RegisterDonateLogin

Has the droids you're looking for.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars......stopped Options
CerousMutor
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:51:29 AM
Groups: Member

So all current Star Wars game and telly ventures have been put on hold, maybe never to be seen again.

Postponed:-
Star Wars, 1313
Star Wars, First Assault
Star Wars, the Clone Wars

I think we all knew this was coming but it's a shame.

Anyone got any other news?
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:59:11 AM

Why?
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 10:45:14 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

The games aren't much of a surprise. Lucasarts has problems. Look at their last two projects that were mainly Lucasarts, Star Wars Kinect and TFU II. I've read about the management change over problems Lucasarts has had. Let's be honest here, Lucasarts was not a factor in the sell off. Lucasarts needs to get themselves in order, before they can start making good games again.

As for the Clone Wars, we have to wait to see how the remaining stories comes out before we can guess why. Disney has brought their stuff in house before (see the ending of the Spectacular Spider-man cartoon). There was no way Clone Wars was going to remain on Cartoon Network. And I doubt transferring a cartoon to another channel is in the best interests for branding purposes.

I honestly think we are seeing a consolidation of resources. Lucasfilm is going into movie mode. Resources it wanted to spend on the 3D conversions and the cartoons (both Clone Wars and Detours) is going to be focused on THE event coming in 2015.
den25
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 3:19:52 PM

Actually, after a little looking I can speak to what will be happening to 'The Clone Wars' animated series.

Just read the news. No Season 6.

They will be working on a new animated series that deals with a different time frame though.

Here's the first article:

http://insidepulse.com/2013/03/12/no-season-6-for-star-wars-the-clone-wars-a-new-star-wars-animated-series-in-the-works-set-outside-of-tv-film-eras-possibly-old-republic/

They still have a few story arcs to wrap up on Clone wars. Not sure how they will show them to people yet though. Here's a video (bottom of page):

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-the-clone-wars-cancelled-detours/

So we will have some closure at least...

I am hopeful for the new series, but I'm sad to lose the Clone Wars....
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:06:08 PM

den25 wrote:
Actually, after a little looking I can speak to what will be happening to 'The Clone Wars' animated series.

A moment of silence.Unsure DoneWoot Woot Woot Laugh BigGrin Tongue LOL
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:07:20 PM

SignerJ
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 3:27:30 AM

den25 wrote:

I'm sorry, but this just made my day.

Inside Pulse wrote:
With the success of the Old Republic videogame

And this just ruined it.
pegolego
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 5:06:16 AM

^+1 and +2!
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:42:33 AM

SignerJ wrote:
den25 wrote:

I'm sorry, but this just made my day.

Inside Pulse wrote:
With the success of the Old Republic videogame

And this just ruined it.

Yep! Cursing TOR.
Darthbane53
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:31:27 PM

This is the first time I have regretted disney take over the title. I firmly believe Clone Wars was one of the best things to happen to star wars in a long time. It give me more star wars for starters. I will be very sad to see it go. It has ONLY taken a steep turn up hill.
qvos
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:38:40 PM

Darthbane53 wrote:
This is the first time I have regretted disney take over the title. I firmly believe Clone Wars was one of the best things to happen to star wars in a long time. It give me more star wars for starters. I will be very sad to see it go. It has ONLY taken a steep turn up hill.

Agree totally BrotherBlooMilk
corranhorn
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:35:00 AM

Darthbane53 wrote:

Yeah, it got a lot better in the last sesaason. Shame.
knappskirata
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:56:35 AM

corranhorn wrote:
Darthbane53 wrote:

Not Ti mention the season finale was a huge cliffhanger
Jedicartographer
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:55:47 AM

I'm fine with all of it. The SW universe has become far too convoluted for me.
Darthbane53
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:05:26 AM

knappskirata wrote:
corranhorn wrote:
Darthbane53 wrote:

Not Ti mention the season finale was a huge cliffhanger

Please no spoilers, (unfortunatly I have found out the one major event that happens, the joys of s public forum) but the artical did say they were coming out with a select few story arcs, I presume to wrap things up.
cassekiel
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:11:02 AM

I'm hoping Disney will bring the FEELING of Star Wars back (lol, I know this is wishful thinking). TOR and the Clone Wars didn't really feel like Star Wars to me. I don't know, something missing there. Although the Clone Wars did get a lot better in the later seasons I just couldn't keep interest in it. I agree with Cartographer, it's gotten a bit convoluted. Even the Force Unleashed was kind of lame IMO, although I liked the characters. It's a bit hard to swallow that Vader had a secret apprentice who could do things effortlessly with that force that even Yoda had to put all of his focus into. I've got my fingers crossed that Kyle Katarn will show up in the new movies but I have a feeling that some, if not all, of the EU will be nullified in 2015.
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 12:01:24 AM

qvos wrote:
Darthbane53 wrote:

Agree totally BrotherBlooMilk

+1
DARPH NADER
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:24:49 AM

Anytime you can sit either on a Friday night or Saturday AM with your kids and debate what is going on in an episode in the SW universe is a good thing. Like all things in our world we are at the mercy of corporate greed and media manipulation, Disney may do good things down the line but that has yet to be proved, as I haven't been a fan of theirs since the days of Candleshoe.

The CW finally got it going but it took the last seven eps to do it this season, too many boring and disjointed arcs like the droid squad this season, four episode slots that could have been better utilized. Then their was the Padawan arc, a good one or two part arc but it dragged on for I believe three or four. Previous seasons suffered the same malady but this series provided a conduit for us to be told the story of the Clone Wars and I just hope they are able to bridge the last gaps to close out the series and get us to Ep3. My comments here are not meant to contradict my lead off statement but I did have my pet peeves about the series too.

And please spare me the fanboy nonsense of any TOR offering. Uugh!
CerousMutor
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:42:03 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:
Anytime you can sit either on a Friday night or Saturday AM with your kids and debate what is going on in an episode in the SW universe is a good thing. Like all things in our world we are at the mercy of corporate greed and media manipulation, Disney may do good things down the line but that has yet to be proved, as I haven't been a fan of theirs since the days of Candleshoe.

The CW finally got it going but it took the last seven eps to do it this season, too many boring and disjointed arcs like the droid squad this season, four episode slots that could have been better utilized. Then their was the Padawan arc, a good one or two part arc but it dragged on for I believe three or four. Previous seasons suffered the same malady but this series provided a conduit for us to be told the story of the Clone Wars and I just hope they are able to bridge the last gaps to close out the series and get us to Ep3. My comments here are not meant to contradict my lead off statement but I did have my pet peeves about the series too.

Lol what about The Clone Wars fanboy nonsense?:-P
DARPH NADER
Posted: Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:01:57 AM

CerousMutor wrote:
DARPH NADER wrote:

Lol what about The Clone Wars fanboy nonsense?:-P

/shrug Meh