Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

JEDI ACADEMY PICS Options
Gunn
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:36:16 AM
Groups: Member

markedman247 wrote:
madslaust wrote:
Gha Nackt, anyone?

To a limited extent, I agree. In the same as Assajj, Grevious, and Durge were unknowns in Clone Strike. However, the Darth Sidious book has been set aside for a while and Plagueis is a part of it. Gha was an included Rare to further the Clone Wars animated series. It was by all accounts that he was "suggested" by Lucas to be included.

Granted, who knows with Plagueis. He's one of those points of contention. If we get him in this set and he isn't OMG! AWESOME!!!!, then we will hear complaints. If we get him and he's OMG! AWESOME SAUCE!!!, then you will hear a decry that wasn't Plagueis. His air of mystery alone rivals the Segway, then we see what it was... :)

Go fig.

We know that the people at Wizards got to preview a couple episodes of Clone Wars to make some figures. By the fact that we only had a couple figures from the new series (Ashoka, Rex, IG-86, Anakin on STAAP, Odd Ball) could all be taken from two episodes. Odd Ball was in Revenge of the Sith too... but he had on a diffrent Pilot armor. So I think that is why we got Gha.

LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:43:30 AM

madslaust wrote:
markedman247 wrote:
The picture that was cited for Darth Plagueis is from Tag and Bink (I saw the same image as well looking for him) and that's generally recognized as non-canon. I still believe that it's Darth Plagueis but I believe it's hard to stat someone that no one really knows about and may not be accepted by Lucas.

Gha Nackt, anyone?

Well, since the mini's team designs things a year or more in advance, it's quite possible they had the Darth Plagueis mini on the list for this set. The book got canceled at some point after the mini was designed, but Rob and Co. got permission to leave him in the set. Certainly a possibility. I can't think of whoever else it would be.
madslaust
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:45:20 AM

LoboStele wrote:
madslaust wrote:
markedman247 wrote:
The picture that was cited for Darth Plagueis is from Tag and Bink (I saw the same image as well looking for him) and that's generally recognized as non-canon. I still believe that it's Darth Plagueis but I believe it's hard to stat someone that no one really knows about and may not be accepted by Lucas.

Gha Nackt, anyone?

Well, since the mini's team designs things a year or more in advance, it's quite possible they had the Darth Plagueis mini on the list for this set. The book got canceled at some point after the mini was designed, but Rob and Co. got permission to leave him in the set. Certainly a possibility. I can't think of whoever else it would be.

That's the thing when people say it's not him; who else would it be?
StriderRe80
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 7:21:09 AM

madslaust wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
madslaust wrote:
markedman247 wrote:

Gha Nackt, anyone?

To be fair everybody says it is him but they have no prof that it is him either. Their is white or silver stuff on his mouth indicating a beard or even some sort of mask. the one cannon pic of him has nothing on his mouth.
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 8:32:57 AM

StriderRe80 wrote:
madslaust wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
madslaust wrote:
markedman247 wrote:

Gha Nackt, anyone?

To be fair everybody says it is him but they have no prof that it is him either. Their is white or silver stuff on his mouth indicating a beard or even some sort of mask. the one cannon pic of him has nothing on his mouth.

Proof? he is the only Muun that is unique I dont think there will be a differant muun that is a VR, it has to be him, it looks like him, has the same clothes and I dont know what that staff thing is but it is still probably him.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 8:58:33 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

It appears copyright laws finally caught up with the "previewed" pictures...
mrtyler7
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:24:43 AM

It was a fun ride while it lasted. While I understand their desire to control the release of info on their property, what harm is there in the mass disscussions produced by the pictures? Speaking only for myself of course, I am more excited and inclined to buy a case now than pre-release. But, again, I can understand wizards pulling the pictures.
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:31:08 AM

OH well I can always look at them(printed them off, HE HE), it looks to be a really good set,

the thing I dont understand about them pulling the pics off is that, now that Ive seen it, it makes me want to buy a case now, if people dont know what they are getting, than why would they buy it.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 9:46:55 AM

mrtyler7 wrote:
It was a fun ride while it lasted. While I understand their desire to control the release of info on their property, what harm is there in the mass disscussions produced by the pictures? Speaking only for myself of course, I am more excited and inclined to buy a case now than pre-release. But, again, I can understand wizards pulling the pictures.

I'm sure alot of people saved the pics anyway... still funny though...

As fas as Darth Plagueis goes... I agree w/Awesome. It has to be him. I wouldn't worry too much about the silvery stuff on his face. Wizards has proven time and again that paint jobs aren't exact. Both Jaina's have blue lightsabers when they should be violet. Corran Horn should have a silver lightsaber. Little mistakes here and there that they can't seem to police... that's probably the case w/Plagueis the Silverlipped...
Hydrowhip
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 11:12:34 AM

madslaust wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
madslaust wrote:
markedman247 wrote:

Gha Nackt, anyone?

Could it be Pors Tonith?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pors_Tonith

Because I'd love a CE for all my non-droid Separatists! But it does look like Darth Plagueis images I've seen on wookiepedia.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 11:33:40 AM

I don't recall Pors Tonith wearing Sith-like robes though...

& his teeth were stained black (not silver) from the tea he drank...
nuttz
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:11:41 PM

I haven't poked around the forums in a couple days, so I missed all the fun. Now I get to be "that guy" and ask - does anyone still have the pics? Blushing
StriderRe80
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 1:14:57 PM

nuttz wrote:
I haven't poked around the forums in a couple days, so I missed all the fun. Now I get to be "that guy" and ask - does anyone still have the pics? Blushing

what is your e-mail
nuttz
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:14:14 PM

StriderRe80 wrote:
nuttz wrote:

what is your e-mail

PMd you ThumpUp
vanlanning
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:49:00 PM

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

seroiusly, why do I always choose the worst times not to get on bloo milk! Are they anywhere anymore, or are they all gone?
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:50:07 PM

Awh, dang. I didn't save the pictures Crying

What I don't understand is why Wizards would pull the pictures now? They've already been leaked, tons of people have already saved/copied/printed the pics, and the damage is done.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:07:12 PM

mercenary_moose wrote:
Awh, dang. I didn't save the pictures Crying

What I don't understand is why Wizards would pull the pictures now? They've already been leaked, tons of people have already saved/copied/printed the pics, and the damage is done.

Agreed. How long before they start posting previews?
TALON33
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:02:17 PM

yodaccm wrote:
Wow, an Imperial Sentinel! That should be cool! Looks like Darth Bandon, GM Luke Skywalker looks a little subdued. I'm guessing that is definitely Jaina in there. Also, Yoda looks like the COTF version. I'm wondering if that one green droid is a Yuuzhan Vong Hunter droid...
I belive that the droid is a Krath War Droid. COOOOOL!Woot
StriderRe80
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 6:37:46 AM

I submit that it is Darth Plagueis Sad
markedman247
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 7:07:46 AM

I also admit I was wrong about it being Darth Plagueis. I wonder if all of his Force Powers will be ???? :)