RegisterDonateLogin

The secret 61st mini.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Last Call ... surf_rider56's Customs Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:12:48 AM
Groups: Member

BZNintendo wrote:
I cant see any of the customs in the beginning of the post because of photo bucket. Help

If you go to this thread

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=21931

It'll help you if you're using Chrome or Mozilla. No luck on IE, Safari or any other browsers.

Cheers,

surf
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:55:09 AM

Wow Surf, I missed that Clan Wren pack you came out with. Ursa is a fantastic piece! I was really scared by that powerful Clan Leader, but Independent balances her out perfectly. Nicely done BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 8:05:58 AM

CorellianComedian wrote:
Wow Surf, I missed that Clan Wren pack you came out with. Ursa is a fantastic piece! I was really scared by that powerful Clan Leader, but Independent balances her out perfectly. Nicely done BlooMilk

Long time no see CC. Thanks. The Wren clan got mixed reviews so wasn't really sure about.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 8:55:42 AM

Whaaat no distraction on Ayy? Haha but seriously looks good though. That's quite the hit she can put out.

And Djas is another nice upgrade. Infrared vision is a nice fit.

The Falleen is an excellent choice Surf, and well executed without breaking anything. Though Im wondering if it should be fringe follower only? I'm just thinking about some of those beasts followers in the Sith/NR.

For Garindin I feel like dropping proboscis and opportunist would be better. Right now he's not sure if he wants to be a support piece, a late round hitter, or early round hitter.

For Nym I really like almost everything about him except no pilot?? He's a main character in two Starfighter games haha. And also I'm not sure I like taking away mercs movement restrictions. That's kind of their whole thing. Handing out intuition, a movement breaker ability or allowing them to move next to him when he activates may be better?

surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 9:53:35 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Whaaat no distraction on Ayy? Haha but seriously looks good though. That's quite the hit she can put out.

And Djas is another nice upgrade. Infrared vision is a nice fit.

The Falleen is an excellent choice Surf, and well executed without breaking anything. Though Im wondering if it should be fringe follower only? I'm just thinking about some of those beasts followers in the Sith/NR.

For Garindin I feel like dropping proboscis and opportunist would be better. Right now he's not sure if he wants to be a support piece, a late round hitter, or early round hitter.

For Nym I really like almost everything about him except no pilot?? He's a main character in two Starfighter games haha. And also I'm not sure I like taking away mercs movement restrictions. That's kind of their whole thing. Handing out intuition, a movement breaker ability or allowing them to move next to him when he activates may be better?

Bad enough she's stabbing you pretty hard, but you want Ayy to distract you too? That's mean GG!

The Falleen ... of the top 50 melee pieces (without FP's) 19 have +20 Damage; Top 50 being highest rated. I guess I could've gotten more specific ... had room, guess I just didn't think that far ahead ... what happens in a one man show. Maybe a non-unique .....

Garindan is a lil bit of everything but I still consider him a support who can fend for himself.

Nym Should have pilot, but he's already got so much going on and frankly I'm tired of Pilot this and Pilot That.

Thanks for the comments.
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 8:52:47 AM

Well, in between creating the Card Making FAQ and doodling with CCC in between family, I’ve neglected my custom card creating. I’ve been dabbling with the Old Republic lately, so I’ve come up with two OR Masters and someone from a recent book. Good or bad, comments welcome.

Jedi Master Arca Jeth Not very imaginative name; this is Arca as a much younger Master, before he pretty much gave up using his lightsaber, A more involved, dynamic Jedi in the thick of the action. Before he settled in with padawan’s; I’ve also tried to stay away from what abilities have been used. He had so many I tried tapping into some of the other ones.

Satele Shan, Master of the Order Again, there have been several Satele’s made, so I tried to follow the above formula and tap into what abilities haven’t been used. Here, she’s a Jedi commander and her followers can move with her. Wondering if Vision 2 should have been Force 3 or maybe Force 4?

Asajj Ventress, Redeemed Ideas taken from “Dark Disciple” I tried to convey both her anger at Dooku & Sideous and her relationship with Quinlan Vos. She had quite the power array and it was hard to pick appropriate abilites; hope I came close.

Well, they are what they are. I hope you find some interest and enjoyment here. Comments, comments, comments …

Cheers,

surf
kobayashimaru
Posted: Sunday, February 18, 2018 5:59:41 PM

Arca jeth, neat.
Ventress; a fringe Ventress? score. She can team up with Vosa in a 'kill bill' themed squad. BigGrin

This was a fun booster pack,
I'm looking forward to your approach to some 'half-tracks/improvised technical speeders' etc,
and ways to bolster vehicles in Tile Wars etc.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, April 20, 2018 1:34:24 PM

Well, life seems to be getting in the way of hobby time; I’m sure my principal would like me to concentrate on teaching (duhhh) and the wife and kids/grandkids always need me to pay attention or at least pay the bills. I also seem to be scrambling to find time for the CCC and I can’t even get to play testing so there’s No time to make my own Cards … so since I haven’t done this in a while, make the cards, playtest this weekend, catch a ball game and see the grandkids … in the next 48 hours … I digree … on to the cards ….

C'ai Threnalli Some people are just survivors; like Wedge from the original trilogy, this guy seems to be the new “Every Man” of this new trilogy. He seems to get by, do what’s needed And cover Poe … RollEyes

Dug Cavalry Found this pick about two years ago; I’d imagine they’re not very sturdy and charging Droids is not a long lasting position in life, but the pic Was interesting. BlooMilk

Hydroid Medusa I found this guy while researching Tamson; I’d imagine “Invincible” really only qualifies underwater, but it’s a different droid; GG and Koba will like him BigGrin

Imperial DEMP Trooper Was it the Phasma book I read about him in?? … and the idea of an EMP gun that disabled Droids as well as doors (with a bonus of “stunning/jolting humanoids) well, it was too good to pass up.

Leia, Imperial Pleasure Slave Now, mind out of the gutter …. a few weeks ago the CCC had a “Funny Character” round, but after I finished with her, I realized she was more Funny/Sad as opposed to Funny/HaHa; but I sorta liked the way she turned out so …. ThumpUp

Old Republic Commando Other than Havoc Squad’s Malcom (who’s just an OR Trooper) the OR doesn’t Have a character named Commando, and with war’s going on, they should.

Riff Tamson, Separatist Envoy In the current CCC, one of LB’s character choices is Riff Tamson. I found a really nice pic about six months ago; he went by commader, warlord, but I was intrigued mostly by “Envoy.” The droids most associated with him were the Hydroid Medusa (so I had to create them too.) He seemed too interesting to ignore but he was tricky because he fought underwater most of the time. Apologies to Lord Ball.

Well, I needed to get this one off my chest. Got stuff and things to do. Comments, rocks and anything else you want to throw my way are always welcome.

Cheers,

surf
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 10:01:46 AM

Last group sank like a lead balloon. Tought Riff would get at least a comment ...Oh Well, Moving on ….

Read a book or two, saw Solo. No, I have No urge to do another Han or Chewie. Beckett looks fascinating but not much on him yet; same for his wife Val. The other characters … well, lets see what we have. Cool

Amani Plains Pirate Got the character from the Han book “Last Shot.” Like the picture, interesting idea so why not?

L3-37 Not as much on her as I’d like. Navigator is a toughie; make it techie but not too. “Droid Lives Matter” made with no disrespect. Parsecs may need wordage adjustment and Lando needed to e in there ….

Rio Durant Another tough one where I wish it had a tad more info. Gregarious, Pilot, Multi Attack all no brainers. Stole some of the wording of Force Leap for Evasive Action (more Pilot-like) and gave him agile/mobile (Pilot-y and simian … best off the top of my head. Maybe I’ll come up with something better down the road.

Thrawn, Imperial Grand Admiral Books out/coming out on Thrawn. Thrawn in “Rebels” TV show. A new Thrawn probably necessary. Make a Thrawn without Ysalamiri. and does Every Thrawn need to swap players? The CE is a lil heavy, but if Thrawn cant do it, who could?

Young Lando Calrissian Make a young Lando, needs to have L3 synergies (funny how I actually didn’t give him Synergy with L3, but L3 has some with him so …. The card cheating angle didn’t do much for me but the idea of cCheating Karma did so here he is.

As usual, the bad ideas are all mine to claim; rocks good/bad comments are all welcome.

Cheers,

surf
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:46:23 PM

As an addendum to Swinw's entry this week (His Antarian Leiutenat) I present my Antarian here since I don't want to hijack this weeks CCC.

Antarian Ranger Commander Made him about six years ago when only the WOTC Antarian Ranger was around; thought they needed a lil help.

Cheers, and keep those comments comin folks Cool

surf

swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:08:48 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

surf_rider56 wrote:
As an addendum to Swinw's entry this week (His Antarian Leiutenat) I present my Antarian here since I don't want to hijack this weeks CCC.

Antarian Ranger Commander Made him about six years ago when only the WOTC Antarian Ranger was around; thought they needed a lil help.

Cheers, and keep those comments comin folks Cool

surf

Nice cards. (as always) BlooMilk
If I had seen this Antarian guy a long time ago, I might not have spent time threading needles towards 'Jedi/Ranger only' squads. They would've won GenCon already. Wink

Rio looks fun. I really like the movement-breaker twist on Thrawn.

Lando...feels like Lando. Is there a Swindler SA floating around that I've missed? Probably.

Keep doing what you do. I may not comment much, but I do enjoy your work. Cool
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 9:09:04 PM

Shoot the new posts keep getting buried in spam, here are my thoughts:

C'ai is great and nice synergy, very wingman-like, survival expert stacked with the normal +2 to pilot saves is going to make Poe pretty tanky.

The Dug is another interesting one to, I have never cared for strafe too much but galloping is nicer, would maybe drop hp to 30 though. Also have you done a Zilo Beast? And if not, please?

Hydroid, interesting simple design, it's basically a better Destroyer droid but I think with that low HP and the unreliable-mess of a save 21 shields, +all of the usual droid and anti-shields hate this guy could use more HP, or perhaps Jon shielding. But six-eight attacks would be fun for the one time you get it haha.

Demp, hey! This is what I meant about the droid/Shield hate. I really think there should be a save or even a replaces attacks ability or something. This guy just walks around and auto shuts-down everything for free.

Leia....... that is all hahaha. But seriously her and Deathtrooper gang/Krennic would be a potent if not mildly disturbing squad.

Elite Commando, simple and cool! I like it. Though the flavour text implies a self destruct almost haha.

Riff is great! I do want to see him one day. I do wish his CE helped out those medusa's more though. But cool stuff.

Plains Pirate is another random but fitting one.

L337, ugh droid hate haha. Not a fan of the character from the movie and I think her droid rights could be replaced by the simpler and more thematically true distraction or reprogram

Rio, looks like a lot of fun though clearly his evade didn't do him too well eh? Haha

Thrawn, absolutely love the SAs, but his CE is definitely a wordy double take. Maybe just keeping the first and last part? Or even giving a weak type of Trooper rolling fire instead of all of that to show troopers mercilessly moving forward and wiping out Rebels.

Young Lando could maybe drop an ability but otherwise great theme!

Antarian, quite the boost for the rangers which would be good to get them out on the board more. I wonder if there are any more thematically fitting abilities other than the classic twin/evade though. Some sort of covering fire for Jedi? Or being healed when ending their turn next to a jedi? Gaining stalwart while adjacent to a Jedi? Just something different but simple works too.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, August 27, 2018 10:39:27 PM

Where did you go Surf! We miss you! Haha
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 6:48:40 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Where did you go Surf! We miss you! Haha

My showing at the Regionals really left a Bad taste in my mouth, pretty much a NPE that I frankly have no one to blame but myself. Several people in the CCC have ragged on me about my customs aren’t Meta this or enough Power that and my squad showed that; I guess I don’t understand how the games have progressed apparently past me. I can’t seem to understand all these new abilities, how they interconnect with other new pieces and frankly maybe it’s just too much to keep up with.

This has always been a part-time hobby for me; I don’t have the time or energy to pour over new stuff and how the new abilities work with Darth this or Luke that. It’s gotten to the point where I’m not even sure I want to play anymore and I look at my “Cards” and just say why bother …..

PS - 5,500 hits since my last post ... and not a single comment; it's gotten to where I'm Really not enjoying this like I used to .....
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 11:05:54 AM

Sorry to hear that Surf, it's sounds like your play group isn't a super chill place to play. Too bad you didn't live several hundred kilometers north or you could game with us. I for one think your customs are one of he core pillars of the Bloomilk community and like checking them out! I think most others do to but obviously many people don't comment. My only encouragement is to not let the negativity of a vocal few get you down, and don't let anyone tell you how you can or cannot enjoy a game. Especially since we basically run the game these days we can play however we want. You are a creative force and I wished we used your art as card backings for all the Vsets! Forget the haters and keep posting anyways!
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2018 9:25:58 AM

OK, I’m going to make an attempt at regrouping and try some new ideas. Certain characters/abilities seem to have taken over. Example: somehow I find it hard to think Morrigan Corde should be able to suppress Obi-Wan or Yoda to the point where they’re helpless; that just makes no sense. Some of these new abilities are just too much.
With this in mind, I thought what’s gotten ridiculous and how can it be countered. I’ll try to explain my thought process as I go. With this in mind, I present one man’s skewed and slightly erratic opinion. Feel free to shower me with whatever trash you may have lying around ….

Chief Administrative Aide Lobot Lobot - Cyborg,check; Override, check. But what else could he be used for? Wook says he’s Cloud City’s “Chief Administrative Aide.” Well, he seems to be talking to the City Mainframe all the time; couldn’t he Override anything/everything? Not quite the “Shut Them All Down” but frankly that’s what this really is, so I just called it Master Override. And if you’re the Chief Admin Aide, shouldn’t you have the ability to Delegate Authority in some way?

Chiss Wrangler Well, my wife likes the “Dog Whisperer.” Couldn’t we have a Ysalamiri Whisperer?

Drop Ship Commando In lots of games and movies, we have Drop ships putting people literally on top of the enemy. In our game, we have weak commander with Big abilities hiding behind locked doors. But what if we could “Drop” right down into the enemies space? Limited Resources limits the number of Suicide Commando’s you have and they’re easy to kill. But if nothing else, it forces the opponent into guarding their weaker commander’s or risk losing them. The Hot Landing Zone means you can drop them anywhere, but the “landing” constitutes your turn that round so it Does give the enemy a chance to move (or Kill) your guy. Situational, but force’s the other guy to rethink his usual placement.

Governor Carigan The Charging attacks (and other abilities) that allow you to move and Hit Hard seem to fly in the face of what Should be defensive fire. Squad abilities that add help to defense don’t really do anything to stop a charge and ranged defense is only good as a defense against ranged attack. I created Interlocking Defensive Fire as a counter Attack to charges as any good defensive point would do.
Now, the main issue is, I thought this should be a Unique character that hands this out (and I hate Uniques.) I searched Wook for a defensive expert and I came up with Carigan, who was interesting; if he could create a Planetary Defense tough enough to force the Imps to have serious problems, why not something on a smaller scale; and he can hand out Ranged Defense Expert too.

Jirrik, Chagrian Ambassador How to counter Booming Voice? Another Unique Chagrian that causes Overwhelming Volume issues, canceling each other out.

Nihilist Diplomats are a pain. Someone anti-government would be an Anarchist; since that was already used, I went with Nihilist, a person that recognizes no authority and is against Everything; and belives so strongly, he suicides and kills almost anything (almost) with Diplomat.

Republic Infiltrator An Infiltrator can sneak in/out of almost anything. But having no enemy in sight, he can sneak into any doorway (and close it behind him.

Rohlan Dyre, Mandalorian I never liked the V-Set piece to be honest. It wasn’t a bad piece, it just didn’t seem to represent what he should have been, which was a rather independent ex-Mando commander with some skills and was looking for the “Truth” behind the War. He’s a pain in the neck in the comics and I gave him commander type abilities to carry that out.

Rosie the Bombardier I actually never hated Jar Jar as much as other people; he was annoying but that could be annoyed. Rose, to me, seems to serve No purpose other than to check several boxes off someone’s list; female supporting character, minority character to demonstrate diversity, quiet but plucky heroine … ugh … seriously? R2 could have done her part and done it better.
Since she’s so annoying and I can imagine the whiney part hiding in her ….

Umbaran Operative Now, Black Ops is a pretty nasty ability, yet it seems to be confined to the Mando’s; not sure why. Now Old Maul has got an interesting ability; Shrouded; sounds like an Umbaran ability to me. I thought about giving her Affinity with Sith, but here she is.

Swine, if you read this, I could probably use some help on wording with some of these new abilities.

I’m not sure if I’m out of the box with some of these ideas, then again I’m not sure if I’m even IN the box. Good, bad or ugly they’re all my ideas. Comments welcome ... and hello to the great, silent majority that's out there and never comments!

Cheers,

Surf
Cassus fett
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2018 10:18:55 AM

I really like your take on Dyre. He's got some serious abilities there. I also did not like Rose, so this version of her is fine by me. I enjoy both the Nihilist and Over whelming voice counters. They're nice and simple straight forward. I enjoy the idea of Carigan, however I feel the execution is overly complicated? I saw you had mentioned your distaste for overly complex interlocking abilities. From my perspective that's what interlocking defensive fire is. Again, great idea, but maybe cut it down, simplify?
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2018 10:54:31 AM

Cassus fett wrote:
I enjoy the idea of Carigan, however I feel the execution is overly complicated? I saw you had mentioned your distaste for overly complex interlocking abilities. From my perspective that's what interlocking defensive fire is. Again, great idea, but maybe cut it down, simplify?

I agree; its why I'm hoping Swine sees it and can suggest how to streamline it. The military uses interlocking defensive fire where possible; should be a simpler way to describe it.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2018 4:44:39 PM

Lobot, well this guy is finally an option to choose over standard Lobot! Absolutely love it and we need this in the game! How about an anti-door control week for CCC? This guy would clean house. Delegate authority it also interesting and I highly support it.

Chris's Wrangler, haha yes! This guy is fantastic too! Nice and simple and take that Ysalamari!

Drop ship Commando is very interesting too. I almost wish you could delay it until the second round or even have them deploy at the end of the 1st round as usually the cheap commanders hiding in the back are starting next to their heavy hitters that can wipe these guys.

Governer, hmm this one is tricker, I see what you are going for but as is this guy's ability combined with giving it out as a CE means your entire squad could attack multiple times if an enemy ever uses charging assault, master speed, charging fire etc... maybe just making it that this character can attack that enemy?

Jirrik is fantastic, booming voice for everyone and for no one haha. I do think you need to clean up the wording to specify both characters losing booming voice.

Nihilist, very cool and out of left field but he works, and he works very well.

Infiltrator, may need some cleaning up rules/wording-wise but the idea is sound and cool. They can get pretty strong in the republic though.

Rohlan, a bit Ability heavy but I think overall a better representation. That CE may be too strong as is, since the Mandos are already insane for movement breaking.

Rosie, haha yep this about sums it up. I'm in a similar boat to you where I didn't super see the point of her character. Also prefer Jar Jar.

Umbaran operative, really like the combo of abilities here, and this is coming from a Separatist that doesn't much care for the living Separatists.

All in all good stuff and happy to have you back!

surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, August 30, 2018 4:50:37 PM

@ GG - Yea, some of my wording could use help, and my brains melted from the start of a new school year. I may just pm Swine and see if in his non-existent spare time he could look over some wording. Ah well ….