RegisterDonateLogin

Still effective inside Thrawn's Force bubble.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Pa/ Md regional Options
R5Don4
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 3:06:03 PM
Groups: Member

Awesome!
AndyHatton
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 4:33:45 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Had a great time and it was great to meet everyone!

Spoilers for Folks who are interested

Jedi Trainee
NR 38/60
COST 18
HP 50
DEF 16
ATK 6
DMG 20
Melee
Padawan
Trainee (While Adjacent to an ally with Melee Atk and a Force Rating this character uses the printed Atk and Def of itself or the Ally whichever is higher)
Force Powers
Force 2
Lightsaber Defense
Lightsaber Flurry

Quinlan Vos, Double Agent
Republic
14/60
Cost 39
HP 110
Def 21
Atk 12
Dmg 20

Unique, Melee, Double
Affinity Seps
Assassin
Ataru Style Mastery
Con Artist
Internal Strife
It's a Trap!
Vaapad-Style Fighting

Force Powers
Force 2, Renewal 1
Force Cloak
Force Grip 1
Force Lightning 1
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 5:05:22 AM

Well we got home safe and sound at about 2:30AM with many thanks to my excellent co-pilots keeping me lucid after a 600mi journey! Scared

Anyhoo... Will do a full pay report later on but for now here was my squad.

"Licensed to Kill"

54 - Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
48 - Darth Zannah
36 - Atton "Jaq" Rand
16 - G.A.R.Y.
14 - Exar Kun, DFS
16 - Sith Recruit x4
8 - R7 Astromech
5 - Caamasi Noble
3 - Uggie Demo

12 acts, went 3-1 in swiss 8 points with a narrow loss to Hinkbert in a virtual mirror match. Love this squad! Woot

Congrats to Luke on his second Regional! ThumpUp

christophercook
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 7:35:42 AM

Awesome tourney. Had a lot of fun playing SWM and X-Wing. Will give a play report in the next few days but here's my squad:

"Here Comes The Boom"

31 Morrigan Corde
23 Mon Monthma
21 Admiral Yularen
15 Jabba Crime Lord
84 7 Klat Assassins
9 R2D2
8 Mas Ameda
5 Rodian Diplomat
3 Uggie

Key piece was Morrigan especially with all the Zanna running. Made the change of taking out 2 Klats and an R7 which was critical. More details later.
Hinkbert
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 9:59:46 AM

My squad:

--Caedus/Zannah--
54 Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
48 Darth Zannah
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
30 Xizor
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
12 Sith Recruit x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 10 activations)

My Map: Asteroid Base

Went undefeated in swiss only to lose in the semis to Luke's Klat squad o' death.

1st Round vs. Captaingig's Sep Klat squad.
I won map but I knew going this would be a difficult win and a 3 point win would be nearly impossible. Steve was initially aggressive but he knew when to pull back too I was able to get 2 Klats via positioning with SBM but it nearly cost me Atton. I then got a 3rd Klat and as luck would have it when Steve shot Zannah she rolled a 19 for SSM trigger LCE and killing his Klat giving me the point lead which ultimately won me the game.
2-0

2nd Round vs Darph Nader and his Caedus/Zannah squad
We played on Rhen Var and it took about 3 rounds to position since Nader controlled the one entrance I was going to use to get to the command center so I had to go around. It was on when everyone converged on the Command Center. I was able to kill his Atton Rand early which gave me a huge advantage. At that point it was a lot of lightsaber swining, saving and corrupting but thankfully the threat of a Vergere force sever and her ability to heal helped me win the game on points. And epic battle to be sure though and a good game all around.
4-0

3rd Round vs Ted and his NR Luke/Celeste/Han squad
We played on Asteroid base. Ted had Watto in his squad to give Han the savage boost. I kept my 10hp guys in the back to keep them from becoming Rakghouls and had Exar haunt Atton. I ran Caedus and Zannah up to bait Ted and he ran Luke out to meet them. Atton and Zannah made short work of Luke (along with some bad saves). Caedus then used Aing-Tii to get to Han and since I won init Caedus was able to take him out. It was basically Celeste versus the world at that point and she didn't last too long.
7-0

4th round vs Jason and his Lancer squad
He won map so we played on Muun. I positioned my Pawns so the Lancer would have to eat the auto damage and Jason decided to go over Caedus who killed the Lancer with a riposte. I then advanced Zannah up the field who made her saves like a boss and eventually killed the 2nd Lancer while Vergere healed herself and Atton. Jason then shot with his IG86 (that he had pawned earlier) and the IG rolled a crit on Zannah who rolled a 20 back for SSM thus defeatin the IG86. Zannah then did the same from a 30 damage attack on Grievous who was then finished off by Caedus. At that point Jason conceded.
10-0

Semis vs Luke and his Klat Assassin Deathshot squad
I knew I was in trouble since Luke was running Morrigan Corde, and to make matters worse he won map roll so we played on Muun. I tried may best to make a game of it by using Zannah to kill a Klat, she then ate 60 dmg from Corde and then ran back to get healed. I then used Caedus to go after some Klats and got 2 of them before he succumbed to deathshots and Corde's assult. A fully healed Zannah took out 2 more Klats before dying. It was the Atton and Vergere left and while Atton made some valiant avoid defeat saves it was nowhere near enough to make a come back.

I would like to say congrats to Luke on his win.

I learned Morrigan Corde is definitely not be trifled with. Also, Map selection and squad selection are even more important now, along with match ups and trying to plan for the meta is.....interesting to say the least.

I want to thank Darth Jim for organizing the event and for Jasmine and Charlie of That Game Place for hosting the event. It was definitely a good time!
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 12:59:43 PM

@Hinkbert - I was trying to figure out why you'd run Xizor in that squad, but then I realised that he's standing in for Vergere. Zannah, Caedus + Vergere looks like a nightmare to take down.

Hinkbert wrote:
Also, Map selection and squad selection are even more important now, along with match ups and trying to plan for the meta is.....interesting to say the least.

I think the meta is more wide open than it's ever been - there are so many different squads that could win a big tournament if they get the right matchups. Someone might discover something that does well against almost everything, but right now I think it's the time to just play with whatever you're comfortable with or whatever you're the most excited about.

And Morrigan Corde's won a Regional already, and LowerHuttACon - to be honest, I didn't see the potential there at all. She's quite a subtle power piece.

Congratulations everyone, and thanks for sharing so far.