RegisterDonateLogin

Charming to the last.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Jedi Academy Options
yodaccm
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:28:20 PM
Groups: Member

They need to make some minis of the less inspired heroes and villains from the EU including, but not limited to:

Hethrir
Kueller
Waru
Thracken Sal-Solo
Jaxxon
Beldorion
Dzym
Jodo Kast
Rokur Gepta
Prince Isolder
Lord Nyax (Irek Ismaren) - this guy would have like Sextuple attack
some kind of Ssi-Ruuk
Garris Shrike

Some cool pieces, though, would be:
D'harhan
Gallandro
Kar Vastor
Egome Fass
Adalric Brandl
Ysanne Isard

Check Wookieepedia if some of these don't ring a bell. Then you'll see what I mean.
IG-108
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 3:03:36 AM

I'd love to see some Ssi-Ruuk pieces. They'd probably fall in the Fringe faction. And Ysanne Isard is a piece I've always thought they should have put in earlier sets. Imperial Entanglements seemed like it would be the one, but I was wrong.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2009 5:01:34 PM

How about some Common and Uncommon Jedi Masters that have CE's for other Jedi. For example, you could have a Jedi Guardian Master that grants Lightsaber sweep, a Jedi Consular Master that bumps Lightsaber deflect up to Lightsaber Reflect, or a Jedi Sentinel Master that gives Force Cloak...

I want as many NR unique Jedi as possible, but we need more commons and uncommons for Jedi armies.
awesome
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2009 1:38:23 AM

Lord ZOS wrote:
How about some Common and Uncommon Jedi Masters that have CE's for other Jedi. For example, you could have a Jedi Guardian Master that grants Lightsaber sweep, a Jedi Consular Master that bumps Lightsaber deflect up to Lightsaber Reflect, or a Jedi Sentinel Master that gives Force Cloak...

I want as many NR unique Jedi as possible, but we need more commons and uncommons for Jedi armies.

I agree for somthing like that to happen but it will most likley be for old republic,

and if there are not going to be that many sith or mandos they all should be unique.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2009 2:46:43 AM

I figure that the Mandos will get a set in the future to flesh them out (I hope). They could make Masters for the Sith just as easily as for the Jedi. Like some Marauder Masters that grant Sith Rage or something like that. The Jedi Masters don't have to be restricted to the OR, they could make some Common & Uncommon Masters for all factions that support force users... But I agree Awesome, they probably would restrict them to the OR. Jedi were more common in those days, but so were Sith... but these are just pieces that I want to see, I don't hold any illusions that we'll see anything like this in Jedi Academy.
awesome
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2009 9:24:38 AM

Yeah, the sith kind would grant somthing to boost the attack or damage,
sith are attackers and old republic are defenders usually.

but with the newer sets they have been making like 1-5 sith so the sith are probably going to all be unique.

Vong will see alot more action now, this set is going to be mainly about NR vs Vong.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2009 3:26:48 PM

awesome wrote:

Vong will see alot more action now, this set is going to be mainly about NR vs Vong.

That would be awesome... er... awsome... I'm all about more NR vs. Vong. My favorite era...
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2009 3:50:01 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Doubtful. We might get one or 2 non-unique Vong (a Voxyn would go well with the theme,imo). NR, Sith, OR, and Republic will likely be the main focus, with hopefully a token Imp and Sep.

Best hope for Vong is for Invasion to be an great seller, we might get a set a year later.
sharron
Posted: Saturday, April 25, 2009 6:35:33 PM

BRING ON THE SHIMRRA JAMAANE!!!!!!
Lord ZOS
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 6:17:35 AM

sharron wrote:

I read in an interview w/Rob & Sara on the Holocron that they didn't have any plans for Unique Yuuzhan Vong to be made this year (2009), so don't get your hopes up...
awesome
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 7:35:41 AM

Lord ZOS wrote:
sharron wrote:

I read in an interview w/Rob & Sara on the Holocron that they didn't have any plans for Unique Yuuzhan Vong to be made this year (2009), so don't get your hopes up...

That would SUCK, pretty much all they have is non uniques and they (except for the jedi hunter) suck. the uniques are what makes them good.
swmimperial130
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 10:38:29 AM

Shimraa and Nasa Choka need to be made.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 11:41:06 AM

Here is the interview:

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1103317

Question # 30

30. Will the Yuuzhan Vong faction get some more uniques to fill in the void?

ROB: Not in the coming year

Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 3:03:36 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

awesome wrote:
Lord ZOS wrote:
sharron wrote:

That would SUCK, pretty much all they have is non uniques and they (except for the jedi hunter) suck. the uniques are what makes them good.

Strongly disagree. They have great Non-uniques. A fig with 30 HP, some DR, and a 50/50 chance of hitting a living enemy within 6, for only 8 points is amazing. And the Advance Scout is awesome. Sure, the uniques are helpful, but they have 3, and you generally won't be running them all.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2009 7:54:34 PM

All that being said, I agree w/Sithborg on the effectiveness of the Vong commons & uncommons. I esp. like the Elite Warrior as he can gain Dbl Attk from the Subaltern. They need help w/their low attack scores and dmg output for the most part. As the Vong had many Unique personalities Shimrra, Nas Choka, Shedao Shai... just to name a few... I would love to see them get more uniques.
markedman247
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 12:44:26 AM

Lord ZOS wrote:
I esp. like the Elite Warrior as he can gain Dbl Attk from the Subaltern.

Actually, they don't. The Subaltern's CE states explicitly that YV Warriors gain Double Attack. Since it's explicit, YV Elite Warriors don't count as "YV Warriors." Although "Warrior" is in the name of the YV Elite Warrior, it doesn't fit the syntax of the CE to affect them. It's not like "trooper followers" gain X bonus. Trust me, that would have made the EWs really really good and actually find a reason for the Subaltern outside of Razorbug. But, alas, the YV EW doesn't count as a YVW for terms of the Subaltern's CE.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 12:59:36 AM

markedman247 wrote:
Lord ZOS wrote:
I esp. like the Elite Warrior as he can gain Dbl Attk from the Subaltern.

Actually, they don't. The Subaltern's CE states explicitly that YV Warriors gain Double Attack. Since it's explicit, YV Elite Warriors don't count as "YV Warriors." Although "Warrior" is in the name of the YV Elite Warrior, it doesn't fit the syntax of the CE to affect them. It's not like "trooper followers" gain X bonus. Trust me, that would have made the EWs really really good and actually find a reason for the Subaltern outside of Razorbug. But, alas, the YV EW doesn't count as a YVW for terms of the Subaltern's CE.

Are you sure? Is that an Official ruling? I mean They're Yuuzhan Vong, and they have warrior in the name... I always thought that Elite Clone troopers counted as clone troopers... Elite Wookie Warriors count as Wookie Warriors and so on. It just makes common sense... I thought there was a ruling stating that if it's part of the name, then it counts.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 1:02:26 AM

Matter of Fact, the exact wording of the name is
"Yuuzhan Vong Elite Warrior"

Yuuzhan Vong and Warrior are in the name. That counts as far as I'm concerned. Anybody have an official ruling on this?
markedman247
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 1:14:43 AM

Universe Commander List page 2

It's the only list I can access while at work. However, if it in the Archives, you can be sure it's been confirmed. Just look for YV Subaltern.
IG-108
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2009 3:09:56 AM

Lord ZOS wrote:
Matter of Fact, the exact wording of the name is
"Yuuzhan Vong Elite Warrior"

Yuuzhan Vong and Warrior are in the name. That counts as far as I'm concerned. Anybody have an official ruling on this?

That's the way I've always treated them. Same with anything else that has "Elite" in it's name like Lord ZOS said.