board with Rancor sounds hahaha.

Rakatan Elite Warrior, is exactly what an elite warrior should be. Got to watch this guy getting boosts in his faction as he could power up pretty quick.

Kada, I think camaraderie should say "Allied Hutt Cartel characters..." instead of currently worded no? Same with rapport, I would reword it "allied *insert types here* with a printed cost of 15 or less cost..."
And final critique she may be too random of a character to be deserving of two brand new Special abilities but I suppose it's been done before haha.

Nice Chiss space marine! Fits well with current boosts and has a cool quasi-strafe!

Xexto is super weird haha, but costed appropriately. I think I may be to xenophobic to field them next to my glorious droids but great job.

And as for requests, all of your Separatist, Vong, Je'daii and Rakattan pieces because those are so unique and needed in my favourite slowly being forgotten about factions! Also cool fixes for obsolete characters!
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:32:16 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
blemelisk wrote:

btw

I'm in an intersting position, so to speak. I've got Every card I've ever made .... and they're all in PowePoint. Without bragging, if I subtract card templates, blanks I use to start a project, odds and ends, etc, I have ove 1,900 cards of various factions (and I have 19 farctions.) I "lost" a possible job as V-Set card maker for the simple reason that I don't even own, never mind know how to use, Photoshop.

To go back to organize, clean up to a good quality and create a jpeg card and then actually upload the more than 1,500 cards I've released in 10 years is too much.

However, I'm thinking I may be willing to "release" faction or job related cards; the best 10-20 grunt Separatists, my Top 10 Smugglers, Techs, Shooters, etc. plus whatever new stuff I create.

See, the problem is, what do I re-release? I'd need input, a fair amount of it and frankly, except for the same handful of people that give me feedback, I don't think i'd get a real "consensus" from the people, so to speak. The Silent Majority will reamin Silent.

... and as a closing comment, see, even You, Blem, didn't comment on the new cards Cool

Comment on new cards. See I just did! Tongue In all seriousness though, I really like to see for the faction icons like you have there for the Chiss.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 4:36:09 PM

blemelisk wrote:

Comment on new cards. See I just did! Tongue In all seriousness though, I really like to see for the faction icons like you have there for the Chiss.

Faction icons? You mean the 8-9 factions I "created" cards for??
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:18:23 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I enjoy your creations. I don't often comment in this forum, but I do try to catch up on reading from time to time.

Cheers, good sir. BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:42:42 PM

swinefeld wrote:
I enjoy your creations. I don't often comment in this forum, but I do try to catch up on reading from time to time.

Thanks. I know several people peek in and while I understand the lack of commentary I also know some are just too busy to give thoughtful comments. I Do appreciate the little note here however.

surf
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:51:03 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Sorry surf! Threads have been getting buried lately in the ad bots and the ranting in the general section. Hard to find the casual chill custom section posts. Alright now to the reviews!

That is a beat stick Luke if I ever saw one. I feel like he should be closer to an even 100 like the BHC Luke as this character definitely rivals him. But great mix of super powerful abilities on a deserving Skywalker

Rori and Butch, yes! This should be the next OR piece that gets done! Remind me to do Huge beasts if and when I pick another CCC topic. So cool! Rori pushing and sensing while Butch does the heavy strafing. I really want to hold a giant rancor in my hands as I happily make batwing flapping sounds and tear my opponents pieces off of the board with Rancor sounds hahaha.

Rakatan Elite Warrior, is exactly what an elite warrior should be. Got to watch this guy getting boosts in his faction as he could power up pretty quick.

Kada, I think camaraderie should say "Allied Hutt Cartel characters..." instead of currently worded no? Same with rapport, I would reword it "allied *insert types here* with a printed cost of 15 or less cost..."
And final critique she may be too random of a character to be deserving of two brand new Special abilities but I suppose it's been done before haha.

Nice Chiss space marine! Fits well with current boosts and has a cool quasi-strafe!

Xexto is super weird haha, but costed appropriately. I think I may be to xenophobic to field them next to my glorious droids but great job.

And as for requests, all of your Separatist, Vong, Je'daii and Rakattan pieces because those are so unique and needed in my favourite slowly being forgotten about factions! Also cool fixes for obsolete characters!

Thanks for peeking.

Believe it or not, Luke actually came ot at 76. I could've upped it tp 80 for the heck of it but ... it was what it was.

I looked at my other Rakatans and the Elite can only get certain things. They didn't seem to worry about anything but melee combat; all the better to eat their enemies I guess.

I can't remember but Kada's wording was that way for a reason.

Glad you liked the rest. I kinda like living non-unique Seps; my Vong .... I could possibly do those non-uniques, not to mention my Chiss, Rakatan, Je'daii. My Zann Consortium uniques have already been done by the V-Sets since I made them, but I do have a few non-uniques.

Cheers,

surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:52:26 PM

Awesome look forward to seeing more Surf!
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 5:57:51 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

surf_rider56 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

Thanks. I know several people peek in and while I understand the lack of commentary I also know some are just too busy to give thoughtful comments. I Do appreciate the little note here however.

surf

Some of your ability wording constructs are interesting as well. I'm not sure whether to correct them, or adopt them. BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:19:50 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Some of your ability wording constructs are interesting as well. I'm not sure whether to correct them, or adopt them. BigGrin

.... story of my life .....BlooMilk
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:29:16 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
blemelisk wrote:

well....yes, did you create flavors for each, or were they all very generalized?
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:44:46 PM

blemelisk wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
blemelisk wrote:

well....yes, did you create flavors for each, or were they all very generalized?

Seperate faction cards? Yes, all with different color themes/faction symbols.

If you look at my new cards, Chiss Fleet Marine is on a Chiss faction card, Je'daii Rori Fenn on Butch is on a Je'daii faction card and Rakatan Elite Warrior is on an Infinite Empire faction card. I've also made cards for the Zann Consortium, Black Sun, Commerce Guild, the Trade Federation, and even a generic Jedi Order card template which I use when I make non-unique Jedi that could be any time period.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, July 25, 2017 8:33:34 PM

this is awesome Surf,
to see your thread surpass half a million views,
and for a lot of folks to take a break from lurkin' to leave some feedback,
that is just awesome to see. BlooMilk

If this was Tube-istan, you'd get a silver play button or auto-invite to VidCon hehe.

a lot of folks should check out your Zombies and fringers - they're perfect for scenarios and theme'd Dynamic Duo play in particular.
Your zombies, combined with Galak Fyyar's CerousMutors, and Warev Ririp's
make for a very formidable Blackwing/ Force Ghoul subfaction.
one day, I hope that'll be an 'officially official' gamemode for leagues and tournaments hehe.

I hold out hope of seeing old-school Surf card format at some point BigGrin.
its entirely a personal preference dealio hehe.
I'm looking forward to the next batch of customs Surf!

Is there any chance of some nuwarstrek aliens from this latest "The Last Jedee" trailer behind the scenes?
how weird and wonderful are some of those aliens huh? BigGrin
there's also quite a few new speeders and vehicles coming up.
perhaps also from the Han Solo or Boba Fett movies... I'm fairly excited for the Han Solo movie.
lets just say, there's gonna be a lot more bots and droids...

to hear the Yoda Movie is cancelled though, break my heart, that does. Confused

It was supposed to be a whimsical origin story for Yoda, which would have been awesome.
perhaps with Yoda's master, or the Witches of Dathomir etc.

anywho,
thanks again Surf!
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 9:52:31 PM

Bonus Card Day

Ok, so today I bought Inferno Squad; I'm only finishing Chapter Two, but I was inspired enough to create the character. Of course when I finish the book I'll say "Dummy, you got it All Wrong!"

But hey, what's life without a little whimsy?

Iden Versio, Inferno Squad.

Good or bad, he she is. PS - Yes, I read she had Thermal Detonators, but that was after the fact. Humor me RollEyes

Cheer,

surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 10:08:14 PM

Awesome build Surf! I feel like Aces could also be against an enemy pilot with a lower cost but non-unique works too.
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 10:17:15 PM

I like it
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, August 3, 2017 5:34:07 AM

Nicely done. I'd play her in a heartbeat.