Indiana Regional, June 2nd 2012 Options
DARPH NADER
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 5:25:29 PM
Groups: Member

@ captaingig... They were Vong Worldship at the very least. Wink
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 10:01:12 AM

Les, first and foremost - awesome job! You ran a great tournament, perfect balance between a relaxed friendly atmosphere, and the structure of a regional tournament. The pace was really nice. It was ideal to actually have a full day of minis and be able to relax and enjoy it throughout.

Bryan - great job with all the extra goodies! Even though I didn't win a single extra award, I was so excited that they were there as it made for a fun environment. I saw a lot of excitement generated by the bonus categories. Also - great frickin' t-shirts. AND - Congrats on the TILE WARS win!!!

Eric L - great trophies as always.

Matt F and Chris W - both donated maps and tiles, and that is SUPER cool!

Glad we got such great attendance, and from 7 states by my count no less! Great to see the guys from Atlanta and NY again, along with the familiar Indiana, IL and Michigan faces. Meeting Bronson from Tenn and getting to chat with the guys from Ohio was a pleasure. Oh - and Steve-O - you are a bucket of laughs. Never thought I would meet a minis player that makes me seem docile.
treknogeek
Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 11:14:18 AM

Greetings All,

I had a great time at my first SWM Kokomo tournament. Thanks to all who ran the tournament and provided prize support.

I ran ‘Zann’s Trilogy’, an Imperial squad utilizing 2 Zann Defilers, Tyber Zann, GA Thrawn, Palleon, and Lobot. This squad treated me quite well, even if I didn’t do it justice.

Game 1 – I played Mike’s OR squad featuring ABM, Carth, and Dash. Double bubble allowed me to stay ahead most of the game. However, time mandated that I had to be more direct as in the last round I got down by 12 points. I had an opportunity to move Fingrin Dan based to Dash (who was wounded) which would have allowed me to kill him, but I was fixated on using Draw Fire to protect Palleon. As a result, my inexperience gave way to Mike giving him a 2 point victory.

Game 2 – I played Audrie and her ponies. All week long I had told myself, ‘If you see accurate shot bring in Nyna.’ When I saw her Han Galactic Hero I instead thought, ‘Bring in Tarkin.’ An ignorant mistake that, combined with loosing map choice, put me in a situation in which there was very little I could do to avoid Han. I caused damage, but Audrie barely noticed and went on to a 3 point victory.

Game 3 – I played Ed and his Unique Separatist squad. His low activation squad was built for power and high defense, but an unfortunate luck of tournament draw meant that he faced my squad which is most comfortable with those numbers. We danced, and on more than one occasion made me run a Defiler away in terror, but in the end I had a 3 point victory.

Game 4 – I played a Vong squad on my map (dude, sorry I forgot your name). This Vong squad with triple galloping attack was a tough match for my squad in the first place, let alone my placing my squad in the wrong location at setup. As a result of this poor placement, my Mas succumbed to double override and two plasma eels. It was only a matter of time after that as I had already committed two key pieces to board wide swapping maneuvers. 3 point victory for my opponent.

Game 5 – I played John and his 30 defense in cover storm troopers. Stealth was my friend as it, and Ozzel, allowed me to slowly wheedle down his troopers. Fingrin Dan’s distraction allowed me to take out a couple of troopers and Proximity Mines gave me 4 more. In the end I swapped Palleon in next to Vader, which gave me a couple of rounds to shoot him down. That and a lucky roll of 6 on initiative, twice bringing in Storm Commandos, allowed me to get the remnants of his army for a 3 point win.

It was enjoyable to play so many varied squads and against people I had never played before. I look forward to the possibility of coming again next year.
AudriSampson
Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2012 9:05:30 PM

treknogeek wrote:

Game 2 – I played Audrie and her ponies. All week long I had told myself, ‘If you see accurate shot bring in Nyna.’ When I saw her Han Galactic Hero I instead thought, ‘Bring in Tarkin.’ An ignorant mistake that, combined with loosing map choice, put me in a situation in which there was very little I could do to avoid Han. I caused damage, but Audrie barely noticed and went on to a 3 point victory.

I've thought about our match a lot since it happend. I don't think Tarkin was a bad choice since you knew how bad my activation situation was. I think what really was the big help for me in the game was winning the map and forcing you to compete with me in a Gambit situation that really favored Jaina's Master speed and Greater Mobile.

Looking forward to a rematch with ya!! ThumpUp
DARPH NADER
Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 8:57:29 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Great to see the guys from Atlanta and NY again, along with the familiar Indiana, IL and Michigan faces.

Tim it was great to see you again as well, a shame it will be the last for a long while. As this is the non controversial & positive thread, congrats again on #7. All the best for the future!ThumpUp