RegisterDonateLogin

Dannik Jerriko: "It's the soup of your future."

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Delaware Regional Options
corranhorn
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:57:33 AM
Groups: Member

DARPH NADER wrote:
10-10:30 for squad reg, then round one at 10:30?

Sounds good. Something else-is anyone willing to be the "showrunner" here, to coordinate the tournament, take down scores, etc? I've been the organiser becayse of my location, etc, which I'm happy to do, but I have zero experience actaully running a tournament. If no one else wants to, I'll try, though, but I can't gaurentee everything will go smoothly.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:09:45 AM

corranhorn wrote:
DARPH NADER wrote:

Sounds good. Something else-is anyone willing to be the "showrunner" here, to coordinate the tournament, take down scores, etc? I've been the organiser becayse of my location, etc, which I'm happy to do, but I have zero experience actaully running a tournament. If no one else wants to, I'll try, though, but I can't gaurentee everything will go smoothly.

If I can make it down, I will be happy to do so. However I must honor my commitment to our OH crew should their event reschedule solidifies.
corranhorn
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:34:26 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:
corranhorn wrote:
DARPH NADER wrote:

If I can make it down, I will be happy to do so. However I must honor my commitment to our OH crew should their event reschedule solidifies.

Gotcha. ThumpUp
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 8:53:43 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Looking forward to it.
Hinkbert
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 2:58:07 PM

corranhorn wrote:
DARPH NADER wrote:

I can help out. I'll see if I can borrow a laptop for the day since I just have a desktop myself. I've never actually run one myself either but I've been to enough now to know how to run one, plus I can assist with judging if need be too.
corranhorn
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 3:33:33 PM

Hinkbert wrote:
corranhorn wrote:
DARPH NADER wrote:

I can help out. I'll see if I can borrow a laptop for the day since I just have a desktop myself. I've never actually run one myself either but I've been to enough now to know how to run one, plus I can assist with judging if need be too.

Much appreciated, man! Yeah, I also don't have a laptop, which is probably an issue. Scared
AndyHatton
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2013 4:39:30 PM

I might be able to bring my laptop though it is a Mac, don't know of that matters
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 12:59:16 PM

It's official, folks! The Delaware Regional will be held at Days of Knights in Newark, DE starting at 10:30 AM on Saturday, July 27th!

You'll see DoK's storefront on the side of Main Street. There is an intersection just down from it (the intersection has a Seasons Pizza and a Papa John's). When you get to the intersection, go down the road that Seasons Pizza and Papa John's have in common. (Very confusing and rather hard to explain, tell me if you need more clarification). You should have Season on your left and Papa John's on your right. In a second you'll find that you have the opening to a large parking lot (with a Burger King) on your lef and a smaller parking lot on your right. Go into the smaller parking lot on your right; at the end of it there should be a building that says "DoK's Game Club." Go in their and start unpacking your minis!
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 1:59:28 PM

Just thought of something else: maps. I don't have many of the maps on the restricted lists.
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 2:12:58 PM

Well after you pick a list (A, B, or C) you can ask folks to bring their own personal map choice (generally a given I think) and if willing extra they don't mind others using.
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 2:19:07 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
Well after you pick a list (A, B, or C) you can ask folks to bring their own personal map choice (generally a given I think) and if willing extra they don't mind others using.

See, this is what I mean about not knowing how to run a tournament. :-P
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 2:20:16 PM

Does anyone have preferences as to which maplist to use?

Edit: My vote is for Tatooine. BigGrin
Hinkbert
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 4:03:50 PM

corranhorn wrote:

Well as the TO it's your prerogative to pick, so if that's what you like, then go with it
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 4:27:19 PM

Hinkbert wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

Well as the TO it's your prerogative to pick, so if that's what you like, then go with it

TO?
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 4:34:58 PM

corranhorn wrote:
Hinkbert wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

TO?

Tournament Organizer
DARPH NADER
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 4:36:57 PM

Agreed with Señor Hinkbert, it's your call on map list or lists.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 4:49:46 PM

Great news!
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 5:18:15 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
corranhorn wrote:
Hinkbert wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

TO?

Tournament Organizer

I figured it was something like that. What maplist would you guys want? It dosen't really make a difference to me.
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 5:41:59 PM

You mentioned you liked Maplist B, why don't you do that? (I like all of them, I know this is hard haha)
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2013 5:43:48 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
You mentioned you liked Maplist B, why don't you do that? (I like all of them, I know this is hard haha)

Tbh I only wanted to do Maplist B in particular because it'd give me an excuse to pick up a particular map. BigGrin But I want to make sure no one has a preference for one reason or another, since I don't much care.