RegisterDonateLogin

Twice the pride, double the fall.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Few gencon questions Options
billiv15
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 5:22:53 AM
Groups: Member

I think it was listed on the Gencon site, in the event description. I have not registered, therefore cannot view it, and therefore cannot confirm, but I am pretty sure someone copied it and posted it somewhere on WotC. It's your job to go figure out where, since i am lazy today :)
LoboStele
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 5:48:09 AM

Heh, go figure! Copied from the GenCon site: "This is your chance to be the U.S. National Champion. A trophy and a laptop to 1st! An iPod Touch to 2nd and additional prizes to the Top 8"

I'd personally rather they just do cash or the complete Miniatures set. But, you take what you can get, I guess. I'm probably more excited about the possibility of the Trophy like last year's trophies, which will probably be of pieces from the Galaxy At War set.
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 5:59:38 AM

now see being that you post I would think a laptop is a perfect gift for anyone on the boards
LoboStele
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 6:52:32 AM

dnemiller wrote:
now see being that you post I would think a laptop is a perfect gift for anyone on the boards

True. But anyone who posts on the boards probably already has a computer. Flapper Also depends on what the laptop is. If it's an Alienware or something cool like that...totally worth it. But if 2nd place is an iPod Touch, that's roughly $250 or so. So, I wouldn't expect the laptop to worth much more than about $500. Good for posting on the forums, but not much else. Flapper
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 6:56:05 AM

actually I was thinking if it would be cooler to have one of those min laptops for 2nd prize that is good for surfing only..... it has a hrad drive big enough for mini mgr and vassal but not much more. They are wifi friendly too that would be pretty cool honestly
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 3:44:35 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I just want those hand painted minis like they did for PAX.
kenred2
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 4:02:06 PM

LoboStele wrote:
dnemiller wrote:

True. But anyone who posts on the boards probably already has a computer. Flapper Also depends on what the laptop is. If it's an Alienware or something cool like that...totally worth it. But if 2nd place is an iPod Touch, that's roughly $250 or so. So, I wouldn't expect the laptop to worth much more than about $500. Good for posting on the forums, but not much else. Flapper

Dude, that's exactly what I would think. I'm happy with my laptop.... getting a new one? Eh... it's not really a prize, maybe good to sell it if you win, but who would buy it? I think they should up the prize that more SWM-related...
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 4:21:05 PM

kenred2 wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
dnemiller wrote:

Dude, that's exactly what I would think. I'm happy with my laptop.... getting a new one? Eh... it's not really a prize, maybe good to sell it if you win, but who would buy it? I think they should up the prize that more SWM-related...

Well that is probably true but when you have 3 laptops in a house and 2 desktops.... and you still are short computers sometimes I am thinking that would work good for me.

But that is from a certain point of view...... hmmmm seems like I have heard that somewhere before.