RegisterDonateLogin

Your cells have the highest concentration of Bloo Milk I have ever seen in a life-form.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

News for Episode 7 (We've got names!) Options
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:40:36 AM
Groups: Member

General Mayhem
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:39:40 AM

About time they picked a character. I was beginning to think they were going to "discover" a new alien species for the main roles in the movie. "wink" "wink"
Lily_Wan
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 5:32:14 PM

Not much but it's news.

Ep VII Script Complete
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 5:42:59 PM

Well there's no going back now I suppose.
PrimeClone
Posted: Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:14:50 PM

Well I'm an avid EU reader. Love the comics, most arcs and even some seasons of the CW.
I was done with SW since they killed Mara. Now I still loved that series. But for me it was too much to lose Mara and Jason.
Then I forced myself to read the Abeloth series and hated it. Very poor writing and very uninteresting plot exept for the Solo stories and the last fight on Coruscant . But to each his own.
As someone else commented I have very good memories of star wars and no one will take that away from me.
I suppose I was just waiting for the Solos and Luke to die. But Chances are Disney is now going to decide that for us. What Disney comes up with will never be canon to me. I don't give them a chance. Hey, come on its Disney...
Think about it for a moment. Anyway my family and I had a very good run with Star Wars and it will always part of our lives. But Star Wars belongs to Disneys now and they can do to it whatever they like. So be it.
In the meantime I have the SWM to extend and relieve some great stories and characters.

Cheers

(Btw loved Darth Plagueis great story, very well done)
Lily_Wan
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2014 10:54:01 AM

From movies.uk.msn.com:

(J.J. Abrams) told the Daily Telegraph: "My office... I'm working on the Star Wars script today and the people in my office have covered up all my windows with black paper. I guess they wanted to make sure no one could see what I was doing. It seems rather extreme."

Both casting and story details for the movie are being kept under wraps, and JJ believes there is "purity" in people not having all the information before the film hits cinemas.

The director has experience of keeping things quiet - before the release of his film Star Trek Into Darkness he stayed tight-lipped about the identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's baddie.

He said: "We were trying to preserve the unexpected for the audience, but it came across as if we were trying to be too clever.

"Star Wars is in every way a different animal. It's always been a more open, fan-engaged universe than I've been used to, so I'm sure there'll be some sort of compromise. But it feels to me like there's a purity in not knowing every little thing."
Lily_Wan
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 3:15:32 PM

Game Informer issue 250 has an article on the decline of LucasArts. One sentence caught my eye as it could be a clue to a title, working title or villains of the next movie.

"Other scrapped Star Wars (video game) titles included... most surprisingly, Star Wars: Episode VII - Shadows of the Sith, which was believed to be a spin-off of the upcoming motion picture now helmed by J.J. Abrams."
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2014 6:07:40 PM

Lily_Wan wrote:
Game Informer issue 250 has an article on the decline of LucasArts. One sentence caught my eye as it could be a clue to a title, working title or villains of the next movie.

"Other scrapped Star Wars (video game) titles included... most surprisingly, Star Wars: Episode VII - Shadows of the Sith, which was believed to be a spin-off of the upcoming motion picture now helmed by J.J. Abrams."

Most interesting, so there may be Sith involved in Episode 7. I wouldn't be against seeing a Sith army fight the New Jedi Order.
CerousMutor
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:30:07 PM

CerousMutor
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:46:38 PM

Seems like the worst we thought was true.
No Thrawn, Daala, Corran, Booster, Winter, Hapes...nothing
I wonder how it works for the Old Republic? Is that defunked now too?
No Exar, Ulic, Revan or Bane?
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:53:31 PM

Frankly, all of the continuity needs reboot. Do New Hope but instead of Alderaan blowing up, it becomes Tatooine.

Kiss it all goodbye, folks.

Jar-Jar lives! Thrawn doesn't!
SignerJ
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:54:28 PM

CerousMutor wrote:
Seems like the worst we thought was true.
No Thrawn, Daala, Corran, Booster, Winter, Hapes...nothing
I wonder how it works for the Old Republic? Is that defunked now too?
No Exar, Ulic, Revan or Bane?

I honestly hope that they "defunk" everything. At least then, there will the the orderly categories of "old, beloved EU" and "new canon that nobody likes." (You can probably figure out my opinion on the entire issue.)

I wonder if J. J. Abrams will be hosting an ARG start for this movie like he did the Star Trek ones? That's what I'm really looking forward to.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 3:06:02 PM

Mara will be in Rebels so that's something. I'm glad that they aren't changing the Boba Fett origin either. I think the OR is safe due to the release of TOR and it doesn't really fit into the movies anyway.
Galactic Funk
Posted: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 5:05:45 PM

Defunking? Sorry that's not allowed! BigGrin
CerousMutor
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:26:30 AM

Galactic Funk wrote:
Defunking? Sorry that's not allowed! BigGrin

Mellow Smile yeahCool
CerousMutor
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:30:25 AM

markedman247 wrote:
Frankly, all of the continuity needs reboot. Do New Hope but instead of Alderaan blowing up, it becomes Tatooine.

Bomb
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:41:24 AM

markedman247 wrote:

obiwan1knight
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:10:19 AM

I read Sithborgs article. It has some good points. I think that whatever happens, if they completely alter the chronology and get rid of great books, they are still great books! Personally I like following an official timeline, so whatever Disney comes up with I'll probably accept. I mean, I HATED Anikan and Mara dying. I heard the Legacy books were bad. If they changed some things, it might be for the better! If they changed all of it, there might still be a way to salvage the old stories.

I REALLY didn't like a lot of the last season of clonewars. *AHEM**SPIDER MAUL**AHEM*EVIL BARIS* But I guess I can come to terms with it if they decide to keep it cannon. BUT IF ANYONE WANTS TO GO NUKE WHEREVER THEY KEEP THE SERIES, BE MY GUEST. JOIN MY TEAM. I HAVE A HELICOPTER READY TO MOBILIZE IN 5 MINUTES.

We need some originality I think. If they use EU characters theres more of a chance to mess them up. Better start with new characters they can't ruin.

I'm excited, at any rate. I am a fan, through thick and thin. (Untill they make Jar Jar a Jedi)
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:17:52 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

obiwan1knight wrote:
I'm excited, at any rate. I am a fan, through thick and thin. (Untill they make Jar Jar a Jedi)

That's the problem. Lucas, and now Disney, know they can do anything, and they already have our money. Honestly, how bad would EP 7 have to be for us to not go see #8? After the debacle that was episode 1, the fact that we all still went out to episode 2 showed the industry that the film makers can do whatever they want to the franchise, and it will sell simply because of the Star Wars logo.

Seriously, if Jar Jar Binks was the grand master of the jedi temple in episode 7, people would uproar and talk about how they hate that, but they'd still watch it, still buy all the movie merchandise which made Lucas a billion dollar company in the first place, and they'd still line up at midnight the following year.

I feel like that's the world we live in. I'm a long time fan of the Hobbit, and absolutely despised Unexpected Journey, but I still went to see Desolation of Smaug (which I actually hated even more than the first film), and despite that, I already know I'll see the final Hobbit film (knowing full well I'm going to have an aneurism halfway through).

Certain franchise are just too big to fail. Bit wish the film makers would consider what they do to people when they make these changes. We've invested a lot of time into these characters. The fact that some peoples favorite star wars characters may simply not exist over night after reading potentially thousands of dollars worth of comics and novels about them... that's sort of tragic. You can say that those characters still exist, its not like they're going door to door and having a book burning, but I do think that there validation comes from in-universe canon.
pegolego
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:41:33 AM

adamb0nd wrote:

I feel like that's the world we live in. I'm a long time fan of the Hobbit, and absolutely despised Unexpected Journey, but I still went to see Desolation of Smaug (which I actually hated even more than the first film), and despite that, I already know I'll see the final Hobbit film (knowing full well I'm going to have an aneurism halfway through).

This...