No blasters! No blasters!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Forgotten Battles: Standings, Schedule, Results Options
501 Trooper
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 5:11:14 AM
Groups: Member

juice man wrote:
knappskirata wrote:
my opponent decided to tell me he had allowed others to get more allocations then himself. All in all, 501 fought a losing battle, but he says it is so more troops may be at other locations. Be on alert commanders
Perhaps there is a shortage of good troops.....because they have lost so many uniques?

I requested it, because I thought I might be able to pull it off against what I thought he was going to use.
knappskirata
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:42:47 AM

juice man wrote:
knappskirata wrote:
my opponent decided to tell me he had allowed others to get more allocations then himself. All in all, 501 fought a losing battle, but he says it is so more troops may be at other locations. Be on alert commanders
Perhaps there is a shortage of good troops.....because they have lost so many uniques?
I doubt it, be on your toes commanders, I can do no more to help you but give advice, so if you need it, just send it to me and I can reply in less than an hour of your bm
den25
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:56:37 PM

*****CIS COMBAT REPORT*****
*****C L A S S I F I E D*****

TO: General Grievous - CIS Supreme Commander
FROM: Commander Den - Commanding Officer 25th Droid Infantry Unit
SUBJECT: Ending the War

NARRATIVE:

I was very grateful that you assigned me the IG-100 and EG-05 units I requested General Grievous. They are most impressive in combat. I'm certain the Magna Artillerist is one of your own personal troops because it seemed to share your desire to burn things to the ground. It was distrubing the way it walked around singing "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire...", however the Defilers seemd to think it was funny. Always important to keep the troops moral up.

Anyway, we were greeted at the Fueling Station by none other than General Obi-Wan Kenobi, Queen Amidala, Odd Ball, Captain Panaka and a host of Naboo Pilots and an R7 unit. I was quite surprised to also see the Galactic Criminals Dr. Evazan and his cohort Ponda Baba hanging out with General Kenobi, and I'm quite certain that they saved his life today.

The Droids and Defilers went about their work with stunning efficiency, quickly deploying and going about the task at hand. The Magna Artillerist sent a barrage of missiles at Kenobi hitting him once and narrowly missing him the second time, but still managed to severly injure both of his criminal cohorts. The Defilers managed to injure the Genral too, only to be frustraited by the Dr.'s homocidal healing. The Dr. managed to heal him twice although it is a good thing that Kenobi was able to force reroll the second attempt at healing. Otherwise, he'd be dead right now.

The battle was going as planned, however the defenses of the Republic were holding strong. Once General Kenobi retreated from our initial attacks one of the Defilers acted on a great opportunity, Odd Ball in his sights. He dispatched the Republic pilot with a quick double shot of deadly laser bolts as I heard him joining in the chorus with the Magna droid. It gave me chills.

We lost a few battle droids as the battle progressed, but nothing of major concern. Each side was working their strategies well and the battle was a close one. It was then that a dream opportunity opened up for us. One of the Defilers managed to mine a Naboo pilot who stood next to Kenobi. The mine went off, I believe the pilot was killed and Kenobi was further wounded. It was then, at that moment, as the battle was closing that I witnessed something almost unbelievable. The EG-05 who had been stalking Kenobi throughout the battle finally caught up to the General. With blinding speed he assailed Kenobi with an assualt that would have easily killed most Jedi Masters. Two deadly hits, Kenobi could not block them, and the battle was over. Unfortunate for us, Kenobi was still alive. He limped off the battle field with 10 hit points remaining along with his dynamic duo of crime who were in equally bad shape.

With that, the rest of the Republic fled the Outpost and the battle was won.

(Seriously, 170 points of damage to Kenobi and he still lived! That D$#@*% evil DR.!)

Final Score: CIS 31 - Republic 21

Uniques lost: Odd Ball

CIS Squad:
27 EG-05 Jedi Hunter Droid
96 Zann Consortium Defiler x4
21 IG-100 MagnaGuard Artillerist
9 Battle Droid Officer
8 R7 Astromech Droid
36 Battle Droid x9
3 Mouse Droid

(200pts. 18 activations)

It has been a hard fought war. Editor, I salute you!

*****END COMBAT REPORT*****
knappskirata
Posted: Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:20:27 AM

den25 wrote:
*****CIS COMBAT REPORT*****
*****C L A S S I F I E D*****

TO: General Grievous - CIS Supreme Commander
FROM: Commander Den - Commanding Officer 25th Droid Infantry Unit
SUBJECT: Ending the War

NARRATIVE:

I was very grateful that you assigned me the IG-100 and EG-05 units I requested General Grievous. They are most impressive in combat. I'm certain the Magna Artillerist is one of your own personal troops because it seemed to share your desire to burn things to the ground. It was distrubing the way it walked around singing "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire...", however the Defilers seemd to think it was funny. Always important to keep the troops moral up.

Anyway, we were greeted at the Fueling Station by none other than General Obi-Wan Kenobi, Queen Amidala, Odd Ball, Captain Panaka and a host of Naboo Pilots and an R7 unit. I was quite surprised to also see the Galactic Criminals Dr. Evazan and his cohort Ponda Baba hanging out with General Kenobi, and I'm quite certain that they saved his life today.

The Droids and Defilers went about their work with stunning efficiency, quickly deploying and going about the task at hand. The Magna Artillerist sent a barrage of missiles at Kenobi hitting him once and narrowly missing him the second time, but still managed to severly injure both of his criminal cohorts. The Defilers managed to injure the Genral too, only to be frustraited by the Dr.'s homocidal healing. The Dr. managed to heal him twice although it is a good thing that Kenobi was able to force reroll the second attempt at healing. Otherwise, he'd be dead right now.

The battle was going as planned, however the defenses of the Republic were holding strong. Once General Kenobi retreated from our initial attacks one of the Defilers acted on a great opportunity, Odd Ball in his sights. He dispatched the Republic pilot with a quick double shot of deadly laser bolts as I heard him joining in the chorus with the Magna droid. It gave me chills.

We lost a few battle droids as the battle progressed, but nothing of major concern. Each side was working their strategies well and the battle was a close one. It was then that a dream opportunity opened up for us. One of the Defilers managed to mine a Naboo pilot who stood next to Kenobi. The mine went off, I believe the pilot was killed and Kenobi was further wounded. It was then, at that moment, as the battle was closing that I witnessed something almost unbelievable. The EG-05 who had been stalking Kenobi throughout the battle finally caught up to the General. With blinding speed he assailed Kenobi with an assualt that would have easily killed most Jedi Masters. Two deadly hits, Kenobi could not block them, and the battle was over. Unfortunate for us, Kenobi was still alive. He limped off the battle field with 10 hit points remaining along with his dynamic duo of crime who were in equally bad shape.

With that, the rest of the Republic fled the Outpost and the battle was won.

(Seriously, 170 points of damage to Kenobi and he still lived! That D$#@*% evil DR.!)

Final Score: CIS 31 - Republic 21

Uniques lost: Odd Ball

CIS Squad:
27 EG-05 Jedi Hunter Droid
96 Zann Consortium Defiler x4
21 IG-100 MagnaGuard Artillerist
9 Battle Droid Officer
8 R7 Astromech Droid
36 Battle Droid x9
3 Mouse Droid

(200pts. 18 activations)

It has been a hard fought war. Editor, I salute you!

*****END COMBAT REPORT*****
Dissapointing, I did not expect something like this. Or something like this to take you out so easily when you did have mobile
den25
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 5:02:28 AM

Quote:
Dissapointing, I did not expect something like this. Or something like this to take you out so easily when you did have mobile

Mobile doesn't do much of anything against stealth without accurate shot. Count the fact that I could out activate him (which helped a great deal by locking him out twice and getting some missle shots in) and that I gave him VERY few targets to hit. Plus, I won initiative all but once. He shot and killed every legal target he could and put damage into my artillerist and defilers. Once he got within range to damage my defilers though the mines came into play.

I couldn't hit those pilots with a 27 defense. His only mistake was leaving Odd Ball exposed, but he had to because GOWK kept failing every single save and he had to move. For a while there it seemed like he was only rolling a 6 sided for his save rolls... it was that bad.
captaingig
Posted: Monday, April 22, 2013 7:26:12 AM

den25 wrote:
Count the fact that I could out activate him (which helped a great deal by locking him out twice and getting some missle shots in) and that I gave him VERY few targets to hit.

I know all too well what this is like. Being grossly out-activated in this format is bad juju.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:35:41 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The ship flew in dark to a seedy port that opened up in the lower levels of Coruscant. The battle droids filed out as General FlyingArrow found his way to a communications depot for a transmission. He quickly rushed back and led the crew of battle droids (7 regular battle droids, 10 super battle droids, and 3 commanders... plus a trusty astromech droid) to the objective, which was located in a Nightclub some 40 levels above them. They wound their way through staircases, deactivated escalators, and even found a lift that actually worked for a few levels. After ascending 15 levels, they started to see some signs of life. The marching droids mostly just marched, but 2 or 3 civilians decided to interfere and they were dispatched quickly. At 25 levels up, they found a fully functional lift that took them straight to their desired level. They proceeded direclty to the Nightclub, but their arrival was not as dark as they had hoped. A squad of clone troopers landed at the nearby landing pad and engaged the droids.

The droids split up - a handful in the nightclub itself. The rest in a local weapons shop and droid shop on a nearby street. The assault was brutal as both sides ran into each other nearly head-on. Many super battle droids fell early in the battle. A BARC speeder flew down the main street toward a large group of droids, but they spaced themselves to avoid being strafed, and Synchronized Fire took the speeder down. One of the battle droids returned with the objective, and a half dozen or so droids headed back down into the lower levels, leaving just a couple of clone troopers alive to report their failure.

(Victory to the Seps. No uniques defeated.)
Mando
Posted: Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:01:58 PM

--------------------Incoming Trasmission-----------------

Commander, we bring the report of battle from Modular Battlefield. Republic CoMando's won it again and fought back the seperatist dogs under the watchful eye of Sidious. Lots of shots were fired, many circuit boards were fried. It was an epic battle. When the dust settled, all that remained was Captain Argyus, a Senate Commando, a Gungan Sheild Bearer and my R7. All my opponent had left was a very scared Sidious.

Our brave hero's of the republic were:

--Forgotten Battles round 6--
29 Captain Argyus
120 Senate Commando x6
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
8 R7 Astromech Droid
25 Youngling x5

(200pts. 14 activations)

spryguy1981's squad of clankers was:

Series II
Sidious
T-Series
3x A-Series
BDS
BDO
R7
4x BD's

no uniques lost on either side. Final score was 179-174. Republic Victory!!!!!! *ewok victory music plays in the background*
DARPH NADER
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 7:22:38 PM

Victory for the Confederacy on Kessel!

In a classic gunfight the conscripted forces of the CIS carried the day. More to follow but time for bed as travel to the PA regional is on deck. Woot

Suffice to say this was a bloody fight, which was settled in the mine's Command Centre.

Final Score: 104-53

My Squad...

"My Worst Fears Asajjed"

57 - Asajj Ventress, SL
20 - General Whorm Loathsom
96 - Klatooinian Assassin x8
6 - RBD
10 - Squib Trader
8 - R7 Astromech
3 - MSD

No uniques lost on either side, although Captain Rex was down to 10 hp.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 7:34:10 PM

One other thing to mention... Can maps be used more than once?

Because gig and I played on Mos Eisley TH already and it shows the sixth round between juice man v Jak is on the same map.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, April 26, 2013 7:39:46 PM

DARPH NADER wrote:
Victory for the Confederacy on Kessel!

In a classic gunfight the conscripted forces of the CIS carried the day. More to follow but time for bed as travel to the PA regional is on deck. Woot

Suffice to say this was a bloody fight, which was settled in the mine's Command Centre.

Final Score: 104-53

My Squad...

"My Worst Fears Asajjed"

57 - Asajj Ventress, SL
20 - General Whorm Loathsom
96 - Klatooinian Assassin x8
6 - RBD
10 - Squib Trader
8 - R7 Astromech
3 - MSD

No uniques lost on either side, although Captain Rex was down to 10 hp.

Excellent work Colonel Nader, you have served the Confederacy well and when this war is done you will be a system governor!

juice man
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 4:14:01 PM

DARPH NADER wrote:
One other thing to mention... Can maps be used more than once?

Because gig and I played on Mos Eisley TH already and it shows the sixth round between juice man v Jak is on the same map.
No. We'll just have to do an emergency re-deployment.
juice man
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 4:16:36 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Excellent work Colonel Nader, you have served the Confederacy well and when this war is done you will be a system governor!
But, you're destroying systems, not capturing them, what then will he govern? A dust cloud?Confused
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, April 27, 2013 4:24:23 PM

juice man wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
But, you're destroying systems, not capturing them, what then will he govern? A dust cloud?Confused

Someone has to organize the mining of these dust clouds and newly formed asteroid fields. Also Confederacy systems will thrive in this new era.

I am moving now to take Coruscant and capture Palpatine, and there is nothing Obi Dan Kenobi can do to stop me
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 6:47:45 AM

We shall raze and despoil at our whim and remake this galaxy to our liking! Bomb
juice man
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:01:02 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:
We shall raze and despoil at our whim and remake this galaxy to our liking! Bomb
Hmmm, maybe this "Rebel Alliance" we're hearing talk of will put a stop to the Sepi's. (if the Republic can't)
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:52:35 AM

Victory on Coruscant!!
We laid a trap for the great Obi Dan Kenobi by revealing our advance on the slums of Coruscant directly below the senate building. While he was expecting a sea of B2s, I instead unleashed my own personal force of myself, the blunt hunter Durge, Nimbus Commandos, and Embo who has been the Bain of my enemy this whole war. My opponent dominated gambit and kept me at a distance with his heavily shielded stealth commandos and had trapped both myself and Durge in the open wounding us both critically. Just as I thought the battle was lost, Embo valiantly charged out from a building across the streets and into the enemy's temporary command center. His at ended in the death of the Republic Commando Training sergeant and the disruption of our enem: shield network.
The once invulnerable commandos dropped like Tatooine Bantha flies.
We moved in to finish off his wretched black sun scum when he countered with some final shots and ended the life of Embo, as well as, to my embarassement, critically injuring my cybernetic frame.
This is how the war ends, with the city-planet of our enemy burning around us from Commander Den's ignition of the planet's fuel; and with my forces marching up the abandoned passageways to the senate, preparing to kidnap the Chancellor.

Victory is within our grasp brothers.

My squad
Grievous HoH
Embo
Durge
Nimbus Commandos x3
Mouse droid
Door control bot

Enemy squad

Black sun commanders
Republic Commando Boss/Sev assorted

Final score

205 -125
Separatist victory

Unique defeated
Grievous HoH
Embo
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:59:16 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:

Now that is my kind of commander haha
knappskirata
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 3:28:02 PM

Juice man and jak will use the map they already have been assigned because both sides allocated for that map.
juice man
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 7:39:21 PM

"Ah, Master Jinn, to the Mos Eisley Townhall, must I return. A dispute over several expensive vases, there is. Seems forgot to re-emburse the owner, I did." "Yes Master Yoda, I'll get some native guides to help me, oh, I'll bring Ani, he'll like to visit also."

My squad:
51 Yoda on Kybuck
35 Anakin Skywalker on STAP
24 Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Trainer
52 Jawa Scavenger x4
8 R7 Astromech Droid
30 Jawa x6
(200pts. 14 activations)

Qui-Gon, excellent Jedi, you are. Wonderful trainer of padawans, you are. Tour Guide, you are not. Sense of direction, have not. Marketplace, this is! Do, or do not! "Sorry Master, last time I trust a Jawa for directions." Ahh, worry not, pay the owner personaly, will I. Hmm something amiss, is. Shop oweners, flee, they do. Cause much destruction last time, I did not.... sense and old padawan, do I. "Yes, I sense the Count as well."

Jak's Squad
57 Count Dooku, Separatist Leader
93 IG Lancer Droid x3
15 Momaw Nadon
9 Battle Droid Officer
8 R5 Astromech Droid
8 R7 Astromech Droid
4 Battle Droid
3 Geonosian Drone
3 Mouse Droid
(200pts. 11 activations)

Couldn't find the townhall, so we played on the first Mos Eisley we came across. The Lancers aren't as scary without Twin. Jack's Pawned Lancers (two) took care of all of my Jawas and the R-7 in a few rounds, but left them open for Anistap. By that time Yobuck was in the backfield making hay of the 60 pts of Reserves Count Butthead got (with two Anticipation re-rolls) Anistap and Yobuck worked very well in taking down Dooku. Even Qui-Gon got in a hit or two. Ani was at 10 HP end game.
Final score Rep 253 Sep 100
Dooku defeated (and disarmed).
Momaw also.